Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2012, 20:21   #31
BHPian

Re: Living My Pride : Honda City VMT (Golden Angel)

The parking space for my GA in the shade ahd been vacted by my Alto, which was moved in the open, behind my GA (notice it in the Pics of my ORVM). Every day, as I drove off in my GA, I felt as if my trusted Alto was begging me to take her out, let her feel the breeze, taste the asphalt. I relented a few times, but as is the rule of the (concrete) wilderness, the old must make way for the new. It took me a lot of time to contemplate whether to hold on to my good ol' mate, or to let her to go off to follow her dreams somewhere else.
With no-one else to drive in my family here, the dedcision was made. An ad in quikrr made the decision fast and, I admit I shed a tear when the vehicle rolled out of my hands the last time. without haggling, the price was 1.5L.

Goodbye, old friend. So long! Take good care of your new master, like you helped me rule the roads once.
00nuts001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2012, 15:50   #32
BHPian

Got the rear silver garnish from Honda replaced. Also the rear sensors are fixed again. The car is new again.
A question: does the horn sound change slightly as we keep it pressed (change in pitch)?. Minor variations observed every time.
Old 23rd July 2012, 17:49   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00nuts001 View Post
Got the rear silver garnish from Honda replaced. Also the rear sensors are fixed again. The car is new again.
A question: does the horn sound change slightly as we keep it pressed (change in pitch)?. Minor variations observed every time.
yes, it does. It only happens when you press it for longer time. I tried replacing horn and it still the same. Nothing to worry.
raghu230506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2012, 11:48   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Hello 00nuts001, The horn pitch changes when you keep the horn pad pressed for more than 3-4 seconds. Honda says it is for reducing noise pollution- remember Honda City is sold world wide and there are certain norms concerning noise pollution in some countries.

BTW have your got the cruise control reconnected? Also whats the mileage that you are getting on the GA?
KL01BE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2012, 13:48   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01BE

Hello 00nuts001, The horn pitch changes when you keep the horn pad pressed for more than 3-4 seconds. Honda says it is for reducing noise pollution- remember Honda City is sold world wide and there are certain norms concerning noise pollution in some countries.

BTW have your got the cruise control reconnected? Also whats the mileage that you are getting on the GA?
Hi KL01BE. Thats a little confusing for me. Its not the volume, but the pitch that changes. How would the pitch affect noise pollution?
Yes, cruise control is back online. I guess im quite close to mastering the art of using it on the city traffic as well.
I get around 12.5 - 13.5. I take around 35-40 mins to cover a 12 km stretch. You can understand the kind of traffic i face.
How about you? Whats your score?
Old 26th July 2012, 00:05   #36
BHPian

Today while driving to my office i stopped on a red light right when it turned red i.e. GA being the first on the start line. Suddenly noticed a GA twin right next to mine (same color) Then another City (C Red) was next to it.. And then another City (C Red) Sauntered in.! I dont know for sure, but i guess all the 4 owners must have felt like a lineup for a race especially for City :-) luckily all of us seemed not very eager to race ( office blues) and simply cruised away on green.
Got 3 new City in my colony. Honda's sure picking up. I wish we could have a City meet in Gurgaon sometime!
00nuts001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 13:54   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi KL01BE. Thats a little confusing for me. Its not the volume, but the pitch that changes. How would the pitch affect noise pollution?
Yes, cruise control is back online. I guess im quite close to mastering the art of using it on the city traffic as well.
I get around 12.5 - 13.5. I take around 35-40 mins to cover a 12 km stretch. You can understand the kind of traffic i face.
How about you? Whats your score?
The pitch definitely changes if you keep the horn pressed for more than 2 seconds. Something which Honda has done purposefully. It surely helps in making the pedestrian traffic hurry out of the way. (maybe it adds an "annoyed driver" vibe to the horn, who knows)

Cool to know that you can use Cruise Control in city traffic as well. Must be helpful on those long stretches with minimum/no traffic signals. More details, please, my friend.

Excellent mileage for the speeds maintained I must say. I started off at 11.3 kmpl inside the city, slowly built it up to 12.5 kmpl, and now after the 2nd service (oil changed) it's at 13.7 kmpl. Thanks largely to the "ECO" indicator.

Quote:
Today while driving to my office i stopped on a red light right when it turned red i.e. GA being the first on the start line. Suddenly noticed a GA twin right next to mine (same color) Then another City (C Red) was next to it.. And then another City (C Red) Sauntered in.! I dont know for sure, but i guess all the 4 owners must have felt like a lineup for a race especially for City :-) luckily all of us seemed not very eager to race ( office blues) and simply cruised away on green.
Got 3 new City in my colony. Honda's sure picking up. I wish we could have a City meet in Gurgaon sometime!
Ha ha, reminds me of that one scene from Fast Five. Whoever won or lost, the City would have been the winner in all cases.

Sales have dropped in the past 1-2 months (partly due to Honda raising prices across all models/variants?). Hopefully with the festive season ahead, they should pick up again. One good thing to note is, the discounts are slowly coming back. One of my friends picked up the V MT at a flat 50,000/- cash discount recently.
Old 27th July 2012, 12:16   #38
BHPian

Hi 00nuts001, may be the Honda guys might have known from the customer feed back that a lot of Indians like classical music. Hence the horn's pitch starts from the first "Sa" , then moves on to "Re" and keep pressing, it might change to "Ga"!

BTW it takes a lot of determination to cover 12 kms in 40 minutes (again, mileage is a factor that contributes to the determination).In the Honda City, even sedate driver find it hard to keep the revs down.

You could be the "Cruise Control" Guru for us. Please share the details how you manage it or is it particular to your driving route.

My driving is mostly in the NH, but to be true, highways in Kerala are more like some roads in metros - insane traffic. I somehow manage to get a figure of 14.4 km/l during my runs. Since the second service, it seems that the mileage has come down or may be I am taking a bit of liberty with my City.
KL01BE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2012, 12:40   #39
Senior - BHPian

hey 00nuts001 thats a very interesting prelude to getting your GA. Enjoyed it thoroughly.

And your Motevo music system looks very well integrated. I have to eat my words (I've done a comparison between the City and Vento and this was a negative for Honda in my comparison - that you cannot change the stock HU to something like you have without losing the looks). Must say it looks fabulous. My compliments. (Though have to say it feels bad to read about the problems you've had to face later - but that was more of installation fault).

Now that GA is back with you hale and hearty wish you many happy miles with it. Keep enjoying.
Old 27th July 2012, 19:29   #40
BHPian

Hi 00nuts001,

Honda, in its service manual says that there is a beep if we drive with the hand breaks ON. Did you come across the beep?

For what ever options they dont offer to us in the City, check my thread.
Old 27th July 2012, 19:37   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01BE View Post
Honda, in its service manual says that there is a beep if we drive with the hand breaks ON. Did you come across the beep?
Really?

I never knew about it! Have you listened to the beep with hands breaks engaged?
Old 27th July 2012, 23:03   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt

Really?

I never knew about it! Have you listened to the beep with hands breaks engaged?
Yes it does, we did try it.
raghu230506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2012, 23:32   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi

The pitch definitely changes if you keep the horn pressed for more than 2 seconds. Something which Honda has done purposefully. It surely helps in making the pedestrian traffic hurry out of the way. (maybe it adds an "annoyed driver" vibe to the horn, who knows)

Cool to know that you can use Cruise Control in city traffic as well. Must be helpful on those long stretches with minimum/no traffic signals. More details, please, my friend.

Excellent mileage for the speeds maintained I must say. I started off at 11.3 kmpl inside the city, slowly built it up to 12.5 kmpl, and now after the 2nd service (oil changed) it's at 13.7 kmpl. Thanks largely to the "ECO" indicator.

Ha ha, reminds me of that one scene from Fast Five. Whoever won or lost, the City would have been the winner in all cases.

Sales have dropped in the past 1-2 months (partly due to Honda raising prices across all models/variants?). Hopefully with the festive season ahead, they should pick up again. One good thing to note is, the discounts are slowly coming back. One of my friends picked up the V MT at a flat 50,000/- cash discount recently.
Thanks mate! I dont know about the pedestrians, but sometimes is a mild irritant to the misician in me!

The eco lamp is really nice. Drove some sense in my driving!

Quote:
Hi 00nuts001, may be the Honda guys might have known from the customer feed back that a lot of Indians like classical music. Hence the horn's pitch starts from the first "Sa" , then moves on to "Re" and keep pressing, it might change to "Ga"!

BTW it takes a lot of determination to cover 12 kms in 40 minutes (again, mileage is a factor that contributes to the determination).In the Honda City, even sedate driver find it hard to keep the revs down.

You could be the "Cruise Control" Guru for us. Please share the details how you manage it or is it particular to your driving route.

My driving is mostly in the NH, but to be true, highways in Kerala are more like some roads in metros - insane traffic. I somehow manage to get a figure of 14.4 km/l during my runs. Since the second service, it seems that the mileage has come down or may be I am taking a bit of liberty with my City.
Hi KL. Wonder which musician enjoys the cacaphony of this kind of variation. I couldn't fathom the raaga!

About the Cruise Control. I really didnt mean to say i use it in jampacked situations. But this is what i do;

At stretches of appr 300 m or more, i reach a speed of appr 50 or more (depends on co traffic) and turn on CC. Every time i see a slight traffic cluster slowong down, i cancel CC and let it roll till i reach the cluster. If the cluster opens or speeds up, i turn on the CC at whatever speed its on (normally around 43-45) till i reach the next cluster. Of course, the + & - speed buttons are also used. I wonder if i make sense in what i write. Sure makes sense on roas. Will be happy to describe in person! Thanks for the interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx
hey 00nuts001 thats a very interesting prelude to getting your GA. Enjoyed it thoroughly.

And your Motevo music system looks very well integrated. I have to eat my words (I've done a comparison between the City and Vento and this was a negative for Honda in my comparison - that you cannot change the stock HU to something like you have without losing the looks). Must say it looks fabulous. My compliments. (Though have to say it feels bad to read about the problems you've had to face later - but that was more of installation fault).

Now that GA is back with you hale and hearty wish you many happy miles with it. Keep enjoying.
Thanks for your concern mate! Did a lot of research on the net and in showrooms to decide on the unit. Highly recomended as VFM.

Quote:
Hi 00nuts001,

For what ever options they dont offer to us in the City, check my thread.
KL, i follow yours and other Co City owners thread regularly. Very nicely written.

I dont recollect the beeep sound. Will have to pay attention.

Does anyone know if we can switch on the auto door lock and unlock on startup in the MT? I couldnt follow it in the manual.
Old 28th July 2012, 01:56   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know if we can switch on the auto door lock and unlock on startup in the MT? I couldnt follow it in the manual.
Sadly this feature is not available in City as of now.
Old 28th July 2012, 07:23   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt

Sadly this feature is not available in City as of now.
Hi Bluevolt. It does show in the manual though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks