Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2013, 13:06   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pre-worshipped Honda Civic V A/T - "CeeVee"

With respect to the issues mentioned above, I gave my car to the Honda A.S.S. today for the warranty claims.

* Engine mounts will be replaced.
* They will try for the power steering pump and rack.
* They will try for the front wheel bearings.

I have been told that the Honda guys will visit the A.S.S. tomorrow for an evaluation of my car wherein they will check the parts and whether my car has all services done as per schedule. I will be informed about this tomorrow evening.

I got a very good service today at the A.S.S.
Old 13th November 2013, 10:07   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

I have been told that the Honda guys will visit the A.S.S. tomorrow for an evaluation of my car wherein they will check the parts and whether my car has all services done as per schedule.
Is there any update on this. I am getting my car serviced today and I think I too am hearing noise from wheels. It was diagnosed as tyre noise during last 2 services but I am still not sure if its tyre noise ( a hum which appears to be in rhythm with wheel rotation) or bearing noise as the tyre condition appears good.
Old 13th November 2013, 10:30   #48
BANNED

Quote:
With respect to the issues mentioned above, I gave my car to the Honda A.S.S. today for the warranty claims.

I have been told that the Honda guys will visit the A.S.S. tomorrow for an evaluation of my car wherein they will check the parts and whether my car has all services done as per schedule. I will be informed about this tomorrow evening.

Any update of this issue for your car? Is the car repaired with the things that you mentioned!

Anurag.
Old 13th November 2013, 12:50   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alto99 View Post
Is there any update on this. I am getting my car serviced today and I think I too am hearing noise from wheels. It was diagnosed as tyre noise during last 2 services but I am still not sure if its tyre noise ( a hum which appears to be in rhythm with wheel rotation) or bearing noise as the tyre condition appears good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Any update of this issue for your car? Is the car repaired with the things that you mentioned!

Anurag.
I received a call yesterday that the surveyor has not come and will check my car today. So I am waiting for their reply...
Old 25th November 2013, 14:56   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Honda has rejected my warranty claim. Not because they dont know its a manufacturing defect, but because one of the scheduled services was 2 months late.

This is atrocious. They just found a lame excuse.

The service manager of Linkway Honda is a good chap. He assured me that he will again talk to them and ask them to reconsider this warranty since a 2 month delay in service can be excused.
Old 10th December 2013, 20:29   #51
Senior - BHPian

I have taken CeeVee for 2 highway trips till now. To put it bluntly, the Civic is not meant for the highways. More so, if you have 3-4 people in the car.

Reasons -

1) Honestly, I have done to and fro trips on the mumbai pune express highway numerous times before in other cars. The XUV feels more planted and comfortable at high speeds, that is above 120 kmph.

2) Civic's ride quality deteriorates heavily if you have rear passengers in the car. I have done this trip with 2 people in the front seats and it was okay. This time, I had 3 people on one trip and 4 people in the other. The boot was empty though. The rear suspension cannot just cope up with the weight. It bounces around to its glory. Hit a small undulation or bump at high speeds and the rear passengers get a nasty jolt. My family does not like traveling (long trips) in the rear seat of my Civic now. Also, with load (2 rear passengers), the rear suspension bottoms out so easily that even at normal speeds (60-80 kmph), sharp bumps cannot be handled by the rear suspension.

For me, CeeVee is just a city car now.
Old 11th December 2013, 08:44   #52
BHPian

I agree. I have owned Cedia, And currently a Cruze and civic AT. I am not at ease on my highway trips with Civic. The drive is smooth upto 120 or so and with load anything beyond that seems like you may loose control. But in Cruze even at higher speeds I still feel comfortable and safe as a driver. And the passengers in Cruze don't even know the difference.

Now I have started using Civic only for city ride, which the Civic AT beats Cruze (manual) by miles.

Mod Note: Post edited for high speed references.

Last edited by noopster : 19th March 2014 at 11:15.
Car&me is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2013, 11:36   #53
Senior - BHPian

Honestly, I think the Civic is an over-rated car. Owners and fans, please hear me out first-

1) The most talked about thing about the Civic is how rev happy the i-Vtec engine is. And the performance. Now, the engine is rev happy, alright! But that does not always translate into performance. I mean, the torque at lower rpms is so poor that you need a lot of effort to get the car sprinting. It is not always possible to drive above 4000 rpm in the city.

2) The ride and handling of the Civic has been said to be perfect. I disagree again. The handling is good, but the car does tend to oversteer. The Punto and Linea is much better. The ride is nothing great as explained in post # 51.

3) For 16.5 Lacs (on-road price without octroi in 2010), the Civic does not offer much when compared to a Cruze or Laura.

Now, I am not a dis-satisfied owner, no ways. I like my CeeVee. Its just that I expected a lot more from her, considering the fan following she has. But I have driven better (and cheaper) cars.

I will give her credits where due - she looks amazing even after 7 years of her launch and the dashboard is futuristic. Oh yes, even the A/T is good with those paddle shifts.

I am her second owner. If I had the money to buy a new car (that is a budget of 17 Lacs), I would most probably choose a Cruze diesel A/T or a Laura turbo petrol over the Civic.
raj_5004 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2013, 12:03   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

+1 Raj.

I recently drove a friend's Civic MT. I have not driven petrol cars above the range of hatch-backs that are available today i.e. having <1400 cc engines. Though I have driven a wide range of diesel cars and SUVs. Naturally, I was really impressed by its engine performance and free-revving nature. The shove once the VTEC kicks in is addictive. Now comes the catch. Since the engine is free-revving, you literally have to rev it all the time to pull you or just crawl around. The car is so dead in lower RPMs, an Alto feels better in comparison.

Had a small highway trip but the road was not good. Though pot-hole free, it was wasn't smooth. Here I couldn't muster to take the car above 110 kmph even though the roads were relatively free. Even in the city, I had a tough time in tight spaces. Its poor visibility both at front (only bonnet is visible) and rear (friend's car has a rear spoiler) didn't help matters.

Last edited by ashis89 : 11th December 2013 at 12:05.
Old 28th December 2013, 23:35   #55
Senior - BHPian

Hey Raj, had seen you mention about the rear seat misalignment corrected in one of the service. Can you please share the details of what the misalignment was, or what caused this?
Old 18th March 2014, 20:00   #56
Senior - BHPian

Got the engine mount changed under warranty. However, they just changed one mount, not all.

I wonder if this is the norm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Hey Raj, had seen you mention about the rear seat misalignment corrected in one of the service. Can you please share the details of what the misalignment was, or what caused this?
It was a petty issue. There was a gaping hole between the seat base and the backrest. The A.S.S. adjusted its position, that's it.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 19:23   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Honestly, I think the Civic is an over-rated car. Owners and fans, please hear me out first-

1) The most talked about thing about the Civic is how rev happy the i-Vtec engine is. And the performance. Now, the engine is rev happy, alright! But that does not always translate into performance. I mean, the torque at lower rpms is so poor that you need a lot of effort to get the car sprinting. It is not always possible to drive above 4000 rpm in the city.

Agree 100%. I have a Civic myself (which I love more than most things I own) but I have to agree that this is a major weakness. I have learnt to live with it and manage but objectively, this is a major weakness. However, when you get the engine revving, the performance is pretty good and can give many cars run for their money. But only as long as you keep the engine on the boil.

2) The ride and handling of the Civic has been said to be perfect. I disagree again. The handling is good, but the car does tend to oversteer. The Punto and Linea is much better. The ride is nothing great as explained in post # 51.

Comparing it with a Punto or Linea is unfair! They are some of the best handling cars and have the best sorted suspensions around. The Civic's ride comfort is pretty good over mildly broken roads and with a somewhat light load. Load up the car fully and the suspension basically gives up.

Handling in my opinion is fantastic when the car has only 2 people. But beyond that, since the suspension is at the limit, handling suffers terribly.

This is why the first upgrade I thought of was the suspension.

3) For 16.5 Lacs (on-road price without octroi in 2010), the Civic does not offer much when compared to a Cruze or Laura.

But in the city, the Cruze's suspension is too hard. The Laura is the overall better car but dealing with Skoda's A.S.S is not worth the effort.

I will give her credits where due - she looks amazing even after 7 years of her launch and the dashboard is futuristic. Oh yes, even the A/T is good with those paddle shifts.

The dashboard doesnt look like it can ever get old!

Sorry if my post sounds biased but probably because like a dutiful partner, I have learnt to ignore the Civic's faults or at the very least learn to live with them! Helps that my Civic's suspension can now give most European cars a run for their money around corners.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2014, 15:05   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Raj,

I just got a used civic. Can you tell me how I can see the kmpl to come up. When I use the reset button, it just gives me options between trip A , Trip B and outside temperature.
Old 23rd May 2014, 15:30   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Hey Raj,

I just got a used civic. Can you tell me how I can see the kmpl to come up. When I use the reset button, it just gives me options between trip A , Trip B and outside temperature.
If your car is a pre-2009 or a post face lifted model the you do not have the fuel effeciency display just whatever you have mentioned above..
sumeethaldankar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2014, 16:59   #60
BHPian

Quote:

So far, this forum has seen quite a lot of used Civics-

Sorry if I have missed out someone! Moral of the story is - Civic is quite a popular car among used car buyers.
Add me to the list - guess I have the oldest of the lot

* GTO's white Civic V M/T (2007)
* Frankmehta's silver Civic V A/T (2007)
* sumeethaldankar's red Civic S M/T (2007)
* bhuvan_prasad's red Civic V A/T (2006)
* kedarwalke's red Civic V A/T (2008)
* Ace_F355's grey Civic V M/T (2007)
* Vivek5870's blue Civic V A/T (2008)
* KumaravelS's white Civic Hybrid
* arvi86's blue Civic S M/T
* Anghammarad's white Civic V A/T (2011)
* sarathlal's white Civic V A/T (2010)
* normally_crazy's blue Civic V A/T (2008)
* smartcat's grey Civic V M/T (2007)
* razor4077's silver Civic S M/T (2007)
* dot's blue Civic S A/T (2007)
* autofreak's white Civic S M/T (2008)
* hassanks's grey Civic S M/T
* jesal's purple Civic V A/T (2008)
* danlalan's grey Civic S M/T (2008)
* salunkhe.vizz's copper Civic V A/T (2006)
salunkhe.vizz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks