Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2014, 17:09   #16
BHPian

Re: 2014 Honda City SV CVT Automatic - My White Unicorn

Thanks for the nice review.It really needs passion to share your purchase experience and plans. All the best for a long long association with 'Unicorn'. By the Way I would love to have a picture of your reverse sensors in action. How is the Display integrated to the Car? Rear View Mirror?
Old 28th March 2014, 17:15   #17
BHPian

Heartiest Congratulations!!

First SV model on the forum it seems, the colour does look really nice & some really nice alloys those.

Is it possible to change the centre taps of alloys from Neo to the Honda ones?

The OEM branding on tyres looks visually appealing to me personally.

As far as rear Aircon vents are concerned, is the air throw good enough?
I have heard its pretty less, just enough to feel the air coming out if you place your hands near the vents.
Old 28th March 2014, 19:50   #18
BHPian

Many Congratulations Neel and wish you many thousand miles of Happy Driving. White color definetly makes the car look more elegant and royal.

Can you please share the cost of 3M Nomad mats as i am also planning for the same for my City VX Petrol MT?
Old 28th March 2014, 20:15   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4321 View Post
Many Congratulations! My neighbours bought the same car yesterday; its a 2014 metallic grey I-Vtec 'V' variant with a manual transmission. I sat in it and absolutely loved the interiors! I hope the new car serves you well!
Thanks. However the 'V' variant has 5" system compared to the 3.5" I have and I wish there was a 'V' CVT as I find it a pretty good package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Congratulation man! Fantastic choice, of both the car & the color. The instruments panel & the interiors look top notch premium. And good that you upgraded the tyres. IMO, giving the City such puny tyres from the factory is grave injustice.
Wish you many many happy miles ahead!

Regards,
Saket
Thanks. Very true. the iVTEC being a powerful engine definitely deserves a wider shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
Congratulations neel911 on your new pride! Great & detailed review.

Indeed AT cars are a pleasure to drive. I know many who own Honda City AT currently (older versions) and even after all these years, they still love their ride and it still rides like 'new' they claim.

I too have the illuminated "CITY" scuff plates and agree with you, although cost for them is on higher side by Honda, they really look nice and are worth it. The seat covers & 3M floor mats also look neat.

The FE figures you've indicated for your City & highway drives look reasonable, as those are the figures +- few others I know who have the 2012 City V AT are also getting. But let me tell you, for the sheer comfort & pleasure you will get driving a City AT, it is well worth it.
Very true. for me getting AT was very critical. I knew that the claimed 18kmpl are far from what you would get in real world scenario but the comfort/convenience that comes with it is a good trade off with FE. The engine is pretty powerful and Honda reliability helps. I'm glad I went with the Honda Official scuff plates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Congrats neel. Guess this is the first Petrol Review and definitely the first CVT review. Well written. Wish you miles of fun with your white beauty.

One Question: Typically in AT's the Brake pedal is quite big. Here it looks on the smaller side. Is it just due to the photograph angle or is it smaller than the typical AT Brake pedal.
I found it similar to other sedans. When you say big, is it the area where you press down or the amount of protusion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Hi,

Congrats on the new car and wish you many more happy miles!

Has Honda done anything about the bare wires on the boot lid?
Nothing at all. The boot is as shown in the review by GTO. You feel sad that Honda left it that way, but once you get over it, you would hardly notice it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yash1229 View Post
Once again, congratulations neel911!
Btw, how do you feel the performance is when compared to the 1.6L Vento petrol?
Are you referring to the Vento TSI DSG engine (AT) ? In terms of performance and driving fun, I'm sure the Vento scores above Honda City CVT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Thanks for the nice review.It really needs passion to share your purchase experience and plans. All the best for a long long association with 'Unicorn'. By the Way I would love to have a picture of your reverse sensors in action. How is the Display integrated to the Car? Rear View Mirror?
Thanks. These does not come with any display. There is no Voice Guidance as mentioned by someone else in the thread. It's just beeps sound and the intensity/frequency of the same will change as you start getting closer. It will eventually turn into a steady beep sound when you are very close to obstacle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
So finally an ownership review for the SV & petrol variant of Honda City! Congratulations and great writeup. The car looks excellent in white and in my experience white and silver turn out to be the most popular colors in Honda cars in the long run.
Pictures of your daughter reminds me of my sister who was about her age when we took the delivery of our white Civic back in 2006 , she would'nt get out of the car for hours.
The alloy wheels look great , how much did they cost you , can you please provide the breakup of costs of the difference you paid for the tyres and alloy wheels ,i'm planning an upgrade myself when i get the delivery of my car next week.
Thanks a lot. The alloys will cost you somewhere around 30K for a set of 5. Just make sure you go for the ones with 4 holes (some shops may try to push 8 holes alloy but I would recommend to stick to 4 holes). The rim width will depend on your tyre. Mine are 6.5J which are ideal for 195/60R15 tyres. Tyre prices will change city to city. Just check the price online when you get delivery to get an approximate price of the tyre you wish to upgrade to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshunlimited View Post
Heartiest Congratulations!!

First SV model on the forum it seems, the colour does look really nice & some really nice alloys those.

Is it possible to change the centre taps of alloys from Neo to the Honda ones?

The OEM branding on tyres looks visually appealing to me personally.

As far as rear Aircon vents are concerned, is the air throw good enough?
I have heard its pretty less, just enough to feel the air coming out if you place your hands near the vents.
The Honda Badging would be nice. I actually didn't think about it. I'll try to check on these. The AC is cool enough atleast in Bangalore. But if your car is parked under sun, I'm sure it'll take a while before you can start feeling the cooling effect. These days Bangalore temperature goes upto around 36 degree celcius and I feel the AC effective (my car is parked in shade/basement parking however most of the time)
neel911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2014, 20:52   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Are you referring to the Vento TSI DSG engine (AT) ? In terms of performance and driving fun, I'm sure the Vento scores above Honda City CVT.
Was referring to the manual variant but, your inputs on the automatic variant have been welcomed by my parents! Thanks!
Old 28th March 2014, 21:55   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pats View Post
Many Congratulations Neel and wish you many thousand miles of Happy Driving. White color definetly makes the car look more elegant and royal.

Can you please share the cost of 3M Nomad mats as i am also planning for the same for my City VX Petrol MT?
The Nomad mats would cost you Rs 5,500 for Honda City. I'm very happy with them so far, though its a bit early to comment. It gives a nice carpet feeling when you step on them as well.

I'm planning to clean my White Unicorn myself and these Nomad mats would help me in avoiding one task which is carpet vaccum as it'll not let dirt roll into carpet, even during removing them.

Based on reviews I've seen, they last for a very long time, couple of years at least. However, the driver's mat is prone to wear and tear due to the heels pressing on a certain part but you can get that piece alone separately.
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2014, 21:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So this is my first ownership report on this forum and that too of something that has become very close to my heart in less than a week: My White Unicorn(2014 Honda City SV CVT iVTEC)
Congrats Buddy, I am a little late on this one (On travel outside BLR currently)

Quote:
My i10 has been serving me really well since the last 6 years and not to exaggerate but it was always maintained in mint condition.
Wow, dint realize that you were moving from an i10 to a Honda City. I am sure you will have a big smile for a long time with the City

Quote:
2) Nissan Terrano
Any reason why the Duster was not considered? I sat in a Duster recently (the 110 BHP top end one) - I envied the Touch Control ICE.

Quote:
Love the sharp side lines. Notice the Neo Alloys and the wider Michelin Primacy 3ST 195/60R15 in place
It is too early now, but do keep us updated on how these tyres wear out. I primarily went for the XM2 as I was worried about the durability and FE on these tyres. I guess we don't have a proof point yet on the durability/longevity of these tyres as they are new in the market.

Quote:
In SV variant, ORVM have to folded manually. I somehow feel that they do not fold enough inside. See the gap left once you fold them. My i10 ORVM used to fold much more inside. I'm not sure if same issue is on V/VX model with electrical folding ORVM
Will check mine and let you know. I saw that it folds less when compared to a Verna.

Thanks Again for the wonderful review and Wishing you many miles of Safe and Happy Driving
Old 28th March 2014, 23:19   #23
BHPian

Congrats for that wonderful car! I personally feel that honda city offers an awesome value for money package + auto box on lower trims is a breeze! You saved yourself from the torture of operating clutch in peak traffic hours. Those leather seats look great! absolutely fantastic fitting on that one but the beige color tends to get dirty very easily, you'll have to take extra care for that

One question though, those aluminium sports pedals look very tiny or they are infact very tiny? I was looking for a set of aluminium pedals for my Vento, but they would be fitted on the existing ones by drilling holes. I didn't wish to do that. Anyways, wish you a million miles on your new car. Honda tops the chart when it comes to reliability.
Old 29th March 2014, 06:41   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Congrats Buddy, I am a little late on this one (On travel outside BLR currently)

Any reason why the Duster was not considered? I sat in a Duster recently (the 110 BHP top end one) - I envied the Touch Control ICE.

It is too early now, but do keep us updated on how these tyres wear out. I primarily went for the XM2 as I was worried about the durability and FE on these tyres. I guess we don't have a proof point yet on the durability/longevity of these tyres as they are new in the market.

Thanks Again for the wonderful review and Wishing you many miles of Safe and Happy Driving
Thanks a lot srivatsa. I've been inspired by //M and your thread to write a detailed ownership report

Somehow Duster never excited me from looks perspective and which is subjective of course so never considered.

Honda has done cost cutting at lot of places but the sheer fun to drive this AT puts everything behind very fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh.m06 View Post
Congrats for that wonderful car! I personally feel that honda city offers an awesome value for money package + auto box on lower trims is a breeze! You saved yourself from the torture of operating clutch in peak traffic hours. Those leather seats look great! absolutely fantastic fitting on that one but the beige color tends to get dirty very easily, you'll have to take extra care for that

One question though, those aluminium sports pedals look very tiny or they are infact very tiny? I was looking for a set of aluminium pedals for my Vento, but they would be fitted on the existing ones by drilling holes. I didn't wish to do that. Anyways, wish you a million miles on your new car. Honda tops the chart when it comes to reliability.
Thanks a lot. AT is so awesome to drive. You miss the control that manual gives you but when you have to drive in bumper to bumper traffic, you appreciate having AT.

I wish I could settle for darker shade as posted earlier but the beige fabric on the side doors would look very weird with dark shade on seat. It does get dirty every 3-4 days but it's pretty easy to clean, takes about 5-10 minutes so I'm OK. Also, I had a darker shade on my i10 and with this lighter shade, I find the cabin much more roomier and bright.

The aluminum sports pedal are exactly the size as the rubber pedals that come as stock. They remove the stock rubber pedals and attach these. There are bunch of screws on pedal by which it is attached. Those black circles you see, some of them are screws.
Old 30th March 2014, 21:37   #25
BANNED

Congrats Neel on acquiring a beauty of its kind and mind you the looks killer in the white shade with those Neo Alloys.

White is nice shade and the front garish chrome gets subdued and doesn't hit the eye as compared in the darker colour seen.

Wishing you happy and long peaceful ownership with lots of miles to clock!

Anurag.
Old 30th March 2014, 22:21   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Many, many congratulations neel911. The white City indeed looks gorgeous, and those red taillamps accentuate the looks even further!

The CVT boasts of best in class mileage (even over the petrol MT) so you should get some great figures while driving inside city. Not to mention the added convenience of an AT and the addition of the L mode as well.

Wishing you plenty of fantastic miles ahead. Rev hard but drive safe, my friend.
Old 31st March 2014, 00:55   #27
BHPian

Congratulations.
I can imagine the pride as I own OHC AT.
Please let us know about ride quality, suspension and GC.
FE of 7-8kmpl is very low and not expected from Honda and perticularly CVT.
Old 31st March 2014, 06:57   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Congrats Neel on acquiring a beauty of its kind and mind you the looks killer in the white shade with those Neo Alloys.

White is nice shade and the front garish chrome gets subdued and doesn't hit the eye as compared in the darker colour seen.

Wishing you happy and long peaceful ownership with lots of miles to clock!

Anurag.
Thanks a lot Anurag. Initially I was really contemplating whether to go for those twin front grill from the Honda Accessory list. However I thought I could wait for that and now I feel that the new grill kind if grows on you and now I'm loving it as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Many, many congratulations neel911. The white City indeed looks gorgeous, and those red taillamps accentuate the looks even further!

The CVT boasts of best in class mileage (even over the petrol MT) so you should get some great figures while driving inside city. Not to mention the added convenience of an AT and the addition of the L mode as well.

Wishing you plenty of fantastic miles ahead. Rev hard but drive safe, my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
Congratulations.
I can imagine the pride as I own OHC AT.
Please let us know about ride quality, suspension and GC.
FE of 7-8kmpl is very low and not expected from Honda and perticularly CVT.
Thanks a lot Avi and Alaap. For me, it's been about 6 years in Bangalore and the traffic has got horrendous day by day. I'm glad I went for AT and that too with one of the most reliable brands. These days, I just try to find a reason to take my Unicorn out . Surprisingly my wife has got more independent as she finds it much easy to drive AT and not depend on me.

With respect to FE, I'll be sharing the same after clocking few more hundred miles to average it out. In city however I do not expect it to go more than 11-12. Currently I've completed around 300km and I'm already seeing it go on higher side of 9.

With CVT, it's a bit of learning on how the engine works, and once you understand the same, you'll love every bit of it and it shall help you in improving your FE as well. I'm very happy with the ride quality and suspension has been improved as well. GC is excellent and I've not been able to scrap the bottom till now even though I had to go over some really uneven pot holes and speed breakers. I have however upgraded my tyres which has added 3-4mm of GC as well.
Old 31st March 2014, 14:47   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the car. Nice pics of your car and your daughter. She seems very sweet too.It was a good idea on your part not to put chinese alloys on your car.Aftermarket alloys can cause wheel bearings to wear out faster if the wheels are not upto manafacturer specs. With Neo's the specs for the wheels like PCD would be at par with manufacturer's specifications.

Wishing you thousands of happy motoring miles.
Old 31st March 2014, 15:18   #30
BHPian

Congratulations on your new purchase. It is looking awesome in wow colour. And the interiors are great I'm my honest opinion. Wish you many happy and safe miles.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks