Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2012, 12:05   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Blu smiles- Toyota Etios Liva G- First one on TBHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by acurafan View Post
I am also in the same camp here. -7.5 and -7 left and right eye respectively. You need a very good anti-reflection coating on your glass. Don't go for the usual ones that you can get at an optician, they are useless. I got multi-layer coatings from Hoya and it really makes a difference. This is almost camera lens grade coating. Unfortunately it costs a fortune. In spite of all this the glare is just bearable due to the indiscriminate use of high beam.
Could you please share the exact specs of the coating with a contact number if possible. This will certainly be of use to my mother while driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunu View Post
Hey Mayank,
Nice car and very nice ownership review. Even though Toyota is a late entrant in the sedan/hatch market, I guess they have a winner on hand in Etios.

Etios is similar to Toyota Yaris or the older Echo models offered in middle east.

People familiar with the GCC market would agree that Yaris / Echo's are the most reliable and common cars in GCC ( Atleast I can say with 100% confidence about Oman market where Toyota account for almost 70% total market share and Yaris and corolla account for more than 50% of total sales.)
These are super reliable and efficient cars and my office has a yaris hatch back with 3.8L kms with in 4 yrs of ownership which is common for such cars.

Nice review and Thanks for sharing.
Glad to hear such re-assuring comments about Etios. I myself own an Etios Diesel ( 10,500 kms on the odo ) and it's a gem to drive around. Zero hassles till now.
Old 14th March 2012, 13:15   #62
BHPian

Hi Amalji, these are the specifications of the coating
HEAR: High Efficiency Broad-Band AR Coating from HOYA OPTICS: Leading supplier of advanced optical materials & components

I don't know where you can get it. I got my specs done when was in California and the optics lab for Hoya was in San Francisco. You can probably find out by calling Hoya India directly.
Contacts
acurafan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2012, 21:48   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Congrats on the new Lumia.
Since you are a 'new user' of GPS, just want to caution you with regards to safety.
Drive safe
@Amalji, thanks for your valuable advice. I would definitely keep the points mentioned, in my mind.

Even i have noticed that i cannot concentrate on 2 things at a time. Thus, i would have to be really careful while driving.

Meanwhile, i have ordered a Universal car Mobile holder from ebay. While the original cost more than 1500, i got the one for 390 from ebay.
Will post a few pics once i install that.
Old 14th March 2012, 22:09   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunu View Post
Hey Mayank,
Nice car and very nice ownership review. Even though Toyota is a late entrant in the sedan/hatch market, I guess they have a winner on hand in Etios.

Etios is similar to Toyota Yaris or the older Echo models offered in middle east.

People familiar with the GCC market would agree that Yaris / Echo's are the most reliable and common cars in GCC ( Atleast I can say with 100% confidence about Oman market where Toyota account for almost 70% total market share and Yaris and corolla account for more than 50% of total sales.)
These are super reliable and efficient cars and my office has a yaris hatch back with 3.8L kms with in 4 yrs of ownership which is common for such cars.

Nice review and Thanks for sharing.
Thanks arunu,
I agree to the fact that Toyota cars are among the most reliable lot. 7 months of ownership have brought only smiles so far.

Also, 3.8L kms within 4 years! whooping.
Most other cars would not able to last even half, without major niggles, IMO.
mayank10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2012, 22:38   #65
BHPian

Well folks,
I went to Kochi last saturday with wifey, SIL, and a close friend , and this was my longest single drive so far. (Trivandrum- Kochi- Trivandrum).

Blu fared really really well and was I was immensely pleased with both of our performances.

I got a mileage of approx. 15 during this trip (with 100% AC).

Posting some of the snaps clicked.

My Blu smiles- Toyota Etios Liva G- First one on TBHP-img_1656.jpg

My Blu smiles- Toyota Etios Liva G- First one on TBHP-img_1660.jpg

My Blu smiles- Toyota Etios Liva G- First one on TBHP-img_1661.jpg

My Blu smiles- Toyota Etios Liva G- First one on TBHP-img_1669.jpg

Will be posting some more once i get them. Likes invited!
Old 28th March 2012, 08:35   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

The foglamp is a worthy accessory to have on the Liva. Please install the OEM foglamps on the car and they do a decent job with excellent spread. However, note that the bulb is PS8 type bulb which is old school type. The cost is 4150/- in Banglaore for the Fog lamps.

Bring the experience of the long drive in detail.
Old 13th August 2012, 20:12   #67
BHPian

Hi BHPians,

Need an advice!

My car's insurance policy is expiring on 16th of this month and i need to get it renewed.

Existing Policy- Cholamandalam insurance, amount Rs. 16,900 approx
Type of insurance- Bumper to bumper
No. of claims- 1, approx value of claim 15,000 (was taken in Aug last year)
Policy was taken up during car's purchase from Toyota

Now the guys at Toyota are giving me a quote of Rs. 14,900 approx for the policy renewal (Same policy). I was informed that i would be losing out 'no claims bonus' amount, thus increasing my premium for the renewed policy.

I was under the impression that i would not need to pay more than 12k for the same kind of policy. Is the quote given by Toyota justified, or should i look outside?

I need to renew this by 16th, so looking for valuable feedback. Please let me know if i need to give any more information about the existing Policy.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks