Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2013, 22:33   #46
BHPian

I got the AC filter fitted in my 30K service. The charged me 450 rs. Did not feel any difference, hope it will be worth in long-term.
Old 12th October 2013, 00:26   #47
BHPian

Re: Philos - My White Maruti Ertiga ZDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by denver85 View Post
I got the AC filter fitted in my 30K service. The charged me 450 rs. Did not feel any difference, hope it will be worth in long-term.
do you have the picture of the AC filter and also the part number so that I can try to source it from MGA.

Also for FIAT we have Kavya Automobiles, do we have some dealer who can provide genuine parts for Maruti in Mumbai.
Old 12th October 2013, 02:56   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Do you have the picture of the AC filter and also the part number so that I can try to source it from MGA.
I don't have the picture of the filter but here are the details found on the box.

Part No.: 990J0 M 79GS0 - 010
Part Name: Cabin Air Filter (G. Floor)
MRP : Rs 350 (incl of all taxes).

Philos - My White Maruti Ertiga ZDi-forumrunner_20131012_025550.png

Attached is the picture of the same (The box I mean).

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2013, 03:00   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I don't have the picture of the filter but here are the details found on the box.

Part No.: 990J0 M 79GS0 - 010
Part Name: Cabin Air Filter (G. Floor)
MRP : Rs 350 (incl of all taxes).

Attached is the picture of the same (The box I mean).

Anurag.
Thanks a lot Anurag.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 13th October 2013, 16:24   #50
BHPian

Quote:
do you have the picture of the AC filter and also the part number so that I can try to source it from MGA.
Also for FIAT we have Kavya Automobiles, do we have some dealer who can provide genuine parts for Maruti in Mumbai.
Here you go:
Philos - My White Maruti Ertiga ZDi-20131013_160912.jpg
Philos - My White Maruti Ertiga ZDi-20131013_160902.jpg
Don't how much they charged me. The invoice is in Bangalore and I am currently at my hometown. I will update this once I reached back.
denver85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 08:32   #51
BHPian

Hey thanks Denver. Though I notice that the part number in both the air filters is different. Just an observation
Old 14th October 2013, 18:34   #52
BHPian

Hi

Is AC filter not standard fitment?

Rajain
Old 14th October 2013, 20:38   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Hi

Rajain
I am not sure about the same but have heard that the AC filter is not a standard fitment. I will be checking with the SA when I go for the 1st Free service.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 17th October 2013, 04:11   #54
BHPian

Update: Today I completed 1000 kms and hence went for the first service. Had not booked any prior appointment still service centre accomodated my car.

Went to the ASC at 10:00 and the car was ready by 1:00pm. All smooth except the spare tyre nut was broken and hence they replaced it with new - charged me Rs 78 for it. Total bill was 260 which was including cost of consumables like topups. I wanted to change the engine oil at 1000 kms but refrained from doing so due to issue that came in front of me as told below.

I was shocked to know from the SA that it will be 3600 + taxes for the engine oil change. On further questioning, he said that we will fill in the synthetic oil in the car and hence the price. But I did not want the synthetic oil as I plan to follow an oil change regime of 5k kms. Hence I asked him for mineral oil and was further shocked on the words of the SA. "Ertiga has a very advanced engine in diesel and hence even maruti does not fill in Mineral Oil in the engine when it comes from factory. Hence we have to use the Synthetic Oil only." Now I know that this was incorrect and hence decided against Oil change. Went to another service centre as luckily I have 2 ASC in my area. Again the same verdict, only synthetic.

Can some one kindly confirm whether this is correct and only synthetic oil is used in Ertiga and also when you get the car from factory it is filled with Synthetic Oil and not mineral oil.

I know for sure that FIAT engine does not need fully synthetic oil, as punto that I owned used semi synthetic and vista uses the mineral oil instead. Please confirm.
kailashnj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 10:02   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know for sure that FIAT engine does not need fully synthetic oil, as punto that I owned used semi synthetic and vista uses the mineral oil instead. Please confirm.
From what I know It is a Mobil1 semi synthetic oil. Costing around 3-3.5K. Fully Synthetic oil should cost bit more isnt it ?

My SA told that since it is small displacement engine with powerful turbocharger using the same oil, Its better to stick to semi synthetic oil for long term durability.

If you say you change oil every 5K(which is too early) one refill of synthetic at 10K will be same as 2 rounds of mineral oil in terms of the price isnt it ? Is there any problem ?
Old 17th October 2013, 21:50   #56
BHPian

Quote:
I will PM you the number of the dealer from whom I have purchased the car.
Hi Kailash,

I have not recieved the PM. Not sure if its due to the fact that iam a new member. Can you please confirm if you had message me the name and number of the dealer?
Old 18th October 2013, 04:36   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post

Rajain
Hello,

The AC filter is a standard fitment but I have seen a few ownership both initial and long-term saying it doesn't come in when dispatched from factory. To be frank enough I have never checked the same in my car since I had bought it but during the 1 lakh kms service, MASS had changed the filter saying the old was black and too dirty to continue service so I presume it was existing since purchase.

Quote:
Went to the ASC at 10:00 and the car was ready by 1:00pm. All smooth except the spare tyre nut was broken and hence they replaced it with new - charged me Rs 78 for it.
Was it broken by the guys at MASS or has it happened earlier?

Quote:
I was shocked to know from the SA that it will be 3600 + taxes for the engine oil change.
Correct words by the SA! Look below for the break up that I have been charged for the following service with the synthetic oil and the costs.

70K Service: Synthetic Oil by Shell (5W40). Rs 960.70/lt = Rs 2978.17

80K Service: Synthetic Oil by Shell (5W40). Rs 960.70/lt = Rs 2978.17

90K Service: Synthetic Oil by Castrol (5W40). Rs 917.03/lt = Rs 2842.79

100K Service: Synthetic Oil by Shell (5W40). Rs 960.70/lt = Rs 2978.17

Mineral oil costs around 260-300/lt so the bill would be Rs 800-950.

Quote:
"Ertiga has a very advanced engine in diesel and hence even maruti does not fill in Mineral Oil in the engine when it comes from factory. Hence we have to use the Synthetic Oil only."
So what did you do? Have you got the oil changed or no? If Yes, which oil and from where? Synthetic or Mineral?

Quote:
Can some one kindly confirm whether this is correct and only synthetic oil is used in Ertiga and also when you get the car from factory it is filled with Synthetic Oil and not mineral oil.
The SA is correct buddy as models pre-2011 (Don't remember the exact date) are being filled with Synthetic oil from factory. My car, Ritz VDi (Dec, 2010 model) was filled in with Mineral oil and later I was given a choice to change to synthetic which I did after clocking 30K kms.

Look at the attachment issued from Maruti for the oil change and stuff for the New Swift-D. so the same would have been carried over to the Ertiga, New Swift DZire and the New Ritz as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
From what I know It is a Mobil1 semi synthetic oil. Costing around 3-3.5K. Fully Synthetic oil should cost bit more isnt it ?
No buddy I have been using synthetic oil since the car had clocked 40 K kms and the maximum I have been charged for the oil is 3K so the semi-synthetic would be cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
If you say you change oil every 5K (which is too early) one refill of synthetic at 10K will be same as 2 rounds of mineral oil in terms of the price isnt it ? Is there any problem ?
It seems simple but a synthetic oil in a new engine slows down the run-in process and doesn't allow the engine to bed-in properly. A mineral oil for a new car and a oil change first at 1000 kms and then at 5000 kms and later on every 5000 kms till 20 or 30K kms.

Mineral oil is good till 4K kms since oil change and a synthetic oil is good till 8.5-9K kms from the oil change.

Anurag.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Maruti Swift Engine Oil Change Circular.pdf (69.6 KB, 482 views)
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 06:01   #58
BHPian

Quote:

Was it broken by the guys at MASS or has it happened earlier?

Anurag.
The lug nut was broken earlier while 3M guys were trying to remove the spare wheel befor applying the under body coat. The nut was jam and when force was applied, it gave way.

Quote:
Correct words by the SA! Look below for the break up that I have been charged for the following service with the synthetic oil and the costs.

70K Service: Synthetic Oil by Shell (5W40). Rs 960.70/lt = Rs 2978.17

80K Service: Synthetic Oil by Shell (5W40). Rs 960.70/lt = Rs 2978.17

90K Service: Synthetic Oil by Castrol (5W40). Rs 917.03/lt = Rs 2842.79

100K Service: Synthetic Oil by Shell (5W40). Rs 960.70/lt = Rs 2978.17

Mineral oil costs around 260-300/lt so the bill would be Rs 800-950.

Anurag.
Anurag - the pricing that you have quoted your self tells me that the SA was taking me for a ride. None of the price that you have listed is above Rs3000 and this is for Synthetic Oil, where as he was quoting 3600 + taxes something in the range of 12.5% which will be around 400 and hence the total oil change cost is Rs4000.

Quote:

So what did you do? Have you got the oil changed or no? If Yes, which oil and from where? Synthetic or Mineral?

Anurag.
This was the first service and Oil change was not required until 10K. I did not change the oil as I did not believe the SA and I still don't believe in him.

Quote:
The SA is correct buddy as models pre-2011 (Don't remember the exact date) are being filled with Synthetic oil from factory. My car, Ritz VDi (Dec, 2010 model) was filled in with Mineral oil and later I was given a choice to change to synthetic which I did after clocking 30K kms.

Look at the attachment issued from Maruti for the oil change and stuff for the New Swift-D. so the same would have been carried over to the Ertiga, New Swift DZire and the New Ritz as well.

No buddy I have been using synthetic oil since the car had clocked 40 K kms and the maximum I have been charged for the oil is 3K so the semi-synthetic would be cheaper.

It seems simple but a synthetic oil in a new engine slows down the run-in process and doesn't allow the engine to bed-in properly. A mineral oil for a new car and a oil change first at 1000 kms and then at 5000 kms and later on every 5000 kms till 20 or 30K kms.

Mineral oil is good till 4K kms since oil change and a synthetic oil is good till 8.5-9K kms from the oil change.

Anurag.
Well I have a different theory. Ertiga has the same engine as the Punto and as the Vista. Punto has service cycle of 15000 Kms and Vista has service cycle of 10000 (like Ertiga). None of these cars ever needed Synthetic Oil. In FIAT the company recommends Selina which is a Semi Synthetic oil and for which the cost of engine oil is around Rs. 600, but the service Interval is 15K. In my vista its always been mineral oil and service Interval is 10k. I have used and owned both these cars. I generally follow the regime of changing the engine oil every 5000kms. I do the same in my Vista and changed at 7500 kms in my Punto - the reason being its Semi Synthetic. The main reason I follow this regime is that 1) Engine oils gets depleted with use and looses its viscosity as volume. Car manufactures recommend to refill 250ML per 1000kms. So when you are topping up the engine oil, basically you are mixing the pure Oil with impure oil of the Engine and hence the net effect is loss. Instead I would rather change the engine oil at 5K and ensure that its good to go for another 5K kms.
2) Its really hard to remember and topup oils every 1000k and I don't want to do it myself as in case the oil filled is beyond max limit then I will drastically effect the engine which I don't want to do.
Old 18th October 2013, 11:46   #59
BANNED

Quote:
Anurag - the pricing that you have quoted your self tells me that the SA was taking me for a ride. None of the price that you have listed is above Rs 3000 and this is for Synthetic Oil, where as he was quoting 3600 + taxes something in the range of 12.5% which will be around 400 and hence the total oil change cost is Rs 4000.
I agree but won't there be a price difference in the oils available here in Hyderabad and in Bangalore or any other state/city/town?!

The taxes etc make a difference so find out in your MASS about the price for the Shell synthetic 5W40 and Castrol Synthetic 5W40.

Quote:
This was the first service and Oil change was not required until 10K. I did not change the oil as I did not believe the SA and I still don't believe in him.
It is true buddy and we can do nothing but to believe them. The car comes filled with synthetic from factory. Change the oil outside if want to. No warranty problems or contact your SA and say that you want the oil change done.

Quote:
The main reason I follow this regime is that

1) Engine oils gets depleted with use and looses its viscosity as volume. Car manufactures recommend to refill 250ML per 1000kms. So when you are topping up the engine oil, basically you are mixing the pure Oil with impure oil of the Engine and hence the net effect is loss. Instead I would rather change the engine oil at 5K and ensure that its good to go for another 5K kms.
I too follow the regime very strictly and have been doing it since long. I used to change the oil and the air filter every 5K kms till the car reached 40K kms and post that stick to manufacturer intervals.

I clock 3000 kms a month so I used to change the filter and oil every 1.5 months. and used to get the car serviced every 3 months.Synthetic didn't make sense to me as I wanted to get the run-in done properly so that I don't have issues in the long run and I am happy to say that nothing has been touched in the engine or the car other than the regular consumables. At 1 lakh kms also the engine still has that grunt and kick what used to be when the car was new, the south regional service head has driven my car and is impressed with it and says "It still feels like it is just out of factory and he did check the service history since the car was bought and was pretty impressed as no parts have been changed and it shows the maintenance!" I am not making this up but it is the truth.

Initially I was worried that if I change the oil every 5K kms, I would loose out on warranty but the best part was no one in MASS even objected to it as I had asked my SA what if I change the oil. He said "It is up to sir, we have nothing as an issue but don't inform the service head as he would make an issue out of this and you may loose on warranty!". I used to get the car serviced regularly every 10 K kms at MASS but the oil and filter change was done at a local garage with the oil and filter purchased from MASS Over-The-Counter.

Quote:
2) Its really hard to remember and topup oils every 1000 k and I don't want to do it myself as in case the oil filled is beyond max limit then I will drastically effect the engine which I don't want to do.
Checking the oil and topping it up every 1000 kms is not practical and doesn't make sense and overfilling is even more dangerous to the engine. I keep the oil till 3/4 th of the dipstick marking.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2013, 03:30   #60
BHPian

Update - I completed 1500kms today in my car. Its really sad to say but the car is not functioning as required. There is lot of vibrations in the clutch pedal when the car goes beyond 80kms. Since till now I was not driving beyond 80, never realised it. But post 1000kms when I started going beyond 80kms, its really obivious that there is lot of vibrations. I am taking the car to the M.A.S.S today and hope they are able to resolve this issue asap.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks