Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2015, 12:21   #91
BHPian

Re: Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Doesn't the Cruze have the battery saver option where all electrically operated sub-components (apart from the hazard lights) automatically switch off after 10 minutes? It could be the interior lights are also exempt from this rule for (maybe) safety-related reasons.
May be because I didn't (and still don't) know the exact reason why it got drained. One morning I was trying to start and the car wont start and none of the electrical items like lights would come up. So I just assumed it was my fault and that's what even the A.S.S told me as most probable reasons and the fact that after the recharge by Amaron guys, that this problem got rectified and never repeated, I feel more convinced about that being the cause. But wasn't actually able to find the exact reason till date and didn't bother much either since everything was working fine ever since
Old 21st January 2015, 22:02   #92
BHPian

Re: Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishiSuri View Post
Here are the details of the 2 batteries:
1) AC delco DIN80: Battery capacity 80Ah, Dimensions: 315x175x190, Warranty : 18 months, Acid Level Indicator: none, Battery Layout: Left Layout

2) Exide DIN80 (MF): capacity: 80Ah, Maintenance Free: Yes, Warranty : 12 months, Battery Layout: Left Layout

I went for Exide for 2 reasons, 1) Known Brand, 2) cheaper. the only con was it has 12 months warranty when compared with AC Delco
Thank you RishiSuri. But I'm inclined towards Amaron if it is available for cruze. AC delco initially had issues and was replaced by recall with Exide. Exide has only 12 months warranty. So I guess, Amaron would be a better choice.

I have a question though. Why is Cruze battery expensive? I bought Amaron for my Safari for ~5.5k. Cruze battery is 10K. Is it technically different or is it just due to shape and availability?
Old 21st January 2015, 22:53   #93
Senior - BHPian

Because it's a din80 battery. The lesser available products always attract a premium in india.
Old 23rd January 2015, 08:57   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
Thank you RishiSuri. But I'm inclined towards Amaron if it is available for cruze. AC delco initially had issues and was replaced by recall with Exide. Exide has only 12 months warranty. So I guess, Amaron would be a better choice.

I have a question though. Why is Cruze battery expensive? I bought Amaron for my Safari for ~5.5k. Cruze battery is 10K. Is it technically different or is it just due to shape and availability?

Frank Mehta has provided the reason for the increase in price . I am not sure if Amaron battery is available for cruze . A friend of mine provided me a website link that helped me see the options n best price for the battery in my city.
You can try this website and see if Amaron is available in your city along with the price . This website quotes of delivering for free at your home .
Www.batterybhai.com
Old 26th January 2015, 18:47   #95
BHPian

Hi, With the weather being nice (so called winters of Maharashtra) and the season of wine production ( Jan to March) in Nasik, it was a perfect excuse to do a road trip to Nasik and visit Sula vines.

The distance from Mumbai to Sula vineyards is approximately 190-200 odd kms one sided. with 3 tolls : Mulund, one before Kalyan and the one Mumbai Nasik express way.
The date chosen was perfect as due to long weekend people had already left for their destinations so a day after a road trip turned out to be lucky as roads were pretty empty.
It took me 3 hours to reach Sula vines. The tire pressure was low (could not get nitro filled in tires) despite that the beast performed exceptionally well (the PS was 29-30 in all tires and the ideal to be maintained is 32). Even with the low pressure the car showed no signs of loss in power or missing grip on the road especially when it was trying to overtake few cars around the ghats.

I tried to make the car reach its next milestone of 20K but still short of 300 kms, that would be achieved only in the city driving that too in regular office commute.
The next long road trip is already planned for month of February. I will keep you posted on how that went. Apologies not covering the minute details, the reason being , when behind the wheels of this car, you forget to worry or track what mileage, or what speed you are on. The car is sheer drivers pleasure and you get so engrossed in enjoying the drive.

Happy to choose this car
Old 29th January 2015, 20:15   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzeLiner View Post
sure. will check today and let you know.. it has been almost 2 years and havent faced any issues with the battery. once there was an issue where i think it was my fault, that i left the interior lights on, so it got drained but it was immediately attended by Amaron support. so overall satisfied.
Hello Cruzeliner, Did you get a chance to check the battery details? Is it DIN74?

I went to Amaron exclusive showroom today and they showed me a DIN74 battery that is compatible with Cruze. No modifications required and Warranty is 5yrs 30M(Replacement)+30M(Pro-rata).
But the only catch is that it is 74AH while Cruze OEM is 80AH. They assured that 6AH will not make a difference and they have installed the same to many Cruze cars without any issues. I am thinking of buying it. What do you guys suggest?

DIN 74 is used in similar cars like Skoda Octavia/Superb 2.0D, VW Passat Diesel etc.
Old 29th January 2015, 21:04   #97
BHPian

yes, i think it is DIN 74. i did check the battery and it does say 150A min and 660A max, and for Amaron PRO batteries available, this is the one that matches this rating, so i guess its that one. Havent faced any issues with this battery till date, though i haven't fixed anything in addition to OEM equipment e.g. high wattage lights, AMP etc. so in case you are using any additional electrical equipment in your car, i would suggest you double check with the provider. hope this helps..
Old 4th February 2015, 17:41   #98
BHPian

Re: Error Code 82

While driving the car today suddenly in the driver display i see error Code 82 being displayed. I googled and talked to my Service Manager and the code represents Oil exhaustion warning.
Pretty strange that the car is yet to touch 20,000Km mark and it suddenly out of the blue started showing this warning when it has gone through servicing 2 months back.
The Servicing Manager informed that via Scanner they need to see the true issue and if needed will be able to reset that error code. When i asked can i reset the error code remotely (i could do that in my 2010 Corolla) he said nope it has to be done at the Service Center via the machine.

I have asked them to send a driver and take my car for inspection tomorrow. I will update what the finding was.
Old 5th February 2015, 16:00   #99
BHPian

Update related to Error Code 82: The Service guy verified and the oil change is not required. Why it suddenly popped out is still a mystery. However he has reset it in order for it not to appear.

Though i wish i could go in person and see what was done, but the service station is in Kurla and the approach is pain staking. The service station provides the facility of sending a driver to pick your car, get it serviced/repaired and be dropped back, why not avail and save from the pain of driving to that congested area.
Old 6th February 2015, 16:53   #100
BHPian

Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 21 months & 20,00 kms done !!!

Today the Silver Hawk crossed the 20,000 Kms mark. The time taken to reach this number is 21 months.
Till date there have been no major mechanical issues. The car has been giving the joy and pleasure of driving since day 1 and truly being a driver's car.
Out of the 20,000Kms done 8000kms odd have been on highway.
I am posting few pics showing the achievement figure, the statistics of the car running in these 21 months.
Attached Thumbnails
Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!-img_3342.jpg  

Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!-fullsizerender_1.jpg  

Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!-fullsizerender_2.jpg  

Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!-fullsizerender.jpg  

Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!-fullsizerender_3.jpg  

Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!-image1.jpg  

Old 14th March 2015, 19:25   #101
BHPian

750 Km round trip to Mahabaleshwar

In February took the car for a 750 km round trip to Mahabaleshwar. Read on forum as well suggested by friends to go via Mumbai pune expressway which did turn out to be a time saving despite being a little longer route.

Drove the car on cruise control for the most of the time and reached destination in 4.5 hours. Roads are pretty amazing. The sharp turns in Panchagani are worth experiencing.

I am listing the places around Mahabaleshwar to visit and drive in your own car to experience the natural beauty and nasty curves with breathtaking drives :
1) Kate Point
2) Arthur Seat
3) Pratabhgarh fort.
4) Lodwik point.

In Panchagani:
1) Sydney Point.

The best of the drives in above were Pratabhgarh fort, Lodwik Point and Arthur Seat.

The car showed no signs of missing power and had the best time of driving the beast in such narrow lanes.

Posting few pics of the car :
Attached Thumbnails
Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!-dsc_4485.jpg  

Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!-dsc_4493.jpg  

Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!!-dsc_4724_1.jpg  

Old 14th March 2015, 19:30   #102
BHPian

After driving the car for around 21500Kms primarily on the worlds best roads (Mumbai) the car plastic has started to add music in the car.

What is being observed is faint squeeking noises when the car goes on the bumps / speed breakers/ craters on the road on being driven slowly on them (obviously will not be driving fast on them).
My belief is that the interior plastic / leather fitting was not tested by Chevy on Mumbai roads to see how they will retain their firm grip to avoid such noises in almost 2 years.

Not sure how to remove the noise. Its faint but am concerned soon it will be strong enough. I don't turn on the radio/ music in the car as I prefer to meditate while driving (people of Mumbai can relate why its good to meditate than listening to radio)
Old 22nd April 2015, 17:36   #103
BHPian

Re: Silver Hawk - 22300Kms : Front Bake pads gone?

The current Odometer reading stands at 22350 km. While driving back suddenly i start hearing big squeeky noise from front right tire. It used to come momentarily and then go away and kept on for 10 odd kms. took to a local mechanic to investigate and he stated that the front right tire disc brake pad is gone.
The metal piece is only left and if you dont change it , this will spoil the disc and more expensive repair.
I called up service center and the quote is around 8K. I am not very keen of getting it repaired from local mechanic, hence thinking to take to service center,
I did read on forum for few cruze owners the disc brake pad have worn out in 20K. With my style of riding in Mumbai bumper to bumper constant braking , i feel they have been OK to run for 2 years.

Fellow BHPians and Cruze owners do let me know your experience. I will have to get the brakes pads investigated for front and rear and if all are worn out will have to get them changed.
So once a year this car does give a big hefty expense that what i sense.

Any suggestions recommendations would be helpful.
Old 23rd April 2015, 11:46   #104
BHPian

Currently at the workshop and on reviewing, the disc brakes for front are gone and rear are on verge of finishing. Have told to replace front and rear. The discs have been sent for cleaning due to corrosion marks by disc brakes. Will have to spend entire day at workshop. I will update what the total cost came to.

Last edited by GTO : 8th May 2015 at 09:05. Reason: Language
RishiSuri is offline   Received Infraction
Old 23rd April 2015, 17:20   #105
BHPian

Update: Expenditure of replacing the front and rear brake pads , skimming the discs totals to 19124.
RishiSuri is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks