Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2012, 13:02   #16
BHPian

Re: The diesel Caaaaar - My Nissan Sunny XL

Congrats on the Caaaar !
Nissan has got a very good vehicle in the Sunny and the Bronze Gray looks really good. Off late, the Sunny is already out-selling the Vento. As in Bangalore, is there only 1 Nissan dealer in Chennai ? Think it's time for them to ramp up their dealers/service centers if they want to keep the momentum going.
Old 3rd April 2012, 10:12   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andromeda View Post
is there only 1 Nissan dealer in Chennai ? Think it's time for them to ramp up their dealers/service centers if they want to keep the momentum going.
Thanks.
Well I got the car form Madurai.
The waiting period was just 3 weeks there compared to the waiting period of 3 months in Chennai, so I opted the lesser.
The Nissan is doing a good job of getting the dealership to tie their loose ends.
When I wrote a mail to Nissan about problems with the dealer I got swift reply and multiple calls the very next day.
Old 3rd April 2012, 10:49   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andromeda View Post
. As in Bangalore, is there only 1 Nissan dealer in Chennai ? Think it's time for them to ramp up their dealers/service centers if they want to keep the momentum going.
There are two in Chennai. Sherif Nissan and Jubilant Nissan.
Old 3rd April 2012, 14:08   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Thanks.
The waiting period was just 3 weeks there compared to the waiting period of 3 months in Chennai, so I opted the lesser.
The Nissan is doing a good job of getting the dealership to tie their loose ends.
When I wrote a mail to Nissan about problems with the dealer I got swift reply and multiple calls the very next day.
Hey there,
Congrats on the Caaar.... If I recollect, this is the 2nd ownership thread on TBHP (mine was the first)... Agree with all the points that you mentioned... It is a great car which pampers you with space.... For music, I use the Aux-in cable and play music from my phone...

Did you face any distortion in quality when you play using the USB - FM converter that you mentioned? I have used the same on my Corolla in the Middle East and felt the quality deteriorating considerably.

The biggest grievance, if you can call it one, is the brakes which are not class leading...

On the service / check up, which dealer in Chennai did u call? I bought mine from Jain Jubilant and am extremely pleased with their handling of the purchase. I had a miserable time with Sherif Nissan and was forced to cancel the booking. I presently reside in Bangalore and had no issues in getting the 1000 km check up from Shahwar Nissan.. They picked the car from office and dropped it back. In future, for any repairs / issues, I would suggest you go to Jubilant Nissan - can pass on contacts of their service personnel should you wish.

I think there are free labor services at 10000 and 20000 kms, if I remember right. Do check the warranty / service booklet for the same.

What's the mileage you are getting - mine consistently gives 16-17+ on bumper to bumper city traffic in Blr and 21+ on highways with AC on all the time.

And do you have any issues with ground clearances - mine kissed a couple of crudely made humps on highways but no issues in the city.
Old 3rd April 2012, 14:17   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.
Hi Visaster,

I also wrote to Nissan @ the email address provided in the Nissan.in site. However I have not received any response so far though it is 3/4 days now. Could you please tell me the e-mail address to which you wrote ?

Cheers
DD
Old 3rd April 2012, 14:55   #21
BHPian

Visaster, congratulations on getting the Caaar. It's a great family sedan probably even beats the Manza. The choice of color suits the car too. Wish you many many miles of troublefree ownership.

Quote:
Its slows down at steep curves and slowly picks up.

Is the turbo lag so very noticeable?

Tires made a lot of noise and bad roads added to the problem.

Try moving to softer compound tyres. Michelin XM1+ or Yoko S-Drive.

The car I should say is a dust magnet, you just can't dust it off, you need a wet cloth to wipe it off

Get yourself a Jopasu Duster. It'll save a lot of your effort.

No service is free.

Do you mean you need to pay labor too? What the standard warranty offered?
Old 4th April 2012, 21:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

Excellent choice for your new car. The Sunny will serve you well for years to come.

Any reason why you did not consider the Fiat Linea? Does not sound like it was the cost as you took a look at the Hyundai Verna too.
Old 5th April 2012, 10:10   #23
BHPian

Nice review! Congrats on the caaar!

When i first looked at the car, i didnt like the looks but now as i see more & more on the road, it sort of grows on you and i am liking it now.

I am glad that they are doing well! Someone in Nissan seems to know the pulse of the Indian customer and has given us the caaar with acres of space which is the killer USP for us.

Cheers mate! Have a fun filled and awesome time ahead!
Old 5th April 2012, 13:12   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
Hey there,
Congrats on the Caaar.... If I recollect, this is the 2nd ownership thread on TBHP (mine was the first)... Agree with all the points that you mentioned... It is a great car which pampers you with space.... For music, I use the Aux-in cable and play music from my phone...

Did you face any distortion in quality when you play using the USB - FM converter that you mentioned? I have used the same on my Corolla in the Middle East and felt the quality deteriorating considerably.

The biggest grievance, if you can call it one, is the brakes which are not class leading...

On the service / check up, which dealer in Chennai did u call? I bought mine from Jain Jubilant and am extremely pleased with their handling of the purchase. I had a miserable time with Sherif Nissan and was forced to cancel the booking. I presently reside in Bangalore and had no issues in getting the 1000 km check up from Shahwar Nissan.. They picked the car from office and dropped it back. In future, for any repairs / issues, I would suggest you go to Jubilant Nissan - can pass on contacts of their service personnel should you wish.

I think there are free labor services at 10000 and 20000 kms, if I remember right. Do check the warranty / service booklet for the same.

What's the mileage you are getting - mine consistently gives 16-17+ on bumper to bumper city traffic in Blr and 21+ on highways with AC on all the time.

And do you have any issues with ground clearances - mine kissed a couple of crudely made humps on highways but no issues in the city.
Hi aroonanandh thanks a lot. Congrats on yours too.
I hate to step into any other car of my peers as I feel cramped in 'em. Sunny has spoilt me.

My USB-FM device works just fine, no distortion on the stock player on low to average volume.

I have not found any major issues with the brakes as I am yet to do higher speeds on the highway. I guess we will learn to handle the car and make up for the set back in the braking department.

the console keeps showing all ranges from 5-27 km/l. I suppose it has given a good 20 km/l on an average in the past. I believe we get lesser mileage in chennai as the A/C is more strained.

I have not had any issue with the ground clearance even with the boot completely loaded and 4 passenger. Guess I should watch out on higher humps. I don't want my car kissing anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
Hi Visaster,

I also wrote to Nissan @ the email address provided in the Nissan.in site. However I have not received any response so far though it is 3/4 days now. Could you please tell me the e-mail address to which you wrote ?

Cheers
DD
Well I used the same on the website. Even the toll-free number works perfect and they resolved couple of issues before the buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Visaster, congratulations on getting the Caaar. It's a great family sedan probably even beats the Manza. The choice of color suits the car too. Wish you many many miles of troublefree ownership.
Thanks a lot arup.misra
It sure does beat Manza in all departments according to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Excellent choice for your new car. The Sunny will serve you well for years to come.

Any reason why you did not consider the Fiat Linea? Does not sound like it was the cost as you took a look at the Hyundai Verna too.
Thanks Sandeepmohan, it sure will.
Never liked fiat linea. Heard the pick up is bad and the value of the car is not good.
So never even considered it for TD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Nice review! Congrats on the caaar!

When i first looked at the car, i didnt like the looks but now as i see more & more on the road, it sort of grows on you and i am liking it now.

I am glad that they are doing well! Someone in Nissan seems to know the pulse of the Indian customer and has given us the caaar with acres of space which is the killer USP for us.

Cheers mate! Have a fun filled and awesome time ahead!
Thanks urajkumar
It was the same feeling. I never even gave head to the car or their ads until the diesel was launched and the day I saw it up close for the TD, I was sold.
I want their sales to gradually increase so they are at no time chocked.
Visaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2012, 13:50   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Never liked fiat linea. Heard the pick up is bad and the value of the car is not good.So never even considered it for TD.
Wish you had given it a shot. Yes, it may not be anywhere as powerful as your Nissan but at the same time does not really suffer when you are out on the road. It drives well.

In my opinion it is more value than anything in the segment. Not in resale though.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 5th April 2012 at 13:52.
Old 5th April 2012, 14:06   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Wish you had given it a shot.It drives well.
In my opinion it is more value than anything in the segment. Not in resale though.
If you say so strongly then may be I missed it.
But it did not fit into my realistic needs.
I wanted something new.
And which appealed to me.
Yes everyone told me about its resale value. Though I was not planning on how to sell the car before even I bought it, that is what meant lesser value to me for what they offered.
Old 5th April 2012, 14:44   #27
BHPian

Quote:
If you say so strongly then may be I missed it.
But it did not fit into my realistic needs.
I wanted something new.
And which appealed to me.
Yes everyone told me about its resale value. Though I was not planning on how to sell the car before even I bought it, that is what meant lesser value to me for what they offered.
My 2 cents,

I test drove the 2011 Petrol Linea and the car seemed extremely underpowered.. Am told the diesel and TJet are far better.. But the 2011 Linea Diesel had a GC of ~only 160-163mm which I felt was way too low for Indian roads. The 2012 edition has a GC.

Compared to Sunny, Linea feels sturdier.. But then, you have to contend with the notorious A.S.S of Tata network which was another dampener in the deal for me. and FE is way below what Sunny offers.....
Old 5th April 2012, 16:31   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Wish you had given it a shot. Yes, it may not be anywhere as powerful as your Nissan but at the same time does not really suffer when you are out on the road. It drives well.

@sandeepmohan

I did consider Linea before I decided on Sunny. In fact I had a high speed TD on Nice road. Yes the Linea is sturdy and it gives a character. But power is something one will surely miss. I did not find the seating and clutch lever ergonomic. In fact in half an hour of TD I felt pain in the left knee. Yes there are few features extra like blue and me, GC is more, fancy stuffs like rain sensing wipers etc...but as a package Sunny is way better than Linea - Thats in my opinion. And price is also more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
My 2 cents,

I test drove the 2011 Petrol Linea and the car seemed extremely underpowered.. Am told the diesel and TJet are far better.. But the 2011 Linea Diesel had a GC of ~only 160-163mm which I felt was way too low for Indian roads. The 2012 edition has a GC.

Compared to Sunny, Linea feels sturdier.. But then, you have to contend with the notorious A.S.S of Tata network which was another dampener in the deal for me. and FE is way below what Sunny offers.....
@aroonanand

The FE of Linea is not so pathetic. Few of my friends are getting 17 consistently in city.
Old 5th April 2012, 22:53   #29
BHPian

congrats on your buy.
this car is on my shortlist so will be glued to your thread for sometime. this car really ticks all the boxes for me except the (forgive me) horrendous looking dashboard?(strictly my personal opinion) . might sound trivial to some but as i am going to spend more time inside than outside, the styling does matter. that doesn't rule out this car for me though.
one question for you. i am 6'3" and my family is also on the taller side. will 2 six footers sitting behind each other face a problem with the sloping roofline? in other words, headroom?
Old 6th April 2012, 10:21   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
congrats on your buy.
this car is on my shortlist so will be glued to your thread for sometime. this car really ticks all the boxes for me except the (forgive me) horrendous looking dashboard?(strictly my personal opinion) . might sound trivial to some but as i am going to spend more time inside than outside, the styling does matter. that doesn't rule out this car for me though.
one question for you. i am 6'3" and my family is also on the taller side. will 2 six footers sitting behind each other face a problem with the sloping roofline? in other words, headroom?
If you read my review the dash was one of the sore spots in the car for me too. But then you got to give some to get some. There is never a perfect car.
In fact after I have bought the car I have come to like and live with it. At nights the lighting on the dash looks really good.
If you add an double din DVD player with LCD screen you might solve the problem a little bit.

Your whole family will fell at home in this car. I don't think you need to even think again about any other car for the space this car offers.
I am 6 foot and the roof is not even close when I sit at the back.
As I wrote when a passenger tried to get into the car in a hurry hit her head on the sloping roof. So only thing is you got to open the door completely and get in.
Visaster is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks