Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2013, 20:23   #16
BHPian

Re: Philos - My White Maruti Ertiga ZDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Hi Kailashnj

Congratulations on the new set of wheels. I appreciate you going through my thread and the fact that it could have helped you in your decision making. I compliment you for the review. It is very detailed and balanced.

I have now spent 13 months with it and in fact just 2 days ago returned from another long trip. This one though was only till Pune/Shirdi but I spent a few days travelling locally and clocked nearly 3K within 6 days. In some places I drove through huge craters (25 kms before Shirdi on the Ahmednagar Shirdi road) and at other places I drove through 2 feet of water.

I have not heard the famed Maruti rattles - save the driver seat. The vehicle has so far been trouble free and more important niggle free. Reliability, cost of ownership, availability of spares, flexibility and of course economy were my prime factors for choosing this one. I did not want to spend more than 2 days per year at a workshop and I can say so far its holding up to the choice.

Wishing you thousands of safe miles.

Cheers
Thanks a lot updating us about your latest drive. I am sure I will be reading your travelogue again. I am waiting for my car's registration numbers to be made available. I am sure the day its available, I am going to GanpatiPhule with family to ensure that I complete the runin period soon.
Old 26th September 2013, 22:52   #17
BHPian

Congratulation for the Ertiga. The Special Edition grille looks good in white (or is that silver?). Wishing you many happy miles with the car. The interior is a dirt magnet, maintenance could be a pain.
Old 26th September 2013, 23:13   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Congratulation for the Ertiga. The Special Edition grille looks good in white (or is that silver?). Wishing you many happy miles with the car. The interior is a dirt magnet, maintenance could be a pain.
That is white grill. Mine is a customized special edition

As for the interiors you are correct, it is really a pain to maintain.
Old 26th September 2013, 23:21   #19
BHPian

Hi Kailash: I really liked your review. It's pretty honest and to the point. Being an user of Ertiga ( Vdi) for the last 13 months - added 23k so far on the odo, I must say this is quite a competent and reliable vehicle. My only -ve-s were:
1. OEM headlight which is pathetic in one word.
2. Not able to fold last seat unless you move the middle one way forward - but then the legspace of the middle one gets terrible.
3. Compare to innova, I find this has got bigger blind spot.
4. Turbo lagged engine is a curse in bumper to bumper traffic.
Old 26th September 2013, 23:46   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandas View Post
Hi Kailash: I really liked your review. It's pretty honest and to the point. Being an user of Ertiga ( Vdi) for the last 13 months - added 23k so far on the odo, I must say this is quite a competent and reliable vehicle. My only -ve-s were:
1. OEM headlight which is pathetic in one word.
2. Not able to fold last seat unless you move the middle one way forward - but then the legspace of the middle one gets terrible.
3. Compare to innova, I find this has got bigger blind spot.
4. Turbo lagged engine is a curse in bumper to bumper traffic.
Hi Mohandas,

The negatives that you have listed are something that we can live with or probably some can be eliminated or reduced.
1. I agree with the Headlight but you can install a HID or 100/90w bulbs with relay to improve the Headlights drastically.
2.There is nothing that we can do about the second point as its really a small MUV as compared to Innova or Xylo.
3. I am not sure of the blind spot that you are referring to as I have never driven an Innova.
4. Turbo lag - I am sure that can be overcomed by using the RD box or for that matter remapping. That is something that I have planned after 10k kms.
Old 27th September 2013, 10:13   #21
BHPian

Hey kailashnj, nice review of your Ertiga. The Feliz edition adds that bit of extra charm.

I am in the lookout for a new car to replace my Alto and the Ertiga seems to tick all the boxes. Because of my height(6'2") I need a car which provides better entry/exit, which both Ertiga and Ecosport seem to provide. The seating position in both these cars is good. But the first and second row space is far better in the Ertiga.
In, case you have driven the Ecosport as well, I would like to know your view on which of these is better in terms of highway driving, both in terms of comfort and the performance.
Another question, in-case the head-rests of the 3rd row seats are removed when folded down, would it still reduce space for the 2nd row?
Old 27th September 2013, 11:20   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Hey kailashnj, nice review of your Ertiga. The Feliz edition adds that bit of extra charm.

I am in the lookout for a new car to replace my Alto and the Ertiga seems to tick all the boxes. Because of my height(6'2") I need a car which provides better entry/exit, which both Ertiga and Ecosport seem to provide. The seating position in both these cars is good. But the first and second row space is far better in the Ertiga.
In, case you have driven the Ecosport as well, I would like to know your view on which of these is better in terms of highway driving, both in terms of comfort and the performance.
Another question, in-case the head-rests of the 3rd row seats are removed when folded down, would it still reduce space for the 2nd row?
HI Aneezan,

I never got the chance to drive the EcoSport and hence would not be able to comment on the driving characteristics of ES. But ford is famous for its handling and I am sure the ES will be no different. Though I regected the ES Purely on the basis of it being 5 seater and the congested second row.

In ertiga, when you fold down the 3rd row seats the space is reduced and though I can say the interior space is then equivalent to swift or for that matter the ES. Hope this helps.

Last edited by kailashnj : 27th September 2013 at 11:22.
Old 27th September 2013, 11:40   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
In ertiga, when you fold down the 3rd row seats the space is reduced and though I can say the interior space is then equivalent to swift or for that matter the ES. Hope this helps.
Thanks. I would not be using the 3rd row most of the time. I want to use it as a car with a large boot space. I would be using it when my parents or relatives are visiting. That is one of the main reasons why I am looking at Ertiga. I am normally handicapped when we have visitors.
Ertiga with 3rd row down seems ok for me.
Will make the final decision after I have taken test drives of all the cars I have in mind.

Thanks again.
Old 27th September 2013, 13:32   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Thanks. I would not be using the 3rd row most of the time. I want to use it as a car with a large boot space. I would be using it when my parents or relatives are visiting. That is one of the main reasons why I am looking at Ertiga. I am normally handicapped when we have visitors. Ertiga with 3rd row down seems ok for me. Will make the final decision after I have taken test drives of all the cars I have in mind. Thanks again.
That makes lot do sense in deciding after you have test driven your short listed cars. Though ensure it's back to back test drive
Old 27th September 2013, 14:29   #25
BHPian

Hey Kailash, Excellent review
Impressed the way you have listed whatever you like/unlike. As a proud owner of Ertiga ZDI(Dec 2012, 30K on odo), my list was almost similar to this when I bought the vehicle. Some of them were moved from the dislike list later.After using continuously in all road/weather conditions and after ferrying lot of people, the interiors are intact. I have installed the floor mats (transparent one) which cover the complete floor, which ensures no damage to the floor material. You can try the 3m type mats which are very effective against dust. Hope you will see a reduction in Tyre/engine noise after clocking 1K - 2K kms.
Overall, I am very happy with the car, no major issues till now and it's a very good highway cruiser.
Have a safe mile crunching
Old 27th September 2013, 19:38   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by denver85 View Post
I have installed the floor mats (transparent one) which cover the complete floor, which ensures no damage to the floor material. You can try the 3m type mats which are very effective against dust. Hope you will see a reduction in Tyre/engine noise after clocking 1K - 2K kms.
Overall, I am very happy with the car, no major issues till now and it's a very good highway cruiser.
Have a safe mile crunching
Hey Thanks Denver.

Are you on the stock tyres or you have changed it.
Old 27th September 2013, 20:07   #27
BHPian

Quote:

Hey Thanks Denver.

Are you on the stock tyres or you have changed it.
I am on stock tires (MRF). They are not bad and withstood some of the real bad roads. Felt the grip is less on wet roads, other than that no problems. Only two punctures till date. The threads looks good for another 20k kms.
Old 28th September 2013, 03:53   #28
BHPian

What about the headlights denver, are you satisfied with the stock or you have changed the headlights. I feel the headlights surely need an upgrade but am worried about the car's warranty.
Old 28th September 2013, 16:00   #29
BHPian

Quote:
What about the headlights denver, are you satisfied with the stock or you have changed the headlights. I feel the headlights surely need an upgrade but am worried about the car's warranty.
Yeah done the bulbs upgraded to 100/90 with relay and wiring harness. Stocks are poor. I hope it will not have any problems with the warranty as we are not cutting any stock wiring. Even the authorized showrooms are doing this upgrade as an accessory.
Old 1st October 2013, 20:09   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by denver85 View Post
Yeah done the bulbs upgraded to 100/90 with relay and wiring harness. Stocks are poor. I hope it will not have any problems with the warranty as we are not cutting any stock wiring. Even the authorized showrooms are doing this upgrade as an accessory.
Thanks Denver - I had gone to the MASS today but they currently don't have any headlight upgrade available.

Update - I got my car's number today and that's exactly after 12 days. Given order for the IND number plate today and expecting it to be available on 3rd Oct.

Time to plan a long distance drive to ensure I complete 1000 kms before 30 days are over.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks