Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2012, 00:23   #106
Team-BHP Support

Re: Audi RS5 - Initial Ownership Report (1800 Kms)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zkalra View Post
This whole two wheel drive being the more 'pure' form of the automobile is a bunch of BS and frankly makes sense only on the track or for shooting 'cool looking' videos for tv shows. Most people don't even go on the track let alone do drifting orpowerslides and for that majority the Quattro is the better form of transport.
And it's faster around the track especially in the rain.
Pure or not I don't know. But I find it more fun, rather I like the drama with RWD acceleration. I mean even in my humble 320d if I'm taking a turn in the city a dab of the throttle and the tail swings out, its just fun and it can't be done that easily with a quattro. Otherwise sure, the effortless acceleration of the Audis is great as is the handling. But let me change my statement to I would own an Audi only after having another RWD car in the house.

Btw did you like the solution I gave you for your front no plate?
Old 31st March 2012, 00:36   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Pure or not I don't know. But I find it more fun, rather I like the drama with RWD acceleration. I mean even in my humble 320d if I'm taking a turn in the city a dab of the throttle and the tail swings out, its just fun and it can't be done that easily with a quattro. Otherwise sure, the effortless acceleration of the Audis is great as is the handling. But let me change my statement to I would own an Audi only after having another RWD car in the house.

Btw did you like the solution I gave you for your front no plate?
I love the solution that you gave me - thanks. However I am not putting anything at the moment. . It just looks so much better without anything. But the solution you gave me is probably my first choice in case I change my mind.
Old 5th April 2012, 10:29   #108
BHPian

3300 km update -

Prologue - I am loving this car more as each day passes. I am using it each and every day as it is a good mile muncher as well as an exceptional sports coupe. Below are a couple of 'highlights':

1. The performance seems to be a bit inconsistent at times. Make no mistake it is exhilarating and extremely intense but sometimes seems a bit, 'underwhelming'. I guess what I mean by that is that the sheer intensity with which it usually covers ground seems missing. I think I have it pegged down to the Petrol quality. The darn pumps in NCR all have varying qualities of fuel. I only use 97 octane but there too there are some inconsistencies.
Also it could be due To the fact that's am getting 'used' to this level of performance and hence no longer find it that intense.

2. The after sales support has been fabulous. The Audi Gurgaon folks are truly doing a fabulous job so far. In fact their level of customer service has left me quite astounded. Just sent the car for some minor check ups and found the staff to be pretty competent.

3. The car has some squeaks and creaks in the cabin but that is perhaps due to the the firm sports setup. Still a bit noisy for my liking.

4. Fuel efficiency is not as bad as I thought. I still end up getting about 4.5 kmpl despite an 'aggressive' driving style.
Old 5th April 2012, 23:40   #109
BHPian

Glad you are enjoying the car mate.

And i am not one bit surprised that you use the car for your daily commute because it is quite exceptional when it comes to going over speed humps. Though being a sports coupe i too found found it a breeze to drive around.

You usually drive the car on the 'dynamic ' mode?
Old 6th April 2012, 00:45   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmydog View Post
Glad you are enjoying the car mate.

And i am not one bit surprised that you use the car for your daily commute because it is quite exceptional when it comes to going over speed humps. Though being a sports coupe i too found found it a breeze to drive around.

You usually drive the car on the 'dynamic ' mode?
I alternate between Dynamic and comfort. However Dynamic is the one to stick to. it is so crazy quick. And just so reactive. The NA engine really gives it instant response and these engines are unfortunate a dying breed with the need for catering to environmental issues taking precedence over 'thrills'.
Turbo chargers are probably going to end up in super cars too though I am not sure if the crazy guys at Lambo are ever going to compromise.
Old 6th April 2012, 00:59   #111
BHPian

Quote:
I alternate between Dynamic and comfort. However Dynamic is the one to stick to. it is so crazy quick. And just so reactive. The NA engine really gives it instant response and these engines are unfortunate a dying breed with the need for catering to environmental issues taking precedence over 'thrills'.
Turbo chargers are probably going to end up in super cars too though I am not sure if the crazy guys at Lambo are ever going to compromise.
I know what you mean man, once you drive on dynamic, going back to comfort seems a no - no.

Rightly said, the power delivery of these NA engines insane, and the best part is one never gets tired because even during city drives you see a small patch of clear road, press the gas and the car roars forward without so much as a hint of downtime!

I super jealous of you man, you have this as your daily drive
Old 6th April 2012, 01:09   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmydog View Post
I know what you mean man, once you drive on dynamic, going back to comfort seems a no - no.

Rightly said, the power delivery of these NA engines insane, and the best part is one never gets tired because even during city drives you see a small patch of clear road, press the gas and the car roars forward without so much as a hint of downtime!

I super jealous of you man, you have this as your daily drive
You nailed it. You see a clearing and just stamp on the accelerator and almost like a warp machine you just reach there. It's especially noticeable when the other cars are crawling along.
Old 6th April 2012, 02:19   #113
BHPian

Anyone in NCR up for a Buddha Circuit meet??
Old 6th April 2012, 11:12   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone in NCR up for a Buddha Circuit meet??
Hey I am in if they allow me to take my humble Civic for a couple of laps.
Old 10th April 2012, 09:39   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Hey I am in if they allow me to take my humble Civic for a couple of laps.
Let me find out what the restrictions are. I'm not sure but isn't it too long a track to be fully enjoyed in anything less than 300 Hp?
Old 16th April 2012, 11:22   #116
BHPian

i think i finally saw your car yesterday on the faridabad road at around 5:45ish?i was in my black santro turning left into dlf phase 1.
Old 1st July 2014, 13:39   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Let me find out what the restrictions are. I'm not sure but isn't it too long a track to be fully enjoyed in anything less than 300 Hp?
BUMP

Hey Zkalra,

How is the rs5 ? no more updates. Would love to know more
Old 1st July 2014, 14:43   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
BUMP

Hey Zkalra,

How is the rs5 ? no more updates. Would love to know more
As far as I remember he had written somewhere that he sold it and bought a R8, that was 2 years back I guess.
Old 23rd July 2014, 16:36   #119
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
As far as I remember he had written somewhere that he sold it and bought a R8, that was 2 years back I guess.
ZKalra uses a lovely Jaguar XK-RS currently AFAIK. Not sure if he has an Audi R8 too.
Old 29th July 2014, 02:47   #120
BHPian

Is that the blue XKR parked at cyberhub ? It's a beaut brute )

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks