Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2013, 08:17   #421
Senior - BHPian

re: The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* 114 BHP & 250 Nm by Tune-O-Tronics

Karthik,

Your Red rocket is one masterpiece, well maintained and different from the lot.

Really, would like to know who was the owner of the white Punto with LTD sticker?

One question - by any chance is it possible to make the MID display read the range, trip A distance and odo at the same time?
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 10:26   #422
BHPian

re: The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* 114 BHP & 250 Nm by Tune-O-Tronics

Nice one Karthik. So we have quite a looker on our hands eh? My oh my,i can't begin to comprehend what differences there are between the stock punto and the "bharath" punto . The car looks killer now, i bet it would make even BMWs think twice about tailing you. Don't share the mod details yet! Keep the suspense rolling and one day, you get to say "tada" and ask the guys reading this thread to spot the difference.
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 10:56   #423
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Karthik,

Your Red rocket is one masterpiece, well maintained and different from the lot.
Thanks a lot Ghodlur, glad you like it

Quote:
Really, would like to know who was the owner of the white Punto with LTD sticker?
Happens to be another regular customer at the 3M car care place. He is not a member of any forum though.

Quote:
One question - by any chance is it possible to make the MID display read the range, trip A distance and odo at the same time?
I'm afraid that is not possible Girish, since each of those individual data needs to be cycled through its individual screens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Nice one Karthik. So we have quite a looker on our hands eh? My oh my,i can't begin to comprehend what differences there are between the stock punto and the "bharath" punto . The car looks killer now, i bet it would make even BMWs think twice about tailing you. Don't share the mod details yet! Keep the suspense rolling and one day, you get to say "tada" and ask the guys reading this thread to spot the difference.
Thanks a lot arch-Angel. I'll roll out some more mods in the days to come, nothing significant in the beginning, but surely won't disappoint .
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 13:15   #424
BHPian

I wonder how i missed this thread so far! Its thrilling to see passionate auto fanatics such as yourself & the untiring efforts taken to make the Punto different from the rest. I big cheers to you!
urajkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 21:02   #425
BHPian

Ha ha, thanks for the update Karthikk, I supposed you almost forgot us hungry BHPians in the dust.

By the way, your car looks too fast for those backgrounds...

Eagerly waiting for the next set of mods!!! Surprise us!
Eminenttismo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 06:56   #426
BHPian

So, the photoshoot is finally here!

Awesome pics Karthik! It is not even funny how both of your cars have just come out of the factory, constantly.

Anyway, as I have said before, the 'bharath' () Punto is looking absolutely fantastic

Looking forward to your next mods! Are they going to be performance mods or more visual ones?
nipcarlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 07:20   #427
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
I still couldn't go for that elusive 'REAL' photoshoot for the fake Abarth (waiting to seek the help of the best BHPian with a lens - you all know who that is ).

There aren't any modification updates recently, since I'm going a little slow on the mods right now. The next set of mods will start rolling out in the next couple of weeks, but I'll have the photoshoot done and dusted shortly (waiting for that certain expert to become free and help me out). I'll be back here soon. Very soon *winks*. Thanks for reading.
Give me a call before you head out for this photoshoot. Smoking mods confirmed? Will be coming for that as well if I'm free.

By the way, what detailing was done this week? How come I'm not able to achieve this gloss on my poor bald punto. Need to ask Sidhu the secret behind this.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 19:28   #428
BHPian

Look what just happened:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3196635

A BHPian mistook your car for an Abarth!!!

I always thought this was going to happen !!!
nipcarlover is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 00:16   #429
BHPian

Good going Karthik!

First that innocent RTO officer & now this.

Looks like all the effort you've put into this transformation has paid off & how
speed kills is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2013, 07:59   #430
BHPian

Hi Karthik,

You have gone international!!!

Just read this news this morning. Looks like Fiat UK have been inspired by your looks and have launched a "Sporting" variant of the Punto in UK. The only differences would be the blackened headlamps (which you are obviously planning to get), 16" alloys and no carbon fiber :P

Have a look at this
Attached Thumbnails
The Red Rocket - Fiat Grande Punto Sport. *UPDATE* Interiors now in Karlsson Leather-fiatpuntosporting13.jpg  

Last edited by srinath34 : 3rd August 2013 at 08:01.
srinath34 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2013, 11:02   #431
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Hi Karthik,

Just read this news this morning. Looks like Fiat UK have been inspired by your looks and have launched a "Sporting" variant of the Punto in UK. The only differences would be the blackened headlamps (which you are obviously planning to get), 16" alloys and no carbon fiber :P

Have a look at this
Sorry, but I didn't get what you mean by inspiration here. Sporting was available earlier as well, even during the days of the original Grande. Infact, the orange Punto mostly seen in wallpapers was exclusive to the Sporting version IIRC.

It used to come with a panoramic sunroof.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 3rd August 2013 at 11:03.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2013, 11:23   #432
BHPian

What an absolutely insanely detailed thread! I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. And now that I'm using a 40" LED as my computer monitor, your baby Punto after the 3m treatment was shining so bright my eyes hurt! Splendid stuff!

I just kept scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and the madness just didn't stop! The true passion of a car owner and enthusiast is captured all the way in your thread. Congratulations!
ByDesign is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2013, 23:12   #433
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Hi Karthik,

Have a look at this
Actually there is nothing original or creative in my Punto's mods, hehe. I have copied everything from the look of the Euro-spec Abarth Punto Evo EsseEsse. Maybe the sporting version is just a non-Abarth sport version of the Punto with the same mod patterns I seem to have copied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
What an absolutely insanely detailed thread! I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. And now that I'm using a 40" LED as my computer monitor, your baby Punto after the 3m treatment was shining so bright my eyes hurt! Splendid stuff!

I just kept scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and the madness just didn't stop! The true passion of a car owner and enthusiast is captured all the way in your thread. Congratulations!
Thanks a lot for the kind words ByDesign. I'm glad you liked reading through my ownership review.
Old 6th August 2013, 23:39   #434
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Actually there is nothing original or creative in my Punto's mods, hehe. I have copied everything from the look of the Euro-spec Abarth Punto Evo EsseEsse. Maybe the sporting version is just a non-Abarth sport version of the Punto with the same mod patterns I seem to have copied.
Sporting is the same Punto with slightly better engine options (IIRC - T-Jet/ 1.6L diesel on the grande and Multiair turbo/1.6L diesel on the Evo), panaromic sunroof, 16 inch wheels, exclusive orange colour and the works.

Kind of a bridge-gap model between Punto range and Abarth range.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 6th August 2013 at 23:43.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 11:57   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naut View Post
lets see if we can arrange a small Jayanagar meet up
Off late Jayanagar spotting's have increased and the above suggestion looks good. Any takers?

MODS please move this to "Team-BHP STICKERS are HERE! Post sightings & pics of them on your car..." thread.

Last edited by sumathindra : 12th August 2013 at 12:00. Reason: edits...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks