Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2012, 12:22   #76
BHPian

Re: Something fast, Something naughty - The Volvo S60 T6 (304 BHP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raosaheb Desai View Post

I mean is there enough space left for luggage??

you should've asked that way then

the boot space is around 440L if i am not wrong. though small bags can fit in since the floor where the spare wheel is to be fitted is almost flat. Though will check it out and let you know.
Old 5th March 2012, 16:49   #77
BHPian

'I anyways would be going for the evoque sometime soon. So no more SUV's'

Man! what profession are you in?? sure you got tons of money stashed somewhere! nice car by the way!
Old 5th March 2012, 17:03   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kau_therock View Post
Specs:
The best feature which I liked is the city safety feature. In this, the car detects if a pedestrian is about to cross the road and come in front of the car. It gives a blinking signal and if the driver still doesn’t respond, it brakes by itself. I had tried this when I took the car’s demo, though not on a pedestrian obviously but a dummy.
Isnt this going to be more of a nuisance on the Pune roads? Can the car distinguish between pedestrians and 2 wheelers?

Quote:
Returned to the showroom, gave thumbs up to the guy and booked a T6 on the spot without thinking twice. Such was the grace of the beauty.
Wow!
What do you do for a living man?
Old 5th March 2012, 17:08   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
'I anyways would be going for the evoque sometime soon. So no more SUV's'

Man! what profession are you in?? sure you got tons of money stashed somewhere! nice car by the way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by freak1201 View Post
Isnt this going to be more of a nuisance on the Pune roads? Can the car distinguish between pedestrians and 2 wheelers?

Wow!
What do you do for a living man?
Just a small hard working entrepreneur.
kau_therock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 15:04   #80
BHPian

Beautiful. Looks great, goes hard, grips harder. Lets us know how the service experience is
Old 7th March 2012, 17:18   #81
BHPian

Congratulations on a stunner. I've been a big fan of the new-loook Volvos since they came out... I've always felt they had more styling presence than some of the other euro-sedans we're now accustomed to seeing.

I remember driving my aunt's S80 T6 in 2008 when I was in the US. What blew me away wasn't just the raw power of the turbocharged 3-liter inline six but the safety features and toys it had.... lane departure warning, driver alert system, blind-sport warning (BLIS, I think it was called), adaptive cruise control, the works.

Here's wishing you many miles of motoring nirvana with your new toy... and please do put some more miles on her!!
Old 7th March 2012, 19:37   #82
BHPian

Shouldn't T6 AWD come standard with Four-C (Continuously Controlled Chassis Concept)? I see it missing from your car. Or you have gone for 2012 model?
Old 7th March 2012, 21:59   #83
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
Shouldn't T6 AWD come standard with Four-C (Continuously Controlled Chassis Concept)?
No, the Four-C chassis is not standard on the T6. The T6 also comes with a Touring Chassis. As you've said, this car looks like it's been fitted with the Touring Chassis, which is probably better for Indian roads.
Old 25th June 2012, 10:29   #84
BHPian

Quote:
you should've asked that way then

the boot space is around 440L if i am not wrong. though small bags can fit in since the floor where the spare wheel is to be fitted is almost flat. Though will check it out and let you know.
Hi,
Any update on servicing???
What is Volvo warranty scheme??
Old 25th June 2012, 14:15   #85
Senior - BHPian

Just saw the pics again. This car looks great. But only 3 sold in Pune?!! That's exclusivity indeed. But why so less number for such a technologically sound and a good looking car?! Also I guess more safety features at that price point. Yet people are still shying away from this car.
Old 25th June 2012, 14:30   #86
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

What a lovely simple and elegant review for such a stylish, understatedly elegant, 'connoisseur's' vehicle! Well done on that choice.
Ever since I saw the old SAINT series featuring the Volvo P1800 I ve been hooked to this brand. The brit detective serial Midsomer Murders, features an S40 and a V40 I think. I ve liked these new breed Volvos ever since I watched that serial. Recently saw a few big V70's in Australia.
Really lovely cars, these Volvos.
If the Geely boys are as smart as I think they are, they will quietly leave the Volvo engineers to keep on with their outstanding work without interruption and interference.
Old 25th June 2012, 14:56   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
If the Geely boys are as smart as I think they are, they will quietly leave the Volvo engineers to keep on with their outstanding work without interruption and interference.
I think that’s exactly they are doing (probably something similar to how TATA is dealing with JLR). Nice to see these stylish Volvo cars, and the good thing is, they have kept the relationship with Ford for engine sharing.
Old 30th June 2012, 14:03   #88
BHPian

i am so sorry for keeping away from this thread for long. Was busy with work schedule. Anyways, now i am back. My s60 will complete an year on 7th july, next month. Damn, it still feels new, just like I've bought it yesterday. the back seat plastic wraps are still as it is, since haven't been a chauffeur, nor took anyone. I ride it alone

regarding the service interval, it is 30k / 1 year, and my car has done just 10% of it. Odo reads 3.1k, lol. Asked the dealership, they said, no need as of now, we'll do it around 5k. though the car bugs me everytime i start it saying, "Book a Maintenance". I have a feeling that after some days, it'll say, "lamer, don't you care for me? go and book a service schedule right away" :P
kau_therock is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2012, 00:39   #89
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

regarding the service interval, it is 30k / 1 year, and my car has done just 10% of it. Odo reads 3.1k, lol. Asked the dealership, they said, no need as of now, we'll do it around 5k. though the car bugs me everytime i start it saying, "Book a Maintenance". I have a feeling that after some days, it'll say, "lamer, don't you care for me? go and book a service schedule right away" :P
Why has the T6 done only 3000 kms in a year? Why is it not your daily drive?
Old 29th September 2012, 10:10   #90
BHPian

Quote:
i am so sorry for keeping away from this thread for long. Was busy with work schedule. Anyways, now i am back. My s60 will complete an year on 7th july, next month. Damn, it still feels new, just like I've bought it yesterday. the back seat plastic wraps are still as it is, since haven't been a chauffeur, nor took anyone. I ride it alone

Hey !

Even i'm planning on the S60 D3 pretty soon. Just wanted to check on the service and spares. As its a CBU, isn't spares an issue ? Can you also give some information on service costs ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks