Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2014, 12:52   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year, 15580kms done !!!

Was great bumping into you today at Motoshines Rishi! Was pleasantly surprised to roll up behind a fellow BHP-ian and I kind of figured out it was you when I saw the Silver Hawk.

Do put up some photos of the beauty post the tender loving care showered by Motoshines on her (him?). And just by the way, how much did the interior-exterior detailing cost you?
Old 11th May 2014, 16:32   #62
BHPian

Re: Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic : Detailing via Motoshine

The silver hawk completed 1 year and for her 1st birthday thought of giving her a good detailing to make it feel as good as new. Based on the recommendations of fellow bhpians I opted to try out Motoshine at SakiNaka.
I called them a previous day to get the pricing and process. the person was very courteous and provided all the information along with the time it would took.
I did the booking on the phone and on reaching the venue was impressed to see that they were aware and ready to start the work on the silverhawk.

The detailing included interior and exterior and the time quoted was 5 hours.

When the work started I was pretty amazed to see the dirt and dust coming from the places where you can never think about. There was a crew of 6 -7 people working inside and outside of the car to complete the detailing. Very professional people and would recommend to people who want to get their detailing done. They have 2 outlets one in sakinaka and the other being in Worli.

Cost: I took the platinum package and the total came out to be Rs. 6900 (included service tax charge of Credit Card). I would recommend taking cash which bring the cost down to 6100.

Time Taken: The work was completed in 4 hours,
Facilities: They have a waiting room (Air conditioned) and a TV at your disposal to watch anything .

Spotting:
1) Was nice to meet Karan in his Jetta at Motoshine who had come for removal of a minor scratch on the car. We discussed for a few moments on the famous topics (what else cars).
2) Saw Fat boy (Harley Davidson) coming in there for detailing. It was a beast but a beauty you cant turn your eyes away and going to stare for good amount of time.

Posting few pictures of before and after how the hawk looks. The beast is back as just came out of the showroom.
I am thinking to have this done twice a year to ensure the car shine remains as good as new along with that the dust and dirt in weirdest of the places get removed. (used camera phone so the resolution would not be that great)
Attached Thumbnails
Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!-image.jpeg  

Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!-image_1.jpeg  

Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!-image_2.jpeg  

Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!-image_3.jpeg  

Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!-image_4.jpeg  

Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!-image_5.jpeg  

Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!-image_6.jpeg  

Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!-image_7.jpeg  

Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!-image_8.jpeg  

Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!-image_9.jpeg  

Last edited by RishiSuri : 11th May 2014 at 16:35. Reason: missed updating about fat boy
Old 12th May 2014, 12:40   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year, 15580kms done !!!

Rishi, congratulations on completing 1 year and doing a reasonable good number of kms on the odometer

I have been following your thread and glad to note like me there is no major problems reported till date

Thats a sweet gift that you gave her on her 1st birthday. But, those pictures simply dont do justice at all

Do post some better pictures to get an understanding of the work done as simply cannot make anything out from the ones you posted !!!

Keep enjoying the Cruze !!!
Old 31st May 2014, 16:55   #64
BHPian

Re: Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE 1st year servicing details

After completing a satisfied and contend journey of 1 year on the silver hawk it was time to give it a duly required servicing , as recommended by the company.
Preferred service station: JMD Sakinaka.

An appointment was fixed and on arriving was greeted well. The Service Advisor debriefed and inspected the cars and inquired any issues with the car.
Smilingly none barring the A/C was little less in cooling and the blower speed was seems to be slower than usual. The service advisor noted down to check if it requires any cleaning and will do the same.

Haunted route Sakinaka? every time I have taken my car to saki naka be it for personal use or to service station there has been a puncture in my car tyre.
To add more fire to it, the things/ objects are getting bolder than previous ones. Earlier it used to be nails and this time it was a bolt.

Anyhow, the service advisor provided the estimate of 14K, initially I thought that's too much but when reviewed it looked worth it and gave my go ahead.

Road side assistance service: I also took the road side assistance service from Chevrolet for 1000Rs per year. This includes towing, breakdown, fuel , car locked down and cant open it and emergency assistance. I trust the car but you can never predict the conditions of the road or the other person driving that may lead you to stranded. hence went for it.

Actual bill came out to be :13407 and after paying 2% tax for using credit card (who carries so much cash in their pocket?) the total was 13607 (pretty close to what was estimated).

Details of the servicing in terms of things done:
1) Engine oil
2) Filter Fuel
3) wheel weight
4) filter kit oil
5) wheel alignment
6) wheel balancing
7) brake bleeding
8) tyre puncture

I was impressed to see that JMD also has its nitro filling station and they topped up my tyres after fixing the puncture in one.

Post servicing:
Drove 11 odd kms and felt the car really smooth as compared to driving earlier. The polishing of the dashboard by service center gives it a new look everytime.

I guess I need to take it for a long drive.
RishiSuri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 21:04   #65
Senior - BHPian

Dont know how i missed your thread. Great to see you capture all the details here. Would want to check your car out in detail whenever we get time.

Motoshines is really good and good to know that you are happy with them. They sure do a stellar job.

Wishing you a lot of happy miles.

Last edited by Desmosedici : 3rd June 2014 at 21:19.
Old 4th June 2014, 08:54   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Dont know how i missed your thread. Great to see you capture all the details here. Would want to check your car out in detail whenever we get time.

Motoshines is really good and good to know that you are happy with them. They sure do a stellar job.

Wishing you a lot of happy miles.

Sure we can definetly plan out via our regular meet (which i came only once), zombie drive or the much famous swapnils monsoon drive.

I agree motoshine did a good job the car looks as good as right out of showroom .
Old 10th August 2014, 17:29   #67
BHPian

The menace of bikes and cycles continues to prevail in the city. In last 1 month there have been 2 minor accidents just because of these 2 wheelers and the so called heros driving them never follow a basic rule "Lane driving is Sane Driving".

3 weeks back a person on his bicycle purposely crosses from left and stops right in the middle of the entrance of my wife's office building. result, a minor scratch on the passenger door (luckily not clearly visible).

the 2nd one happened yesterday while i was trying to enter from side lane onto the main road. I was on complete halt and seeing no one is coming in the lane i am trying to enter, i make a turn and BANG!. this bike fellow wants to move from extreme right lane into the extreme left lane for no good reason. Result: My number plate totally twisted, comes off and minor scratch on front.
Drove the car without the front number plate and eventually called mechanic at home who did a nice job of creating holes in the plate and putting a screw in it. Though the frame is broken from left front i am in no mood to replace it knowing these maniacs are gonna hit it somewhere sometime.

I seriously wonder where are we heading with no discipline or respect on the road.
Old 18th August 2014, 15:51   #68
BHPian

With a long weekend from August 15 to August 18 it was a perfect moment to go on a day trip.
I purposely didn't venture out on 15th or 14 th as I knew it would be chaos on road.
Since it was a day trip I had limited options and was hearing a lot about Pali few kms ahead of Adlabs imagica.
It was said the roads are good and would love the green pastures , natural beauty.

So the hawk went on a day trip to Pali and the experience was good. The roads and the scenic views were amazing there were some nice curves on which the beast handled well.
The only concern I had was on the road to Adlabs imagica the craters were so big I could hear the internal parts of the car ( sitting area) making noises .
In the end a good 200 kms ride .
Sharing few pics of the roads and natural greenery

Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1408357207.136157.jpg

Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1408357220.850934.jpg

Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1408357232.566889.jpg

Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1408357252.784147.jpg

Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1408357262.785831.jpg

Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1408357277.100009.jpg

Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1408357287.218184.jpg

Last edited by bblost : 18th August 2014 at 16:33. Reason: Aligned the Images. Thanks.
Old 20th September 2014, 18:31   #69
BHPian

Hand Brake issue

Hi,
A new issue was observed in the car when I outstation and had parked the car idle with hand brake pulled for 7 days.
After returning from my outstation trip, I took out my car for a drive. I turned on the ignition and pulled down the hand brake and pressed the accelerator. To my dismay the car will not move, I pressed the accelerator pedal hard and I hear a big cracking noise.

The noise was scary and what I observed my rear left tyre had got locked and would not move. I reversed and moved the car ahead, and after few scary cracking noise the tyre started to move but could hear weird noises.

I drove the car around the block and surprisingly the noise went away.

Fellow Cruzians, have you observed this issue in your car? What I could see was rust marks in the disc and I am wondering have the brake shoe rusted?

I am planning to take the car to service station and ask the real problem. As a precautionary measure I am not pulling the hand brake when I park the car in house(it is actually not needed since I park on flat surface which has a little incline, but tyres never are on incline still being in P the car will not move)
I will update the group if I hear what the GM motor servicemen have to say.
Old 20th September 2014, 19:32   #70
Senior - BHPian

Re: Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!

Rishi. Don't worry. This is not anything to worry about. Mechanical parts go through maximum wear and tear when they are not used! Surprisingly!
7 days of being parked on an incline put excessive stresses on the parking brake of your stationery car and jammed it. When you drove off with it, you un-jammed it by driving off with it slowly.
Your brakes should not be jamming, as such, though and this issue, if it repeats itself daily, then must be shown to the service guys.

Last edited by Aditya : 13th October 2014 at 12:42.
Old 21st September 2014, 10:45   #71
BHPian

Re: Hand Brake issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishiSuri View Post
Hi,
A new issue was observed in the car when I outstation and had parked the car idle with hand brake pulled for 7 days.
After returning from my outstation trip, I took out my car for a drive. I turned on the ignition and pulled down the hand brake and pressed the accelerator. To my dismay the car will not move, I pressed the accelerator pedal hard and I hear a big cracking noise.

The noise was scary and what I observed my rear left tyre had got locked and would not move. I reversed and moved the car ahead, and after few scary cracking noise the tyre started to move but could hear weird noises.

I drove the car around the block and surprisingly the noise went away.

Fellow Cruzians, have you observed this issue in your car? What I could see was rust marks in the disc and I am wondering have the brake shoe rusted?

I am planning to take the car to service station and ask the real problem. As a precautionary measure I am not pulling the hand brake when I park the car in house(it is actually not needed since I park on flat surface which has a little incline, but tyres never are on incline still being in P the car will not move)
I will update the group if I hear what the GM motor servicemen have to say.
Same issue here Rishi with my cruze too,after washing the car and wheels, the next day, the wheels got locked and would not budge an inch even after hard acceleration.After some minutes of trying, the brakes gave way with a loud crackling noise,many have reported the same problem,nothing to worry though.
Old 21st September 2014, 18:08   #72
BHPian

Re: Hand Brake issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindrider2626 View Post
Same issue here Rishi with my cruze too,after washing the car and wheels, the next day, the wheels got locked and would not budge an inch even after hard acceleration.After some minutes of trying, the brakes gave way with a loud crackling noise,many have reported the same problem,nothing to worry though.
Hi,
Thanks for the information, I did show my car to Service agent of Chevy and they also stated that is a known problem primarily due to moist that the brakes lock up and the only way to free them up is driving the car slowly with the cracking noise till it frees up. Nothing to worry about.
Old 21st September 2014, 18:17   #73
BHPian

JMD Kurla West: will not recommend for Chevy owners

Hi,
I am not sure if Chevy owners in Western Mumbai are aware that JMD has moved their Service center from Saki Naka to Kurla West.
I had a chance to go to their service station and was astonished to see such a pathetic place it is when compared to Saki Naka.
The entrance to the service station is a door of chawl. There is no free space to drive in the car, the cars are parked around the sides leaving no space for you to drive in. There are kids playing in the passage with sticks and not sure if how many of those will be scratching the cars when playing.

The residents of chawl purposely block the passage to get in argument so that they can mint money. To reach Kurla is a nightmare as well.

I strongly not recommend to go to Kurla west for servicing despite they have good engineers just for the primary reason of safety of not only yours but the car as well.
Old 28th October 2014, 18:47   #74
BHPian

Re: Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!

Hi,
Sharing the statistics of the car in terms of mileage and daily use (cost/ kms/ average) of my car for last 20 months.
Car has been running smooth with no issues with exception of 2 accidents .
Attached Thumbnails
Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!-image1.jpg  

Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!-image2.jpg  

Last edited by RishiSuri : 28th October 2014 at 18:50. Reason: png extension of images not being supported
RishiSuri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 16:55   #75
BHPian

Hi , has any fellow cruze owners observed this message?
I see this when the car is turned on and you press the menu button on the right side ( indicator lever).
Please do let me know , I will also try to search in Manual or Google to understand its meaning .

Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1414581944.257226.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks