Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2015, 11:45   #46
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz ZXi – Review and Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Got delivery of my Ritz on Friday and am already on 312 kms.

I had a question. During cold starts in the morning there is a slight humming noise from the engine till the time the rpm is high and then totally goes away along with the rpm settling down at 700 - 800 rpm. Is this noise okay or do I need to worry about something ??
I guess its because of the engine oil being cold. as far as i know, it takes a few kms of run (5-6) for the engine oil to get warm and reach its optimal consistency.

you must have previously noticed that when you re-use the car after a long drive ie. restart it within a gap of 15-20 mins., the car sounds/runs MUCH smoother than the 1st cold run. so i guess thats the real cause. nothing to be worried about.
Old 15th June 2016, 22:00   #47
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz ZXi – Review and Ownership

VVT version mileage is really decent . I have old version 2011 VXI which hardly gives 10.5 -12 kms inside city even without spirited driving .
On highways I have managed 18 kms with AC

Mods, slightly off topic :
This is my only car which had issues right from beginning. After 5 years , she has just completed 19000 kms.

I had clutch issue from day 1 but dealer kept telling me that is normal. When she completed 7000 kms , I had to replace whole clutch assembly. All my other cars are still running on the initial set of clutch , corolla crossing 70000 kms after 9 years. Fortpoint blamed my driving even though I have been telling them about this issue from day 1

First time in my life I had to replace clutch , most of the time I used to sell off my car the moment it touches 50-60k kms.

Just before my extended warranty was about to get over, AC stopped working . Car Kraft (mulund ) inspected and told me to visit Fortpoint and get the ECM replaced . Fort point replaced it and after that I have not faced any issue. Mileage is still same.

I might have received a lemon. I still have clutch issue. I feel that the play/travel setting keeps changing . I have been thinking to sell of this car from past 4 years, but due to low running and practicality it offers it is still lying in my garage.

Other thing i have to mention is about service cost , which is not at all cheap compared with Toyota petrol cars.

Hopefully , you have a wonderful time with your car and we will patiently wait for your travelogue
rahulskumar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks