Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2012, 11:18   #106
BHPian

Re: My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun

Congrats Jay on your car. Well i do have a 2003 model S10 and i know the value of the car. It just stands out even today in Cochin traffic. From your vast expertise i would like to take a few inputs too.

1. Is there a posssibility to get the blue tinted indicator bulbs.
2. Can i use the rotors of the linea in the S10
3. Can i use SPC wiper blades on the S10

As far as i know you are the best S10 consultant in india.
Old 16th November 2012, 11:29   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimish anthony View Post
Can i use SPC wiper blades on the S10
You could give the Hella Dyna Blades a try. It comes in various sizes and it should be a straight fit. It will set you back by around 1000 bucks, well worth for the wipers.
Old 18th February 2013, 09:32   #108
Senior - BHPian

Back after a long break!!

Well, drove around the S10 with the new bakes and suspension for a while, took it for a couple of track days, and had a blast.

But my madness for Paint got the better of me and i decided to strip down this car completely! Everyone called me mad to strip down a car in this condition, but I had other plans in mind!!

The job was entrusted to my trustworthy painter, who has worked on my classic cars also, so he know how finicky I am when it comes to Paint.

Some pix before the car was stripped down!

With my friends R8 Manual!
My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-img2012040600234.jpg

A final Blast on Rural Kerala roads, before i tore it apart!
My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-img2012061900057.jpg

My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-img2012061900056.jpg
JayD is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th February 2013, 09:35   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimish anthony View Post
Congrats Jay on your car. Well i do have a 2003 model S10 and i know the value of the car. It just stands out even today in Cochin traffic. From your vast expertise i would like to take a few inputs too.

1. Is there a posssibility to get the blue tinted indicator bulbs.
2. Can i use the rotors of the linea in the S10
3. Can i use SPC wiper blades on the S10

As far as i know you are the best S10 consultant in india.

Thanks for the Kind words Nimish, But i am just another enthusiast trying to do justice to India's 'Hottest Hatch!'

1) Blue tinted indicator bulbs are almost impossible to find nowadays. They came OE with the S10, and have an iridescent coating on top.

2) I heard they can be used. Looking at that possibility if i cannot get advy rotors.

3) Yes, definitely, though i would suggest you use Hella or bosch instead
JayD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2013, 12:17   #110
Senior - BHPian

And after a lot of thought, the deconstruction started. The paint on the car was in decent shape, and so was the body shape. But a problem which plagued all S10s is Paint fade. Different panels would be in different colours. While this is not noticeable to most people, i was not very happy about it. Also, took a lot of time, and circled out the minor areas in the car which needed attention.
Attached Thumbnails
My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-img_0092.jpg  

My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-img_0093.jpg  

My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-img_0109.jpg  

My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-img_0106.jpg  

JayD is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th February 2013, 14:51   #111
BHPian

Welcome back Jay - Having looked at your other S10 in person awaiting to see the results of this car. Is this going to be the stock car?
Old 18th February 2013, 14:55   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teky View Post
Welcome back Jay - Having looked at your other S10 in person awaiting to see the results of this car. Is this going to be the stock car?
Heya teky! Good to see you here!

Actually, this is the car you saw at ooty! I just got a lil behind in updating this thread. The stock car is WIP now.
Old 18th February 2013, 21:10   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

What will happen to the "Sachin's Autographs"?!! I see they have circled it too! Gives a heart attack when you see a car this stripped down!
Old 19th February 2013, 19:14   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
What will happen to the "Sachin's Autographs"?!! I see they have circled it too! Gives a heart attack when you see a car this stripped down!

I have created replicas of all the logos and badges on the car!! Will detail the process in the following posts!!
Old 27th February 2013, 13:13   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
And after a lot of thought, the deconstruction started. The paint on the car was in decent shape, and so was the body shape. But a problem which plagued all S10s is Paint fade. Different panels would be in different colours. While this is not noticeable to most people, i was not very happy about it. Also, took a lot of time, and circled out the minor areas in the car which needed attention.
This thread keeps getting more exciting with every update.
With the end product being so fantastic,one is really eager to know the story behind it.
JayD,please update thread.
Old 27th February 2013, 13:44   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
This thread keeps getting more exciting with every update.
With the end product being so fantastic,one is really eager to know the story behind it.
JayD,please update thread.
I was under the impression that people were not interested in the thread, hence didnt update it too much... starting off again! lol!!
Old 27th February 2013, 13:57   #117
Senior - BHPian

Stickers!

An important part of the S10 is the stickers which come with the car. Sans those, it is not more a limited edition!

The car comes with the following decals on the exterior

1) Sachin Tendulkar signs on
-Both Front Fenders
- Bonnet
-Rear Hatch door

2) Big red S10 logo on the hatch door

3) Limited Edition text on the hatch door.

Out of the above mentioned, the signs were easy to replicate, the issue was with the rear hatch, where the S10 logo was very complex, and the sachin sign was pasted over it, with Limited Edition mentioned below.

For getting an accurate Vector file, I had to remove the sachin sign, very carefully, taking extra care to not damage the S10 below it. Also, the fact that it was 10 years old did not help one bit!

Also, before removing the logos, the positions of all the logos were carefully noted down, and lots of pix were taken of the same. It is very rare to see an S10 with all logos intact, and I wanted to preserve the originality as much as possible.
Attached Thumbnails
My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-img_0094.jpg  

My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-img_0096.jpg  

My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-img_0098.jpg  

My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-img2012080400179.jpg  

Old 27th February 2013, 14:02   #118
Senior - BHPian

As we started stripping more and more, we were able to find and eliminate many minor imperfections and minute dings which were not detected earlier. We completely removed the interior, seats, carpets etc and checked for rust(which is a common occurrence on s10s) but thankfully, there was none.

I was going with new rubbers wherever available, Door beadings, Glass Beadings etc.

Also, one of my side skirts had a nasty crack in it, courtesy the previous owner. That too was carefully removed and repaired!

The primer and base coat were applied, and the body was checked for perfect level again. Any imperfections found, were corrected ASAP.
Attached Thumbnails
My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-img_0219.jpg  

My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-img_0105.jpg  

My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-img_0218.jpg  

My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-img_0223.jpg  

JayD is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th February 2013, 23:06   #119
Senior - BHPian

All the minor faults were ironed out, and the car was in the paintbooth for the final coat.

I decided to add some 'Italian Flavour' to the car, hence the painting process was going to be a little complicated!
Attached Thumbnails
My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-img_0206.jpg  

My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-img_0205.jpg  

My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun-img_0227.jpg  

Old 27th February 2013, 23:51   #120
Senior - BHPian

The preps are looking great.
How does one put the side skirts back?Stick them with double sided tape or screw them?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks