Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2013, 14:36   #31
BHPian

Re: Let's Dzire again, but this time ZDi. My Maruti Dzire. EDIT: Totalled

Latest news is that the father survived the crash but is serious and has been shifted to different hospital.

What should be my claim amount? Is it the IDV and I heard that if there is a crash within 6 months of purchase I should get 110% claim is this true? My I.D.V is Rs.7, 35, 616. The car is expected to be a total loss though the mechanic laid emphasis on repair. The surveyor will come on monday. Will this claim affect me in the future when I take insurance for another car?
Old 9th November 2013, 17:02   #32
BHPian

Our wishes are with you and your father. May he recover soon and completely.

I don't know much about insurance, but please see that the car scrapped completely and not repaired (by you or anyone else). A repaired major accident car would be very unsafe.
Old 9th November 2013, 17:30   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
Latest news is that the father survived the crash but is serious and has been shifted to different hospital.

What should be my claim amount? Is it the IDV and I heard that if there is a crash within 6 months of purchase I should get 110% claim is this true? My I.D.V is Rs.7, 35, 616. The car is expected to be a total loss though the mechanic laid emphasis on repair. The surveyor will come on monday. Will this claim affect me in the future when I take insurance for another car?
Wish your father s speedy recovery and hope he drives again. I know it is hard to get out of the trauma of an accident.

All the best and Congrats for the new Dzire ZDi.

Anurag.
Old 9th November 2013, 17:41   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolbh View Post
Our wishes are with you and your father. May he recover completely.

I don't know much about insurance, but please see that the car scrapped completely and not repaired (by you or anyone else). A repaired major accident car would be very unsafe.
Would like to report the amount of damaged parts

Engine
Turbo
Radiator
Dashboard
Dashboard airbag
Steering column
Steering rack
Steering
Steering airbag
Front left alloy
Front left tyre
Front suspension
Chassis
A pillar
Bonnet
Left and right ORVM
Headlights
Fog lights
Front bumper
Air conditioner compressor
Aircon blower
Alternator
Clutch
Power steering reservoir
Brake master cylinder
Brake slave cylinder
3 doors
Front left door power window
Entire power door lock system
Radiator fan
Radiator grille
Roof
Front and rear axle
Exhaust system
Silencer
Front passenger seat
Transmission
Roof lining
Rear reading lamp
Wiper water tank
2 nozzles
Aprons
Ecu
Instrument cluster
Audio system
Spare wheel holder
Front fenders
Air filter
Air filter box
Power steering pump
Engine oil pump
Abs unit
Front wishbones
Glove box
Air con circulation system
Front brake discs and pads
Seat belts
Seat belt pre tensioners
Plastic panels inside the car

Would you repair the car with such a big list? I can't understand how does the maruti guy expect me to repair it with so much damage?

Last edited by rockporiom : 9th November 2013 at 17:54.
rockporiom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2013, 18:11   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Would like to report the amount of damaged parts
I can't understand how does the maruti guy expect me to repair it with so much damage?
Quoting from another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadithsince1980 View Post
Well, in India, the concept of 'Scrapping' a car does not arise in the first place. There is infact a garage close to where I stay that deals with cars that are literally SCRAP. I mean i've seen accedent cars being brought to the garage in a condition that you swear as 'totalled vehicle'.
For instance, a month back I saw a swift there which looked like a ball of crushed paper. One month down the line, the car looks like it's just been out of the showroom
This particular garage also deals with old (vintage) cars. And what do they do:

1) Sell the car (swift) at a cheaper price to a unsuspicting customer saying that it had met with only a MINOR accident (Thats why the lower price)

2) Sell the older cars at a premium price because they are termed 'vintage'.

So there you go. Just give these kind of garage guys a call and you'll get a better deal than you ever imagined!
amolbh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2013, 18:26   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolbh View Post
Quoting from another thread:

Can't understand how can people risk their lives with such cars?
Old 9th November 2013, 18:41   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Front suspension
Chassis
A pillar
Roof
Front and rear axle
Aprons
Ecu
Front fenders
Power steering pump
Front wishbones

Would you repair the car with such a big list? I can't understand how does the maruti guy expect me to repair it with so much damage?
The chassis parts will come individually and then welded at the body shop of ASC. But the strength of joint will not be good and hence the repaired monocoque structure will have very poor strength as compared to the factory build fresh piece.

Logic to push you for repair :
Both, the body shop employees and sales team ( and Others ) are given individual targets to achieve. This is a big repair and hence pursuance to repair. If at all you are considering repair, kindly check your insurance policy for hidden costs. And what you have mentioned is only estimate, there will a lot of more stuff like plastic parts ( bezel ring, etc. ), consumables, fluids, AC gas charging, etc. All these expenses could lead you to situation where you are paying money from your pocket too.

Also, Dzire has power steering pump ? I dont think it has power steering pump, as it has EPS which is an electric motor. Also what does the estimate mean by Front wishbones ? I think he means lower arm, but is that not covered under the tag of "Front suspension" ?
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2013, 18:44   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
The chassis parts will come individually and then welded at the body shop of ASC. But the strength of joint will not be good and hence the repaired monocoque structure will have very poor strength as compared to the factory build fresh piece.

Logic to push you for repair :
Both, the body shop employees and sales team ( and Others ) are given individual targets to achieve. This is a big repair and hence pursuance to repair. If at all you are considering repair, kindly check your insurance policy for hidden costs. And what you have mentioned is only estimate, there will a lot of more stuff like plastic parts ( bezel ring, etc. ), consumables, fluids, AC gas charging, etc. All these expenses could lead you to situation where you are paying money from your pocket too.

Also, Dzire has power steering pump ? I dont think it has power steering pump, as it has EPS which is an electric motor. Also what does the estimate mean by Front wishbones ? I think he means lower arm, but is that not covered under the tag of "Front suspension" ?
I have 0 dep insurance so plastic parts are also covered in the same. According to him wishbones are rod kind of structures that joins the suspension and a big metal part. I think he meant the electric motor of the power steering. I have quoted the parts that he has told me. What is worse is that this is just an estimate of parts there may be more.

I have no intentions of repair this estimate is given just as a formality.

Last edited by rockporiom : 9th November 2013 at 18:47.
Old 9th November 2013, 21:38   #39
Senior - BHPian

Just read this hope your dad goes through a speedy recovery physically and mentally

What everyone here is forgetting is the fact that the swift (safe to assume the dzire has the same frontal structure) has the same frontal impact and offset rating as its euro counterparts and these tests are done at a speed of around 65km/h with a wall. This car was travelling at 70 and was hit by a car (not a flat wall) moving at 120. The ventos and rapids of this world would have reacted in much the same manner.
IshaanIan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2013, 21:42   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Just read this hope your dad goes through a speedy recovery physically and mentally

What everyone here is forgetting is the fact that the swift (safe to assume the dzire has the same frontal structure) has the same frontal impact and offset rating as its euro counterparts and these tests are done at a speed of around 65km/h with a wall. This car was travelling at 70 and was hit by a car (not a flat wall) moving at 120. The ventos and rapids of this world would have reacted in much the same manner.
Thanks man. The cops say that the guy was at 180 km/h and collided at 130 km/h. The combined force is in excess of 200 km/h. Even kizashi would have reacted in same manner though the roof and chassis might not have bent due to its length and higher metal gauge.
Old 10th November 2013, 00:21   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have 0 dep insurance so plastic parts are also covered in the same. According to him wishbones are rod kind of structures that joins the suspension and a big metal part. I think he meant the electric motor of the power steering. I have quoted the parts that he has told me. What is worse is that this is just an estimate of parts there may be more.
I think he referred to Tie Rod Ends! Anyhow, repairing such a Vehicle is totally out of question and those at Workshops aren't proficient in Vehicle Design and won't understand a lot about structural integrity of a Damaged Vehicle!
tsk13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2013, 00:33   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
I think he referred to Tie Rod Ends! Anyhow, repairing such a Vehicle is totally out of question and those at Workshops aren't proficient in Vehicle Design and won't understand a lot about structural integrity of a Damaged Vehicle!
Yeah the car is past it and I have already conveyed the maruti guys to use the claim amount for my new car. I am not interested in keeping that crashed car as I don't feel safe in it anymore. Plus it is a horror story for my dad with the bloodstains all over it and that stink of the gases from the airbag.

The police has carelessly not cut the cng supply of the accent and it is still leaking till date. The cng tank is full 10kg. The gas is slowly leaking one match can cause a disaster since many confiscated auto rickshaws are lying next to it.
rockporiom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2013, 00:08   #43
BHPian

Re: My Fiat Punto 90Hp Accident: Head-on collision with a Tree

Sad to hear about your accident. Surprising to see that your and my accident details quiet match with each other in terms of the dates. Could you please mention if the engine was damaged in the impact? And can you tell by the pics if my car is a total loss? Need to ask as insurance guy is surveying my car tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

List of parts given by maruti guys
Engine
Turbo
Radiator
Dashboard
Dashboard airbag
Steering column
Steering rack
Steering
Steering airbag
Front left alloy
Front left tyre
Front suspension
Chassis
Roof
A pillar
Bonnet
Left and right ORVM
Front bumper
Air conditioner compressor
Aircon blower
Alternator
Clutch
Power steering reservoir
Brake master cylinder
Brake slave cylinder
3 doors
Front left door power window
Entire power door lock system
Radiator fan
Radiator grille
Headlights
Fog lights
Roof
Front and rear axle
Exhaust system
Silencer
Front passenger seat
Transmission
Roof lining
Rear reading lamp
Wiper water tank
2 nozzles
Aprons
Ecu
Instrument cluster
Audio system
Spare wheel holder
Fuel filler lock
Front fenders
Air filter
Air filter box
Power steering motor
Engine oil pump
Abs unit
Suspension tie rods
Glove box
Air con circulation system
Front brake discs and pads
Seat belts
Seat belt pre tensioners
Plastic panels inside the car
Attached Thumbnails
Let's Dzire again, but this time ZDi. My Maruti Dzire. EDIT: Totalled-img_2013110739975.jpg  

Let's Dzire again, but this time ZDi. My Maruti Dzire. EDIT: Totalled-img_2013110716208.jpg  

Let's Dzire again, but this time ZDi. My Maruti Dzire. EDIT: Totalled-img_20131107335.jpg  

Let's Dzire again, but this time ZDi. My Maruti Dzire. EDIT: Totalled-img_2013110749646.jpg  

Last edited by rockporiom : 11th November 2013 at 00:13.
Old 11th November 2013, 11:47   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Sad to hear about your accident. Surprising to see that your and my accident details quiet match with each other in terms of the dates. Could you please mention if the engine was damaged in the impact? And can you tell by the pics if my car is a total loss? Need to ask as insurance guy is surveying my car tomorrow. Thanks in advance.
Buddy, if the Engine is gone, it might come in total loss. I am no expert in this but can you PM me or post it here what might be your IDV value?. Considering the IDV values and if it comes close to 75% , they might ask to scrap the car.
It is still premature to say, but to me it looks like they might ask you to go for Total loss.

My heartfelt wishes goes out you and your family , I hope everybody are safe.
Its absolutely saddening to see our cars in such state , but seeing that we all are saved 'rockporiom', the extra investments that we do in selecting the better cars and better variants do seem to help us.

How did this happen If I may ask ?, on a lighter note 'we should stop travelling on Diwali'

Last edited by GTO : 12th November 2013 at 19:10. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.
TheHkrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2013, 11:59   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHkrish View Post
Buddy, if the Engine is gone, it might come in total loss. I am no expert in this but can you PM me or post it here what might be your IDV value?. Considering the IDV values and if it comes close to 75% , they might ask to scrap the car.
It is still premature to say, but to me it looks like they might ask you to go for Total loss.

My heartfelt wishes goes out you and your family , I hope everybody are safe.
Its absolutely saddening to see our cars in such state , but seeing that we all are saved 'rockporiom', the extra investments that we do in selecting the better cars and better variants do seem to help us.

How did this happen If I may ask ?, on a lighter note 'we should stop travelling on Diwali'
The guy in the other car travelling at 180km/h jumped the divider in order to save a pig and came on the wrong side and hit my car at 120km/h head on. 2 of them died on the spot and 1 is critically injured. My dad has suffered multiple fractures in ankle.

The IDV is 7,35, 616

The engine is 3 lakhs and airbags and steering is 2 lakhs

Last edited by rockporiom : 11th November 2013 at 12:02.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks