Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2013, 09:07   #136
BHPian

Re: My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun

I think I remember this car being featured in a magazine. I had been to TDi racing here and they had me read through the article wanting to know if I wanted similar work done on my car.

I am definitely interested to know about the brake and suspension upgrade/replacement that you have gone through. My buddy here, just got advy brakes on his 1.6 and swears by the change. This change, though did cost around 12k if i'm not mistaken. If by adding a little more moolah, can get me Tarox slotted rotors, i'd definitely go for this over the advy brakes.

Oh, and if you wouldn't mind, please share the price of the paint job that you had done on your car. I'm looking to renew the paint on my car as well. And from the looks of it, your painter seems to fit the bill perfectly. Still waiting for the final pics though.

Cheers and happy driving!
Kiran
Old 6th March 2013, 10:38   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetracer_919 View Post
Hey, jayd, I do remember reading somewhere ,you have installed and switch for changing the exhaust note?? Can you shed some light on that mod? What upgrades have you done to brakes?

I have seen this car in Facebook page of jgarage! Your seats are also looking nice from outside, couldn't get a closer view.

Will share about the exhaust in detail with pix in one of the coming posts. Don't have the pix with me now.

Will post pix of the interiors too. The seats are surprisingly comfy. I drove till bangalore lay night and I was very fresh at the end of the journey, whereas my friend in a stock s10 was pretty tired out due to the bad OE seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer919 View Post
I think I remember this car being featured in a magazine. I had been to TDi racing here and they had me read through the article wanting to know if I wanted similar work done on my car.

I am definitely interested to know about the brake and suspension upgrade/replacement that you have gone through. My buddy here, just got advy brakes on his 1.6 and swears by the change. This change, though did cost around 12k if i'm not mistaken. If by adding a little more moolah, can get me Tarox slotted rotors, i'd definitely go for this over the advy brakes.

Oh, and if you wouldn't mind, please share the price of the paint job that you had done on your car. I'm looking to renew the paint on my car as well. And from the looks of it, your painter seems to fit the bill perfectly. Still waiting for the final pics though.

Cheers and happy driving!
Kiran
My car runs slotted rotors in OE size. They are perfect for my current setup, but te next round of power upgrades I have planned out will entail getting bigger rotors.

I'm planning to upsize to an advy kit, with slotted rotors some time in the future.

The suspension work done on it is amazing, there is no boat like feeling and especially on hilly stretches, the torquey engine, the close ratio box and the suspension make it a lot more fun to drive than several expensive cars!! The brakes are another reassuring factor.

The car is in bangalore for a week, I can check out the paint job if you want.

Will you the cost of painting.
Old 6th March 2013, 10:46   #138
Senior - BHPian

The most difficult part of the paint job is getting the decals right.

Before removing the OE decals, I had taken measurements and coordinates of the same. And also, made high quality replicas of the decals.

The side fenders and bonnet signs are easy. It's the rear hatch door which posed a problem.

The decals were stuck on after painting, but before the clear coat. The clear was applied on the decals to serve as a protective film for the same.
Attached Thumbnails
My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-image300634465.jpg  

My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-image2162009703.jpg  

My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-image283422433.jpg  

My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-image3595951104.jpg  

JayD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th March 2013, 10:57   #139
Senior - BHPian

Re: My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun

You're painting it all over again?
Old 6th March 2013, 11:12   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
You're painting it all over again?
Hehe!! Nope!! This is the same car which you saw. I stopped updating the thread for a while. Hence the confusion.
Old 6th March 2013, 14:39   #141
BHPian

Amazing stuff, sir.

Your passion is evident in the pics. The roof job looks great too, so does the sneak preview of the wheels.

Glued.

Cheers,
Tapish
Old 6th March 2013, 18:34   #142
BHPian

@JayD - Could you please share the dimensions of the disc you replaced with i.e thickness, outer dia. I'm on a similar journey to upgrade the brakes on my '08 Palio 1.6 Stile. Did you change the pads as well to aftermarket stuff?
Old 8th March 2013, 14:02   #143
BHPian

The pads are OE pads to my knowledge and im not sure about the discs though.
Willwood after market brake upgrades are available for the palio. It will cost you close to 40 K

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh.cv View Post
@JayD - Could you please share the dimensions of the disc you replaced with i.e thickness, outer dia. I'm on a similar journey to upgrade the brakes on my '08 Palio 1.6 Stile. Did you change the pads as well to aftermarket stuff?
Old 14th March 2013, 17:46   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapish View Post
Amazing stuff, sir.

Your passion is evident in the pics. The roof job looks great too, so does the sneak preview of the wheels.

Glued.

Cheers,
Tapish
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh.cv View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimish anthony View Post
The pads are OE pads to my knowledge and im not sure about the discs though.
Willwood after market brake upgrades are available for the palio. It will cost you close to 40 K

As nimish has said, im using OE sized rotors and pads. They are slotted though.

Final stages of paint and wrap up from the paintshop!!
Attached Thumbnails
My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-img_0245.jpg  

My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-img_0244.jpg  

My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-img_0267.jpg  

My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-img_0270.jpg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 14th March 2013 at 17:49. Reason: merging posts
JayD is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th March 2013, 14:29   #145
BHPian

Amazing Job JayD,
I have been a fan of Fiat from the day I started learning in Fiat 1100 in my 8th Standard, Then I drove my uncle's Premier Padmini, and my dad's Fiat 1100 for a long time, and later Maruti's for a while.

My 1st purchase when I could afford a car was Fiat S10 (used). But I had to let go of it when I relocated to Chennai.
When I returned back just in months, I started searching for another S10 all again, I was sure guy who bought my old one wouldn't sell it, luckily I got another one with same the Registration Number 0011, obviously different prefix. Have been driving it for a while, and Timing belt gave its way, swapped the Engine with Boxed Fiat 1.6 Siena engine from Pune.

I am so impressed with your passion to S10 , and now I want to restore its body, brakes & interiors again.

Hope I will be successful in making it half good as yours.

Last edited by Aditya : 18th November 2020 at 22:35. Reason: Typo
Old 25th March 2013, 17:31   #146
BHPian

Just now saw your thread Jay. It was hiding from me for all these years. This is one immaculate restoration. After seeing the progress my car looks just Okish. I am going to fix advy brakes this week for my car. Hope we shall meet this week.
Old 13th May 2013, 15:05   #147
BHPian

Could you please post pictures of the Advy Brakes and details of brake upgrade done on your S10.

Quote:
As nimish has said, im using OE sized rotors and pads. They are slotted though.

Final stages of paint and wrap up from the paintshop!!

Last edited by moralfibre : 19th July 2013 at 06:08. Reason: Fixing quote tag
Old 18th July 2013, 22:24   #148
BHPian

Just posting here to bump this thread. Eagerly waiting for the upgrades of the yellow hatch.
It's been so long since it has been updated
streetracer_919 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2013, 20:36   #149
BHPian

Some months before I upgraded to adventure brakes. Soon the rear set up will also changed to adventure brake set up. The brake is quite grippy and inspires lots of confidence past ton.
Attached Thumbnails
My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-dscf1790.jpg  

vijaycool is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2013, 21:59   #150
BHPian

The rotors are definitely bigger!
Did you get the set up from the authorised dealer or some other garage?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks