Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2012, 01:51   #61

Re: My All New 2012 VW Jetta Highline - MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by reventon2010 View Post
It's crazy that VW seem to be determined to price themselves completely out of the competition! Having said that, if im not mistaken the laura is due for a facelift anytime soon.
What accessories are they offering you?
Reventon,
I really didn't go into the details of the accessories asvi kind of figured out that it wouldn't be very attractive from the SEYs,the Laura is due for a facelift,when being the question !!

Joules

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
The Laura facelift will not be here before mid 2013 or even later than that. So, its not like the current Laura doesn't make sense. If they offer a good deal, I recon it would be smart to get one soon. I will be starting test drives and dealership runs from the start of the next month since I'm planning to buy a new car in this segment, so I'll keep you updated.
DeKay,
They're offering almost 1.20 cash discount on an elegance at which sounds really attractive.They were ready for the td which i enjoyed.Ready delivery for the colour and model that i like.
Why are they being so generous is what surprises me.Generally,these things happens on outgoing models.The concept cars,mission l and vision d showcased recently definitely showed the difference in styling of the upcoming models.The current model is great nevertheless!

Joules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
There is no Laura Facelift coming. In fact an all new Laura will be launched in 2013 and it will be called the Octavia (its international name). I don't think it makes sense to get a Laura now as it will lose value very fast when the new one comes out.
Nik_kapur,
Can we be really sure when ?I know that the new Laura will be relaunched as the Octavia

Joules
Old 17th June 2012, 17:32   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joules View Post
DeKay,
They're offering almost 1.20 cash discount on an elegance at which sounds really attractive.They were ready for the td which i enjoyed.Ready delivery for the colour and model that i like.
Why are they being so generous is what surprises me.Generally,these things happens on outgoing models.The concept cars,mission l and vision d showcased recently definitely showed the difference in styling of the upcoming models.The current model is great nevertheless!
Skoda has a reputation of giving huge discounts. Last month, a friend of mine TD'd the Yeti 4x2, they offered him 1.2L discount even before negotiation. I'm sure, with some negotiation, they would have easily gone as high as 2L. So, don't be suspicious that they might discontinue the model soon.

As far as the new Laura is concerned, it will NOT be here before mid or late 2013. So, if you don't mind and don't care for the resale value, the laura IS a great deal.
Old 17th June 2012, 20:23   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Skoda has a reputation of giving huge discounts. Last month, a friend of mine TD'd the Yeti 4x2, they offered him 1.2L discount even before negotiation. I'm sure, with some negotiation, they would have easily gone as high as 2L. So, don't be suspicious that they might discontinue the model soon.

As far as the new Laura is concerned, it will NOT be here before mid or late 2013. So, if you don't mind and don't care for the resale value, the laura IS a great deal.
You're right the discount offered was without much haggling.I''m sure they'd bring it down if i push em.Thanks DeKay.

Joules
Old 22nd June 2012, 16:10   #64
BHPian

Quote:
You're right the discount offered was without much haggling.I''m sure they'd bring it down if i push em.Thanks DeKay.

Joules
I am not trying to discourage you from buying the laura but since you live in kerala, i know how skoda will do down the road. I had the hardest time selling my car here and the price i got is not even worth mentioning.

I am leaving tomorrow for my first long road trip in the Jetta (cochin-kannur-bangalore-cochin ~ 1400kms).. Pretty excited. I will be posting a detailed report once i am back. Cheers...
Old 22nd June 2012, 17:45   #65

Quote:
I am not trying to discourage you from buying the laura but since you live in kerala, i know how skoda will do down the road. I had the hardest time selling my car here and the price i got is not even worth mentioning.

I am leaving tomorrow for my first long road trip in the Jetta (cochin-kannur-bangalore-cochin ~ 1400kms).. Pretty excited. I will be posting a detailed report once i am back. Cheers...
Thanks Reventon,

Have a great trip and a safe .Hope you will give us a great review once you're back.As for me,it was a tough call.But i went for it finally.Booked a comfortline Jetta-moonrock silver.Hope to get it in 7-10 days as per the dealer.
Old 22nd June 2012, 18:21   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Reventon,

Have a great trip and a safe .Hope you will give us a great review once you're back.As for me,it was a tough call.But i went for it finally.Booked a comfortline Jetta-moonrock silver.Hope to get it in 7-10 days as per the dealer.
Thanks... and congrats on booking the car. i ll be looking forward to your review. May be, we can plan a meet up at cochin if there are any other jetta owners there..lol
I was at EVM the other day and they had a gold leaf silver (dont know what it is called now) in stock. If you are getting the car from evm, i'd strongly recommend you to deal directly with GK. He went way out of his way to help me with my car delivery.
Old 22nd June 2012, 19:31   #67

Reventon,

Yup that colour is now apparently called Moonrock silver.
I haven't seen the car yet as i am currently at Delhi.My dad has been interacting with the dealers.We had a SE by the name Vinay i think.I have only been giving him suggestions.Will be in Cochin in 2 weeks.Then maybe we could catch up.
Old 10th August 2012, 20:42   #68
BHPian

Hi reventon2010,
Did you have option of 4yr / 100,000 kms extended warranty when you bought your car? were you offered same by the dealer?
All the local dealers I have contacted are not mentioning about this though VW India says its there on their website. This is strange. I cant understand why the dealers are denying the same. Its a good selling point and makes it equally attractive as Skoda Shield available with Skoda Laura.
Old 10th August 2012, 22:37   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezrskb View Post
Hi reventon2010,
Did you have option of 4yr / 100,000 kms extended warranty when you bought your car? were you offered same by the dealer?
All the local dealers I have contacted are not mentioning about this though VW India says its there on their website. This is strange. I cant understand why the dealers are denying the same. Its a good selling point and makes it equally attractive as Skoda Shield available with Skoda Laura.
Dezrskb,
I called up all the dealers in Bangalore and even VW India. All of them said there is no EW on the Jetta. The weird think is that Passat comes with an EW.
Old 10th August 2012, 23:15   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Dezrskb,
I called up all the dealers in Bangalore and even VW India. All of them said there is no EW on the Jetta. The weird think is that Passat comes with an EW.

Hi Shivasuma,
Even I was under the same impression. But please refer to GTO's post today in the thread "Fish me out of this 15 Lac Soup". But as you say if VW India is denying it, then there is no much hope. But apparently some are getting it ? When I called Toll free VW India number, as usual its a call center employee picking up the phone and taking your contact details and promising somebody more intelligent will get in touch with you soon. When I asked about EW, she says in sweetest voice "definitely sir, you will have a corporate offer. Which company are you working for sir?". It took me some time to make her understand that I was a doctor and already aware of the corporate offer available for me but EW was something she could not understand. I called VW Whitefield sales agent but says no idea. When I said its on their website he says - "Sir company knows what they are selling, they are not chumma giving some cars". The word in slang made me say "I too am not giving chumma my 22 Lacs" which brought him back to his usual politeness. But I think we should start a thread to make more potential Jetta owners aware of this. Why not if it is available at a nominal cost? company may not have much confidence in their own product probably. But I am already thinking of opting for an MT rather than a DSG now.
Old 29th August 2012, 23:31   #71

Quote:
Update on the Extended Warranty:
Extended Warrenty (4 years/100,000kms) is now available at Rs 6500/.
Hi Reventon,
Can you please confirm if EW is available. If you have bought one, please can you post a copy of the receipt/booklet. I just booked a CL with VW Downtown, but the dealer insists no EW yet. This is the only disappointing thing about the VW. Im somehow not at peace without an EW for 20L car.
Old 17th September 2012, 12:03   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Reventon,
Can you please confirm if EW is available. If you have bought one, please can you post a copy of the receipt/booklet. I just booked a CL with VW Downtown, but the dealer insists no EW yet. This is the only disappointing thing about the VW. Im somehow not at peace without an EW for 20L car.
I apologize for my very late reply. I was indeed offered EW from tvm showroom. They told me i'd have the option to go for EW up until six months from the date of delivery.
Old 28th November 2013, 13:49   #73
BHPian

@ reventon, any idea on the resale value of 2012/01 registered jettas in Cochin?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks