Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2014, 00:09   #46
BHPian

Re: A dream come true: My Purple Mahindra XUV5OO W8 FWD

Finally, after a long long wait took my XUV for a much deserved vacation.
The route was:

Amritsar to Chandigarh to Solan
Solan to Nangal.
Nangal to Amritsar.

Total distance covered: 692 kms
Fuel Economy: 14.6 km/l

It was my first long trip with my almost 2 month old purple beauty. I was waiting for it to happen to test the true abilities of it.
Following are the observations.

1) Tireless journey: Even after almost 6 hrs of continuous driving, fatigue was almost non existent. The awesomely bolstered seats and high driving position helps.

2) Good back seat journey: This is completely from the feedback received from my wife and 4 yr old kid. They were very happy at the back although my wife had one complaint that she was able to sit cross legged on the back set of linea but not in XUV (? short bench length)

3) Performance: This is one area where the vehicle never disappointed. Even with 5 adults, 3 kids and luggage, the car was never out of breath on the hills.

4) Road/Weather conditions: During this trip i was able to test my car on
- Good roads
- Bad roads
- Worst roads
- No roads
- Sunny weather/ rains/fog
i must say that XUV passed all of the above with flying colors.

5) Features: I used the cruise control, hill ascent, hill descent, auto wiper during the trip and never did any of these give me headache. they worked flawlessly.

6) NVH: The top speed attained during the trip was 130 km/hr and the nvh levels were well controlled (6th gear to the rescue here) although initial vibration on just starting from standstill is present.

All in all, it was a very good experience with XUV and i hope it continues
manasmadaan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks