Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2014, 22:58   #61
BHPian

Re: 'Megalodon' - 2012 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 MT Silver Mica Metallic

Apologies Jumbo for a late reply. You can get this roots kit from any aftermarket horn repairer. I would suggest to go in for a 6 mm MS bar for this as the roots ones have a little 'temper' in them which will make the seat rock a bit. A learning that I got after using this for a while.
Old 18th July 2014, 00:10   #62
BHPian

Hi Ahmed

I am also awaiting the delivery of my 4x2 AT fortuner. Could you please share a list of essential accessories for the vehicle?

I have the following essential/ ornamental accessories in mind:

Floor Mats (Fabric with the transparent white plastic mats)
Fender Mirror
Luggagy Tray and not the mat
Illuminated Scuff Plate
Head up display
Auto folding mirror
Rear bumper guard (still contemplating on this. Spoils the looks but kind of essential in Delhi)
Lexus style tail lights
Side body cladding (are they necessary?)

Manuj
Old 6th August 2014, 20:10   #63
BHPian

Hi Manuj,

Congratulations for your Fortuner. Here are my responses (Apologies for late response)

Toyota Rubber Floor Mats are a boon. Most of my mates here have the same and no issues on that front at all.
Fender mirror helps in maneuvering in tight spots and parking. You have to use it to understand its need. Don't take it as an ornament.
I use a luggage tray and it has proved to be good. Sometimes carrying an Ice Box and the small water leakage from the same remain on the tray which is easy to clean and does not soil the carpet beneath.
Well OE scuffs definitely look good during dark hours, LED is not visible in broad daylight.
HUD is a good add on and I am planning for it too - I don't have it yet.
Auto folding mirror also is a boon - I have it installed from day one.
Rear bumper guard is required almost everywhere in India. I am planning for it too.
Those LED lights are good - provided you add a little more sealant to them to avoid water seepage. I recon BHPian Kedar removing it over a time - or was it DRLs. Not sure
Side body cladding - like the rear guard is needed. Mine saved me a lot on dents and paints.

I am also planning to procure new tires for my ride. Recently happened to write an email to www.tirerack.com, they came back stating that they will charge $840.00 over $745 to ship them to India. They also do not allow third party shipment - which could have saved me about $400 something. Also asked my mates from South Africa for help. Waiting for a reply.
Ahmed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 22:06   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed View Post

I am also planning to procure new tires for my ride. Recently happened to write an email to www.tirerack.com, they came back stating that they will charge $840.00 over $745 to ship them to India. They also do not allow third party shipment - which could have saved me about $400 something. Also asked my mates from South Africa for help. Waiting for a reply.
I too checked tirerack and I feel it is better to get tyres from India only,I was looking for michelin latitude cross which my dealer is offering at 18.5K/ tyre

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks