Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2013, 13:08   #16

Re: Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel, Trend variant - The machine I love

@Jude300, could you please tell me what's the exact name of this seat cover. this looks close to top-end factory-fitted is it ?

any idea, how much it costs for Titanium version ? Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 14:07   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats,Jude300 for the brilliant work - buying the machine and sprucing her up !!!

I drove a Titanium(o) last weekend and,boy,was mighty impressed.

The highs
  • phenomenal SQ from the stock audio ; and say ,"Play xyz" and the audio plays xyz
  • great driving position
  • responsive engine
  • good seats for 4 passengers
  • 60:40 split folding rear seats and a nicely designed parcel tray which can be retracted

The not-so-highs
  • the center console impedes comfort of the third passenger in the rear
  • does not glide over potholes/speedbreakers
  • mediocre light throw from headlights

The T(o) has airbags in the seats so seat covers are a strict no-no

Last edited by vigsom : 13th November 2013 at 14:30. Reason: addition
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 14:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hello Friend,

Congratulations on your latest obsession & possession and wish happy thousands of miles on this new Car.

EcoSport in Diesel variant remains smartest choice of now in India. I feel Ford India has successfully had manged to outsmart the competition with EcoSport.

By the way how do you find the seating space on rear seats? During inspection, I found it little tough for three passengers to occupy the rear seat

Thanks,
Old 13th November 2013, 16:26   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Good job with the Nikon, we can see that in the fog lamp chrome reflection.

I have not seen this colour in stock much except few cars zooming past. I have a feeling this colour has different shades during the different times of day and depends on the amount of light. The shade varies from orangish to brick red. I too love the colour but would like to hear your take on the colour.

That's one fantastic job with the mats. A very diligent work.
Well the reflection on the Fog lamp was also purposeful. Nice that you noted it. And you are right. The colour looks different in different light conditions. It actually looks orangish red normally but looks more orangish in bright sun and more reddish in low lighting. But either way it gets the attention while on the streets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Many congratulations and well scripted, supported by pictures.

I am sure there are lots of add on's which are available to keep the novelty going on for a long time

I would like to know more details about the PPF 'project', if possible. As to tools used, time taken etc

Happy motoring!
The PPF was an experiment and turned out to be successful. But since I was alone could not click any pics. Of the 4 ft by 1 ft roll I bought, 2 ft by 1 ft is still remaining. Planning to do the OVRM with them. Will try to get some pics clicked then and will post a separate thread on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyakash View Post
@Jude300, could you please tell me what's the exact name of this seat cover. this looks close to top-end factory-fitted is it ?

any idea, how much it costs for Titanium version ? Thanks
There is no name or brand to it but it is available in all Ford dealerships. It is referred to the full black seat cover by the dealers. This costs the same for all variants and at Chennai Ford dealership it costs Rs. 7300/-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Friend,

Congratulations on your latest obsession & possession and wish happy thousands of miles on this new Car.

EcoSport in Diesel variant remains smartest choice of now in India. I feel Ford India has successfully had manged to outsmart the competition with EcoSport.

By the way how do you find the seating space on rear seats? During inspection, I found it little tough for three passengers to occupy the rear seat

Thanks,
If you compare the rear seats with that of a proper sedan, then you will be disappointed as the shoulder room is a bit short. But it can seat 3 AVERAGE built adults well but will not be as comfortable as in the Duster. For people who dont mind travelling with 3 members at the rear seats in a hatch, the rear seat in the Ecosport will be much better. In my opinion and for my use, it was not a deal breaker.
Jude300 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 22:56   #20
BHPian

Hi Jude300!

Fantastic review of a fantastic car. I had a TD of the diesel variant some days back. It was quite impressive for me. Given a chance now, probably I will pick the EcoSport over my Verna Fludic1.6 CRDI. One of my colleagues has picked up an ES- Ecoboost & is very happy other than city FE. He is getting city FE of around 11 with AC. Should improve later , it has done under 1000 km now. I think diesel is the best pick in ES range.

Wish you years of enjoyable motoring with your new car. Please keep the thread updated mate.

Cheers
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 23:39   #21
BHPian

Congrats once again Buddy !! And Man Your ownership review is awesome & Rocking!!. I like the way you articulated it in & around the variant (Trend). It is very useful for people like me who have booked the same variant. (I don't see much reviews specific to variants) Thanks for that.

I've two questions.
1, How was the mud flap fitted by the dealer guys. Did they drill holes in your car plastics or it is just plug-in type.

2, How is the A pillar visibility issue when compared to your previous Estilo? Estilo being my previous car and have booked ES trend, we both are in same line. So just curious to know, how far you feel the difference. Is it as bad as Estilo or more than that ??
pkk_84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 13:51   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Hi Jude300!

Fantastic review of a fantastic car. I had a TD of the diesel variant some days back. It was quite impressive for me. Given a chance now, probably I will pick the EcoSport over my Verna Fludic1.6 CRDI. One of my colleagues has picked up an ES- Ecoboost & is very happy other than city FE. He is getting city FE of around 11 with AC. Should improve later , it has done under 1000 km now. I think diesel is the best pick in ES range.

Wish you years of enjoyable motoring with your new car. Please keep the thread updated mate.

Cheers
The ride in the Ecosport is a bit bumpy an not as soft as the Verna. And equipments would be almost similar if you take the Titanium variant. But for the ride, I would strongly recommend the Ecosport as it has got the stance and road presence. You will love the high seating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk_84 View Post
Congrats once again Buddy !! And Man Your ownership review is awesome & Rocking!!. I like the way you articulated it in & around the variant (Trend). It is very useful for people like me who have booked the same variant. (I don't see much reviews specific to variants) Thanks for that.

I've two questions.
1, How was the mud flap fitted by the dealer guys. Did they drill holes in your car plastics or it is just plug-in type.

2, How is the A pillar visibility issue when compared to your previous Estilo? Estilo being my previous car and have booked ES trend, we both are in same line. So just curious to know, how far you feel the difference. Is it as bad as Estilo or more than that ??
There were no holes drilled to the car to fit the mud flaps. They were plugged using those plastic button type plugs and ofcourse with metal clips that came along with the mud flaps. They are firmly fit. You can see in the pics (though the metal clip is not visible the plastic plugs would be)

On the A-pillar: It is not of a big issue now as I hardly note it these days. It is only during the first two days that you will notice it. Now its all fine.
Jude300 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 17:08   #23
BHPian

'PARKING BREAKS ON' ALERT: A new feature discovered

Today, as I started off to office from home just after about 10 feet of moving the car a chime started sounding to alert me. I was wondering what went wrong and saw that the parking break light was on in the instrument cluster (I didnt notice this as i started to move the car). When I check, I realised that the parking breaks were very lightly engaged and that I hadnt completely disengaged it. This is a wonderful feature and applaude Ford to have provided this alert else I wouldnt have realised that the park brakes were slightly engaged and driven away as I never felt that it was engaged.
Jude300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 17:17   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
'PARKING BREAKS ON' ALERT: A new feature discovered

Today, as I started off to office from home just after about 10 feet of moving the car a chime started sounding to alert me. I was wondering what went wrong and saw that the parking break light was on in the instrument cluster (I didnt notice this as i started to move the car). When I check, I realised that the parking breaks were very lightly engaged and that I hadnt completely disengaged it. This is a wonderful feature and applaude Ford to have provided this alert else I wouldnt have realised that the park brakes were slightly engaged and driven away as I never felt that it was engaged.
Hi @Jude300

This is a feature which is there on my '03 Santro Xing as well. I bet it must be there on your previous car as well, which either was not working, or you never noticed the same.
Old 14th November 2013, 17:20   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Hi @Jude300

This is a feature which is there on my '03 Santro Xing as well. I bet it must be there on your previous car as well, which either was not working, or you never noticed the same.
There is usually a light that indicates handbrakes engaged. In this case there is a chime sound which plays if you start to drive off with the parking brake. The chime wont sound in stationary position.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 17:25   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Hi @Jude300 This is a feature which is there on my '03 Santro Xing as well. I bet it must be there on your previous car as well, which either was not working, or you never noticed the same.
I have noticed only the light indication and didn't have the chime in my earlier car. And when I mention new feature discovered, I meant that I noticed this in the ecosport only now. Not that the feature was not there on other cars.
Old 16th November 2013, 19:57   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hey Jude congrats on buying the hottest motor in town that too in the best of the colors that match this ride and the smartest variant in Trend.

Had concluded right from the day one of the official launch that Trend was the most VFM of the lot and diesel trend is very well kitted and priced. Albeit lack of airbags and some other bells, it still pack enough safety for our daily use.

Also impressed and satisfied with the mileage figures that makes it good to use in both urban and free roads. Nice to get a lot of ready made info on the accessories such as mats etc that fit best for this ride (makes it easy when yours truly is buying).

Keep posting updates regularly and anything else that is interesting!
girishglg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2013, 13:30   #28
BHPian

I think you made a wise choice going for the Trend version.

I would have added leather seats (stanleys for about 45k) and mean looking alloys and it certainly would look cooler than any Titanium.

Have you gotten already any options for the Headlights?
Old 17th November 2013, 18:06   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Hey Jude congrats on buying the hottest motor in town that too in the best of the colors that match this ride and the smartest variant in Trend.

Had concluded right from the day one of the official launch that Trend was the most VFM of the lot and diesel trend is very well kitted and priced. Albeit lack of airbags and some other bells, it still pack enough safety for our daily use.

Also impressed and satisfied with the mileage figures that makes it good to use in both urban and free roads. Nice to get a lot of ready made info on the accessories such as mats etc that fit best for this ride (makes it easy when yours truly is buying).

Keep posting updates regularly and anything else that is interesting!
Yes, the mileage figure is good. My ODO read 1415 today morning when I did my tankful. My mileage was 16.6 for the current tankful which was purely city ride with AC. The mileage is a bit down due to the idling with the AC on when I went shopping with the car on as my family preferred to stay in the car. But the overall average is inspiring which is 17.95Kmpl as per my Fuel Monitor app. Cost per Km is around Rs. 3.19 / Km.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowEye View Post
I think you made a wise choice going for the Trend version.

I would have added leather seats (stanleys for about 45k) and mean looking alloys and it certainly would look cooler than any Titanium.

Have you gotten already any options for the Headlights?
Yes, you are right. This one would be one cool thing with the leather and the alloys on. For the headlights I am thinking of the Philips extreme bulbs with the same 55 - 60 wattage. Dont want to tamper with the warranty yet.
Jude300 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2013, 18:22   #30
BHPian

Low Fuel Indicator:

I was aware of the low fuel indicator in the car but wanted to check how it worked. Today morning as I was driving knowing that I would be reaching empty soon a alert chime came and the low fuel indicator went on. There was only one chime and it was not continous. Then I did a tank fill and the fuel gun tripped at 42.13 ltrs. So that means that the indicator turns on when there is about 10 ltrs in the tank. Thats a good thing. Will try this next time as well.

Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel, Trend variant - The machine I love-low-fuel-monitor.jpg

Windshield fogging (Outside the windshield):

I need your expert advice on this issue.

Now that the rains are in and I often get caught in the rains at night, this issue has started of to be a VERY SERIOUS thing for me.

The misting is too bad that I hardly can see anything outside. It is better when it is raining but once the rain stops and we turn off the wipers the misting happens like what you see below on the outside of the windshield. I ll have to keep the wiper turned on even though its not raining. It happens so quick that I can't even turn the wiper to intermittent mode. I have tried various blower directions and set various cooling levels. But yet, I am not able to get rid of this.

Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel, Trend variant - The machine I love-windshield-fog.jpg

Wipers blades:

I have been observing this since day 1 i started using the wiper, if its starts raining heavily the wiper starts making a rubbing noise and it also kind of vibrates as it wipes. I acts as if its an age old wiper. Any suggestion on this issue is also welcome

Last edited by Jude300 : 17th November 2013 at 18:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks