Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2013, 13:14   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Robi is in blore, running his car without a hitch on 17
I'll wait for Robi to chip in, but I know he uses the polo a lot more within Bangalore now. What saves Robi's alloys are his fantastically mind blowing Tarox 6 pots. The car stops in no time and we are usually able to avoid any bad surfaces.

If I had those Tarox's I would run the car on rims. Any harder braking would turn back time.
Old 30th November 2013, 16:05   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Over the last one year, Bangalore roads have become almost non existent and as Azeem said I am using the Polo a lot more these days.
Having said that, I am very careful when driving the Laura within the city and never take any unknown roads. Moreover, I drive alone 90% of the time and my brakes help too.

In Bangalore at present, if you have a lowered car and use low profile tires then you must have a back up car.
robimahanta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2013, 10:54   #93
BHPian

I have been driving a 2011 Laura TSI with 17 inch rims for over 2 years now with out any issues. It's my daily drive in Bangalore and has seen the best and the worst of roads both within the city and outside. Never had to baby my car or worry due to the low profile tyres, apart from regular caution of avoiding or negotiating potholes that one would do with any car.
Old 4th February 2014, 08:59   #94
BHPian

Re: White Skoda Laura vRS - An Owner's Take

The car is equipped with Bilstein B6 now. Didn't get to drive it much, but did manage to put in a few spirited runs and oh boy - The car is a lot of fun now.

The comfort has been compromised somewhat, but when you take a corner on the line, the smile this brings on your face - simply makes up for it. The ride is firm, but not uncomfortable. The fun on corners is priceless.

Got me a 1.2 Tsi now and thats being used as primary city commuter. I'm planning a highway drive soon, will pen down more impressions once I complete that drive.

Back to crunching those miles!
azeemhafiz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 23:04   #95
BHPian

Hello Azim,

How has the vRS been treating you? No updates for nearly two years

- Avinash
Old 23rd January 2016, 00:24   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_clt View Post
Hello Azim,

How has the vRS been treating you? No updates for nearly two years

- Avinash
Hey Avinash!

The car is doing really well, well beyond expectations. I haven't driven it much recently, its twice a year toy at the moment

How's your car doing? I have been amazed at the reliability. Amazed because my initial expectation for the long run, was really low.

Last edited by azeemhafiz : 23rd January 2016 at 00:42.
azeemhafiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2016, 00:35   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeemhafiz View Post
Hey Avinash!

The car is doing really well, well beyond expectations. I haven't driven it much recently, its twice a year toy at the moment

How's your car doing? I have been amazed at the reliability. Amazed because my expectation in the long run was really low.
Our car is still stock and running great. I am also at home only couple of times a year, however, either my dad or bro drives it occasionally. Clocked around 39000km till now. Except for some wheel speed sensors which were replaced under EW, the car has been pretty reliable and cheap to maintain too. It is also one of the primary reason why two smaller germans joined our family. A Vento TSI and a Polo GT TDI. A large amount of the 'commute' are in them, vRS for the drive

- Avinash

Last edited by avinash_clt : 23rd January 2016 at 00:37. Reason: Spellings
avinash_clt is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks