Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2013, 11:03   #16
BHPian

Re: The New Fluidic Oil Burner of our Family - Hyundai Verna 1.6 CRDI SX

Quote:
Originally Posted by trtraj View Post
RazorBlades, how is the handling part beyond 120 kph ? I had liked the verna much but as per the reviews, am looking back with the handling part and went and booked a Ecosport but with 9 months waiting.

It would be helpful if you throw some light on it !!
Hey, with verna post 120 kmph, it feels a bit less confident in the beginning, not sure why maybe because of the sensitive electrical steering or the soft suspension? but trust me the car is stable. its just the feel and I got over it after driving quite a bit. Congrats on the booking, which one the ecoboost?
Old 24th September 2013, 12:20   #17
BHPian

Thank you ! I had booked Titanium Diesel and waiting period really sucks. And also i had a TD on verna, it really shows a different manner in terms of stability post 120kmph. (IMHO) no offense at all, And i think the point you gave is exactly right, the steering is extremely responsive. I love verna as a luxury Sedan !!

In addition I felt like my Figo was far better in that manner, i had done 145 and never felt a floating feel.

So still my confusion continues. :(

Now am Thinking all the cars in 10 ~ 12 lacs (OTR) bracket once again.
Old 26th September 2013, 12:23   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trtraj View Post
In addition I felt like my Figo was far better in that manner, i had done 145 and never felt a floating feel.

So still my confusion continues. :(

Now am Thinking all the cars in 10 ~ 12 lacs (OTR) bracket once again.
Yes, very true. Nothing like driving a ford! I had a ikon 1.6 sxi, and it still is a fun car when compared to verna in terms of handling.

I know the frustration been there. I am in the same situation to get my dad a new car
Old 4th November 2013, 20:06   #19
BHPian

Just did my first long drive in my verna. 1000 kms of pure fun. The car handled brilliantly shattering all my doubts with high speed stability. I wanted to check the stability and stretched it till 170 kmph and the car is very stable! The acceleration is adrenaline pumping!

I had got an average of 21.5 with good spirited driving with a bit of heavy foot. I tried a sample best mileage run for about 20 kms and i got an efficiency of 25.3 kmpl. ( Ideal conditions, good highway, no braking, steady speed (70-80) with no sudden acceleration) All with AC on.

Did not feel tired after driving for about 400 kms straight in 5 hours.

Last edited by razorBlades : 4th November 2013 at 20:07.
Old 5th November 2013, 09:57   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorBlades View Post
I had got an average of 21.5 with good spirited driving with a bit of heavy foot. I tried a sample best mileage run for about 20 kms and i got an efficiency of 25.3 kmpl. ( Ideal conditions, good highway, no braking, steady speed (70-80) with no sudden acceleration) All with AC on.

Did not feel tired after driving for about 400 kms straight in 5 hours.
First off, congrats on the new ride.

I am seriously contemplating an oil burner and this one is on the top of the list, now the primary reasons in my case is to deal with the diesel FE, my car, lets say is not know for its FE reasons [Octavia VRS].

If you would not mind commenting on the FE bits under specific conditions, please bear with me if it sounds a bit too daft.

1. Does the car offer Distance to Empty and does it vary under specific driving conditions.

2. How is it drive in choco bloc traffic conditions - comment on clutch feel and does sudden acceleration affect mileage, mine varies extensively here.

Other questions -

3. This car is for my wife, steering feel [does it feel the same at all speeds or does it weigh up under low speeds] and we also are in the process of welcoming a kid, if you could please share a picture of the boot.

4. Did you opt for the multiple airbags option and may be you already answered - does it get 4 disc brakes ?

Many thanks for your time.

Best - ML
Old 5th November 2013, 10:08   #21
BHPian

Sorry for barging in, couldnt stop myself from answering your queries.

All the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post

I am seriously contemplating an oil burner and this one is on the top of the list, now the primary reasons in my case is to deal with the diesel FE, my car, lets say is not know for its FE reasons [Octavia VRS].

If you would not mind commenting on the FE bits under specific conditions, please bear with me if it sounds a bit too daft.

1. Does the car offer Distance to Empty and does it vary under specific driving conditions.

Yes it does. It also offers instant fuel cnsumption and average fuel consumption figures. The latter 2 vary according to driving conditions, not sure about distance to empty.

2. How is it drive in choco bloc traffic conditions - comment on clutch feel and does sudden acceleration affect mileage, mine varies extensively here.
I have this car for more than a year now and I drive daily from Delhi to Gurgaon in peak traffic. It give a FE of around 15-16 with climate control set a 24 degrees all the time. On the highway, with sedate driving and the 6th gear it manages 20 km/ltr easily.
Clutch is very soft by diesel standards.
Other questions -

3. This car is for my wife, steering feel [does it feel the same at all speeds or does it weigh up under low speeds] and we also are in the process of welcoming a kid, if you could please share a picture of the boot.
Atleast i feel that the steering feel the same at all speeds. Have never drive it past 130 though. Boot is very big and shoud be sufficient, you can easily get a picture if you look up on the internet.

4. Did you opt for the multiple airbags option and may be you already answered - does it get 4 disc brakes ?
You can get 6 airbags in SX(O). Yes, 4 disc brakes are also there.

Best - ML
revved_up is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2013, 11:43   #22
BHPian

Thanks revved_up

Hello ML,

I completely agree with revved_up on all the points. Few from my opinion below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post

I will have a check on the changes in distance to empty. But these figures are shouted by the car computer and have to check if its precise with manual tank-up to tank-up mileage check. will report here when i get a chance to do it.

Clutch feels soft in my opinion, which is good for traffic. Sudden acceleration will always affect the mileage.

Other questions -

The boot is big. I just carried a 42" Sony Bravia along with 4-5 bags in the boot.

I was inclined with 6 air bags but its mostly just 2 of us driving and if you have air bags in the seat (I think its the case with verna), you can not opt for seat covers (I was told). So I did not go for the optional version.

Best - ML
All the best.

Last edited by razorBlades : 5th November 2013 at 11:45.
Old 2nd December 2013, 12:21   #23
BHPian

Got the right side RVM broken today! A stupid tempo driver overtook me on the opposite lane and suddenly barged into me due to oncoming traffic!

Any idea how much would it cost to get it replaced?
Old 2nd December 2013, 12:38   #24
BHPian

Think this should set you back by about 4K, including part and painting charges.
Old 2nd December 2013, 13:38   #25
BHPian

Ohh damn! Actually, I checked the damage and it seems only the cap which is behind the RVM is gone.. I tried to assemble the RVM and it fitted and working fine.. the below is the image..,

Will this be available separately?

Thanks for your reply
Attached Images

Old 2nd December 2013, 13:43   #26
BHPian

Nope, this is not available separately from HMIL. But it might be available in a junk market. Dont know about Chennai, but in Delhi, you might get it in Mayapuri or Jama Masjid Market.
Old 3rd December 2013, 12:37   #27
BHPian

Enquired with HMP, chennai and they quoted 5800 with painting. Asked a local dealer and he said it will cost around 2800 without the body color paint.

Instead I was thinking of getting this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrome-Side-...61380#payCntId
Old 3rd December 2013, 12:52   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Enquired with HMP, chennai and they quoted 5800 with painting. Asked a local dealer and he said it will cost around 2800 without the body color paint.

Instead I was thinking of getting this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrome-Side-...61380#payCntId
Apart from how the chrome looks(subjective), this may not fit without the orignal cover is already present. You might want to verify that before taking the plunge.

My suggestion is to get it from the local dealer and save some money.
Old 20th January 2014, 12:21   #29
BHPian

Just back from a 1600kms drive to Alleppey.. Car performed well except few notches.

There was a very annoying rattling sound coming from the driver side dash inside the instrument console.
After driving for a long time, the gear shifts from 2nd to 3rd made a loud noise. Not sure why, but only from 2nd to 3rd the issue was there.
Thud sounds from the rear suspension and the drive at the rear was very spongy. When drove over the speed breakers, the rear feels very light and because of the spongy suspension, it was a bit uncomfortable to sit at the back when the roads are uneven.

Are any of these alarming?

I got a nice mileage of 21.5 for the drive between erode->chennai (400+ kms).

PS: Still have not got the right side mirror cap fixed. Have left it to break a little more and replace the whole assembly at the ASS.
Old 19th March 2015, 13:59   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just back from a 1600kms drive to Alleppey.. Car performed well except few notches.

There was a very annoying rattling sound coming from the driver side dash inside the instrument console.
After driving for a long time, the gear shifts from 2nd to 3rd made a loud noise. Not sure why, but only from 2nd to 3rd the issue was there.
Thud sounds from the rear suspension and the drive at the rear was very spongy. When drove over the speed breakers, the rear feels very light and because of the spongy suspension, it was a bit uncomfortable to sit at the back when the roads are uneven.

Are any of these alarming?

I got a nice mileage of 21.5 for the drive between erode->chennai (400+ kms).

PS: Still have not got the right side mirror cap fixed. Have left it to break a little more and replace the whole assembly at the ASS.
Hi Razor,hows the oil burner doing? No updates since long time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks