Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2014, 16:57   #76
Senior - BHPian

Click the selector button on the right side of the headlights stalk.
This allows you to set miles and km and other units.
Also allows you to change language.
Old 30th October 2014, 08:30   #77
BHPian

Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishiSuri View Post
Hi,

Thanks for the information, I did show my car to Service agent of Chevy and they also stated that is a known problem primarily due to moist that the brakes lock up and the only way to free them up is driving the car slowly with the cracking noise till it frees up. Nothing to worry about.

It happens with many cars. The thumb rule is driving the car a bit after washing so that water accumulated on discs and between pad and disc dries up and then park for night.
And if you are parking your car for a while dont keep it on handbrakes as they can stick. Keep it in gear for manual and in P for automatic. You can keep bricks in front and rear pf any wheel to keep it from rolling.

Last edited by sinhsha : 30th October 2014 at 08:33.
Old 12th November 2014, 19:22   #78
BHPian

Re: Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!

Hi,

I went on a round tip to Lonavla (around 195- 200 Kms) on 8th-9th November. it was a pleasure driving the car for a change when there was hardly any traffic be in city or highway.

The car managed pretty well and was bliss driving on 3 digit speeds (with caution and sticking in the lane). While climbing the ghats was surprised to see E250 was not able to push the car from stand still to climb the ghat however Cruze was able to push and overtake not only the Merc but other 2 cars which were ahead . And again there was no extra push on the accelerator required to do the same.

While returning it was again sheer bliss with empty highway and city roads. There were few cars that were speeding like crazy (superb, Merc) depsite being tempted, sticked to lane driving and a good speed to enjoy the cars smooth ride.

The car has done 17700+ kms and still feel as new.
Old 2nd December 2014, 19:42   #79
BHPian

850Kms road trip to Gujarat

On a regular basis i do travel to gujarat and as always prefer road trip instead of train. The sole reason is to enjoy the highway NH8 that connects to gujarat and of course letting loose the beast to have some fun on the road.

This trip the car had occupancy of 4 and the boot was filled up to the max. The trip had to do Mumbai ,Bharuch, Vadodra, Bharuch and Mumbai. Total distance of 850 Kms.

After ages did a night drive of 80 odd kms from Bharuch to Baroda , the roads were amazing smooth and tempting but you cannot trust the truck drivers and people who never believe in the concept of lane driving is sane driving. So had to be cautious and control my temptation of hitting the pedal and drove steadily on 80-90 and with total caution to reduce speed at intersections or any cuts given for people to make U turn on highway.

Before the travel 3 days earlier to be more precise, i did had got the nitro checked and topped it to 32. During the drive to Bharuch and then in the night to Baroda i felt the car is not able to pick up and was loosing a bit of power. Did discuss with my fellow whatsapp group of team bhp and all said do check the tyre pressure before hitting the service station.

Was lucky to find nitro station right next to the place i was living and was surprised to see a drop of 2 pfs within 5 days in all 3 tyres. It could be possiblilty that when topping up in Mumbai the car had already travelled an hour and might have increased the pressure. Post the top up the car was back to its original.

The roads of Gujarat highway are splendid but the moment you enter the interiors its no different than the craters we have in Mumbai. narrower roads no obeying of traffic rules, its hard to decide whether i am driving on the wrong side or right side (people drive wherever they feel like).

PS: i saw a MH registered swift dzire driving on highway in opposite direction that too in the fast lane just to save 5 minutes of U turn ahead. I am not sure why people risk so many lives just for saving a few minutes.

in an all a nice road trip some more miles on the beast and giving her the freedom to let loose than everday getting stuck in bumper to bumper traffice
RishiSuri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2014, 19:18   #80
Senior - BHPian

Re: Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!

Nice read, I too am a fellow chevy (smaller hatch ) owner.

Remember - always fill air when tyres are cold (recomended psi #s are cold, not hot). 30 cold goes upto 40 in my exp when hot.

Also, fill fuel in mornings (google for it), petroleum products are dense when cold, less dense when hot in noons...
Old 3rd December 2014, 19:34   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Nice read, I too am a fellow chevy (smaller hatch ) owner.

Remember - always fill air when tyres are cold (recomended psi #s are cold, not hot). 30 cold goes upto 40 in my exp when hot.

Also, fill fuel in mornings (google for it), petroleum products are dense when cold, less dense when hot in noons...

Thanks Santosh for the recommendation. My brother used to work for a leading petroluem company and he did gave me the advice to fill fuel early morning or late night and hence as a standard practice i only fill during these time of day unless emergency.
Old 12th December 2014, 12:20   #82
BHPian

Re: Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : Battery Fuse Box goes bust

The car had another issue not sure if others have had it. The car was running perfectly fine and no issues with starting it on cold days/ nights.

The car was washed and i parked the car back in the garage. After 1 hour i try to start the car and it would not. The battery was working fine as all the controls were working, there was display in the console, power window and mirrors were working. The only problem the car would not start.

So i called the 24 hours road side assistance and they stated the battery Fuse box has gone bust and needs to be replaced. I had to get my car serviced hence called the driver and scheduled an appointment for servicing and replacement of the Fuse box as well.
The road side assistance person stated this might be under warranty and might get replaced free of charge.
The pain i had in scheduling service/ getting driver from workshop and sending car for repair and all is totally a different story and i will update once the car comes back from service.
I could not take the picture so i searched on the internet and posting it for reference the thing which lead to this issue.
Anyone else has encountered this issue in their Cruze or any car which has a similar type of ignition?

I am waiting for a call from Service Center to know the outcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!-ecuo.jpg  

Old 23rd December 2014, 16:23   #83
BHPian

Updates on the 3rd servicing and issue of ignition.

The car was sent on 12th December for fixing the issue as well as for servicing. The 24x7 support guy stated fuse box has gone and needs to be replaced. So our great Service Engineer tries to recreate the issue for 7 days without any luck.
The engineer had no courtesy to call and update, and above all never calls backs or picks up the phone.
Escalated to Manager on the phone but you know how India works.. they assure you on phone when in reality they do nothing.
I lost my patience on 6th day and without informing gave a surprise visit to the workshop. The car was kept and being investigated. Had a good one on one with the Manager and staff engineer and was assured that the car will be delivered the same day.
When probed did you found the solution, the response was sir we could not. Then i asked so what have you done so that the issue doesnt re-occur. The response came, Sir what we have done whatever is associated in starting the car has been changed.
In short they replaced:
1) Fuse Box
2) Starter
3) Battery.

All are under warranty except Battery and they said will call me regularly to see if issue persists. I am surprised the warranty is for 2 years then why place a battery with 1 year warranty in car?

Had a horrifying experience and i am in serious doubts and concern now take my car for servicing where? have heard equally great about the service station in Jogeshwari West.

Total cost of servicing was Rs.2150.
Old 16th January 2015, 08:58   #84
BHPian

Updates on the car starting issue:

The battery that was originally in my car was temporarily placed in the showrooms Demo car. After 5 days i get a call from the showroom stating the similar issue is now coming in their car as well. The outcome was there is issue in the battery hence it needs to be replaced with a new one.

For Cruze there are only 2 batteries that can be purchased
1) AC Delco : GM brand , 18 months warranty
2) Exide: 12 months warranty on the bill alone no separate warranty card.

I inquired from the showroom the price for the above 2 it was 3-4000 more than what was available in market.
I opted for going with Exide Battery since the brand is known and being cheaper than AC Delco as well.
Pretty strange to know limited options available in battery and above all the car comes with standard 2 year warranty but the battery being provided is only for 1 year or 1.5 years?

If you get your battery replaced from outside it does not cause any issue in the warranty or servicing from the showroom.

Thought of sharing with the fellow cruzeians the information.
Old 19th January 2015, 20:05   #85
BHPian

Hi Silver Hawk, i had to replace my factory fitted battery (AC Delco) too with just around < 20K kms on odo. i did replace it however with Amaron, and if i remember correctly i think it came with a warranty of 3 years + 2 additional years on pro-rated basis. ACtually it was cheaper than the Exide one.
Old 19th January 2015, 22:07   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzeLiner View Post
Hi Silver Hawk, i had to replace my factory fitted battery (AC Delco) too with just around < 20K kms on odo. i did replace it however with Amaron, and if i remember correctly i think it came with a warranty of 3 years + 2 additional years on pro-rated basis. ACtually it was cheaper than the Exide one.
Amaron website do not show any compatible battery for cruze. Can you please share the battery model details?
My cruze is showing signs of aging battery. The motors struggles during morning starts.
Old 20th January 2015, 08:19   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
Amaron website do not show any compatible battery for cruze. Can you please share the battery model details?
My cruze is showing signs of aging battery. The motors struggles during morning starts.

Here are the details of the 2 batteries:
1) AC delco DIN80: Battery capacity 80Ah, Dimensions: 315x175x190, Warranty : 18 months, Acid Level Indicator: none, Battery Layout: Left Layout

2) Exide DIN80 (MF): capacity: 80Ah, Maintenance Free: Yes, Warranty : 12 months, Battery Layout: Left Layout

I went for Exide for 2 reasons, 1) Known Brand, 2) cheaper. the only con was it has 12 months warranty when compared with AC Delco
Old 20th January 2015, 09:13   #88
Senior - BHPian

I've bought the AC Delco, purely because of my hatred for Exide. The AC Delco battery is used by GM as the OEM for their cars all over the world. In fact, the AC Delco even comes with GM branding on it.
Old 20th January 2015, 10:37   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
sure. will check today and let you know.. it has been almost 2 years and havent faced any issues with the battery. once there was an issue where i think it was my fault, that i left the interior lights on, so it got drained but it was immediately attended by Amaron support. so overall satisfied.
CruzeLiner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2015, 11:43   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzeLiner View Post
once there was an issue where i think it was my fault, that i left the interior lights on, so it got drained
Doesn't the Cruze have the battery saver option where all electrically operated sub-components (apart from the hazard lights) automatically switch off after 10 minutes? It could be the interior lights are also exempt from this rule for (maybe) safety-related reasons.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks