Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2013, 20:53   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Thank you so much for your wishes. I coul
Thanx a lot for your warm wishes. And yes, congratulations to you too for the petrol sibling!! Amaze does look majestic in this cool shade of blue!!

By the way, I too am dissatisfied with the quality of the single horn. Any thoughts on what could be done? I had talked to the service adviser during the 1st service and he had asked me to stay away from installing after-market relays, and so the prospects of installing an additional horn look dim. Could the gurus, please suggest whether the existing horn could be replaced with a more powerful one without adding relays or disturbing the electrical wiring?
Thanks for the compliments and good wishes!

I don't plan to fiddle with the horns as of now :-)
Old 3rd June 2013, 07:20   #32
BHPian

Re: My Honda Amaze i-DTEC Diesel

Quote:
Yeah, I do plan to add alloys to the car, but right now the financial budget is not permitting it. By the way, which brand would you suggest?

By the way, I too am dissatisfied with the quality of the single horn. Any thoughts on what could be done? I had talked to the service adviser during the 1st service and he had asked me to stay away from installing after-market relays, and so the prospects of installing an additional horn look dim.
Regarding alloys i dont have much knowledge. But that was full black alloy. Regarding the horn, even the Honda City comes with that single horn which serves no purpose. In my case i got extra horns fitted in the Honda service center itself with an option to switch between the single horn and double horn.
infinitewheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2013, 10:10   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, I do plan to add alloys to the car, but right now the financial budget is not permitting it. By the way, which brand would you suggest?
Actually this question was not for me, but I could not resist to help you, being a modification freak! For alloy brands, you can look at HR, Prestige, Plati, Lenso, etc. Personally, I would say Plati as they are available in a lot of designs and most of the designs are readily available at aftermarket shops. I would request you not to change the tyres, 175 size just goes perfect if you are on a tight budget. Regarding the colour of the alloy, you can go for full chrome finish ones, if you want bling bling stuff. Else, for a car like this (I mean a family car), normal (and not too flashy) white painted alloys would look great. Don't get black finish ones IMO, since they look funky and would not suit the colour as well as the character of the car (they look best on hatchbacks). Also, DO NOT get multispoke ones, they would spoil the look. Get 5/6//7/...10 spoke ones only. Plus, get the calipers painted also! Good luck. Post your queries if you still have.

Quote:
By the way, I too am dissatisfied with the quality of the single horn. Any thoughts on what could be done? I had talked to the service adviser during the 1st service and he had asked me to stay away from installing after-market relays, and so the prospects of installing an additional horn look dim. Could the gurus, please suggest whether the existing horn could be replaced with a more powerful one without adding relays or disturbing the electrical wiring?
Single Horn! Even my Alto has Minda Trumpet power horn (aftermarket, of course)!
You could have added a relay and dual horn at the aftermarket, easily available for around 1000 bucks. But, again, warranty issues!
You can request at Honda dealership to add the dual horn of the VX models, even if you have to change the warranty. Then, you can think of removing the Honda horns (and keeping them with you) and adding power horns (Skoda type) by plug-and-play method. Don't know about the hole it is going to make in your pocket.
For your information, if you add more powerful single horn also, I think you may have to add a relay, because it will eat up your battery very soon. If you want, you can check at the aftermarket for plug-and-play type horn which neither needs a relay nor a wire cut.
Loud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2013, 12:13   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Sid for the Amaze.
Wish you many happy miles with the car.
The mileage figures are really great.
Enjoy your ride and drive safe.

Try to get the horn modification from the dealer itself so that you do not loose the warranty. I don't think they will charge a bomb for that.
Old 3rd June 2013, 19:35   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud View Post
Actually this question was not for me, but I could not resist to help you, being a modification freak! For alloy brands, you can look at HR, Prestige, Plati, Lenso, etc. Personally, I would say Plati as they are available in a lot of designs and most of the designs are readily available at aftermarket shops. I would request you not to change the tyres, 175 size just goes perfect if you are on a tight budget. Regarding the colour of the alloy, you can go for full chrome finish ones, if you want bling bling stuff. Else, for a car like this (I mean a family car), normal (and not too flashy) white painted alloys would look great. Don't get black finish ones IMO, since they look funky and would not suit the colour as well as the character of the car (they look best on hatchbacks). Also, DO NOT get multispoke ones, they would spoil the look. Get 5/6//7/...10 spoke ones only. Plus, get the calipers painted also! Good luck. Post your queries if you still have.
Just a Q Loud.
In case one is not looking for flashy wheels dont you think one should try Aura or Oz ? I think the Aura wheels are available in rather toned down gun-metal shades. OZ ones are again a little heavy on the pocket but they fit the same bill as the Aura ones. IMO
I agree with your suggestion of white wheels on a white car but they are infinitely more difficult to maintain. Minor chips here and there on the wheel paint make them look ugly.
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2013, 11:07   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Just a Q Loud.
In case one is not looking for flashy wheels dont you think one should try Aura or Oz ? I think the Aura wheels are available in rather toned down gun-metal shades. OZ ones are again a little heavy on the pocket but they fit the same bill as the Aura ones. IMO
I agree with your suggestion of white wheels on a white car but they are infinitely more difficult to maintain. Minor chips here and there on the wheel paint make them look ugly.
Yes, I agree that Aura has normal shades but I find the OZ ones to be flashy, even in gun metal shades. OZ and Lenso are on a bit heavier side. Not sure about the cost of the alloys, but I think Plati would be decently priced. Also, sid_deb can check out 'Neo' alloy wheels. They are at par in terms of pricing and design with Plati. Plati ones are mostly available with silver and black finish, which would, as I feel, go well with only tallboy hatches. Rest, sid_deb can post pictures of the alloy designs his dealer has in stock and we can together decide the best one!

Yes, white would be difficult to maintain, but looks beautiful. Talking about chipping, I have seen chrome/silver rims being chipped to dull metal shades in some Vistas' and M800s'. I don't think that branded alloys would suffer from this chipping of paint.
Old 10th June 2013, 22:11   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

@sid_deb Any updates on your white beauty.
And more pics please, it's not everyday gotta see 'E' variant of the Amaze.
Cheers.
Old 13th June 2013, 14:23   #38
BHPian

Congratulations dude.

Like other guys have already pointed out, I too find OVRM an eye sore. I also heard that its not possible to replace them with ones that come with EX or S Model, not sure how true is this. Can you find out and let me know as my E is due to be delivered in 1st Week of July and I plan to change them as on the delivery date itself (If possible).
Old 13th June 2013, 22:07   #39
BHPian

Sorry guys for not being active again for the last one week or so. There was loads of work and was busy like hell!! So much so that the car has clocked more than 5700 kms and haven't been able to take it for its 2nd service. Had a word with the service team leader on phone and he said that since the 2nd service just involves a check up, I could run around a thousand kms extra. Still plan to get it done asap, hopefully over the weekend.

For those of you wanting to know about the top speed of the amaze, I did manage to check it and yes it is limited to 145 km/hr. The car remains at around 3300-3500 rpm in 5th gear and the fuel supply gets cut off.

It so happened, that I was wanting to overtake a Volvo bus on the highway, and when I next saw the speedo after overtaking it, I couldn't believe the speedo reading. It was showing 145 and wasn't moving further. I was initially at around 90 kmph and the bus was probably doing around 100-110. While I began overtaking, the bus driver too accelerated, and I didn't realise that I had reached such a risky speed. I must say that this car delivers a really strong punch at triple digit speeds. Moreover, as I said earlier, the car is quite silent in the 5th gear and the NVH levels don't shoot up much even after 120. The bad about this is that it doesn't make you realise your speed unless you see the speedo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
Congratulations dude.

Like other guys have already pointed out, I too find OVRM an eye sore. I also heard that its not possible to replace them with ones that come with EX or S Model, not sure how true is this. Can you find out an0d let me know as my E is due to be delivered in 1st Week of July and I plan to change them as on the delivery date itself (If possible).
The last time I had enquired from the dealership, the advisor wasn't even aware of the possibility of changing the ORVM and shook his hands off by saying that the product is new. I am about to get the car serviced, and would enquire this time again and let you know.

Many congratulations for the Amaze!! Which one have you opted for?? Petrol or diesel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
@sid_deb Any updates on your white beauty.
And more pics please, it's not everyday gotta see 'E' variant of the Amaze.
Cheers.
Well the odo reads over 5700 kms in a month and 17 days. Work has involved a lot of travel last month and this has been one of my highest miles crunched so far in a short time. I did have an option to choose a bus, but somehow could not resist the opportunity of driving this beast, again and again.

I'll surely post some more pictures soon!!

Quote:
Yes, I agree that Aura has normal shades but I find the OZ ones to be flashy, even in gun metal shades. OZ and Lenso are on a bit heavier side. Not sure about the cost of the alloys, but I think Plati would be decently priced. Also, sid_deb can check out 'Neo' alloy wheels. They are at par in terms of pricing and design with Plati. Plati ones are mostly available with silver and black finish, which would, as I feel, go well with only tallboy hatches. Rest, sid_deb can post pictures of the alloy designs his dealer has in stock and we can together decide the best one!

Yes, white would be difficult to maintain, but looks beautiful. Talking about chipping, I have seen chrome/silver rims being chipped to dull metal shades in some Vistas' and M800s'. I don't think that branded alloys would suffer from this chipping of paint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Just a Q Loud.
Thanks a lot Loud and Baddychat for your suggestions. I'll definitely use them when I begin the hunt for a good set of alloys. Right now, am a bit stuck with work related issues. However, I'll definitely post some pictures of the alloys I would shortlist, and would love to have your suggestions again.
sid_deb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 11:56   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry guys for not being active again for the last one week or so. There was loads of work and was busy like hell!! So much so that the car has clocked more than 5700 kms and haven't been able to take it for its 2nd service. Had a word with the service team leader on phone and he said that since the 2nd service just involves a check up, I could run around a thousand kms extra. Still plan to get it done asap, hopefully over the weekend.
Do ask at the dealership about the possibility to change the ORVMs to the units of EX/S/VX variants. If it is not possible, I think it would take away lot of potential petrol/diesel-heads, like us, from getting the affordable and VFM E variant. Waiting for a photoshoot of the car when it becomes factory-fresh after the second service.

Quote:
For those of you wanting to know about the top speed of the amaze, I did manage to check it and yes it is limited to 145 km/hr. The car remains at around 3300-3500 rpm in 5th gear and the fuel supply gets cut off.
Thanks for clarifying this. Also, it is not advisable to go beyond 120-130 kph in Indian road conditions, where any animal can jump in front for suicide!

Quote:
Well the odo reads over 5700 kms in a month and 17 days. Work has involved a lot of travel last month and this has been one of my highest miles crunched so far in a short time. I did have an option to choose a bus, but somehow could not resist the opportunity of driving this beast, again and again.
5700 kms in around 45 days! Wow, a great achievement! Hope you are not having any troubles with the best after these rush-hour runs. Right?

Quote:
Thanks a lot Loud and Baddychat for your suggestions. I'll definitely use them when I begin the hunt for a good set of alloys. Right now, am a bit stuck with work related issues. However, I'll definitely post some pictures of the alloys I would shortlist, and would love to have your suggestions again.
No problem, take your own time in collecting Vitamin M for the alloys. We (I and Baddychat) will surely be here to advise you for a perfect Design and Price! Good luck.
Old 14th June 2013, 12:36   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
For those of you wanting to know about the top speed of the amaze, I did manage to check it and yes it is limited to 145 km/hr. The car remains at around 3300-3500 rpm in 5th gear and the fuel supply gets cut off. ..........................It so happened, that I was wanting to overtake a Volvo bus on the highway, and when I next saw the speedo after overtaking it, I couldn't believe the speedo reading. It was showing 145 and wasn't moving further. I was initially at around 90 kmph and the bus was probably doing around 100-110. While I began overtaking, the bus driver too accelerated, and I didn't realise that I had reached such a risky speed. I must say that this car delivers a really strong punch at triple digit speeds. Moreover, as I said earlier, the car is quite silent in the 5th gear and........................Well the odo reads over 5700 kms in a month and 17 days. Work has involved a lot of travel last month and this has been one of my highest miles crunched so far in a short time. I did have an option to choose a bus, but somehow could not resist the opportunity of driving this beast, again and again........
I'll surely post some more pictures soon!!
The more i read your ownership report, the more am smitten to buy it to the end of the year. My best buddy had already booked an iDtec 'S' variant and waiting for a month. Thanks for the top speed limit.

BTW, though the 'E' ORVM is fine by me, coming from a 2009 minor WagonR LXi, should say that they should have atleast offered a internally manual adjustable robust unit like the one found in early Indicas.
Old 14th June 2013, 16:17   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Definitely. Kindly change the horn asap. Even cycles on the road will not move after hearing horn of Amaze ! I have EMT diesel and the first thing I did was change the horn. I have installed roots Windtone. But, you will not be able to install it in the place of the original horn as there is virtually no space between the car radiator and the front grill (Where the existing horn is located). So, I had to install it inside the bonnet. If you want I can post the pics where I have installed it exactly.
Old 14th June 2013, 21:26   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravinkenator View Post
I have EMT diesel and the first thing I did was change the horn. I have installed roots Windtone. But, you will not be able to install it in the place of the original horn as there is virtually no space between the car radiator and the front grill (Where the existing horn is located). So, I had to install it inside the bonnet. If you want I can post the pics where I have installed it exactly.
Hi there!
You also have a diesel EMT? Congratulations! Didn't you add a relay for adding dual horn? (I have roots windtone in my Scorpio, Skoda and Alto and these horns, being dual horns, require an additional relay.)

Also, adding relay or messing up with factory wiring will void your warranty. Were you not aware of it or planned to change the horn at any cost?

Please do post the pictures of the installation.

One more question, did you change the ORVMs (Outside Rear View Mirror) to the ones available on S or VX variants?
Old 15th June 2013, 17:46   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravinkenator View Post
Definitely. Kindly change the horn asap. Even cycles on the road will not move after hearing horn of Amaze ! I have EMT diesel and the first thing I did was change the horn. I have installed roots Windtone. But, you will not be able to install it in the place of the original horn as there is virtually no space between the car radiator and the front grill (Where the existing horn is located). So, I had to install it inside the bonnet. If you want I can post the pics where I have installed it exactly.
I agree. Amaze horn is pathetic. I have booked one too so very interested to know the work around. Do post the pics if you can.
Old 15th June 2013, 22:50   #45
BHPian

2nd free service update

Kms: 5800
Cost: Rs. 0/-
Work done: General Checkup, washing.
Complaints: None

Change of ORVM for Amaze E variants

YES, it is possible to change the original ORVM in E variant. The dealer from where, I got the car serviced has the ORVM coming in the EX variant in stock. From outside, the ORVM in the EX and S look alike. The only difference is that the mirror can electrically adjusted in the S variant while the one in the EX can be adjusted only from the outside.

The EX ORVM alone costs somewhere around Rs 2400/- as per the dealer. Charges for painting it are extra.

Since I have the E variant, if I change the ORVM's, I would obviously like to get the door handles painted too!! Now, the dealer is asking a grand 10k for
doing the complete job . This basically means that he is asking for around Rs. 5200 for painting the mirrors and the door handles.

I am somehow not able to make up my mind now. The problem is that even after spending Rs. 10,000 only the exterior look changes. The mirrors still remain adjustable from outside. Even if these were manually adjustable from inside, it would have sounded reasonable. What do you guys suggest??

Quote:
Hi there!
You also have a diesel EMT? Congratulations! Didn't you add a relay for adding dual horn? (I have roots windtone in my Scorpio, Skoda and Alto and these horns, being dual horns, require an additional relay.)

Also, adding relay or messing up with factory wiring will void your warranty. Were you not aware of it or planned to change the horn at any cost?

Please do post the pictures of the installation.

One more question, did you change the ORVMs (Outside Rear View Mirror) to the ones available on S or VX variants?
Yeah, I too would like to see the pics!!

I asked the dealer to change the horn or add another one, and they simply refused. They also said that getting it altered in the market could affect the warranty. Is this true?
sid_deb is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks