Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2013, 16:04   #46

Re: Skoda Yeti 4x2 - Purchase and Initial Ownership Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Sorry I was out of town and have not been looking at this thread. Just saw it and now realize you have booked a 4x2. Congratulations!
========================
I will never consider any kind of alteration of the head unit and other things of that kind.
Thanks for the inputs Shankar. Taking delivery of the black beauty on Wednesday. Time does move slow when you want it to move fast . Just can't wait.

I do rely upon navigation when I drive out on long trips. So far, I had managed it with my android device. I seriously would want to equip the Yeti with a navigation device and a Bluetooth handsfree. Looking at all options currently.

Srini

Will post the pics once I grab my Yeti.
Old 4th March 2013, 18:19   #47
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Good show. All the best.
You would do very well indeed to invest in a high quality MMI type device which has both navigation as well as bluetooth capability.
This is a standalone unit which is certainly better, safer and will not squizz your Skoda warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini09 View Post
Thanks for the inputs Shankar. Taking delivery of the black beauty on Wednesday. Time does move slow when you want it to move fast . Just can't wait.

I do rely upon navigation when I drive out on long trips. So far, I had managed it with my android device. I seriously would want to equip the Yeti with a navigation device and a Bluetooth handsfree. Looking at all options currently.

Srini

Will post the pics once I grab my Yeti.
Old 4th March 2013, 19:16   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

Problem is when you learn that the service people are ignorant. Asking if Yeti is a petrol is just too much! I hope you did mail Skoda.
Not yet jkdas but I will get it done by the coming weekend. It seems even Skoda calls who get the services done as a part of their survey, I am going to have be very blunt on this topic.
Old 4th March 2013, 20:22   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy View Post
It seems even Skoda calls who get the services done as a part of their survey, I am going to have be very blunt on this topic.
Please tell them something new .
BTW, I love surveys, how about you?

Cheers!
Old 31st March 2013, 20:02   #50
BHPian

Car seats are getting really dirty day by day. I do have Meguiar's Gold class polish.cleaner and use it regularly. Still, seats are no longer the fresh they used to be. I don't really like that. Is there a better way to clean seats than using above Meguiar's product? I can not stand the fact that my car seats are not clean.
Old 31st March 2013, 20:24   #51
BANNED

Quote:
Car seats are getting really dirty day by day. I do have Meguiar's Gold class polish.cleaner and use it regularly. Still, seats are no longer the fresh they used to be. I don't really like that. Is there a better way to clean seats than using above Meguiar's product? I can not stand the fact that my car seats are not clean.
I have been using my Yeti daily for a year and four - five months now. It is the only car we have. We drive it everywhere.

I apply the same gold class leather polish on my seats and all the leather bits around twice a month and they are as clean as they ever were!

The only thing I ve lost out on is that nice new Yeti interior smell but I ve kind of developed my own happy fragrance with the usual in car fragrance boxes and a bit of camphor now and then...
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2013, 01:10   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Call some detailer like Kamyo home, and get the leather steamed. It will be as good as new, with the colour perfect and a bit of the softness back of when it was new.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2013, 18:14   #53
BHPian

All, need a bit of help. I am looking to get the wheel arch extensions (Part # 5L0071069 ) installed on by Yeti. I called Autobahn up to see if the part is available and if not can be sourced. It looks like they have no idea what I am talking about. Then I provided part #. They confirmed that now they see it in their system but no idea if they can even get it. I am talking about Autobahn's flagship service center here. Why is there so much lack of knowledge about such a simple thing?

Anyways.. Has anybody got it installed in Mumbai or will mine be the first here. If any of you got it installed with Skoda can I please know the dealer/person's name. I prefer to talk to and get work done from somebody who has done this/seen these before. I don't want them to experiment on this. I know Sunil did it himself... unfortunately I am not that savvy with such a modification.
Old 7th April 2013, 14:01   #54
BHPian

Attachment 1070236
Quote:
All, need a bit of help. I am looking to get the wheel arch extensions (Part # 5L0071069 ) installed on by Yeti. I called Autobahn up to see if the part is available and if not can be sourced. It looks like they have no idea what I am talking about. Then I provided part #. They confirmed that now they see it in their system but no idea if they can even get it. I am talking about Autobahn's flagship service center here. Why is there so much lack of knowledge about such a simple thing?

Anyways.. Has anybody got it installed in Mumbai or will mine be the first here. If any of you got it installed with Skoda can I please know the dealer/person's name. I prefer to talk to and get work done from somebody who has done this/seen these before. I don't want them to experiment on this. I know Sunil did it himself... unfortunately I am not that savvy with such a modification.
Hi,
If you are referring to the fender flares these are available online at superskoda. I had a set for my Octavia RS called for and fixing it is an easy DIY job. Check out the site and you can confirm if this is what you want. I had tried getting these from the SKoda dealers and they had no idea what I was talking about.
See pic of the extensions on my car
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti 4x2 - Purchase and Initial Ownership Experience-lowered.jpg  

Skoda Yeti 4x2 - Purchase and Initial Ownership Experience-car.jpg  

Old 14th April 2013, 08:52   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Call some detailer like Kamyo home, and get the leather steamed. It will be as good as new, with the colour perfect and a bit of the softness back of when it was new.
Good idea indeed. I was thinking of interior detail job like you said once she completes her first year of ownership. I still have 3-4 more months to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Zappa View Post
Attachment 1070236

If you are referring to the fender flares these are available online at superskoda. I had a set for my Octavia RS called for and fixing it is an easy DIY job.

Frank, allow me to go off topic for a second and say Wow! you have 240 BHP Octivia. Hope to bump into you some time to see this beautiful machine.

Yes! that's the same thing you have on your car. They are now called Wheel arch extension. So I have given the part numbers for this and other items like glue, primer etc to skoda service center. They are going to call me back if they can have this procured and installed. I am not much of DIY person when it comes to this. I am pretty sure I will mess it up.
Old 14th April 2013, 10:31   #56
BANNED

Quote:
All, need a bit of help. I am looking to get the wheel arch extensions (Part # 5L0071069 ) installed on by Yeti. Idification.
Sunilrj is the man for this. He got them from the local India dealer but sourced the special glue etc for this from elsewhere.
Suggest you PM him for details.
Getting these wheel arch fender flares mounted is another story entirely. Unless you're a serious DIY-er and a highly experienced one, dont attempt to DIY.
I would take Sunils advice and indeed if ever I were to get these done, I would buy them, take three days off, drive to Mangalore, request Sunil in advance for some of his valuable time and then get it done under his supervision.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 00:25   #57

hello all..
its been over two years reading reviews of new cars and associated threads. Finally i was impressed with the wonderful feedback of yeti that was provided by Fellow Bhpians. It was then i decided to go for Yeti 4x2. i homed on to a used yeti ambition Oct 2012 for a decent deal. And truly the car is simply out of the world. Me and my wife loved it at first sight which is a rare event although.. So far it had been going good for nearly 4K kms+. But last week onwards a rattling sond apart from engine started coming out. I showed it to couple of non skoda mechanic (As nearest auth service centre of Moti Nagar Delhi was under renovation) who gave confirmation of faulty AC compressor. They said that you need to replace the compressor. For info of all, the ac is cooling properly but sometimes it gets switches off automatically and re starts after 10-15 mins.
The present sound comes when engine is running and ac is switched off.. The moment AC is switched on, the sound starts reducing as if being normal. I would need your kind suggestions in case any one has experienced a similar issue earlier and if yes the possible remedies.
I have plans of visiting skoda moti nagar this friday ie 22..
regards.
Old 22nd April 2016, 15:51   #58
Senior - BHPian

I would say, get it assessed with independent Reputed Garage. Any good BOSCH Service centers might also help you exactly with the problem.
Old 28th April 2016, 23:16   #59

i had gone to AC mechanic in Kidwai nagar, Delhi after reading through the FNG thread. They were good at understanding the problem. The noise was gone once they replaced some clutch in the AC compressor unit. They did charge 5700/- bucks for the same. Though the noise was gone, a few days later the ac cooling have also gone away. After speaking to the mechanics, they confirmed of a faulty compressor that needs a replacement. So the expenditure is what is stopping me from going ahead as they are asking for whopping sum of 30,000/- for the compressor.
Old 30th May 2016, 10:44   #60
BHPian

If the car has extended warranty then please take it to an authorised service center. They will replace the compressor under warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks