Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2012, 22:01   #16
BHPian

Re: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4, No! It's the Audi A4 2.0 TDI

Some interior shots i tried clicking yesterday, with a phone camera though!

Completed 4K kms today. Had been to the Audi workshop at kalina today as i had some work around as well.

I was attended to in less than 30 seconds of my getting down of the car and was made to sit at the customer lounge. I wanted to get the washer fluid changed for which a warning was showing up in the driver information system. He put water instead of washer fluid and mentioned that i can later put in washer fluid if i don't see the levels going down a bit too fast as they may indicate a small leakage which can be fixed in the next visit.

Also Noticed the dot between the 2.0 TDI at the rear was somehow missing and hence pointed that out to the service manager. He had a discussion around it with his manager and in a few minutes came back saying it will be fixed too.

Finally asked him to set TPMS as i was told by the sales rep that they will need to set it for the first time, however got a shocker as a reply that TPMS is not a part of the A4 CKD version. Some of them mentioned it comes in the A6 and may be the new A4 has it but they weren't too sure.

Nevertheless, took off after gettin the work done and the people and experience was good. I guess it's just the sales guys who talk all this while selling but the service team was pretty apt and quick.

I shall be uploading more snaps as i find some time friends.
Attached Thumbnails
1 / 2 / 3 / 4, No! It's the Audi A4 2.0 TDI-alloys.jpg  

1 / 2 / 3 / 4, No! It's the Audi A4 2.0 TDI-a4.jpg  

1 / 2 / 3 / 4, No! It's the Audi A4 2.0 TDI-logo.jpg  

1 / 2 / 3 / 4, No! It's the Audi A4 2.0 TDI-logo-d.jpg  

1 / 2 / 3 / 4, No! It's the Audi A4 2.0 TDI-tpchart.jpg  

1 / 2 / 3 / 4, No! It's the Audi A4 2.0 TDI-pic-1.jpg  

1 / 2 / 3 / 4, No! It's the Audi A4 2.0 TDI-pic-2.jpg  

1 / 2 / 3 / 4, No! It's the Audi A4 2.0 TDI-pic-3.jpg  

1 / 2 / 3 / 4, No! It's the Audi A4 2.0 TDI-pic-4.jpg  

1 / 2 / 3 / 4, No! It's the Audi A4 2.0 TDI-pic-5.jpg  

1 / 2 / 3 / 4, No! It's the Audi A4 2.0 TDI-pic-6.jpg  

1 / 2 / 3 / 4, No! It's the Audi A4 2.0 TDI-pic-7.jpg  

Last edited by Karan1981 : 4th June 2012 at 22:25.
Karan1981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2012, 01:07   #17
Team-BHP Support

There won't be any leak, it's just that cars with headlamp washers end up needing to be filled pretty often with water/fluid.

Also is there a tpms button or a setting in mmi for it?
Old 5th June 2012, 11:10   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Karan. It is a nice upgrade from SX4. A fully loaded car including the badge :-) Great colour choice too.

I agree with the dealership experience - I expected Audi, being new, would put up the best show and MB would be the least welcoming. It was quite the opposite in my case.

I felt A4 is more spacious and easier to live with compared to 3 and C - I was very close to buying A4. Also during the time I was debating between C and A4, C did not have USB/SD-card capability which was a deal breaker for me.

Drive safe and have fun with the car!
Old 5th June 2012, 19:29   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Congrats Karan. It is a nice upgrade from SX4. A fully loaded car including the badge :-) Great colour choice too.
Thank you androdev, yes it was my biggest upgrade so far, though it nowhere close to your fabulous and HUGE upgrade. I've read through every post in your thread and love the way you managed it and took a call to move to MB.

I agree, they are the best in service quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
There won't be any leak, it's just that cars with headlamp washers end up needing to be filled pretty often with water/fluid.

Also is there a tpms button or a setting in mmi for it?
Thank you akshay, i think you are right and thats what i thought too. Just got worried when he said leakage possibility in a new car, so thought of clarifying on the forum.

TPMS doesn't show up anywhere in the MID settings or elsewhere, the only reason i even asked them to configure is because thats what the sales person had told me.

He had even mentioned that all Logo's are fixed with some new method and cannot be removed that easily, even if they are it will be covered under warranty / secure which was false again, but like i mentioned it's just "SALES", otherwise the product it damn neat!

Cheers!
Old 6th June 2012, 02:35   #20
BHPian

Congrats Karan! Must say we are completely opposite each other but the taste for good cars is common

What you think about the C is exactly what I think about the A4, though the thoughts about 3 are exactly the same as yours!

I wish the A4 was little more powerful, or rather the 3.0L variant was better priced - cuz that is well worth it - however it's price and availability are an issue!

Great car - please do post better pictures of the interiors (I have traveled and driven the A4 a hundred times - but still want to see more pics !!!)

BTW I updated my thread with some more pics do have a look: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2799633

And as you said there is no beating Merc in A$$ and customer service, hehe!
Old 6th June 2012, 08:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

I quickly went through the thread & if you still feel embarrassed in a good way thanks to the attention all il say is, get used to it !!
That is going to happen a lot atleast whilst the car is new and keep happening in doses over its lifetime thanks to those sexy DRLs.
Congratulations on the fantastic purchase. I can vouch for the fact that you have chosen the very best as you & i have very similar cars in our garages apart from the engine,gearbox, 2 wheel driven vs 4wd & shade of colour (my shade of white is different)
Enjoy her thoroughly !
Old 6th June 2012, 18:59   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Congrats Karan! Must say we are completely opposite each other but the taste for good cars is common
Thanks madnish, i agree we do think differently, though we both love to had good cars in our garage. Wiil surely put up more interior pictures when i get some time off.

Currently whenever i try clicking pictures, somehow my wife wants me to click them with her seated and not standalone .

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
I quickly went through the thread & if you still feel embarrassed in a good way thanks to the attention all il say is, get used to it !!
I agree, she is a total headturner! Wow, thanks for explaining the differences and rubbing it in platzdaturbo, I'll have to check them personally probably in the next group meet you mentioned last, but still the car is just awesome. It can bring a smile on your face no matter what mood you're in. Will keep you guys posted on how she fairs across different parameters on an on going basis.

Cheers!

Last edited by noopster : 6th June 2012 at 19:08. Reason: Fixed quote tags
Old 16th June 2012, 00:08   #23
BHPian

Have completed 4700 kms so far with all going smooth. Need to get mud flaps installed soon as the car gets really dirty without them. Got a quote of 10 - 11k from Audi and i'm currently thinking if thats reasonable or shall i try sourcing them myself elsewhere? Suggestions / thoughts welcome.

This is the Color i actually wanted to buy with black or tan interiors. I was initially thinking of getting the car re-painted, however most people suggested no to go with that due to the build quality thats lost in the process as well as the hassle of changing documents and of course lower resale value.

Might consider an exchange sometime later with a newer model / car to get that color (With the blessing of wifey)

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
1 / 2 / 3 / 4, No! It's the Audi A4 2.0 TDI-new-image.jpg  

1 / 2 / 3 / 4, No! It's the Audi A4 2.0 TDI-new-image1.jpg  

1 / 2 / 3 / 4, No! It's the Audi A4 2.0 TDI-new-image2.jpg  

Old 16th June 2012, 00:20   #24
Senior - BHPian

Last month someone in family got A4 2.0 tdi, they too wanted to get the mudflaps for the car and got a quote of 8k from dealer, but you're getting it on higher side i.e 10-11k.

They tried sourcing it from outside, but they were not able to. So they got it from dealership itself.

Do negotiate with dealer for this, after all a penny saved is penny earned.

Cheers
Sameer

Last edited by sameerg001 : 16th June 2012 at 00:22.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2012, 11:47   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001
Last month someone in family got A4 2.0 tdi, they too wanted to get the mudflaps for the car and got a quote of 8k from dealer, but you're getting it on higher side i.e 10-11k.
Cheers
Sameer
Thank you Sameer, I'm waiting for a friend to let me know if he can source it or else I'll take it from them and will keep 8k in mind.

One of my friend said he can source it from Thailand for 3k, do you think that will be worth going for?
Old 16th June 2012, 17:54   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan1981 View Post
Thank you Sameer, I'm waiting for a friend to let me know if he can source it or else I'll take it from them and will keep 8k in mind.

One of my friend said he can source it from Thailand for 3k, do you think that will be worth going for?

I dont think youl need to look all the way towards Thailand.
A bit of looking in a few decent shops should do your job. I would generally avoid getting anything from outside for the Audi but since they are just mud-flaps and the dealer is quoting a preposterous 10-11k , its definitely worth a search.
If you just cant find any half good flaps then maybe Thailand or the dealer would be the options to look at.
Old 17th June 2012, 19:09   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan1981 View Post

If you're getting them at 3k ( keeping in mind they're of decent quality ), then without any doubt go ahead with them.

BTW look around in mumbai, you may find one at cheaper rate there itself ( as suggested by platzdaturbo ).

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 18th June 2012, 17:21   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001

If you're getting them at 3k ( keeping in mind they're of decent quality ), then without any doubt go ahead

Cheers,
Sameer
Just received a call from a local Acc dealer and got a quote of 4.5k for after market ones.I think I'll go ahead with the originals itself.

Cheers!
Old 18th June 2012, 20:10   #29
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan1981

Just received a call from a local Acc dealer and got a quote of 4.5k for after market ones.I think I'll go ahead with the originals itself.

Cheers!
Buy original stuff always. Better in the long run. After all an expensive vehicle like that deserves the best accessories too.
Old 19th June 2012, 08:21   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan

Buy original stuff always. Better in the long run. After all an expensive vehicle like that deserves the best accessories too.
Yes Shankar, shall be calling them to get the originals fixed asap. just thought of checking aftermarket before deciding, hence enquired.

Most Viewed