Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2012, 12:09   #166
BHPian

Re: I am in LUV literally - My Maruti Ertiga ZXI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
LUV has been such a delight ... and engine response is added bonus.
You're right Ajay. I have been driving mine for two months and your observations are the same as mine. What is amazing is that even in the most crowded places, it hardly feels like a large vehicle. And the AC is amazing! After 3000 km FE in mixed highway and city driving is consistent 15-15.5 kmpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota_fan_boy View Post
We are going ahead with Ertiga Zxi.
You've done the right thing. Ajay's thread was very helpful to me too.
rajesh2812 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2012, 23:03   #167
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ajay, more than 2.5 months now since the last post on this thread. Hope you are enjoying your LUV & not finding time to post messages here. Please do not do such injustice with us. Let us too be a part of your joy. I went through all the 12 pages of this thread in one day (Christmas holiday made that possible). I enjoyed reading every bit of your thread. Recently I took a TD of the ZXi in our office campus, when a local Maruti dealer had set up a one day shop over there. I could relate to each & every point mentioned by you over here. I was completely bowled over by the super refined engine & the silky smooth gear shift, not to mention the space utilization. I think with the Ertiga, MSIL has hit a very sweet spot for Indian families with 4-5 adults & 2-3 kids. Currently there is no other option available in the market, which can be used for daily office commutes & weekend getaways for bigger families.

I am totally hooked to your thread. Please share with us the latest updates about the car & your recent trips in the Ertiga.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 10:55   #168
BHPian

Quote:
It can be removed and re installed easily by using an Allen key size H5. You have to loosen the four mounting brackets and lift up. (However I have not tried it yet myself.).
Ajay, Other BHP-ians looking for a concealed luggage carrier probably mounted on Roof rails! posting a pic!

I am in LUV literally - My Maruti Ertiga ZXI-ertiga_carrier.jpg

this pic is of an Ertiga in Coimbatore but the owner hasnt been very forthcoming with details! Please assist as I really don't want to compromise on the overall looks while installing luggage capacity!

Cheers!
parassoni is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 21:54   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parassoni View Post
Ajay, Other BHP-ians looking for a concealed luggage carrier probably mounted on Roof rails! posting a pic!

Attachment 1039637

this pic is of an Ertiga in Coimbatore but the owner hasnt been very forthcoming with details! Please assist as I really don't want to compromise on the overall looks while installing luggage capacity!

Cheers!
Thanks for sharing. However prima facie it appears tacky. It would have been better if Maruti comes up with roof rails as the roof itself seems to be tough enough to take light loads. The MGA roof carrier is quite easy to remove and re install. It merely requires unscrewing 4 Allen screws and lifting up.
ajay0612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2013, 15:53   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing. However prima facie it appears tacky. It would have been better if Maruti comes up with roof rails as the roof itself seems to be tough enough to take light loads. The MGA roof carrier is quite easy to remove and re install. It merely requires unscrewing 4 Allen screws and lifting up.
Thanks Ajay, I agree it looks a bit tacky and plasticky! the only thing that interested me was the way it concealed the Carrier without compromising on the Looks!

Would LUV for Maruti to come up with an MGA variant of something like this-SURE to be sturdier if its MGA. Also I'd mentioned this to the Delaers the Day I saw the Ertiga the First time-WHY NO ROOF RAILS??? THE WAGONR HAS IT TOO!

The Ertiga wud've looked better as well with the Roof rails! Wanted to ask which one of the MGA carriers you went for-There are 2, one for 7k & the other for 10-12kish(sleeker)!

Cheers!
parassoni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2013, 19:31   #171
BHPian

Quote:
which one of the MGA carriers you went for-There are 2, one for 7k & the other for 10-12kish(sleeker)!
It cost me 10K and has silver finish (aluminium frame). I guess 7K one (marked as 'economy' in catalog) has black finish (iron frame). It is better to go for 10K one (marked as 'premium').
ajay0612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2013, 20:03   #172
BHPian

Cool, Thats the one Me and my bro like too! That's the missing link, with the much wanted Luggage hauling capacity, the LUV will be the Perfect Family Vehicle we were so looking for!!
parassoni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2013, 11:39   #173
AGP
BHPian

This thread has helped me to book my dream car (Upgrade to my Zen, Sedan type feeling with SUV like Ground Clearance yet easy to driver, park with peace of mind from Maruti After Sales Service). I have booked White Ertiga VXI and would be getting 2013 make tomorrow.

I am very excited about it and would be installing CNG kit after 2 service. Within 2 service, I would come to know if there is any warantee related manufacturing defects, etc.

Would definitely post my initial review on this.

Thanks and regards,
Anil

Last edited by AGP : 28th January 2013 at 11:40. Reason: Was not accepting word '***' (After Sales Service) :)
AGP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2013, 14:49   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Cool, Thats the one Me and my bro like too! That's the missing link, with the much wanted Luggage hauling capacity, the LUV will be the Perfect Family Vehicle we were so looking for!!
I saw one Ertiga on the Mumbai Pune Express highway with Thule Box type luggage carrier. It was night and the car sped away quickly overtaking me, and since I was driving, could not get any pictures. But it looked good from the back side. You may give it a try.
SachinVD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 08:13   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP View Post
This thread has helped me to book my dream car (Upgrade to my Zen, Sedan type feeling with SUV like Ground Clearance yet easy to driver, park with peace of mind from Maruti After Sales Service). I have booked White Ertiga VXI and would be getting 2013 make tomorrow.
Congratulations Anil on booking the Ertiga . Have you booked the VXi with ABS? Why didn't you opt for ZXi? Also please share the price break-up.

Quote:
I am very excited about it and would be installing CNG kit after 2 service. Within 2 service, I would come to know if there is any warantee related manufacturing defects, etc.
I believe it is high time MSIL should come out with a company fitted CNG kit, so that we have peace of mind. The one which you are going to fit, is it company approved? If not then are you not risking the company warranty? How much the CNG kit installation is going to cost & will it consume whatever little space is available in the boot?

Quote:
Would definitely post my initial review on this. Thanks and regards,
Anil
Looking forward to your initial review & ownership thread. Do post a lot of pictures of your ride. All the best.
Old 29th January 2013, 10:22   #176
AGP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Congratulations Anil on booking the Ertiga . Have you booked the VXi with ABS? Why didn't you opt for ZXi? Also please share the price break-up.

I believe it is high time MSIL should come out with a company fitted CNG kit, so that we have peace of mind. The one which you are going to fit, is it company approved? If not then are you not risking the company warranty? How much the CNG kit installation is going to cost & will it consume whatever little space is available in the boot?

Looking forward to your initial review & ownership thread. Do post a lot of pictures of your ride. All the best.
Thanks AutoIndian, I have booked Ertiga VXI without ABS. I am sure most of you will not be convinced why I have opted for non ABS and Non-Airbag one. The real reason is the availability. I was indeed looking for a used petrol car initially, but I could not find the car in good condition and with good price as well and given the fact that new car will be with me for at least 10 years, I have opted for new car.

I have a planned trip to my hometown in Ahmedabad in February and I wanted to have my new car deliberately. When inquired with most of the dealer in Mumbai, they mentioned waiting period of 3 to 4 months. Some of them had ready availability of 2012 model that too without my color choice of white. Meanwhile this dealer Automotive in Nerul mentioned that they have Jan'13 model VXi available in white color and it is in transit and will be at their stockyard soon, they offered me price protection (which was increased by 8K post 20th Jan'13). Hence I opted for VXI.

Though I wanted to go for ZXI, due to Airbags and ABS but then I made up my mind that the probability of meeting in an accident is more when I cross the road or when I drive bike daily to my office then to occasional highway cruising. My on road cost is 7.66L for VXI and if I go for ZXI (with at least 2 months waiting for 2013 model), it would have costed my 8.39L with revised price. The difference of 73k is not less hence I opted for VXI.

Regarding CNG fitting, There is no kit that is approved by company i.e Maruti. CNG kits are approved by Mahanagar Gas Limited (MGL). There are lots of good and MGL approved brands are available for CNG kit like Lovato, Lendi Renzo, BRC, Tomasetto, Greeko, etc. These are all good kits. I previously installed Lovato open loop conventional kit in my Zen and I was very happy about it. Before booking Ertiga, I had inquired from my previous fitment centre, Eco Fuel Centre in Vikhroli and also from the top most fitter in Mumbai i.e Green Globe in Mulund. Both have mentioned that with available boot space in Ertiga they can fit the CNG cylidner (various sizes are available). Since it is a K series engine, I have to go for Sequential kit (price 50-55K with installation, 1 year warranty and RTO passing).

Regarding Warranty issue with Maruti, it is known that my warranty will get void if I go for CNG fitting. However, I will do that post my second service. By that time I will come to know if there is any manufacturing defects or not. Considering the mileage of Petrol Ertiga to be 12 kmpl (30% City, 70% Highway driving), per km cost comes to Rs. 6.17. Now with CNG the mileage would be 18 km per kg and per km cost will come down to Rs. 1.89. Hence a saving of approx. Rs 4/km. My average monthly running will be approx. 1600 km. Hence I would save min Rs. 6.5K per month (Rs. 78K per year). Hence even if my warranty will be void, I would be in a position to bear the cost from the savings of fuel.

You know what, I don't miss Airbags or ABS but rear wiper. Since my Zen LXI had rear wiper, I did not bother to pay attention to note that in Ertiga VXI/VDI, there is no rear wiper! Please suggest me if it is possible to install rear wiper? What is the cost for that?

Today afternoon I will have my hands on my dream car, will definitely post lots of pictures with experience.

Thanks,

Last edited by AGP : 29th January 2013 at 10:27. Reason: Correction in Spelling
AGP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 10:44   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP View Post
Meanwhile this dealer Automotive in Nerul mentioned that they have Jan'13 model VXi available in white color and it is in transit and will be at their stockyard soon, they offered me price protection (which was increased by 8K post 20th Jan'13). Hence I opted for VXI.
Thanks for that clarification. Yes everyone has his own reasons for opting a particular model & since the VXi suited you the most at that point in time, it would have been your obvious choice, appreciate you sharing the complete information.

Quote:
Regarding CNG fitting, There is no kit that is approved by company i.e Maruti. CNG kits are approved by Mahanagar Gas Limited (MGL). There are lots of good and MGL approved brands are available for CNG kit like Lovato, Lendi Renzo, BRC, Tomasetto, Greeko, etc. These are all good kits. I previously installed Lovato open loop conventional kit in my Zen and I was very happy about it. Before booking Ertiga, I had inquired from my previous fitment centre, Eco Fuel Centre in Vikhroli and also from the top most fitter in Mumbai i.e Green Globe in Mulund. Both have mentioned that with available boot space in Ertiga they can fit the CNG cylidner (various sizes are available). Since it is a K series engine, I have to go for Sequential kit (price 50-55K with installation, 1 year warranty and RTO passing).
That is some good amount of information on CNG kits. Should be handy for all potential CNG converts.

Quote:
Regarding Warranty issue with Maruti, it is known that my warranty will get void if I go for CNG fitting. However, I will do that post my second service. By that time I will come to know if there is any manufacturing defects or not. Considering the mileage of Petrol Ertiga to be 12 kmpl (30% City, 70% Highway driving), per km cost comes to Rs. 6.17. Now with CNG the mileage would be 18 km per kg and per km cost will come down to Rs. 1.89. Hence a saving of approx. Rs 4/km. My average monthly running will be approx. 1600 km. Hence I would save min Rs. 6.5K per month (Rs. 78K per year). Hence even if my warranty will be void, I would be in a position to bear the cost from the savings of fuel.
Now I know your maths & why are you risking the company warranty. Running on CNG is really cheap & that too without much damage to the environment (unlike diesel). But then getting tankfull of CNG at the bunk is a real pain (at least here in Pune), there are long serpentine queues at the limited bunks at any time of the day/night. Hope the situation in Mumbai is not that bad & you don't have to wait that long in the queue.
Old 29th January 2013, 10:56   #178
AGP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Now I know your maths & why are you risking the company warranty. Running on CNG is really cheap & that too without much damage to the environment (unlike diesel). But then getting tankfull of CNG at the bunk is a real pain (at least here in Pune), there are long serpentine queues at the limited bunks at any time of the day/night. Hope the situation in Mumbai is not that bad & you don't have to wait that long in the queue.
Compared to Pune, Mumbai is better in terms of CNG availability and number of station. I have CNG station just opposite my residence (in fact I can see the queue as well). I used to regularly fill CNG gas either in the early morning around 8 am or late in the night around 10 pm. There is another CNG station 3 km away that is open for 24 hours. Also there are 3 CNG station within 500 meter distance from my office. Hence the availability would not be a problem. But just that I have to go once in 2.5 days to fill the gas along with the fear of running out of gas on petrol (once used to cost savings...) and constantly keeping eye on odometer.
Old 30th January 2013, 13:14   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SachinVD View Post
I saw one Ertiga on the Mumbai Pune Express highway with Thule Box type luggage carrier. It was night and the car sped away quickly overtaking me, and since I was driving, could not get any pictures. But it looked good from the back side. You may give it a try.
Sachin, I like the Thule Box but my bro thinks its too boxy!! In any case we need something that'll stay concealed like the one i posted or a sleek carrier that is removable when we're on our daily commutes to office as. I Really need a luggage carrier only for our longer Road trips that might happen 1-2X max a year!
Old 3rd February 2013, 11:36   #180
BHPian

Quote:
In any case we need something that'll stay concealed like the one i posted
I googled "rouf rails" and found the company is based in Coimbatore.
http://www.roufrails.com/
rajesh2812 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks