Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2012, 07:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'

@ifuel,

Congratulation on your Blue Torque, the Swift is one hell of a ride. I find the new Swift looks far more better than the earlier one. Nice writeup too, the detailing shows your passion for the car.

Just the other day I was admiring a grey swift parked outside our office with my colleagues and must say MS did a nice refresh job. Request you to post interior pics too.

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.
Old 25th January 2012, 10:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your Blu-T I always like small cars to be in sparkling colors and this blue is great! I have rode swift only once and had loved the drive. Heres wishing you many happy miles on it.

Do post more interior pics.
Old 25th January 2012, 10:39   #18
BHPian

Congrats ifuel. That is one hell of a car. I have got a ZDi of the same Color. Will finally get to take it for a 400km spin this weekend.

In btwn the price you paid after increase is still lower by a Cool 25k compared to what I paid in Hyd.

Have Fun and drive safe
Old 25th January 2012, 17:04   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@ifuel,

Congratulation on your Blue Torque, the Swift is one hell of a ride. I find the new Swift looks far more better than the earlier one. Nice writeup too, the detailing shows your passion for the car.

Just the other day I was admiring a grey swift parked outside our office with my colleagues and must say MS did a nice refresh job. Request you to post interior pics too.

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.
ghodlur thanks a lot for the hearty congratulations and I sure will drive safe. My thoughts are the same as you, the new swift transformations has really added a great sporty feel and a wonderful appeal to this great hatch. I am on my mission to post the interior pics, will get it done shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Congratulations on your Blu-T I always like small cars to be in sparkling colors and this blue is great! I have rode swift only once and had loved the drive. Heres wishing you many happy miles on it.

Do post more interior pics.
_raVan_ thanks a lot for the lovely wishes. I am in complete agreement after driving so many cars, that the swift is certainly a winner in my opinion. Will post the interior pics shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Congrats ifuel. That is one hell of a car. I have got a ZDi of the same Color. Will finally get to take it for a 400km spin this weekend.

In btwn the price you paid after increase is still lower by a Cool 25k compared to what I paid in Hyd.

Have Fun and drive safe
indian21r that is a wow moment for me, same car same color, do guide me to your ownership experience, if you have it, if not please post one soon. You have exorbitant taxes in Hyd, lucky for me Delhi is still cheaper when it comes to buying a car. That extra 25K will give me the option of putting up nice seat covers, rear cam and sensors. Thanks a lot for your well wishes.
Old 25th January 2012, 18:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

Good choice of colour, wishing you a very memorable and pleasant ownership experience. The 16" multispoke alloys that come along with the international swift will just look hot on this car.

Just one suggestion if I may - Please remove those side protectors, they spoil the overall aesthetics of the car, not to forget they dont serve any real purpose on the swift.
Old 26th January 2012, 11:55   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, and wish you many happy miles with your steed . Torque Blue is the best colour available on the new Swift, just dazzles the eye with its sportiness. I had no hesitation in choosing this colour over the ubiquitous white .

The petrol sibling in the same colour is adorning my garage for the past two weeks. Here's a pic of my beauty- I cal her SUZIE!
Attached Thumbnails
Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-pic-5.jpg  

arindambasu13 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2012, 12:02   #22
Senior - BHPian

iFuel, can you confirm of the steering mounted audio controls are backlit ? It says so in the brochure, but the TD car didn't have it.

Also, purely from your TD experience how did the Polo TDI compare to the Swift ? There's a noticeable difference in performance i'm sure, but is it a deal breaker is my question. Would like your views on it
Old 26th January 2012, 14:32   #23
BHPian

@ifuel: many congrats on the most coveted possession of the ZDi. Your write up was a pleasure to read. The torque blue colour looks splendid. I hope you have a happy ownership experience ahead and many more happy miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk
iFuel, can you confirm of the steering mounted audio controls are backlit ? It says so in the brochure, but the TD car didn't have it.

Also, purely from your TD experience how did the Polo TDI compare to the Swift ? There's a noticeable difference in performance i'm sure, but is it a deal breaker is my question. Would like your views on it
Yes the steering controls are backlit. You can see the effect only when the parking lights are turned on. I guess you did the TD during the daytime with the lights off.

With the exception of boot space and build quality, the Polo TDi cannot hold a candle to the Swift D. Anyways, I would love to hear what ifuel has to say.
Old 26th January 2012, 14:45   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Yes the steering controls are backlit. You can see the effect only when the parking lights are turned on. I guess you did the TD during the daytime with the lights off.

With the exception of boot space and build quality, the Polo TDi cannot hold a candle to the Swift D. Anyways, I would love to hear what ifuel has to say.
I did turn the parking lights on, however it was quite sunny when i did the TD so even though it was lit, it wasn't clearly visible.

True. The only area where the Polo scores over the Swift is in terms of Build quality, Brand image(subjective), Boot Space and rear seat comfort, however the boot and the rear seat comfort are irrelevant to me.

I'm getting a very good deal on a 2011 Polo Highline, after all discounts its only 15k more than the current OTR prices of the Swift in bangalore. I'm very tempted to pick up this car, as we'll be using it 95% within the city, it will rarely see the open road, so i'm guessing the lack of performance of the TDI vs the DDIS won't be much of a compromise. Plus, my Swift will be delivered only in late April or early May and there's a chance of prices going up again, not to mention the news of addl. duty on diesel cars.

I took 3 back-to-back TD's of the New Swift and the Polo TDI but the confusion has only increased.

Looking forward to your suggestions on this, and i hope iFuel doesn't mind me posting in his ownership thread.

Last edited by shashank.nk : 26th January 2012 at 14:48.
Old 26th January 2012, 15:08   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I

I took 3 back-to-back TD's of the New Swift and the Polo TDI but the confusion has only increased.

Looking forward to your suggestions on this, and i hope iFuel doesn't mind me posting in his ownership thread.
I don't want to hijack this thread with a Polo vs Swift comparison; so I will keep it very short.

The cons with the Polo TDi:
1) 3 cylinder engine - noisy and less refined.
2) Highway performance limited due to the above.
3) Turbo lag is more evident than the DDiS.
4) Underfeatured for the price.

Pros:
1) FE might be better due to the 3 cyl motor BUT the heavier kerb weight could negate that advantage.
2) Better build quality and boot space.
3) Brand image - an average Indian would mostly pick a VW over a Maruti.
Old 26th January 2012, 22:36   #26
BHPian

Slightly OT, but does the lack of exclusivity bother Swift owners at all?
I would feel terrible riding a Pulsar when it comes to bikes and my Enfield makes me feel like I am in a different league. I have nothing against swift but it's just everywhere. The provision store guy and the newspaper vendor included. I am just curious if Swift owners bite the bullet for better A.S.S, resale value etc. and live with it.
Old 26th January 2012, 23:52   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Good choice of colour, wishing you a very memorable and pleasant ownership experience. The 16" multispoke alloys that come along with the international swift will just look hot on this car.

Just one suggestion if I may - Please remove those side protectors, they spoil the overall aesthetics of the car, not to forget they dont serve any real purpose on the swift.
bala80 many thanks for your well wishes, I will have a look at the multi-spoke 16 inchers soon and see if they can be procured here. I had this thought of putting 16" on the car, thanks for the suggestion.

Oh! the side protectors and bumpers edge guards were the exclusive idea of my wife, and I just could not say a no, even I do not like them, I will get them off shortly after I am able to convince her, you know how hard it can be to convince the Supreme Power of the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Congrats, and wish you many happy miles with your steed . Torque Blue is the best colour available on the new Swift, just dazzles the eye with its sportiness. I had no hesitation in choosing this colour over the ubiquitous white .

The petrol sibling in the same colour is adorning my garage for the past two weeks. Here's a pic of my beauty- I cal her SUZIE!
arindambasu13 wow you have such a hot hatch there in the same color. I just love the alloys you have fitted on it and that red on the alloy really works beautifully as a contrast to the blue color. An absolute beauty I must say. So that now makes 3 blue swifts on T-Bhp, we are rising in numbers and I'm loving it. Many thanks for the hearty wishes.

Quote:

shashank.nk the steering mounted controls are back lit, though a little low on the illumination so I can understand if you didn't notice. Compared to the Polo, the swift definitely wins in the peppy engine and driving dynamics. It is hard to fault the Polo in build quality, brand name and the classy look which to me is very elegant and will age beautifully.

I do not think it should be a deal breaker because Polo in itself is a very accomplished car. It has it's benefits, simply depends on what you wish to ignore and like.

Quote:
@ifuel: many congrats on the most coveted possession of the ZDi. Your write up was a pleasure to read. The torque blue colour looks splendid. I hope you have a happy ownership experience ahead and many more happy miles.

fuel_addict many thanks for the lovely wishes, I am planning on taking it for a long drive to Chandigarh soon, let us see how that experience turns out to be.

Thanks for the answer to shashank.nk query.

Quote:
I did turn the parking lights on, however it was quite sunny when i did the TD so even though it was lit, it wasn't clearly visible.

True. The only area where the Polo scores over the Swift is in terms of Build quality, Brand image(subjective), Boot Space and rear seat comfort, however the boot and the rear seat comfort are irrelevant to me.

I'm getting a very good deal on a 2011 Polo Highline, after all discounts its only 15k more than the current OTR prices of the Swift in bangalore. I'm very tempted to pick up this car, as we'll be using it 95% within the city, it will rarely see the open road, so i'm guessing the lack of performance of the TDI vs the DDIS won't be much of a compromise. Plus, my Swift will be delivered only in late April or early May and there's a chance of prices going up again, not to mention the news of addl. duty on diesel cars.

Sir, I am absolutely fine with a good discussion and it always helps here as there are many experts who will answer the questions. Please do share your final decision.

Quote:
I don't want to hijack this thread with a Polo vs Swift comparison; so I will keep it very short.

The cons with the Polo TDi:
1) 3 cylinder engine - noisy and less refined.
2) Highway performance limited due to the above.
3) Turbo lag is more evident than the DDiS.
4) Underfeatured for the price.

Pros:
1) FE might be better due to the 3 cyl motor BUT the heavier kerb weight could negate that advantage.
2) Better build quality and boot space.
3) Brand image - an average Indian would mostly pick a VW over a Maruti.
An absolutely wonderful, short and a neat comparison, thank you very much fuel_addict. And rest assured you are not hijacking the thread, anything to help a fellow Bhpian is a good cause to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relativity View Post
Slightly OT, but does the lack of exclusivity bother Swift owners at all?
I would feel terrible riding a Pulsar when it comes to bikes and my Enfield makes me feel like I am in a different league. I have nothing against swift but it's just everywhere. The provision store guy and the newspaper vendor included. I am just curious if Swift owners bite the bullet for better A.S.S, resale value etc. and live with it.
I bit the bullet for the engine, performance and driving dynamics. Not to forget the new beautiful design and the upgraded interiors. The A.S.S is an added advantage. And yes there are a lot of swifts around and that really does not bother me. On the contrary I admire and appreciate another swift driving past me anytime.

Here are the interior pics as promised. Do let me know in case anything more is required. Shot it with my SG2 so I really cannot guarantee a superior image quality, please accept my apologies, I am not a pro at these things.
Attached Thumbnails
Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120126_172424.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120126_172434.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120126_172442.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120126_172454.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120126_172517.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120126_172533.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120126_172541.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120126_172549.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120126_172556.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120126_172605.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120126_172612.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120126_172622.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120126_172633.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120126_172644.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120126_172708.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120126_172713.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120126_172720.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120126_172733.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120126_172739.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120126_172747.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120126_172839.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120126_172846.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120126_172855.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120126_172902.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120126_172908.jpg  

Blu-T: My Maruti Swift Zdi Jan 2012 'I'm in Love again'-20120126_234841.jpg  

iFuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2012, 00:08   #28
Senior - BHPian

@iFuel:

Many thanks bro. I love the colour, and I almost was settled on the OEM Swift ZDI alloys, when I went the extra mile to buy the Lenso alloys you see on Suzie right now. And yes, that red on the centre gels amazingly well with the sporty blue! Swift has always had massive mod potential, and the new one is even better suited to slapping on some alloys and fatter tires, being longer and wider in stance over the previous gen Swift.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 27th January 2012 at 00:09.
Old 27th January 2012, 16:15   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hi iFuel, long time no see!

Finally a new car ownership report from your side. Congrats and I wish you thousands of happy and blissful miles on your new Blu-T.

It was kinda hurtful to see the Civic dream shattering! However, sometimes you have to choose between Brain and Heart and it is a tough decision, I tell ya. Swift Zdi is an absolutely brillant hatch (barring the on-road price!!!) and should be able to satisfy your brain and heart both.

Have some handful times with you new Swifty.

PS: I do live in Saket, so next time you are in vicinity of Select Citywalk and want to have a quick meet, give me a buzz!
Old 28th January 2012, 00:05   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Hi iFuel, long time no see!

Finally a new car ownership report from your side. Congrats and I wish you thousands of happy and blissful miles on your new Blu-T.

It was kinda hurtful to see the Civic dream shattering! However, sometimes you have to choose between Brain and Heart and it is a tough decision, I tell ya. Swift Zdi is an absolutely brillant hatch (barring the on-road price!!!) and should be able to satisfy your brain and heart both.

Have some handful times with you new Swifty.

PS: I do live in Saket, so next time you are in vicinity of Select Citywalk and want to have a quick meet, give me a buzz!
Ace F355 it is so nice to see you after a long time. I had been busy with life in general and trying to procure this new car. It's an honor that you stopped by and I really respect that. Thanks for the good wishes.

I have to agree it was a heart breaking and a tough decision to move away from the Civic and go for the Swift, life is like that. It is so nice to know that you live nearby, I will definitely love to meet you and see the Grey beauty in person. I live in Malviya Nagar, I'll drop you my Ph# in a PM and the next time I am free I would definitely give you a buzz.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks