Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2014, 11:50   #91
BHPian

Re: Living My Pride : Honda City VMT (Golden Angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
After owning the Ohc, I finally upgraded to a used 34000kms driven Ivtec 2010 vmt model crystal black. I really like the car and looks great too. Infact better than the current gen. Does any one have the official brochure of the 2010 model as I would like to go through it . Also what are the things I should look out for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Congrats on the new acquisition. Honda city is fairly maintenance free. However since you have bought a used car would suggest replacing all fluids (Engine/gearbox/brake oil, coolant) and carrying out a 35K service at HASS for peace of mind. Here are the 2010 & 2012 brochure
Attached Files
File Type: pdf City_Brochure_2012.pdf (2.06 MB, 322 views)
malgudi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 00:26   #92
BHPian

So I finally tried the secret menu on the music system. And it actually worked. This the one where you can display the speed on the music system screen.
But the system is deactivated and you can't listen to the USB, radio or aux. I feel it's just a party trick. But obviously there must be some reason why Honda has done it.
I also finally got the time to give the car for service at solitaire Honda to do a checkup and change the fluids. The engineer told me all is good. Except there is a cracked steering frame. But he said I can continue to drive with that instead of repairing it. I also mentioned that I take the car on the expressway quite often and will it be safe, to which he replied positively. But I want a second opinion from the members of the teambhp who I trust more. Another thing he mentioned is that they don't fix that at the service center. That was weird. My experience at the service centre was great when I went to deliver the car and when I went to collect the car , upto the point where I was shown the car before delivery was great.
Now comes the part where I inspect the car , the engineer or service centre staff shows me all the work that has been carried out. While walking around I find that the windshield has a small chip in it. And I was extremely certain that was not there before. Besides it looked very fresh. So I argued with them and off course they denied.
I requested to have a look at the CCTV cameras..of which the outcome was useless as it hardly covered any of the service bays from the front. So he settled on reducing the cost of the service to half. So that was that and that got settled after a lot of arguing and negotiations.
But the startling thing is that I now know why they take half a day or the whole day at times for a job that can get completed in two hours or three hours time.
When I was viewing the camera recordings I was shocked to see how much time gets wasted by the workers haphazardly working on the cars. If they put at least two mechanics on one car they can finish the job quicker. Here one comes goes then some other dude comes and goes then another guy will come do something. Majority of the time the car is left unattended. I obviously must not know how they function or may each guy does just his part of the job but I find it unefficient.The delivery time for me took 2.5 hours.
Yup and I know it's a small chip the size of two rice grains but damage is damage. And that to on the windscreen. When you pay so much you except service quality.
And the fact that they were in denial.
So that was my experience at the service center.
Old 9th March 2015, 03:27   #93
BHPian

A long pending update. GA completes the 25K mark. A recent 25K service changed the oils on the car, and is smooth once again. conspicuously, the left high beam lamp fused off right after the service. could be a co-incidence. got to get the same changed.

some wire in the amp unit is lose, which i cant figure out. the right speakers work intermittently, and I wait for an opportunity to get it fixed.

next job - detailing.

i still seek inputs on ecu mapping.

thanks.
Old 3rd May 2015, 12:14   #94
BHPian

Another Update: one of the original twin horns went kaput. Got a Hella set, which is acceptably loud.
Also, got car detailing done, which had been pending for quite some time. the car seats / carpets / door handles cleant, plastics polished, a coat of cutter polish and then some liquid polish over it. the car is back to its glory.
Also a channel in the 600w Sony Explode Amp gave up. As such got the amp changed to a Hamaan 1000w unit. complements my car setup well.
Thanks.

I have also been quoted Rs. 21,500/- for a malaysian branded projector / DRLs+indicator / halo rings to replace the original headlamps. Would welcome comments.

Last edited by 00nuts001 : 3rd May 2015 at 12:17. Reason: additional info
Old 22nd July 2015, 13:48   #95
BHPian

out of the 2 Hella horns, one of them is again dead! probably the recent rains have got to it, not very sure though. Will get it repaired / replaced this weekend.
I am facing a nagging problem with my Amp: The power cable tends to break off from the connector very often. While in my previous amp, i could easily reconnect it by simply unscrewing / screwing a small bolt, but this amp does not have easy access to the bolt. This is frustrating.
Could someone please guide me to a real expert on ICE setup? budget is not a primary constraint, but i need this settled once and for all.

I also need advise on 2 more things:
1. ECU Mapping: advantages and disadvantages
2. Should I get the Projector head lamps installed as quoted in my previous post?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks