Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2013, 12:04   #46
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel, Trend variant - The machine I love

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPope View Post
Hi Jude, firstly Congratulations. Great set of snaps you have put up here.

Query on the Seat Covers.

Does these dealer seat covers fit over the factory fitted fabric seat covers or were the fabric covers removed?
The fabric seats were not removed and the seat cover was fit over them. Thus you can anyting remove the seat covers and use the factory fitted ones.

Infact the factory fitted ones are good. But I didnt want to have a fabric seat cover.
Jude300 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 12:19   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
There was quite a discussion on this topic with different settings working for different folks! You can read more here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ous-scary.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
The mist inside /outside is an issue - try keeping the AC as close to the outside temperate and not in recirculation mode! That works some times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
A quick-fix is to get those plastic shrouds on the window pane, that way you can keep the windows slightly open when it rains and rain water will not enter the vehicle
Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Is this suggestion borne out of experience or just hear say?

If experience, please elaborate the details per your use?
Did the Proklear water repellant treatment for the windshield and also the antifog treatment. WOW!!!! the results are simply superb. Trust me, the visibility has greately improved and could manage highway travel with the stock bulbs without issues.

The treatment is easy and can be done ourselves. I bought it from eBay and did it myself by folliwing the instructions. CLICK HERE

Just back from a 1300 KM trip (Chennia - Coorg - Chennai). Most of the journey was in the night and trust me, I could manage the ride without any issues with the stock bulbs. There was no misting and even when it rained the ride was fine with the stock bulbs. Now, I have decided to stay with the stock bulbs as in a highway where there is only one way traffic, the stock bulbs are more than sufficient.

Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel, Trend variant - The machine I love-eimg_0481.jpg

Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel, Trend variant - The machine I love-eimg_0482.jpg
Jude300 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 13:07   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did the Proklear water repellant treatment
Hi Jude300, this seems to be a good product though little pricey!

Might be good for a treatment every year before the monsoons
Old 4th December 2013, 16:04   #49
BHPian

Hi Jude300, congrats on the new purchase. Ecosport is a superb vehicle. Specially, I liked the add-ons you did which were DIY.

The mud flaps fits perfectly well, seat covers suits the vehicle colour pretty well and has a very impressive finish. I loved the floor mats DIY, which I am planning to do soon in my vehicles. Thanks for that.

How did the Ecosport perform in your recent drive to Coorg?
Old 6th December 2013, 16:57   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk_fiesta View Post
Hi Jude300, congrats on the new purchase. Ecosport is a superb vehicle. Specially, I liked the add-ons you did which were DIY.

The mud flaps fits perfectly well, seat covers suits the vehicle colour pretty well and has a very impressive finish. I loved the floor mats DIY, which I am planning to do soon in my vehicles. Thanks for that.

How did the Ecosport perform in your recent drive to Coorg?
Thanks Buddy.

My experience with the Ecosport sofar has been very exiciting and I have enoyed every moment of driving. However I have listed below a few observations from my recent trip.

- With 5 adults and a kid onboard, in the ghat section the car was effortless to drive. I hardly used the 1st gear and the vehicle was comfortable in 3rd and the 2nd (if its a steep climb). While driving uphill when you get to a steep climb, donot floor the accelerator pedal if the vehicle is not getting picking up speed. Shift down to the 2nd gear or if you are already in the second gear take the leg off the accelerator pedal and let the vehicle manage itself. Trust me, the vehicle picks up well by itself better than by you trying to floor the pedal in such situations.

- To seat 3 well built adults in the back for long journeys could be tiresome but if you can have atleast one with a lean shoulder it should be ok. This is something I experienced for myself as I did sit at the back seat while my dad drove. There has been a little change to the opinion I had about the back seat comfort for 3 adults.

- Coorg is famous for bad roads (I didnt know this before visiting). Had to take a very rough path and the vehicle did manage well. But obviously with the stiff suspension, the ride was a bit bumpy.

- The steering is too good. It weighs up well in high speeds and light and easy while you drive in speed breaker speeds.

- As already mentioned, after the windshield treatment I feel that the stock bulbs are good enough.

- Mileage is surprisingly good. Got 19+ Kmpl in the highways with 5 adults and a 2yr old onboard. Got 16.5+ Kmpl average in a mixed drive of ghats and state highway (Mysore highway with lots of speed breakers).
Old 6th December 2013, 21:18   #51
Senior - BHPian

Any problem caused by the poor visibility from the drivers seat?

BTW thats how the diesel should be driven...not flooring the pedal but letting the turbo do the job unlike petrol.

Thats a good average!
Old 8th December 2013, 12:31   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Any problem caused by the poor visibility from the drivers seat?

BTW thats how the diesel should be driven...not flooring the pedal but letting the turbo do the job unlike petrol.

Thats a good average!
Infact the visibility is good from the drivers seat. There is no issue with that. Refer to the images above and below.

Old 8th December 2013, 12:48   #53
BHPian

Official Ford Accesories and Price List PDF:

I recently received a mail from Ford with the Official accesories list with the Delhi MRP. I have attached it below hoping that it would be helpful for prospective buyers.

EcosportAccessoriesListWithDelhiMRP.pdf0.pdf

I did an addition to my car recently; the chrome grill that goes through the Ford emblem in the upper grill. It really adds to the look of the car. It costs Rs. 1664/- But after paying that much the guys who fit the chrome didnt do the job well. One half of the chrome has not fit well. Though it is not loose, it projects out a little bit.
Old 8th December 2013, 23:11   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
Infact the visibility is good from the drivers seat. There is no issue with that. Refer to the images above and below.
Well, I still feel that Ecosport does not inspire confidence as far as visibility is concerned. Its a bit short of being claustrophobic. May be I had a TD back to back with Duster could be the reason.
Old 9th December 2013, 16:46   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Infact the visibility is good from the drivers seat. There is no issue with that.
How about the glare in IRVM from the head lamps of vehicle coming behind in night times while on highway/city.

I see a Lever is attaches to the IRVM below. How does it help to solve this issue? / Does it really solves the issue?
Old 9th December 2013, 17:21   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk_84 View Post
How about the glare in IRVM from the head lamps of vehicle coming behind in night times while on highway/city. I see a Lever is attaches to the IRVM below. How does it help to solve this issue? / Does it really solves the issue?
Yes. It helps. First set it to the normal position and set the ivrm to your liking. Then just move the lever downwards towards the windshield. Dont adjust the ivrm anymore. It will reduce the glare. This position is for night only
Old 10th December 2013, 10:32   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. It helps. First set it to the normal position and set the ivrm to your liking. Then just move the lever downwards towards the windshield. Dont adjust the ivrm anymore. It will reduce the glare. This position is for night only
Thanks for that dude. I've another query. I see a rotatable switch in the wiper stick of the console. In the manual it says that the speed of the wiper can be adjusted by rotating it, when tried I couldn't see any difference in wiper speed.

Any idea/experience about it?
Old 10th December 2013, 13:15   #58
BHPian

Yes. Its for using the wiper at various speeds (called intermittent mode). This can be done by just pushing the lever to the first position (intermittent mode). Then if you change the rotatable switch the wiper will wipe at varying intervals (with longer intervals to shorter intervals). This is useful when its drizzling rather than raining.

If the wiper lever is pushed to the next position the wiper will wipe continously but at a normal speed. Pushing it to the next position will make the wiper wipe continously but at a faster pace.

There is another mode which can be used to wipe only once. For this, while the wiper is off, just push the lever in the opposite direction to that of turning the wiper on. while doing so, the lever will automatically come back to the OFF position and the wiper will only wipe once.

Do let me know if you need any further clarification.
Jude300 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2013, 08:52   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. Its for using the wiper at various speeds (called intermittent mode). This can be done by just pushing the lever to the first position (intermittent mode). Then if you change the rotatable switch the wiper will wipe at varying intervals (with longer intervals to shorter intervals). This is useful when its drizzling rather than raining.

If the wiper lever is pushed to the next position the wiper will wipe continously but at a normal speed. Pushing it to the next position will make the wiper wipe continously but at a faster pace.

There is another mode which can be used to wipe only once. For this, while the wiper is off, just push the lever in the opposite direction to that of turning the wiper on. while doing so, the lever will automatically come back to the OFF position and the wiper will only wipe once.

Do let me know if you need any further clarification.
It makes me understand clearly dude..! Great explanation. Thanks for that.

BTW how do you find the headlamp switch setup. I feels it's an ergonomic error keeping it there. Every time I get in to driver seat, my knee hits the switch making the headlamps on :(
Old 11th December 2013, 18:24   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk_84 View Post
It makes me understand clearly dude..! Great explanation. Thanks for that.

BTW how do you find the headlamp switch setup. I feels it's an ergonomic error keeping it there. Every time I get in to driver seat, my knee hits the switch making the headlamps on :(
Even I thought so first, but realised that I was sitting with the seat pushed too much forward. This was because we are very careful during the initial days of getting acustomed to the car and so would like to sit closer to the dash to have a good view. I later pushed the seat a little backwards and now even further. I dont hit the knob anymore and now I ride in a very comfortable position with the steering adjusted. May be you are also in the same boat.
Jude300 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks