Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2012, 05:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: My new set of 5 wheels: Maruti Swift ZDI - 20,000 kms update

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast_within View Post
Nops, this is Shankar Nagar area. Now I work in Delhi and have transferred my car here. Shall catch-up if you happen to visit Delhi. BTW where do you usually put-up in Raipur.
Wow, isnt it a pain to buy a car in a different state and get it transferred immediately (paying registration cost twice), or you have just moved the car physically and not transferred registration. How painful is it running a outer state car in Delhi?

In Raipur, we have home in Tatibandh and Choubey Colony.
Old 4th March 2012, 08:30   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Wow, isnt it a pain to buy a car in a different state and get it transferred immediately (paying registration cost twice), or you have just moved the car physically and not transferred registration. How painful is it running a outer state car in Delhi?

In Raipur, we have home in Tatibandh and Choubey Colony.
Even I was considering buying directly from Delhi, but Maruti and Dealer informed that transfer of Dealer is not possible and I would need to re-book in Delhi, which meant reset of the waiting period.

For the time being, have just transferred the car physically and have been driving around for 2 weeks and none of the cops have bothered me. In Delhi you can frequently spot TN registered cars too. Also mine is Feb 2012 registered vehicle so I guess its managable for few months.But the chances of road rages are high if you happen to be using non NCR registered car.
Old 4th March 2012, 11:51   #18
BHPian

Congrats and happy miles Beast Within!!
Your new set of wheels looks great, I like the improved interiors. Do post your experiences from long drives.

May I suggest better steering cover (without offending you)?
Old 4th March 2012, 20:52   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new car. Grey is a very nice shade in the new swift and immediately differntiates itself from the earlier one. As others have suggested, please get a nice hand stitched leather wrap done for your steering, it will look awesome. Also, Im not a big fan of those bumper protectors and side strips. It really doesnt serve any purpose, especially in the swift.

Wishing you a very memorable ownership experience with your new car.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 11:29   #20
BHPian

Congrats "beast_within" for choosing a "beast". The grey looks great on the car but try to get it tinted it'll add to the effectiveness of the AC. Please get rid of the "shabby" steering cover. By the way how was your drive from Raipur to Delhi. You sure must have got to test the beast to its fullest.

Wish you many miles of trouble free ownership.
Old 5th March 2012, 12:17   #21
BHPian

Congrats on your new Swift.
I liked your alternatives list. That was funny.

I second sumeshmani. The steering cover is not well knit.

This new colour is very refreshing and nice. Just that the black strips on the doors, they spoil the looks. (just my view)

Wish you many happy miles on your Swift.

Last edited by BheemBoy : 5th March 2012 at 12:18. Reason: adding content
Old 5th March 2012, 12:25   #22
BHPian

Looks nice! After owning a Vxi for close to 5 yrs, the plastic quality looks much improved and premium.

At the risk of repetition, please TEAR away the current steering cover. Completely takes away the premium feel of the interior. Do spend around 2-2.5 k and get your steering manually hand-stitched with high quality leather. After all, that's the part of the car you are in touch with the most.
Old 5th March 2012, 13:02   #23
BHPian

Many congrats for the ZDi. The colour looks uncommon and goes well with the image of the car. I also agree with the others that the steering cover looks terribly out of shape and place. The bare naked steering wheel is much more classy.

I do not think the lack of Bluetooth capability in the ICE is a big deal. You can always use a simple ear mountable bluetooth device to serve your needs.

The OEM tyres as usual are always just about OK. MRFs are better than the JKs but if you can, you must upgrade. You always get the best exchange rate for new tyres.

I own a ZDi and have been through the long ordeal of waiting 5+ months for the car. Two months into the ownership, the wait does seem to be well justified.
Old 5th March 2012, 22:38   #24
BHPian

Hey Beast within, congratulations on the ZDi. I too had booked the same color before I cancelled it and got the Vista Refresh (sense prevailed). However my car was ready to be delivered by mid-December (not sky auto).

Well you sure are going to love the car. Engine's nice. BTW I am out of Civil Lines, however work keeps me busy in Hyderabad. PM me once you in Raipur.

So did you transfer your car to Delhi regn. How much did it cost?
Old 5th March 2012, 23:16   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
May I suggest better steering cover (without offending you)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
As others have suggested, please get a nice hand stitched leather wrap done for your steering, it will look awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
At the risk of repetition, please TEAR away the current steering cover. Completely takes away the premium feel of the interior. Do spend around 2-2.5 k and get your steering manually hand-stitched with high quality leather. After all, that's the part of the car you are in touch with the most.
Point taken mates. This was the best available option at the MGA shoppe at the dealership at the time of delivery. Do post the pics of any better looking options. Also I'm not in a mood to spend more than 1k on steering cover ( cosmetics) as I have already overshot my budget on buying this variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
By the way how was your drive from Raipur to Delhi. You sure must have got to test the beast to its fullest.
Got it transported through Agrawal Packers. I did not drive it to Delhi for the followng reasons:
  1. Lack of time/ leaves
  2. Did not want to take the fresh car off the showroom to 1300 kms+ drive on an unfamilier route without being properly run-in.
  3. Route was not that great to enjoy the drive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
I do not think the lack of Bluetooth capability in the ICE is a big deal. You can always use a simple ear mountable bluetooth device to serve your needs.

The OEM tyres as usual are always just about OK. MRFs are better than the JKs but if you can, you must upgrade. You always get the best exchange rate for new tyres.

I own a ZDi and have been through the long ordeal of waiting 5+ months for the car. Two months into the ownership, the wait does seem to be well justified.
Yes, lack of bluetooth is not a deal breaker but still the other cars in the segment and below do offer this.

Stock MRFs are just OK, but cannot upgrade due to lack of Vitamin M.

Yes, I guess the wait seems to be justified till 7 months and nothing more than the current price, its already overpriced.
From the time of booking till the delivery the price hike was more than 30k . Had it been hiked once more I would have cancelled the booking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Well you sure are going to love the car. Engine's nice. BTW I am out of Civil Lines, however work keeps me busy in Hyderabad. PM me once you in Raipur.

So did you transfer your car to Delhi regn. How much did it cost?
Yes its has an excellent engine and getting better day by day.
Haven't yet transfered to DL registration. Its still CG 04
Old 5th March 2012, 23:38   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Point taken mates....Also I'm not in a mood to spend more than 1k on steering cover ( cosmetics) as I have already overshot my budget on buying this variant.
IMO, it's NOT the design that's looking bad on the grip, it's the way it's fastened! They have used a lace to tighten the grip right? In this case, there are two ways to accomplish better results.

1. When you go to some aftermarket shop, ask those guys to remove and tie it well - am sure these guys can make it look much better the way they fasten the grip.

2. For 400/- odd bucks, you get steering grips with lace - buy it and get it tightened by the aftermarket shop guys.

IMO, you need NOT change the grip, rather a remove & re-fit job by someone knowledgeable will do the trick. You may need to tip the guy with a 20 or 30 bucks!
Old 6th March 2012, 08:24   #27
BHPian

Quote:

Point taken mates. This was the best available option at the MGA shoppe at the dealership at the time of delivery. Do post the pics of any better looking options. Also I'm not in a mood to spend more than 1k on steering cover ( cosmetics) as I have already overshot my budget on buying this variant.
A pic for reference.
See the perfection in joints. It may be out of your budget. You plan for that later.
Source http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ngalore-2.html
Attached Thumbnails
My new set of 5 wheels: Maruti Swift ZDI - 20,000 kms update-steering.jpg  

Old 6th March 2012, 08:35   #28
BHPian

One more for your inspiration! the steering was taken out and the airbag wasn't affected.

I suggest you spend on the best quality leather possible for the steering cover. Worth it completely.
Attached Thumbnails
My new set of 5 wheels: Maruti Swift ZDI - 20,000 kms update-img519.jpg  

Old 12th March 2012, 23:22   #29
BHPian

Was unpleasantly surprised to see my less than 2 month old car in this state late evening at my client's office parking. The car was parked at Lok Nayak Bhawan, Khan Market New Delhi. No damage to the bumper at all , still wondering how did this happen.

My new set of 5 wheels: Maruti Swift ZDI - 20,000 kms update-1.jpg
My new set of 5 wheels: Maruti Swift ZDI - 20,000 kms update-2.jpg
My new set of 5 wheels: Maruti Swift ZDI - 20,000 kms update-3.jpg
Paint is not damaged apart from few horizontal swirl marks. Shall take it to MSM Nariana tomorrow or day after. Any idea how much will it cost to set it right and what percentage shall be covered under insurance.
Old 13th March 2012, 06:45   #30
BHPian

Congratulations and welcome to the Swift Owners club Quick things that you need to do urgently are getting a paint protection done as the car is prone to scratches. Also, please use normal diesel on the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks