Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2013, 18:52   #46
BHPian

Re: My Honda Amaze i-DTEC Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
2nd free service update
Cost: Rs. 0/-
Wow! Rs.0 looks really AMAZ(E)ing. Now its time for a detailed photo shoot of the factory-fresh (almost) car! Waiting eagerly.

Quote:
YES, it is possible to change the original ORVM in E variant. The dealer from where, I got the car serviced has the ORVM coming in the EX variant in stock. From outside, the ORVM in the EX and S look alike. The only difference is that the mirror can electrically adjusted in the S variant while the one in the EX can be adjusted only from the outside. The EX ORVM alone costs somewhere around Rs 2400/- as per the dealer. Charges for painting it are extra. Since I have the E variant, if I change the ORVM's, I would obviously like to get the door handles painted too!! Now, the dealer is asking a grand 10k for doing the complete job. This basically means that he is asking for around Rs. 5200 for painting the mirrors and the door handles. I am somehow not able to make up my mind now. The problem is that even after spending Rs. 10,000 only the exterior look changes. The mirrors still remain adjustable from outside. Even if these were manually adjustable from inside, it would have sounded reasonable. What do you guys suggest?
10k is daylight robbery!
What you will get for 10k? Body coloured 4 handles and 2 body coloured fatter ORVMs which are not even internally adjustable! For your information, when I enquired at MASS for Alto's ORVM (yes, it would be comparing apples to oranges), they quoted 5200 bucks (for a pair) for body coloured, internally adjustable units. I think Honda should have provided Internally adjustable ORVMs atleast for a car which touches more than 6.5 Lacs! Serious fault!

Quote:
I asked the dealer to change the horn or add another one, and they simply refused. They also said that getting it altered in the market could affect the warranty. Is this true?
My advice would be:
Try to ask for the possibility of adding Electrically Adjustable ORVMs of the S variants. At around 8-10k for a pair, they would look okay. Else, there is no use of spending 10k for mirrors and body coloured handles.
If you are not much interested in loos, then get your stock mirrors painted in white, would be better if not best. Aftermarket shops will charge around ~2-4k for painting the handles and the stock ORVMs in white. I do not feel ANY need in spending in those fatter units. 5200 bucks for painting small exterior parts; I would get both my bumpers painted at aftermarket along with the handles and ORVMs!

Last edited by Loud : 16th June 2013 at 18:59. Reason: Typo!
Old 17th June 2013, 22:31   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I agree. Amaze horn is pathetic. I have booked one too so very interested to know the work around. Do post the pics if you can.
Quote:
2nd free service update

Yeah, I too would like to see the pics!!

I asked the dealer to change the horn or add another one, and they simply refused. They also said that getting it altered in the market could affect the warranty. Is this true?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud View Post
Hi there!
You also have a diesel EMT? Congratulations! Didn't you add a relay for adding dual horn? (I have roots windtone in my Scorpio, Skoda and Alto and these horns, being dual horns, require an additional relay.)

Also, adding relay or messing up with factory wiring will void your warranty. Were you not aware of it or planned to change the horn at any cost?

Please do post the pictures of the installation.

One more question, did you change the ORVMs (Outside Rear View Mirror) to the ones available on S or VX variants?
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. I was travelling. Here are the pics (The first two pics of the new horn are rotated).

Regarding the warranty, I did check with my dealer, he did not tell me anything regarding voiding of warranty if I install an after market horn. but the existing horn was too pathetic (And I was willing to take my chances )

And, as I said before, there is virtually no space between the grill and the radiator (where the existing horn is placed) and we had to search the entire car to find some safe place where we can fit in. I don't think we added any additional relay for the horn.

The work was simple. Added a T-clamp for one of the horn and a single clamp for the other (Rotated slightly)

I did the work done by Gokul Electronics, Chennai (Contact info obtained via team-bhp) and he did quite a splendid job.
Attached Thumbnails
My Honda Amaze i-DTEC Diesel-image-1.jpeg  

My Honda Amaze i-DTEC Diesel-image-2.jpeg  

My Honda Amaze i-DTEC Diesel-image.jpeg  

My Honda Amaze i-DTEC Diesel-img_1230-600x800.jpg  

My Honda Amaze i-DTEC Diesel-img_1232-600x800.jpg  

My Honda Amaze i-DTEC Diesel-img_1233-800x600.jpg  

pravinkenator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2013, 13:23   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravinkenator View Post
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. I was travelling. Here are the pics (The first two pics of the new horn are rotated).

Regarding the warranty, I did check with my dealer, he did not tell me anything regarding voiding of warranty if I install an after market horn. but the existing horn was too pathetic (And I was willing to take my chances )

And, as I said before, there is virtually no space between the grill and the radiator (where the existing horn is placed) and we had to search the entire car to find some safe place where we can fit in. I don't think we added any additional relay for the horn.

The work was simple. Added a T-clamp for one of the horn and a single clamp for the other (Rotated slightly)

I did the work done by Gokul Electronics, Chennai (Contact info obtained via team-bhp) and he did quite a splendid job.
The installation looks okay to me. I have 'Minda Trumpet' in my Alto, which are similar in shape and design to yours, and have the New VW Polo-like tone. Those are attatched exactly where the earlier horn was present, i.e. just behind the upper grill towards the left side. I added a relay after around 2 days usage due to problems I faced without a relay.
Since earlier unit was a single type, and I added dual horns, means the power needed by these horns would also be higher. In my case, I had installed these horns without relay and we could not honk until the engine was cranked (otherwise we can honk even without the key, right?). I thought it would be some electrical problem and moved on. The next 2 days, the car failed to start, headlights used to switch off when we cranked the engine (earlier they used to dim a bit), and I had a feeling that the battery power was not enough. Next day, I showed to some other mechanic and he told me that the stock horns are draining your battery. He showed/proved this by pressing the horns without the key (in the ignition) and the horns sounded very dull and splendid. He advised me to add a relay worth 50 bucks and the issue was resolved. The horns could now be operated without the key also.

I advise you to get a relay also.
Loud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2013, 13:32   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud View Post
The installation looks okay to me. I have 'Minda Trumpet' in my Alto, which are similar in shape and design to yours, and have the New VW Polo-like tone. Those are attatched exactly where the earlier horn was present, i.e. just behind the upper grill towards the left side. I added a relay after around 2 days usage due to problems I faced without a relay.
Since earlier unit was a single type, and I added dual horns, means the power needed by these horns would also be higher. In my case, I had installed these horns without relay and we could not honk until the engine was cranked (otherwise we can honk even without the key, right?). I thought it would be some electrical problem and moved on. The next 2 days, the car failed to start, headlights used to switch off when we cranked the engine (earlier they used to dim a bit), and I had a feeling that the battery power was not enough. Next day, I showed to some other mechanic and he told me that the stock horns are draining your battery. He showed/proved this by pressing the horns without the key (in the ignition) and the horns sounded very dull and splendid. He advised me to add a relay worth 50 bucks and the issue was resolved. The horns could now be operated without the key also.

I advise you to get a relay also.
Thanks for the info ! I guess I need to do this asap.
pravinkenator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 12:41   #50
BHPian

Quote:

ICE Installation

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH 2590 BT (costed 18k)
sid_deb Many Congratulations on your buy. I heard its a great car. Can you please share your experience with rear seat space? Also kindly share more views about pioneer 2590 BT. I am going to change my Old Dzire Stock HU with 2590 BT. Also in mumbai i am not getting this HU for 18k. The price which i am getting is almost 19.5k. Kindly reveal the source.
Old 9th July 2013, 13:16   #51
BHPian

@sid_deb : have you tried painting the existing ORVMs. IMO they look fine after proper paint. this is what we did on my bro's Amaze.

My Honda Amaze i-DTEC Diesel-dsc_28622.jpg

we also got the rear speakers fitted with 4'' co-ax. though its a difficult job but can be done!
Old 9th July 2013, 21:55   #52
BHPian

Many Congrats Sid for the true VFM buy. The white color looks stunning. Mileage figures you get are very good as well. Its wise that you have fitted an aftermarket ICE in the car. The OEM one is too basic.

The Diesel clatter should be reduced and should improve the NVH levels gradually.

As mentioned in your review, Honda has made a great engine with much cleaner emissions. Checking the smoke from exhaust as compared to swift proves the engine quality. That's smart observation, I must say.

Wishing you many happy miles ahead with this lovely car!
Old 14th July 2013, 12:18   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilless View Post
sid_deb Many Congratulations on your buy. I heard its a great car. Can you please share your experience with rear seat space? Also kindly share more views about pioneer 2590 BT. I am going to change my Old Dzire Stock HU with 2590 BT. Also in mumbai i am not getting this HU for 18k. The price which i am getting is almost 19.5k. Kindly reveal the source.
Though I haven't been once on the rear seat, every one who has commented on the phenomenal space Honda has created, looking at the compact proportions of the car.

I got the 2590BT from Elegant Car Accessories, Lajpat Nagar, Delhi with bill and warranty for 18k. I am using Rockford 6" Components on the front and JBL 4" on the rear parcel shelf. If I talk about the sound quality now, the vocals are quite good. But the bass levels are nowhere close to what I get in my Swift. The dealer said that it is because of the thin sheet metal in the Amaze, which doesn't look totally convincing. I somehow don't feel that I have got the worth of my money I spent ICE'ing

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
@sid_deb : have you tried painting the existing ORVMs. IMO they look fine after proper paint. this is what we did on my bro's Amaze.

we also got the rear speakers fitted with 4'' co-ax. though its a difficult job but can be done!
That's a wonderful suggestion!! How much did it cost you to get the handles and stock ORVM painted? Also, do you plan to do anything about the rims?

Yeah, I too have got JBL 4" fitted at the parcel shelf. By the way, are you satisfied with the bass levels and the sound quality? The 4" tend to distort sound as soon as one increases the volume after a certain level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satshan View Post
Many Congrats Sid for the true VFM buy. The white color looks stunning. Mileage figures you get are very good as well. Its wise that you have fitted an aftermarket ICE in the car. The OEM one is too basic.

The Diesel clatter should be reduced and should improve the NVH levels gradually.

As mentioned in your review, Honda has made a great engine with much cleaner emissions. Checking the smoke from exhaust as compared to swift proves the engine quality. That's smart observation, I must say.

Wishing you many happy miles ahead with this lovely car!
Thanks Satshan for your wishes!! The engine has opened up and has become quite free revving till 4k rpm after some 8k kms.

The clatter during acceleration in the initial gears, I believe is going to remain as there isn't sufficient sound deadening done by Honda. Let's see what happens after the oil and filter change at 10k kms.
Old 18th July 2013, 14:44   #54
BHPian

Hi sid_deb,

Congratulations for the wonderful car you have. Even I have booked a Honda Amaze S-MT diesel, Silver and awaiting the delivery anxiously. This would be my first car, so am over excited. Thank you for the detailed review about your experience. I'm new to this forum. I'm planning to upgrade my head unit and install alloys as soon as my get my car. Had a few questions:
1. Didn't your Honda dealer crib about getting reverse camera and ICE installed from third-party (after market?). I have read a lot about honda dealerships being very strict about aftermarket. I'm planning to get a good touchscreen head unit like yours and hook the steering mounted controls to it.
2. I have plans of getting alloy wheels. What specification of the alloys would suit this car? I know 14" but what about width, PCD, holes, etc? By the way, upsizing is not an option since I want to keep the stock tires because of budget constraints.
3. Which brand of reverse camera have you installed? Does it have infrared LEDs?

Hope to get answers soon.
Old 20th July 2013, 23:10   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazer2013 View Post
Hi sid_deb,

Congratulations for the wonderful car you have. Even I have booked a Honda Amaze S-MT diesel, Silver and awaiting the delivery anxiously. This would be my first car, so am over excited. Thank you for the detailed review about your experience. I'm new to this forum. I'm planning to upgrade my head unit and install alloys as soon as my get my car. Had a few questions:
1. Didn't your Honda dealer crib about getting reverse camera and ICE installed from third-party (after market?). I have read a lot about honda dealerships being very strict about aftermarket. I'm planning to get a good touchscreen head unit like yours and hook the steering mounted controls to it.
2. I have plans of getting alloy wheels. What specification of the alloys would suit this car? I know 14" but what about width, PCD, holes, etc? By the way, upsizing is not an option since I want to keep the stock tires because of budget constraints.
3. Which brand of reverse camera have you installed? Does it have infrared LEDs?

Hope to get answers soon.
Thanks for the warm wishes Amazer2013. Many congratulations to you too for choosing the Amaze. Regarding your questions,

1. No, haven't faced any such issues from the dealership. In fact have been to two dealerships in NCR and none of them have complained. I think it will become an issue only if the ECU malfunction light comes up, which should not happen as long as proper couplers are used and no wiring is cut.

2. You could refer to the posts by Loud .
I too had given adding alloys a thought once, but haven't been able to get it done. Do post some pictures in case you add them in the near future.

3. I think it was Hamam (pardon me for the spelling). It has a decent night vision, but not the infrared LED's.

Looking forward towards your ownership report
sid_deb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 11:45   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the warm wishes Amazer2013. Many congratulations to you too for choosing the Amaze. Regarding your questions,

1. No, haven't faced any such issues from the dealership. In fact have been to two dealerships in NCR and none of them have complained. I think it will become an issue only if the ECU malfunction light comes up, which should not happen as long as proper couplers are used and no wiring is cut.

2. You could refer to the posts by Loud .
I too had given adding alloys a thought once, but haven't been able to get it done. Do post some pictures in case you add them in the near future.

3. I think it was Hamam (pardon me for the spelling). It has a decent night vision, but not the infrared LED's.

Looking forward towards your ownership report
@sid_deb,
Thank you very much. Will surely write a detailed ownership review once I get my car.
Old 15th August 2013, 11:51   #57
BHPian

Congrats Sid deb on owning an absolute vfm car on Indian roads as on today. This is my first post on Team-BHP and am glad that I get to congratulate a Honda Amaze owner because I, myself have booked a Taffeta White Honda Amaze S(mt) Diesel and expect it to be delivered next week.
After reading your post, I now feel that paying an extra 65K for the additional flashy gizmos like chrome inserted air vents, steering inserts and a double Din audio system is not justified.
Anyways, I am getting my new car next week and I will be sure to give you a detailed review on paying an extra 65k for S(mt) variant is worthy or not.

Regards,

Guru
Old 29th August 2013, 16:48   #58
BHPian

Congratulations sid_deb on your new Amaze. Looks really good in white. I would have gone for it if i didn't already own a Brio. Have booked the Ecosport.

Wishing you many miles of happy and safe driving!
Old 14th September 2013, 00:25   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGuru67 View Post
Congrats Sid deb on owning an absolute vfm car on Indian roads as on today. This is my first post on Team-BHP and am glad that I get to congratulate a Honda Amaze owner because I, myself have booked a Taffeta White Honda Amaze S(mt) Diesel and expect it to be delivered next week.
After reading your post, I now feel that paying an extra 65K for the additional flashy gizmos like chrome inserted air vents, steering inserts and a double Din audio system is not justified.
Anyways, I am getting my new car next week and I will be sure to give you a detailed review on paying an extra 65k for S(mt) variant is worthy or not.

Regards,

Guru
OK friends, I got my S my delivered last week and I must say that paying an extra 65k is worth each and every paise.
Old 28th September 2013, 12:42   #60
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sid, I am a bit late to bump upon this thread, nevertheless many many congratulations on your Amaze. Just couple of days back when Honda had set up a road show in our office premises I got a chance to TD the Amaze i-Dtec. I was pretty amazed to experience its pulling power in lower gears. With 5 well built people in the car, it simply pulled effortlessly even in 3rd gear, with no touch to the accelerator pedal at all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks