Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2015, 00:01   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSD View Post

I've been looking for a replacement of 525d, believe it or not, I can't find a decent enough car in the similar price range now. So, this brings me to the question, WHAT CAR ?

The 3litre engine i have been used to all this while isn't available anywhere below 70 Lacs. I think i should look at some used cars maybe, anyone have any suggestions of what i should go for?
My average usage comes to about 10k kms per year and tops two people in the car at most times. So, i don't see the point of buying huge sedans ans they are pointless as self driven cars. Any suggestions for what car shall i go for which has a decent engine but doesn't cost a bomb for no damn reason.

There is no sedan that can replace the explose 525D under 70 lakh rupees. A bmw can only be replaced by another bmw 😃. If open to any SUV options, the X3 30D M Sport is supposed to be coming out soon, do look into it. The E350 and A6 cant beat the bimmer in terms of drive feel atleast.
Old 28th March 2015, 09:44   #47
BHPian

Re: Joy is BMW; Greater JOY is a bigger BMW - F10 525d *EDIT: Now sold!*

As you mentioned you are solo most of the time, why not the Range Rover Evoque ? its just on 50L now. more over it rather can be a coupe than a 4 seater.
Old 28th March 2015, 13:40   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The 3litre engine i have been used to all this while isn't available anywhere below 70 Lacs. I think i should look at some used cars maybe, anyone have any suggestions of what i should go for?
My average usage comes to about 10k kms per year and tops two people in the car at most times. So, i don't see the point of buying huge sedans ans they are pointless as self driven cars. Any suggestions for what car shall i go for which has a decent engine but doesn't cost a bomb for no damn reason.
Heres a suggestion, look for a used 640D. There are many available in Delhi, and you can easily get one for under 70 lacs. It will have a beautiful engine, and be practical enough for daily use. It will also feel worth the 70 you will spend on it. What say?

Edit - Here are 2 examples -
http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...-2014-d638535/
http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...-2014-d614206/

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 28th March 2015 at 13:42.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2015, 16:55   #49
VSD
BHPian

Joy is BMW; Greater JOY is a bigger BMW - F10 525d *EDIT: Now sold!*

Karan you are absolutely right about the 525d, i feel that more so now when i test drove the 3.0 versions of mercedes and audi. I'm not looking at the X3, i already have the Q5 and I don't prefer suv's.

Toms_2191, RR Evoque I believe has the worst engine possible for someone who loves driving. It's underpowered from every possible angle. Plus I don't see myself downgrading from 6 cylinders to 4. Not Happening 😛

Akshay, i have to check the 640d, it's under consideration, have been looking for some clean peices. It's one car that will be the proper upgrade for 525d. Being a diesel car i can cover 50k kms in that too. Thanks for the links, will give them a call. 👍

Also, I'm looking at few RS5's too. Specially going through sahil's review, i feel that car fits the requirement perfect. I just need to find good used ones around. Do you think it will make sense to buy 2011 used RS5 for daily use, any pointers on the maintenance of the german sports car? I am worried it might post some issues which may end up costing me alot. I will drive it everyday and even take it to my work site in ajmer.

Last edited by VSD : 28th March 2015 at 16:59.
Old 30th March 2015, 08:51   #50
BHPian

If the budget can be upped slightly, why not something like a CLA 45 AMG? The practicality of a 4 cylinder with beastly power which beats most V6 engines. Compact to drive and looks dropdead gorgeous. No doubt it looks to similar to the regular CLA. Its too new to be found used, but if there are any, itll be a heck of a deal.
Old 30th March 2015, 09:27   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
have to check the 640d, it's under consideration, have been looking for some clean peices. It's one car that will be the proper upgrade for 525d. Being a diesel car i can cover 50k kms in that too.
Most of 6 series were sold in NCR and elsewhere in 2013 at highly discounted prices 65-75 Lac ex showroom depending on loadings - even the basic one were configured decently - I missed picking one for self at that time - you can haggle a bit with any such sellers ( these should be 2011 late CBU Imports )

I will suggest you to try the new 530-D - check specifically - Carbon Black with Oyster Interiors - this new one will definitely feel & drive differently from your earlier one - from my personal experience - having owned both the old & new one , It has much quieter engine and far better suspension as well few additional gizmos - Head Up display and Navigation . Nothing will come close to this car this side of 1 Cr as far as driving pleasure is concerned

Last edited by Turbanator : 30th March 2015 at 09:29.
Old 31st March 2015, 01:52   #52
VSD
BHPian

Joy is BMW; Greater JOY is a bigger BMW - F10 525d *EDIT: Now sold!*

Karan CLA45 AMG, looks the part and drives even better. Somehow, can't make up my mind about it as it costs close to 80Lacs. Infact I'll be checking out another (used) AMG in that price. Plan to purchase the car this week. Let's see how it goes.

Turbanator, the 530d is really the best car in it's segment today but I think I'm done with bmw until they fix their pricing and attitude towards customers. They don't respond back to queries neither do they ever arrange for a test vehicle. I'm still waiting for the new X5 test since 3 months now. I did check the used 640d but the owners just don't want to budge from asking price of 60+ which is just not worth for 2011 models done 30-35k.

Anyways, if experts here who have some know how about AMG's, how reliable are the 2011 cars if they were to be bought today. I haven't owned any mercedes yet, so I'm not too sure about the maintenance and all.

Also, I'm planning to go see the new mini cooper S. I've driven the old rwd model and it drove brilliantly but will need to test the 2015 car as it's supposedly all new and improved. I have my doubts about the new fwd version, it might not be that great. Will let you know tomorrow.

I'm too damn confused to be buying a car right now. Buying used makes sense but buying new gives more confidenc. A good drivers car comes in all shapes and prices, difficult to pick one and leave another. 😔

Last edited by VSD : 31st March 2015 at 01:54.
Old 31st March 2015, 19:27   #53
BHPian

I think amongst all the Germans, we are forgetting something worth considering.
Just have a look at the Jaguar XF in its 5.0 Supercharged V8 form if its available. I am not sure as the jag website doesn't mention it but others like Carwale do.

Additionally, if you are interested in pre owned models, look at some of the XJ-L 5.0's that are available online. You can get a decent one at under 50 lakh inn good condition.
Old 31st March 2015, 21:40   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I think I'm done with bmw until they fix their pricing and attitude towards customers. They don't respond back to queries neither do they ever arrange for a test vehicle. I'm still waiting for the new X5 test since 3 months now.
I understand your concerns- having dealt with Deutsche Faridabad guy once - they are so arrogant , dealerships can make or break customers , plan a trip to Chandigarh and you will have your opinion changed or try Bird Gurgaon - they are relatively better . I am sure your 525 would have been niggle free - have a test drive of new 530 before deciding anything else
Old 31st March 2015, 22:34   #55
VSD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakhar1998 View Post
Just have a look at the Jaguar XF in its 5.0 Supercharged V8 form if its available. I am not sure as the jag website doesn't mention it but others like Carwale do.
Additionally, if you are interested in pre owned models, look at some of the XJ-L 5.0's that are available online. You can get a decent one at under 50 lakh inn good condition.
I have only heard bad things about the jaguar cars till date. Be it XJ,XK or XF 5.0 motor. There are a few V8's available for sale at around 45L. I don't think i'll be willing to take the risk with jaguars until they are setup properly in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I understand your concerns- having dealt with Deutsche Faridabad guy once - they are so arrogant , dealerships can make or break customers , plan a trip to Chandigarh and you will have your opinion changed or try Bird Gurgaon - they are relatively better . I am sure your 525 would have been niggle free - have a test drive of new 530 before deciding anything else
Deutsche Faridabad guys are just useless and the Delhi people are also moving towards the same league as them.
If you insist that much, I think I'll go try the 530d just to see how good it really has become because you seem to be in love with it.

While checking out the CLA45, I came across an E63 AMG being offered at a mouth watering price and has covered 4500kms. It's the showrooms demo car from last year. They say it's just a demo car, but i'm afraid it may have been the test car or maybe used at the track too. The brakes seemed rusty though that could be the case as it's been parked in the showrooms for a while now.
The car is neat though, has few minor scratches here and there, which are easily fixable. Shall i go for it or I should stay away? I have no idea about AMG vehicles, plus if i buy this car, I will keep it for a while and it will be driven too (not just parked for weekends).
Old 31st March 2015, 23:01   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I came across an E63 AMG being offered at a mouth watering price and has covered 4500kms. It's the showrooms demo car from last year
I am not aware of Mercedes policy in India but AMG cars for Demo ? Maybe someone who has being customer of Mercedes can comment .

Regarding new 530-D , you will indeed need to drive before you agree with me Despite sharing same engine with 730 - this one behaves totally differently .

You can also check the new CLS250 they launched today in case it fits your budget

http://indianexpress.com/article/aut...ched-in-india/

Last edited by Turbanator : 31st March 2015 at 23:02.
Old 1st April 2015, 02:10   #57
BHPian

I think a used M3/M5 might be a good buy for you. Coming from the 525d there are hardly any diesel vehicles that may excite you. These humongous petrols are in a different league all together and should put a smile on your face.
Old 1st April 2015, 08:18   #58
BHPian

What is the warranty term available on the AMG since its a last year car? Get a mechanic who works on high end and super cars to have a look at it. Nothing beats the judgment of a mechanic. 4500 in a year for a demo car is quite a lot, has probably been taken around the tracks, possibly for AMG racing academy.
Old 1st April 2015, 08:33   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
K
Also, I'm planning to go see the new mini cooper S. I've driven the old rwd model and it drove brilliantly but will need to test the 2015 car as it's supposedly all new and improved. I have my doubts about the new fwd version, it might not be that great. Will let you know tomorrow.

😔
Mini Coopers have always been front wheel drive

Quote:

You can also check the new CLS250 they launched today in case it fits your budget

http://indianexpress.com/article/aut...ched-in-india/
Its stunning looks are let down with an engine although reliable, it will be underwhelming after a BMW 530d

The E400 Cabrio might be worth a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
What is the warranty term available on the AMG since its a last year car? Get a mechanic who works on high end and super cars to have a look at it. Nothing beats the judgment of a mechanic. 4500 in a year for a demo car is quite a lot, has probably been taken around the tracks, possibly for AMG racing academy.
Check the tyre wear. If the left hand side is wear is more than the right, it might have been used on track. Again, if the tyres are brand new, it is could be possible.

Being a dealer car, I doubt they will let it go on track, too much risk. AMG have enough cars for the track. Quite possible, the car was sused for the dealers personal use as well as being a demo

Last edited by ajmat : 1st April 2015 at 08:39.
Old 1st April 2015, 09:16   #60
VSD
BHPian

Quote:

That car has similar engine as the usual 2.0litre mercedes vehicles. Not worth 90Lacs i feel. I saw the car yesterday and it doesn't even feel close to the normal E-class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
I think a used M3/M5 might be a good buy for you. Coming from the 525d there are hardly any diesel vehicles that may excite you. These humongous petrols are in a different league all together and should put a smile on your face.

Used M3's are in the range of 45-46Lac and have now been 6yrs old. They will paste a smile on my face, specifically with that hugh revving V8 but at the same time will give me pain when it demands various parts to be replaced. No M5's available in delhi that i have come across or i would've been writing a review right now instead of searching for cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post

Yes, the car is under warranty as the person told me they are giving 3 years standard warranty on AMG's. Only trouble is that brakes and other consumables which do get misused and need replacements immediately if the car has been used on track or mis handled during test drives.
Only thing attracting me towards the car is the proper V8 under the bonnet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Check the tyre wear. If the left hand side is wear is more than the right, it might have been used on track. Again, if the tyres are brand new, it is could be possible.

Being a dealer car, I doubt they will let it go on track, too much risk. AMG have enough cars for the track. Quite possible, the car was sused for the dealers personal use as well as being a demo

I will give another look to the tyres, they looked fine when i saw them but haven't compared left and right side. The rear brakes did seem to be fading really fast and at 4500kms they are almost completely gone, which is what leads me to think it's been on the track. Also, in our forum the E63 launch thread, all the vehicles are white just like the one being offered to me. I'll give another look at the car and will be meeting the owner of the dealership to get further clarifications.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks