Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2012, 21:59   #46
BHPian

re: My Renault Duster 110 BHP RXL. EDIT: 25000 kms, Phase 2 accessories report

That has got to be the most detailed review (and I stress the word detailed like 100 times) I have ever read ever in team bhp. Good Lord man, you have the patience to take picture of each and every tiny tiny detail (like the a/c switch, hazard light on or off confusion and such). What do you do for a living again? Sounds like one of those testing people at NASA. By profession I am a system/business analyst and I think I can take a few pointers from you. LOL!
But jokes asides, your review was excellent and I feel like I know the Duster in and out already. That proves the quality of your write up and commitment to detail. Have fun with your car. And yes, the alloys are amazing!

Last edited by rosh_aveo1.4 : 27th November 2012 at 22:05.
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 06:13   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
Phew!! 2 hours well spent! The writing style is very chicklit and likable

BTW, you CAN change tracks and FM channels using the BTS controls.
Thank you! And thanks for letting me know. I had a feeling using those other buttons something can be done for changing tracks but that is just too cumbersome to do while driving, dont you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Suchit 23 a great write up thank you, read the whole review in one go, its totally unbiased please follow it up regularly.

It would have been more sturdier if the base plates used for the arm rest is made out of steel plates but its only made out of fiber i hope so and not plastic therefore you need to be careful not to step on it or use full weight to press it down.
Thank you and very true. Arm rest is required and would have been better if that plate was of steel. Good that you got something which does not compromise the bottle holder, can you upload a pic of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfish View Post
Good Review Suchit,
You mention that even you tube video was getting paused while pressing the mute button, have you changed the HU? how do you see video's in the HU?
Thanks, I dont see it in the HU. What I meant is that if I mute using Duster's mute button it pauses the video in the phone using A2DP technology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
That has got to be the most detailed review (and I stress the word detailed like 100 times) I have ever read ever in team bhp. Good Lord man, you have the patience to take picture of each and every tiny tiny detail (like the a/c switch, hazard light on or off confusion and such). What do you do for a living again?
Thank you very much! Good one about the NASA! For a living I manage IT projects.
Old 28th November 2012, 09:38   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchit23 View Post
Thank you! And thanks for letting me know. I had a feeling using those other buttons something can be done for changing tracks but that is just too cumbersome to do while driving, dont you think?
Actually Not. Once you get a hang of it (like the door lock switch); this also becomes second nature. Also it's better than going to the HU for the changes.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 28th November 2012 at 12:10. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
engrohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 13:09   #49
BHPian

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 29th November 2012 at 13:43.
vasanthn21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 16:41   #50
BHPian

Hi Suchit,
Congrats & congrats. First one for getting your Dusty and second for this superb user review. It almost looks like you read my mind and wrote it out, except that I own a 85PS RxL (O). I've done less than 1200Kms so I've not posted my experiences but I will, very soon.

Just one question. Do you have problem with water leaking into the car from your front passenger side? I have that problem and so do others here. Would like to know if you faced it and how it was handled.

Rajesh
woodcrawler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 16:59   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcrawler View Post
Just one question. Do you have problem with water leaking into the car from your front passenger side? I have that problem and so do others here. Would like to know if you faced it and how it was handled.

Rajesh
Hi Rajesh,

I also have the 85PS (O) and i have not had the problem of water leekage, even though there have been instances when i have driven through some heavy downpour

Sid
kumarsiddhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 19:33   #52
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic report. Your attention to detail is great. You have covered the negatives as well as positives well, an unbiased report.

I like the alloys. May I know the place from where you got the alloys and rear view camera?

Wish you a happy ownership experience.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 28th November 2012 at 19:35.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 21:53   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
Actually Not. Once you get a hang of it (like the door lock switch); this also becomes second nature. Also it's better than going to the HU for the changes.
Alright, I will give it a try. Even a friend of mine who read my review called me and blasted the water out of me for not trying that

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
Thanks for the coprehensice review.
One question: Have you driven the 85 PS duster? If yes, what differences do you see? (mainly in driveability & outright acceleration). I have heard that the 85 PS is tad underpowered! Is this true!?
In the city it would be very hard to find out any difference and for most part you would be enjoying the easy driveability to remember anything else. In the highway however you will notice it especially A) If you do not like to revv the engine hard to get the max power B) during overtaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcrawler View Post
Hi Suchit,
so I've not posted my experiences but I will, very soon.

Rajesh
Please do so, always good to see a new Duster review. Absolutely no water leaking issues at all, touch wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Fantastic report. Your attention to detail is great. You have covered the negatives as well as positives well, an unbiased report.

I like the alloys. May I know the place from where you got the alloys and rear view camera?
Thank you. Got the alloys from Sachin Auto Shop in Koramangla, here is a link https://plus.google.com/106954920671...92/about?hl=en

Took the reverse parking sensors from the dealer itself (Renault Whitefield).
Old 29th November 2012, 08:40   #54
Senior - BHPian

Suchit, I am really falling short of words to describe your passion for your Dusty. Till date I haven't come across such a kind of ownership review, not just here on TBHP, but any other forums, magazines etc.

Someone earlier compared your style of writing with that of the mods in the official reviews section of cars. However I would say you have now set the benchmark to an altogether different level. The thought of how can an owner be so unbiased in his review is still puzzling me.

Though you have quite logically arrived at your decision of selecting the Duster over other cars (as is obvious from your spreadsheets), this is no way is a matter handled by your head, your heart has completely overruled your head & I believe one would never repent such decisions.

Here's wishing you a very happy & satisfying association with your Dusty for years to come.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 29th November 2012 at 08:42.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2012, 09:33   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarsiddhi View Post
Hi Rajesh,

I also have the 85PS (O) and i have not had the problem of water leekage, even though there have been instances when i have driven through some heavy downpour

Sid

I totally agree, i have driven my Rxl(o) for 1500km under heavy downpour but still no leak or door vibration or squeak it has stayed solid under the worst roads of Chennai.

But I think we need to be careful not to over speed on bad roads finding the suspension great as this may bring early damages to the vehicle in future.
sathyaprakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2012, 09:51   #56
BHPian

I notice a pattern with water seeping in problem.
None of the users with 85 PS variant is reporting it but 110 PS owners are reporting it.

Are these two variant built a little differently apart from engine ?
acroback is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2012, 12:08   #57
BHPian

To everyone who appreciated this thread, a BIG THANK YOU because my thread has gone to the Hot Threads section in Team-BHP home page! Special thanks to the mods to appreciate my work and motivate me further to contribute quality content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Suchit, I am really falling short of words to describe your passion for your Dusty. Till date I haven't come across such a kind of ownership review, not just here on TBHP, but any other forums, magazines etc.

your heart has completely overruled your head & I believe one would never repent such decisions.
Thanks a lot mate, very nice words of appreciation! And you have nailed it, it was a heart decision and I am not going to repent even if it gives me some amount of trouble!
suchit23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2012, 12:46   #58
BHPian

Hi Vasanth,

I own a 85 PS version and can comment on your question of it's performance. It's definitely very easy to drive in the city, however on the highway it feels underpowered for sure.

Beyond 100 it's gradual acceleration that you get.

Sid
kumarsiddhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2012, 22:42   #59
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchit23 View Post
Thank you! Yes, please any information on the 3D mats would be really helpful as I have been checking with couple stores in Bangalore and they have NOT yet got it.
Suchit - Spoke to my friends again and realised I was wrong, my bad!
The friend who bought the Duster doesn't have the 3D mats and the other friend who has the 3D mats bought a Scorpio in fact ! The confusion was because both mentioned they bought the accessories for their cars from the same shop
I did speak to a couple of contacts (Krishna Decor and Torque) and they mentioned that the 3D mats for Duster can be expected by end of December.

Last edited by NPV : 29th November 2012 at 22:48. Reason: adding acc shop names
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2012, 22:51   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Suchit - Spoke to my friends again and realised I was wrong, my bad!

the 3D mats for Duster can be expected by end of December.
Thanks for taking the time out for checking. Appreciate it. I wonder what is taking so long , and why am I getting a feeling 3D mats for XUV were available much earlier after it was launched.

Most Viewed