Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2015, 13:29   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Joy is BMW; Greater JOY is a bigger BMW - F10 525d *EDIT: Now sold!*

Congratulations!! I wish you had found a well maintained RS5 to join the club however I think you made a wise choice here. The peace of mind of a new car is something else. Infact, when I was smitten by the RS5 I too looked at used options and had a friend selling a good one however I just couldn't get myself to go used and instead stretched to get a new car. Can't take away from that new car smell
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 14:23   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Whoa! You really trade up, dontcha!!

CLA45 is a great choice- wondering now how it never came up in the options discussed here. Wishing you many happy miles and do start a full-fledged ownership review!

Do let me know if you want this thread closed now- thanks!

Edit: oops...my bad! CLA45 *was* discussed- somehow I missed the discussion beyond the 640d.

Last edited by noopster : 9th April 2015 at 14:25.
Old 10th April 2015, 10:10   #78
BHPian

AMG ! ! ! This is what came out of my mouth after I saw this beauty😃! Thumbs Up! Congratulations to you on getting this hell of a car! Just can't get my eyes off the photos! Wish you a trouble free and happy ownership!

You are gonna have a hell lot of fun with this beast on that wonderful Jaipur- Ajmer Expressway!

I had been following your thread closely and was amazed when you finally got a rocket you were looking for. Just one question, what happened with the Manual Cayman you came across?

P.S- More photos please 😀
Old 17th July 2016, 15:38   #79

Dear All,

I recently bought a Used F10 6 cyl 525D. I had a 320D for a long time. I read this entire thread, very well written and followed up.

My question though - Did you buy the Racechip kit - I was considering ordering the entire kit - viz - Racechip Response Control for 199EUR, The RaceChip Ultimate for 549EUR together with the app.

Please advice what has been the results of the same. I feel this car to be a behemoth compared to my peppy 320D which I had. I really feel I need the kit also for the fuel efficiency as I'am getting about 7kmpl in the city (with some really bad traffic)

Rgds
Mohan
Old 17th July 2016, 16:21   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cache View Post
Dear All,

I recently bought a Used F10 6 cyl 525D. I had a 320D for a long time. I read this entire thread, very well written and followed up.

My question though - Did you buy the Racechip kit - I was considering ordering the entire kit - viz - Racechip Response Control for 199EUR, The RaceChip Ultimate for 549EUR together with the app.

Please advice what has been the results of the same. I feel this car to be a behemoth compared to my peppy 320D which I had. I really feel I need the kit also for the fuel efficiency as I'am getting about 7kmpl in the city (with some really bad traffic)

Rgds
Mohan
If I may

Don't expect much higher fuel efficiency with any tuning kit. Maybe marginal at most.

Also I don't recommend Racechip, simply for the reason that they use the same chip for all the cars, but with different connectors. I feel that having the same map for all cars just cannot be good, each engine is running at different levels and to adjust them by a fixed percentage may or may not work.

I'd say look for a chip which has a map specifically made for your engine.
Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2016, 16:47   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
If I may

Don't expect much higher fuel efficiency with any tuning kit. Maybe marginal at most.

Also I don't recommend Racechip, simply for the reason that they use the same chip for all the cars, but with different connectors. I feel that having the same map for all cars just cannot be good, each engine is running at different levels and to adjust them by a fixed percentage may or may not work.

I'd say look for a chip which has a map specifically made for your engine.
Hey Akshay, I have been following quite a lot of posts which you make and I really appreciate your knowledge which you share with us all.
Just one question. Are you sure that RaceChip uses the same chip for all their cars just the connectors are different?
I mean the physical body of the chip will be the same for sure, but won't the inside programming be according to the car and the engine it is meant for?

Luv.
Old 25th July 2016, 00:58   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_Jaiswal View Post
Hey Akshay, I have been following quite a lot of posts which you make and I really appreciate your knowledge which you share with us all.
Just one question. Are you sure that RaceChip uses the same chip for all their cars just the connectors are different?
I mean the physical body of the chip will be the same for sure, but won't the inside programming be according to the car and the engine it is meant for?

Luv.
Hey,

So earlier I remember reading in their FAQ, that when you changed a car you could use the same box and just order new connectors.

But now after you asked I went back and read, and they now say they program the box as per the engine. So maybe they've changed. But even with the newer boxes I've seen 2 cars have their injectors fail. And that too with sensible drivers. I wouldn't touch Racechip.
Old 25th July 2016, 11:19   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Hey,

So earlier I remember reading in their FAQ, that when you changed a car you could use the same box and just order new connectors.

But now after you asked I went back and read, and they now say they program the box as per the engine. So maybe they've changed. But even with the newer boxes I've seen 2 cars have their injectors fail. And that too with sensible drivers. I wouldn't touch Racechip.
About the reprogramming, yes exactly. Usually it is this that you can send your box back to them and they will reprogram it for a car of your choice and send it back.

And about the 2 cars which you have seen their injectors fail. Which cars are these? I'd really like to know as much as possible because I have only seen positive instances of the RaceChip.

I'd value your input.

Luv.

Last edited by Luv_Jaiswal : 25th July 2016 at 11:23. Reason: Grammatical errors.
Old 25th July 2016, 11:51   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_Jaiswal View Post
About the reprogramming, yes exactly. Usually it is this that you can send your box back to them and they will reprogram it for a car of your choice and send it back.

And about the 2 cars which you have seen their injectors fail. Which cars are these? I'd really like to know as much as possible because I have only seen positive instances of the RaceChip.

I'd value your input.

Luv.
Apart from that, they also quote unreasonably high numbers which I am sure they do not achieve. Also their boxes come out within days of a new car being launched, unlike the other brands to take a few weeks if not a few months. So I don't know how much development and tuning actually goes in to their boxes.

I've seen the injectors fail on an F30 3 series, and on a W204 C class.

You will feel a power bump no doubt, and most people really think its great, but that's only because they haven't tried any of the better boxes on the market. Brands like DTUK, Steinbauer or even our own Racedynamics dual channel boxes are far better than Racechip.
Old 25th July 2016, 12:41   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSD View Post

Also, I'm planning to go see the new mini cooper S. I've driven the old rwd model and it drove brilliantly but will need to test the 2015 car as it's supposedly all new and improved. I have my doubts about the new fwd version, it might not be that great.
in it's 70 year history there was never a RWD Mini, you may be referring to the AWD.
Old 25th July 2016, 15:07   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Apart from that, they also quote unreasonably high numbers which I am sure they do not achieve. Also their boxes come out within days of a new car being launched, unlike the other brands to take a few weeks if not a few months. So I don't know how much development and tuning actually goes in to their boxes.

I've seen the injectors fail on an F30 3 series, and on a W204 C class.

You will feel a power bump no doubt, and most people really think its great, but that's only because they haven't tried any of the better boxes on the market. Brands like DTUK, Steinbauer or even our own Racedynamics dual channel boxes are far better than Racechip.
Yes, the numbers they quote are high and most won't believe them, I know, but it really must be backed with some things that give results.
They are fast with getting new boxes to the market as soon as new cars are out but I guess they have that strong a team which manages to churn out boxes so fast.

If injectors have failed in cars as new and solid as the F30 3 series and the W204 C-Class, I agree, it might be something to worry about.

I don't know about the rest but Racedynamics has never given me that peace of mind. Call it their brand presence or their website and support. I guess I shall have a look at DTUK and Steinbauer then.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks