Team-BHP - Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/134501-review-1st-gen-honda-amaze-2013-a-103.html)

Spotted a yellow number plate amaze on the road today on my way back home on Link road Mumbai. Considering the huge waiting periods for the car was a bit surprised to see it being used as a commercial vehicle!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvrchandra (Post 3234703)

The attachments/images in the above post are not working/opening. Please check and upload them again. Thanks.

Hi Chandra,

I used my mobile app for the above attachments.

I am not sure what went wrong.

Will upload it from my computer as soon as possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by asadjamal (Post 3234774)
Spotted a yellow number plate amaze on the road today on my way back home on Link road Mumbai. Considering the huge waiting periods for the car was a bit surprised to see it being used as a commercial vehicle!

OMG, this scares me. Personally I don't like my amaze to become like Logan (roads saturated with Taxis) or Dzire (roads saturated with taxis and personal cars). One of the reasons I opted for this car is because it is a fresh design.
:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by amazer2013 (Post 3235187)
OMG, this scares me. Personally I don't like my amaze to become like Logan (roads saturated with Taxis) or Dzire (roads saturated with taxis and personal cars). One of the reasons I opted for this car is because it is a fresh design.
:Frustrati

I understand where you are coming for, but my friend, why take stress for something not at all in our control? Your Amaze will continue to look great and serve you well even if there are others running as taxis!

On a different note, if you had gone for the Jazz, you would have been safe on that front. Am yet to see a Jazz being used as a Taxi :D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top-Gear (Post 3235310)

Your Amaze will continue to look great and serve you well even if there are others running as taxis!

I just hope we don't see a fleet of Amaze cars as Ola or Meeru like I see Tab cab Toyotas now days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by asadjamal (Post 3235326)
I just hope we don't see a fleet of Amaze cars as Ola or Meeru like I see Tab cab Toyotas now days.

Why exactly ? This is something unique I have seen in India.
In other countries best cars run as taxis and no body flinches about it.
A car running as fleet means there must be something good about it

Whatever people say about Indica, Indigo , Verito and Etios they are efficient and easy on maintenance so taxi fleets run them

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitk26 (Post 3235450)

Why exactly ?

Just personal preference ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitk26 (Post 3235450)
Why exactly ? This is something unique I have seen in India.
In other countries best cars run as taxis and no body flinches about it.
A car running as fleet means there be mustsomething good about it

whatever people say about Indica, Indigo , Verito and Etios they are efficient and easy on maintenance so taxi fleets run them

I agree wholeheartedly. Those who feel bad about it can take comfort for the fact that in places like Germany, Mercs would very commonly be used as taxis! :D So does that reduce the prestige of the brand?

Quote:

Originally Posted by asadjamal (Post 3235326)

In a way this will be a good advertisement for the car. Cab drivers wouldn't buy something that's not reliable and solidly built.

I don't have a problem in see a fleet of Amaze cabs

New acc prices . Mumbai . Arya Honda . Pretty optimistic pricing. I'll ask for 50 % discount . Or else I'll walk away.
Mods .Sorry for sideways pic . I do not know how to make it straight . Delete post if not allowed .

Name:  ForumRunner_20130912_201038.png
Views: 3752
Size:  938.3 KB

Quote:

Originally Posted by anky (Post 3235794)
New acc prices . Mumbai . Arya Honda . Pretty optimistic pricing. I'll ask for 50 % discount . Or else I'll walk away.
Mods .Sorry for sideways pic . I do not know how to make it straight . Delete post if not allowed .

Linkway Honda quoted me 9800 for reverse cam + sensors and I felt they were expensive!

Don't feel the need for reverse cam . Will buy seat covers if they sell them to me for 50% discount . Or else I'll walk away . Does anyone know if door mirror protectors are necessary ? Prevent the mirror from being stolen maybe ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by anky (Post 3235865)
Does anyone know if door mirror protectors are necessary ? Prevent the mirror from being stolen maybe ?

I am sorry but I could not resist.

Door mirrors are also stolen is it?:Shockked: Is there a lock for protection of the door mirrors?

Door mirror protectors, I thought to prevent from getting scratches from other road users.

Anurag.

No they protect the mirror glass from falling out from the casing. In traffic if a biker accidentally hits it or if someone tries to steal the mirror(glass) . The glass in the mirror is held onto by clips . So some times in traffic if someone by mistake hits the mirror hard then the glass falls out . Or thieves might steal the glass . It is available as an accessory . I have seen it on older Honda's too .

Quote:

Originally Posted by anky (Post 3235963)
No they protect the mirror glass from falling out from the casing. In traffic if a biker accidentally hits it or if someone tries to steal the mirror(glass) . The glass in the mirror is held onto by clips . So some times in traffic if someone by mistake hits the mirror hard then the glass falls out . Or thieves might steal the glass . It is available as an accessory . I have seen it on older Honda's too .

Thanks for the information. This is new to me.:)

Are these available only for the Honda's or all brans have such facilities?

Anurag.