Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2012, 17:51   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Blue Hyundai EON Comes Home

^^Manishbhai,

Congrats on a very practical choice of car.

Could you find out what's so different in the new Era+(look slike Power windows in front are standard)

Also,you'll get used to this colour as time passes :-)
Old 16th January 2012, 19:31   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
^^Manishbhai,

Could you find out what's so different in the new Era+(look slike Power windows in front are standard)
New Era has Power Windows in front + Manual Central locking ( Without remote ). These were originally the features on the Magna.
Thats about it.

I quite like the colour . Car that the kids in family will use primarily should not be a sober colour is what i feel . It should be loud . Thats exactly what this is.
Old 31st January 2012, 23:13   #18
BHPian

The Eon is a wonderful choice indeed and wish you many, many miles of memorable driving in your Eon.

What strikes me as slightly strange is that the boot rubber mat does not cover the entire floor area of the boot. The paint of the exposed/extended portion of the wheel wells could wear out over a period of time.
Old 1st February 2012, 14:12   #19
BHPian

Yes that paint is likely to be chipped off if heavy luggage is put in boot.
Since i am not going to use the boot much anyway its fine .
May be some after market matting will be available to cover the exposed metal .

Updates - I purchased additional 2 years warranty on the car by paying Rs 4110 to my dealer. This makes it 2 years standard + 2 years Extended warranty package.
Old 9th February 2012, 10:41   #20
BHPian

Congrats Manish!! Nice writeup and pics as well.

I see that you have attached your IPOD to the headunit using the regular white cable that comes with the Ipod. I also have Kenwood U449, however when I am connecting my Ipod Nano(using the stock Ipod cable) its gives an error message "NA Device". Did you face this problem or you using some other cable for connecting your Ipod to the headunit?
Old 9th February 2012, 21:41   #21
BHPian

Congrats Manish! Your car looks beautiful in blue paint shade
Well I was smitten by Hyundai Eon and recently purchased Hyundai Eon Era version . Wherever I go, my Eon instantaneously grabs people attention and they start talking about its beautiful looks and they all give big thumbs up for the design.But most of them get surprised when I tell them about its price.
I am looking for car stereo and parcel tray for my Eon.The local Hyundai dealer says my car warranty will get void if I purchase an aftermarket stereo and insists that I buy the default OEM stereo.He only has OEM car stereo but I want to go for Aftermarket ICE as it is less expensive compared to OEM stereo.Any suggestion?
Old 10th February 2012, 10:42   #22
BHPian

So long as you do not cut the wire you will be fine . I have had non factory fitted music systems on 2 of my hyundai cars and absolutely no issues with warranty claims.

You will need to purchase the converter though for the music system . It costs less than 150 bucks . Make sure the installer does not cut ANY wire.

You will have trouble with parcel tray though . I do not think you can install a parcel tray in the ERA model . Higher models have speaker area and a tray provision . In Era there is nothing . To fit an after market parcel tray you would need to screw it on the plastic or something like that.

The front doors can take 5.25 inch speakers but if you hear loud volume the doors can vibrate big time . I have fitted them and dont like the door vibrations . Note that its a vibration and not a rattle . My old hyundai used to have some sort of cardboard inside the door panel for keeping things tight . This is missing on the Eon ( Costcutting )

How much is your dealer quoting for the oem sterio ?
manishkapadia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2012, 20:21   #23
BHPian

I wanted to give an update to my initial post. My car went in for the 1st service last week . I did not send it to the Dealer Garage ( Pramukh ) .

I decided to give it to Excel Service Station which is not only close to my house but also has been maintaining our Hyundais for a while now.
Excel is a authorised Hyundai garage .

The car had done only about 750 odd KMS but since the service has to be done within 2 months i had to give it.

There was an issue that needed attention . Usually there are only 1 to 2 people in the car and there is no problem at that time . But when there is full load in the rear seat i could hear Metallic Kat Kat kat like sound from rear right side. I was certain that isnt from the suspention assembly as the sound was different . SInce the silencer is also on that same side i suspected it to be a sound with vibrating silencer or a loose mufler rubber part.

I got the Excel guy to check it and it turned out to be a loose Rod bearing Nut that was creating the noise on load.

I should mention here that the same service advisor is in excel for close to 6 + years now and knows his job well . In fact they service not only hyundais but even marutis and hondas in our area and are quite famous here for their quality work.

Most other service centre guys would have surely told me that we are not able to hear any sound and that there is nothing wrong . Not these guys and thats precisely why i go here . No nonsence . They have never asked me to buy anything unneeded and best part is they are hyundai authorised.

Some of you know that i have been trying to locate a rear view door mirror for my eon left side for a while now. Contacted all dealers . Escalated to hyundai , Emailed to hyundai , Spoke to hyundai customer care on phone . Still nothing happened . I had enquired with Shetty motors also which is a known spares shop in Mumbai and they also did not have it with them.

They day i gave my Eon for service i was lucky to find Excel owner there . Met him and personally requested his assistance in getting the desired spare part . I even told him that i have been calling Hyundai as well as Pramukh and both have been unhelpful so far. He spoke to his stores guy in front of me and told them that my needs be taken care of .

They did manage a left side mirror for me although its of the Sports Model and looks almost like an i20 left side mirror. See the different images attached with the post.

I still am waiting for the inside part because the new mirror assembly is internally adjustible so i need an internal cover with a hole in centre . I have been promised that they will arrange the spare also within this week . Image of what i have right now is attached . If i dont get the spare i will drill a hole in it

As far as the functioning of the car goes its doing alright . The famous Gear vibrations have reduced to some extent but not gone altogether .
I wanted to replace engine oil to synthetic but i am now going to do it after the car is used a bit more at higher rpms . My wife has scratched the left side door which would need repainting . This i intend to get it done before monsoons . By that time she will hopefully be a better driver.

On basis of my usage and having both the eon as well as the i10 in family i would say that i10 is a better put together car . I have a feeling that eon is not going to be as rattle free as the i10 over years . I have not had a loose nut in any of my previous cars so far.

My total bills were as under.
Left side mirror assembly - Rs 1592
First Service - Rs 441 ( They gave this bill to me but i did not have to pay it . This is what is sent to hyundai and hyundai reimburses them )

Lets see how it goes from here . Not that i am worried . There is nothing that cannot be fixed when the service guys are honest and competent .
Attached Thumbnails
The Blue Hyundai EON Comes Home-dscn0491.jpg  

The Blue Hyundai EON Comes Home-dscn0492.jpg  

The Blue Hyundai EON Comes Home-dscn0493.jpg  

The Blue Hyundai EON Comes Home-dscn0500.jpg  

manishkapadia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2012, 09:44   #24
Senior - BHPian

Your right side and left side ORVMs don't match. Are you OK with this ?

The right side ORVM looks the same as the ones in i10 ERA and Santro GLS. I may be wrong though. If it is same as the part used in i10 and Santro, sourcing it should not be a problem for the service guys.

No need to go for synthetic oil at this stage. I would suggest that you wait for the first 3 free services before switching to synthetic oil.

If I remember correctly, service interval is 1 year for Eon. Synthetic oil does make sense if you are using it for 1 year.

Rohan
Old 14th March 2012, 10:13   #25
Senior - BHPian

The two mirrors don't match! Why? Why to settle for non matching ears?! It's like a lady wearing different ear-rings in each ear! The new one looks cool, but if possible pls buy a right side mirror too, and sell off/keep the present right hand side mirror for emergency.
Old 14th March 2012, 13:39   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Your right side and left side ORVMs don't match. Are you OK with this ?

The right side ORVM looks the same as the ones in i10 ERA and Santro GLS. I may be wrong though. If it is same as the part used in i10 and Santro, sourcing it should not be a problem for the service guys.

Rohan
I know they dont match . But i had no option and the sportz ones are the only ones we could find . And i have tried hard.

The Santro, i10 and Maruti ones do not fit . That was the first thing tried.
Will need to get the Right side ones . Locating them will again be a challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
The two mirrors don't match! Why? Why to settle for non matching ears?! It's like a lady wearing different ear-rings in each ear! The new one looks cool, but if possible pls buy a right side mirror too, and sell off/keep the present right hand side mirror for emergency.
Reply as above.
Old 20th March 2012, 10:50   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
I know they dont match . But i had no option and the sportz ones are the only ones we could find . And i have tried hard.
Congratulations Manish!
Even I'm trying hard to get Left side RVM assembly. Even Salse advisior here in Vapi declared that "Left sides are not required for small cars"
Old 20th March 2012, 16:23   #28
BHPian

Ask your service advisor to get the the Left Side Assembly for the Sports model instead of the Eon Era / Magna model. That Should be easier to find.
Old 20th March 2012, 16:35   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ the easiest way to fix the difference in texture is a pair of Galio mirror covers ; if you find a set with the indicators in built,they would make a good buy

EDIT:just saw that the design is pretty different ; so even the covers won't make sense

Last edited by vigsom : 20th March 2012 at 16:37. Reason: EDIT
Old 14th June 2012, 11:40   #30
BHPian

Hey Manish,

Need a couple of inputs:
1) Howz your Eon doing now, after a few month's of ownership? Nay major issues?
2) Has the Gear lever shake reduced after a while or is it still the same?

Regards,
Kishor Shinde

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks