Team-BHP - A Star AT: 26,000 kms in 15 months and counting...
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   A Star AT: 26,000 kms in 15 months and counting... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/122796-star-26-000-kms-15-months-counting-7.html)

A Star AT engine is really fuel efficient. I have even gotten in excess of 22kmpl when driven on highways. Maintaining higher tire pressure as suggested probably helps. Also the car shifts to 3rd around 30-40kmph. It is advisable to take the car to 3rd gear and drive on it as much as possible.

Have filled with 35 psi at the pumps the past couple of times. The car was driven around 5-6 kms before filling, so the tyres were hot.

Observations: Ride Quality has deteriorated a bit more, but tank-to-tank, I am not getting 11.5 kmpl in Rush Hour Traffic with 50% A/C :), a jump of around 1.5 kmpl. My driving style or traffic conditions have not changed much. Still, will do a few more tankfuls and get back.

One more issue, at night, in Bangalore, the front windscreen gets fogged up, resulting in low visibility. Is it because the temperature is quite cold at night? I have to either roll down the windows (don't prefer that due to the noise levels), or turn on the A/C (which results in a very COLD cabin). Any alternatives to prevent windscreen from misting up at night?

Quote:

Originally Posted by avi550m (Post 3276111)

One more issue, at night, in Bangalore, the front windscreen gets fogged up, resulting in low visibility. Is it because the temperature is quite cold at night? I have to either roll down the windows (don't prefer that due to the noise levels), or turn on the A/C (which results in a very COLD cabin). Any alternatives to prevent windscreen from misting up at night?

In our A-Star Vxi MT we do the following steps to prevent fogging:
1. Put the temp. selector toward the red(hot) zone. Do it as per outside temperarure as too much heat will be suffocating.
2.Set the blower direction setting to the rightmost position(last position after turning clockwise- meant for defogging).
3.Set to recirculation mode.
4.Use blower speed 1 constantly while driving. You can turn off the A/C compressor switch.
5.Warm air will blow through the vents near the windscreen and also from the small vents near the circular A/C vents which will also prevent the side glasses from fogging
Give this method a try and see! It works perfectly for A-Star.

Went to Kolkata from Bangalore and back.

Onward: Day 1: Bangalore-Srikalahasti (approx. 6 hours)
Day 2: Srikalahasti - Vizag (approx. 10 hours)
Day 3: Vizag - Kolkata (approx. 14 hours)

Return was through Chennai.

The ride was pretty comfortable and fast. None of us got any back pain or anything as such, we were apprehensive about this as the last trip was done in safari.

40000 kms service was done at Kolkata, service cost 4230 including alignment and balancing. Service was prompt.

The car jumped three speed breakers with underbody touching, but no damages.

A Star AT can be driven between 120kmph to 140 kmph all day long. The mileage drops to around 15 kmpl though. If driven around 80kmph, mileage of 20+ is possible.

Driving experience was awesome. Hard suspension is well tuned, music system is also good, pickup is really good, the AT drops down 1 or 2 gears if pressed hard, overtaking is not a problem even at ghat roads.

Overall, a satisfied owner.

my AStar AT doesn't give more than 10 kmpl tankful to tankful.

In Bangalore traffic with AC, we get around 11.5-12.5 kmpl. But then my daily drive is 60+ kms

Back from two trips - Bangalore to Bijapur and back and Bangalore to Mumbai and back. FE around 18-19kmpl, speeds occasionally between 120-130kmph, mostly between 90-110 kmph. Drove over bad roads, couple of speed breakers in the NH took us by surprised and the car jumped over it, but overall it looks good.

Suman, what tyres are you using ? Stock 155/80 R13 ?