Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2012, 14:25   #91
Senior - BHPian

Since i ws in Cochin for a while, decided to get 4460 back home, and get it worked on by a fiat expert here.

Despite the loopy idle, and all the other 'gifts' i got from ignite, she drove beautifully from chennai to bangalore, then calicut and cochin. The long route was chosen as there was some personal work to be done at bangalore.

The car performed without a hitch, and i personally feel it was just too happy to get out of chennai!!

Anyways, it reached cochin, and i took it to the garage. They immediately identified the problem with the timing, and i listed out a few more minor niggles which had to be sorted, the liast was as follows.

1) Idle/timing
2) Fuel lid not closing
3) Not able to reset Tripmeter
4) Check brakes(an ignite gift)
5) General checkup and change whatever is needed.

The car was returned to me, with all the work done, in about 3 days. Took her for a spin, and i was like WOW!! For the first time, after almost 5 months post purchase, i did my first proper drive, where nothing went wrong, and i returned home smiling!! I was kicking myself for not doing this earlier.

Drove 4460 around for a few days, and she was performing like new. Simply brilliant. As i was finally happy with the mechanical condition, i decided to get started with step 2 of my resto- The bodywork.

Two Brothers, Seperated at birth, unite. A typical 'Ramesh- Suresh' Story!
My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-img2012032900210.jpg

My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-img2012032900209.jpg
JayD is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 27th September 2012, 17:18   #92
Senior - BHPian

Re: My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun

Amazing story JayD but you seriously are crazy . In your love or passion for the S10 you managed to get 2 of them. Now that both of them are in good shape, whats the plan? do you intend to retain both of them?
Old 28th September 2012, 11:55   #93
Senior - BHPian

Re: My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Amazing story JayD but you seriously are crazy . In your love or passion for the S10 you managed to get 2 of them. Now that both of them are in good shape, whats the plan? do you intend to retain both of them?
Thanks!

I really haven't decided on the cars, but maybe, one will have to go! :(
For the moment, just enjoying them!
Old 27th October 2012, 13:19   #94
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Thanks!

I really haven't decided on the cars, but maybe, one will have to go! :(
For the moment, just enjoying them!
JayD anna...

2 much is 2 bad

Can i have one Please let me know ASAP i am damn serious.
Old 27th October 2012, 13:33   #95
BHPian

Add one more to the list of people waiting for better struts please.

The steering wheel position is a characteristic of the palio , just have to move the seat so that the wheel it's right in your chest, then pretend you are Colin McRae.

One option I was thinking of was using the adventure's lower arm to give a wider front track ala Renault cup chassis, will look into it further and let you guys know.
Old 27th October 2012, 15:12   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Beautiful. Couple of such threads have really managed to put a spark in my heart.Am sure once am ready with the funds, I am going to look out for one! Which is the garage in Cochin you are talking about?

Seems this is the right place to ask, though a bit OT. What exactly are the differences between a 1.6, S10 & GTX? I know S10 is a limited edition & GTX has a different alloy wheel design. I am more looking at the actual differences.
Old 27th October 2012, 16:29   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Seems this is the right place to ask, though a bit OT. What exactly are the differences between a 1.6, S10 & GTX? I know S10 is a limited edition & GTX has a different alloy wheel design. I am more looking at the actual differences.
Main difference in Gear ratios as pointed out in post number 82 by SunnBoi

also see this superb thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...fferences.html

Also front fenders & rear spoiler & Side skirts are different.

S10 sports a chrome tail end pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
*cough* its 3 4 5 reverse *cough*

Attachment 970242
Sunny, the numbers for 1.6 are not tallying with my GTX handbook Vs. the numbers in the 1.6 Sport handbook

SunnyBoi's post:

My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-sunnyboi_s10.jpeg

1.6 Sport PDF Handbook:

My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-1.2_1.6_1.9.jpg

my GTX Handbook:

My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-gtx_1.2.jpg

I find it strange that if we are to go by the figures,
  • S10 has the same gear ratios as the 1.9 Diesel Palios
  • The GTX & the 1.6 Sport (non-Stile`) has same gear ratios, except in 5th [not matching with SunnyBoi's Pic & PDF handbook & my GTX handbook]
  • The GTX & the 1.2 has same gear ratios, except in 1st
Also Sunny, please do not take it otherwise, but i find the image to be played around with. Please do correct me, if i am mistaken.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 27th October 2012 at 16:54.
planet_rocker is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th October 2012, 20:20   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^ Thanx a lot for the pointers. Appreciate it. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Since i ws in Cochin for a while, decided to get 4460 back home, and get it worked on by a fiat expert here.....

.....The car was returned to me, with all the work done, in about 3 days. Took her for a spin, and i was like WOW!! For the first time, after almost 5 months post purchase, i did my first proper drive, where nothing went wrong, and i returned home smiling!! ....
Could you provide the details of the garage in Cochin?
Old 30th October 2012, 17:57   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM

JayD anna...

2 much is 2 bad

Can i have one Please let me know ASAP i am damn serious.
Hello anna,

Replied to you on fb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_convert
Add one more to the list of people waiting for better struts please.

The steering wheel position is a characteristic of the palio , just have to move the seat so that the wheel it's right in your chest, then pretend you are Colin McRae.

One option I was thinking of was using the adventure's lower arm to give a wider front track ala Renault cup chassis, will look into it further and let you guys know.
The struts have exceeded my expectations completely.. A fellow member has driven the car, i think he can explain better.
You are right on the steering position , and especially with the s10s thick leather steering, its even better. The gear lever on this ca is also, designed to just fall into our hand.

I doubt there is any difference in the advy's lower arm, to the best of my knowledge, the track on both are the same.
Old 30th October 2012, 18:01   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Also Sunny, please do not take it otherwise, but i find the image to be played around with. Please do correct me, if i am mistaken.
Well this is how my manual looks. Both gear ratios and speeds in each gears have a sticker put on top of them.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 18:06   #101
Senior - BHPian

Sunnyboi - thanks i spoke to JayD regarding the numbers. But his S10 manual has the same numbers as in my GTX handbook which adds to the confusion. Chillax! these cars that matter and not the stupid numbers

take care and drive safe!

PS: any help with the last line in my signature?

Last edited by planet_rocker : 30th October 2012 at 18:08.
Old 30th October 2012, 18:37   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious
Beautiful. Couple of such threads have really managed to put a spark in my heart.Am sure once am ready with the funds, I am going to look out for one! Which is the garage in Cochin you are talking about?

Great, the more the merrier. A lot of s10s are with undeserving owners, only coz they got it cheap. They have no clue what they have. I've personally rescued quite a few from the hands of such people. I hope one day, all of these cars will be with deserving enthusiasts.

Differences between s10 and GTX

1) canary yellow paint
2) Side skirts
3) Rear spoiler
4) Different alloys
5) Close ratio gearbox
6) Different exhaust
7) Metal plaque with vehicle serial number on left door and rear boor sill
8) S10 badged stereo
9) Different upholstery with s10 limited edition embroidered on the seat back.
10) Leather steering and gearknob with red stitching.
11) Blue tinted indicator bulbs
12) S10 rubber badging on C pillar
13) Sachin's sign on the bonnet and front fenders
14) Different front fenders, with recession for monogramme
16) Red coloured 16v100 monogramme.
17) S10 limited edition badged sillplates.

Along with every S10, the following was offered,

1) Cricket bad, with sachins sign
2) A certificate About the s10(pic if the same attached)

My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-image1409850241.jpg

Will pm u the garage details.
JayD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 18:41   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi

Well this is how my manual looks. Both gear ratios and speeds in each gears have a sticker put on top of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker
Sunnyboi - thanks i spoke to JayD regarding the numbers. But his S10 manual has the same numbers as in my GTX handbook which adds to the confusion. Chillax! these cars that matter and not the stupid numbers

take care and drive safe!

PS: any help with the last line in my signature?

Sunni, as planet has said, my s10 handbook is identical to what planet has posted. No mention of s10 anywhere. :( now need to check the one in my KL car.
JayD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 19:03   #104
Senior - BHPian

JayD - Both cars have similar exhaust system. It was just the Tail-end pipe that came in chrome in the S10! The end can, the pipe diameter are same. The Catcon is located closer to the Manifold as in 1.6 Sport [in this way it was different]

Last edited by planet_rocker : 30th October 2012 at 19:04.
planet_rocker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 19:32   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker
JayD - Both cars have similar exhaust system. It was just the Tail-end pipe that came in chrome in the S10! The end can, the pipe diameter are same. The Catcon is located closer to the Manifold as in 1.6 Sport [in this way it was different]
There is a difference in the S10 muffler. It sounds very different from a gtx. The article in the first page of this thread mentions it too.
JayD is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks