Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2012, 12:10   #91
BHPian

Re: I am in LUV literally - My Maruti Ertiga ZXI

Ajay Congrats on getting next blockbuster. Great to detailed pictorial representation. By the way is there no ACC in the top end variant? Surprised to see that being omitted

By the way why do you want seat covers. Is it for comfort or aesthetic purpose. If it is only for aesthetics, I would say enjoy the seats while they last and then get seat cover a year or two down the line(unless it is leather seats). The car will get a new look later on. Further if the seats are like Swift, they should be quite comfortable
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 13:43   #92
BHPian

My opinion is just for the diesel versions of this car.

A price of 8 lakhs on road for the base diesel version!!. you can get a xylo 2012 D2 for that price and all will agree that it is a value for money proposition.

Just to get a car which is easy to drive in the city without the spaciousness and comfort of a proper MUV, a cost of around 6.5 lakhs would have been more appropriate.

Final Words- With a on-road price of 8 lakhs & more Ertiga diesel ldi its not worth.

Last edited by noidea : 25th April 2012 at 13:45.
Old 25th April 2012, 14:01   #93
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidea View Post
A price of 8 lakhs on road for the base diesel version!!. you can get a xylo 2012 D2 for that price and all will agree that it is a value for money proposition.

Just to get a car which is easy to drive in the city without the spaciousness and comfort of a proper MUV, a cost of around 6.5 lakhs would have been more appropriate.

Final Words- With a on-road price of 8 lakhs & more Ertiga diesel ldi its not worth.
Other than space, what comfort Xylo offers? It's just a bull**** in terms of ride, IMO.
Old 25th April 2012, 14:10   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
By the way why do you want seat covers. Is it for comfort or aesthetic purpose. If it is only for aesthetics, I would say enjoy the seats while they last and then get seat cover a year or two down the line(unless it is leather seats). The car will get a new look later on. Further if the seats are like Swift, they should be quite comfortable
Just to make them waterproof. I expect my kids to expose them to spilling/ rubbing/ tearing :-). Anyway thanks for a different perspective.
Old 25th April 2012, 14:45   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
Just to make them waterproof. I expect my kids to expose them to spilling/ rubbing/ tearing :-). Anyway thanks for a different perspective.
You are welcome man. Since it is beige you will surely see the stains. But get the covers when you feel the stains are unbearable. That way you will have new look car 6 months or 1 year down the line.

Well Stains in way are memories of all those trips
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2012, 11:36   #96
BHPian

Great review and wonderful pics Ajay! I really liked the neatly hidden rear washer that is integrated with the brake lamp assembly. It's difficult to picture a vehicle which "feels" big...and yet looks so small, compared to the good old 800.

I really liked the way you have used a newspaper to show the rear boot space - the newspaper is something we all relate to very easily and showing the depth by placing a newspaper is very clever!

I am amazed on how it ticked all the right boxes you were looking for in your hunt ... I guess it would do the same for many Indians who wanted something like a MUV but also had to be light on the pocket and easy on the road. Great introduction by Maruti Suzuki - they know the Indian all too well!

BTW, Congratulations on your new LUV! Happy Driving!
vsathyap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2012, 11:51   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My opinion is just for the diesel versions of this car.

No offence, but 6.5 for a diesel Ertiga is not a realistic expectation, heck even finding a good diesel hatchback in that price range is tough.

Also, there are people who are comfortable with this pricing from Maruti, thats borne in the bookings for this model. IMHO, this is going to be a hit at the current price point.
Old 26th April 2012, 12:17   #98
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Ajay! Good review and beautiful pics, LUVed it!

Was waiting for official review for almost 3 weeks now and then your thread popped up.

Looks good in white. Your observations about similarities are bang on. It does look like Ritz from front, Jazz from 3 quarters and Innova from rear.

Maruti has been a miser in terms of giving space to the customer. So a welcome move from Maruti.

Would look forward to lots of travelogues and updates about your car! Enjoy your Ertiga!

Edit: Spotted the official review as well. Looks like its up since last 5 days.

Last edited by SDP : 26th April 2012 at 12:20.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2012, 12:40   #99
BHPian

Congrats Ajay. Your review beat the official TBHP review in terms of timing. Your LUV looks wonderful in white. The size comparison picture with the M800 is a classic one.

Climate control should have been standard in the ZDi/ZXi when the Swift and DZire both have it.

Have many safe and enjoyable miles in the Ertiga. Very soon, we will see a lot more on the roads.
fuel_addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2012, 14:46   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Edit: Spotted the official review as well. Looks like its up since last 5 days.
No. It was in the making offline since 22nd and became online only on 26th (See the second post by GTO in the official review). So you were not too late in spotting it :-).
ajay0612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2012, 14:51   #101
BHPian

All the best with the new Ertiga !!! Do keep your post updated on your experience

Cheers
sahakar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2012, 18:18   #102
BHPian

Nice review , interesting facts and photos. Nice purchase. Why petrol? I thought most people who go for UVs use them lots.
Wish you many happy motoring kilometres. Please update the long-term ownership thread with more details. I bought a Ritz last year and looking at this long term.
What's the mileage with the petrol? I think the answers to that will help many, many
buyers decide.
Again, have fun with your ertiga!
rpmx1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2012, 08:54   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmx1000 View Post
Why petrol? I thought most people who go for UVs use them lots.
Petrol, because I don't need to use it as my daily commute and mostly it will be used for vacations/ home town vists, etc. UVs are mostly used as Taxis. They have diesel engine as the engine is known to have better luggability.

However one does not need to buy a UV if one uses the vehicle a lot. e.g. In Metros a daily commuter drives around 50-10Km/day justifies purchase of frugal Diesel hatchback/ sedan, not a UV.

Quote:
What's the mileage with the petrol? I think the answers to that will help many, many
buyers decide.
Mileage in the city (AC always ON, 4 Adults + 4 kids, stop-go traffic) has been 12.5-13Km/L. On mixed running, it might improve to 14-14.5Km/L on similar load.
Old 28th April 2012, 09:12   #104
BHPian

Quote:
I am not a fan of Maruti, but I think we should commend what Maruti has done with atleast introducing an LUV to market while other manufacturers did not.
Ofcourse there are flaws but Maruti will work on intial flaws and it will only get better. Seeing the number of initial bookings I am very sure this will be a success.
Old 28th April 2012, 12:15   #105
BHPian

Thanks for the comprehensive and well written review. Just curious, any evident blind spots inside the car. For example the C pillar looks thick and might be a slight hindrance. Congratulations on your purchase. She is a beauty.
kingofkings is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks