Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2011, 15:58   #46
BHPian

Re: Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
As i am driving her more, i am liking her more for her strengths, the cabin inside is super silent and few times i have cranked her again, only to realize a few seconds later that she is already running.. Its tough to keep this steed under 3k rpm..
That's the beauty of the 1.8L engine. Honda has this drive by wire kind of a throttle which makes that acceleration feels as smooth as silk.

Quote:
.. hopefully with complete 1000Kms within the next few days with upcoming Chennai trip
Have a safe trip and enjoy this beauty. Do post some pics.

Quote:
Was reading somewhere the first service does not require oil change, just some cleanups and checkups, wondering why would it be so?
I think its been discussed under the Civic maintenance thread, that honda does not change the engine oil before 6 months. May be they have changed that. Do check this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-must-dos.html
Old 22nd December 2011, 21:50   #47
Senior - BHPian

Today went for refueling to get ready for the drive tomorrow. After full tank fill up when i was driving the fuel efficiency indicator went ballistic. Not sure if it was extra calories in the fuel at Shell Petrol pump or what. Pics attached.

It went on to touch 21+ for a short period.

Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-20111222-20.21.07.jpg

Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-20111222-20.20.37.jpg

Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-20111222-20.21.20.jpg
Old 23rd December 2011, 01:15   #48
BHPian

Hi Mayank,
Congrats on ur Banno! She is very sexy! Good that you managed to lay your hands on this one before the new model came out! As you rightly said, the new model looks very much like the City. My roommate here in the US has just bought one for $ 20K and when he first drove it in, I was shocked! From the front, it looks way too much like a City! But the interior is pretty good. The music system display now forms part of the extended pseudo HUD which houses the speedometer and the temp and fuel indicators.
Old 23rd December 2011, 13:04   #49
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Thanks Sumo (Not sure if this is your name) .

Yesterday after refuel we went to Old madras road for a night drive and was able to touch speeds over 110 for decent periods of time. One of the comments that i received from my wife and daughter were they are getting lot of jerks when i am braking, time to do some checking.

As it turns out, coming from Baleno (Disc/Drum combination) to Civic (Disc/Disc combination) i am slightly unsure about the braking strength (which is phenomenally more then what i have in Baleno). So when i brake the car slow down too soon and i have to release it, then apply again. This sort of gives them jerks.

Had read stories about brake being weak on Civic, to be it seems like enough and more powerful, have real good bite when pressed hard.
Old 25th December 2011, 07:34   #50
Senior - BHPian

Long Drive to Chennai and Back

While going towards Chennai i had company from our close relatives and hence we had to drive together (No spirited driving) and while returning we were returning alone so lot of spirited driving. Here are the observations and some pictures.
  • Onward trip included constant speeds of 90-~100, and never crossed 110 (well occasionally touched 130+ ). The fuel efficiency returned was 15.9 .
  • The return trip saw some real fast driving, touching ~140 and consistent 100-~120 drives. This returned ~14+ FE figures. So this gives a range of ~560 Kms between refills.
  • There are quiet a few petrol pumps on the BLR-Chennai expressway so i literally let the tank dry, drove till all the bars disappeared with yellow light on top. When refueled again ~40L went in. Conclusion After all the bars disappear the tank still has ~10L of fuel.
  • The planting on the road is awesome and i really felt confident up-to speeds of ~130. Beyond that i was not very comfortable (maybe me in a new car or something else)
  • The braking is truly awesome, in Baleno from ~130 speeds i get worried about stopping, not anymore. This babe brakes real good and never wobbly feeling when braking from higher speeds.
  • Headlamps are ok, occasionally felt the throw was shorter. Especially on highways.
  • Mapmyindia was awesome, it was almost real time recognizing my position and was also showing road twists and turns exactly at the same time they appeared.
  • One irritating thing about mapmyindia was it gives the speed allowed on the highway, and if you go faster then that it will display the speed limit in the red circle (Forgot to take picture), and would speak on the speaker to slow down (irritating). Was surprised to see most of the highway had speed limit of 50-80 and everyone was flying at 110. Solution, turned down the speaker volume to zero and kept following the traffic speed.
  • The Caska video thingy played AVI/DivX files and kiddo was busy watching her favorite cartoons at the back seat (all buckled up).
  • I can foresee with two kids this would be a pain, as from back seat only one can be sitting in between to watch it through the gap, two kids in the back seat will need a conflict resolver.
  • Touched max speed of 140, could not cross it as either i was not confident or ran out of empty road.

Pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-civic-long-drive-fe.jpg  

Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-civic-night-2.jpg  

Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-civic-night1.jpg  

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 25th December 2011 at 07:37.
Old 25th December 2011, 10:59   #51
dot
Senior - BHPian

Nice FE numbers there. Also agree on the braking behavior. It is very confidence building.

Happened to check out a brand new Civic yesterday which was waiting for delivery at a Honda Showroom. It was carrying the Caska unit. Good thing was the new OEM plastic housing panel for the HU was pretty unique, not like the after-market ones. The touch screen has a slight tilt towards the driver which is not the case when you buy the panel from outside.
Old 25th December 2011, 13:16   #52
BHPian

Nice to see that Banno is getting into full gallop in under a month's time. How is she doing on the scrapers in Bengaluru?

And those are some really soothing mileage figures you've got on your Chennai run.Validates your decision all the more. Cheers!
Old 26th December 2011, 05:56   #53
Senior - BHPian

^^ Yeah i am quiet happy with the FE figures especially 15.9 is real good as it was done with decent steady speeds (Not in excess of 120, which is good). Even the 14.x figure is very good considering i used the accelerator quiet heavily and did use the clutch and gear quiet frequently.

Scraping, only twice so far, other speed brakers i am able to either manage with slow speeds or taking it across.

Was wondering what to do over a week of holidays for both Kiddo and myself, decided we are doing a 3000Km trip to my school town. I have not been to this place since 1991 when we left it. A TL coming up in the new year. Till then wishes for new year to everyone. Drive safe.
Old 31st December 2011, 07:42   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
My comments are specially from the breakers on route to the new airport. Thoughts will be much appreciated.
In the last week i have driven across 2000 Kms, i am about 1500 Kms away from home. Drove through the new airport road and i can confirm no scraping what so ever.

In the 1400Kms drive all the way on NH7 and some state highways (Single laned), and some jungle roads where in there were no roads at all. This babe did not scrape anywhere at all.

Behaved well planted, touched top speed of ~180, and consistent speeds of 120-150.

Returning back to BLR on Tuesday. Very sad that no one spotted my steed over a 1400Kms drive, neither did i spot any team BHP sticker.
Old 31st December 2011, 09:12   #55
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In the 1400Kms drive all the way on NH7 and some state highways (Single laned), and some jungle roads where in there were no roads at all. This babe did not scrape anywhere at all.
Looks like you have mastered the art of Civic driving. Handle the car in the way it is meant and it rewards you. Just yesterday we went on a really horrible 9 Kms long ghat section where there was almost no road, yet the car didnt bottom out.

Quote:
Returning back to BLR on Tuesday. Very sad that no one spotted my steed over a 1400Kms drive, neither did i spot any team BHP sticker.
Come to Pune, we will spot you.
Old 5th January 2012, 09:37   #56
Senior - BHPian

Just completed a 3200 Kms drive (Round trip) to my school town. Here are some pictures. The steed went through some horrible roads, some no roads, and some muddy jungle roads (No Tarring). Never scraped anywhere, never ran out of breathe, did not gave any trouble at all.

Here are some pictures.

Steed in Jungle, there were no roads at all.
Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-steed-jungle-1.jpg
Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-steed-jungle-2.jpg

Got the first puncture at Anantpur (AP) and thought about using the toolkit. No need as the puncture repair guy was close.
Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-civic-tool-kit.jpg

Was searching for the rear AC vents, finally found it.
Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-civic-rear-ac-vents-1.jpg

Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-civic-front-1.jpg
Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-civic-front-5.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-steed-jungle-3.jpg  

mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 14:52   #57
Senior - BHPian

She got her first dent when in Raipur, not sure where. Might be someplace i had parked as i do not remember anyone touching her while driving. Here are the pictures.

Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-first-dent-1.jpg

Also had the first puncture, was little annoyed that the new Michelins already have a puncher, but later figured out it was my drive under the expressway (under the bridge) that was quiet dirty and might have had pins/bolts/screws.
Old 8th January 2012, 06:11   #58
Senior - BHPian

There is a strange smell that comes when you start the AC, i am not sure why that is the case. There might be a need to clean some air filter or something. It's only there when starting the AC and soon goes away in few seconds.

Anyone has any clue how to go about fixing it, or is there a DIY for this?
Old 10th January 2012, 18:45   #59
Senior - BHPian

Review on Map My India

MMI kept playing prank, sometimes it would miss some of the bypasses, and once i feel it lead me to a wrong road wasting ~an hour, the speed limit displayed was incorrect (it was displayed as 50 all the way, even on highways where the limit was 100), sometimes it would keep searching for GPS.

In this picture the ETA displayed is way out of any realistic timings. Says we would reach HYD by ~2AM in the morning, in reality we reached ~10 in the night.

Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT-gps-wrong-eta.jpg
Old 17th January 2012, 05:39   #60
Senior - BHPian

4800Kms Update

She is now close to 4800 Kms, but rarely used in city as we are mostly driving the Baleno in the city, and have reserved the Her for Highways.
  1. No rattle whatsoever
  2. Fuel efficiency ~11-12 in City and ~12-15 on Highway depending on how i drive
  3. In over a month of ownership it might have scraped the belly one or two times.
  4. Called up MMI to check if i have the latest maps, and it was confirmed i have the latest MMI application. So the missing maps etc are not yet there in the latest release.
  5. Maybe in Feb or March she would go for her second service as soon as 5K is done.
  6. Planning for another highway trip post second service.
  7. Foul smell still comes initially when i switch the AC on

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks