Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2015, 22:24   #46
BHPian

Re: The Baby Benz - My Mercedes B-Class

I will check that drmohitg, need to read the manual once again.

Btw, has anyone asked if MB can give navigation to the B180 CDI as an add on? Also certain features like lane change assist etc which aren't part of the origins equipment? Planning to write to MB directly. My dealer said the hardware for navigation exists but the software isn't in there.
Old 14th March 2015, 14:07   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Did you check the manual?
Thanks drmohitg. I read the manual and found that in B180 the sensor will adjust the speed of the wiper based on intensity of the rain, but I need to turn it on myself (move from the 0 to ....) position. With rainy season coming up in about few months I will try and keep it at the .... position to see if it runs instantly or waits for the rain. I didn't try it on in a dry day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedub89 View Post
Was trying to make a point that it uses up a lot fluid just to see the headlight washer working.
Actually this happened to me as well. I am getting messages to "Top up washer fluid" just after one day in rain and once I had used washer to clean up the dirt. Guess the tank is a travel sipper!
Old 17th March 2015, 12:38   #48
BHPian

It is what it is!

Let me know if MB gives you a favourable response on adding the navigation system to our cars.
That's one thing I definitely wanna have in my car.

My car has run close to 9000kms. The 1 year service interval is up in April. Will share the service costs once I get the service done.
BTW have you gone in for your 3 months free checkup, srinih75?

Cheers!
Old 18th March 2015, 18:24   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinih75 View Post
Btw, has anyone asked if MB can give navigation to the B180 CDI as an add on?
Dear Srinih and Veedub89,

I drive a B180CDI. I received a snail mail from T&T motors suggesting that Navigation is available for the B180 also now. They have quoted a price of Rs. 95,000 for the same.

Quote:
My car has run close to 9000kms. The 1 year service interval is up in April. Will share the service costs once I get the service done.
BTW have you gone in for your 3 months free checkup, srinih75?
Cheers!
Dear Veedub89,
Not sure if I thanked you earlier. I bought my B180 after I read your posts. So thank you! I bought the same colour as yours.
Also, I completed 15K and got my car serviced. Total service charge was ~ Rs. 25K.
aseemsood is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 12:22   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseemsood View Post
Dear Srinih and Veedub89,

I drive a B180CDI. I received a snail mail from T&T motors suggesting that Navigation is available for the B180 also now. They have quoted a price of Rs. 95,000 for the same.

Dear Veedub89,
Not sure if I thanked you earlier. I bought my B180 after I read your posts. So thank you! I bought the same colour as yours.
Also, I completed 15K and got my car serviced. Total service charge was ~ Rs. 25K.
Hey Aseem!
I am glad I could help you out in deciding on the B-class. When I wanted to research on the B on the forum I did not get a lot of information so as soon as I had the car I decided to put up a review. No need for thanks! I am just happy my review made sense to people!

95 grand seems a bit excessive but I guess that's what we get for buying a Merc! Related topic being discussed else where on the forum.
Though I must say it is welcome news. Are you considering putting in navigation in your car?

25K is in the ballpark of the other germans I think. I was expecting somewhere around that figure anyways.
Old 21st March 2015, 13:45   #51
BHPian

Little bit of rotten luck today

The car went into a pothole at about 50km/h and the tyre sidewall now has a bulge in it.
I am not sure if I should replace the tyre. Any suggestions from the forum?
Is the damage that bad to need a replacement?
Attached Thumbnails
The Baby Benz - My Mercedes B-Class-img_0354.jpg  

The Baby Benz - My Mercedes B-Class-img_0355.jpg  

Old 22nd March 2015, 11:10   #52
Senior - BHPian

My commiserations. I had a similar incident and did end up replacing the tyre. I'd advise you do likewise as it seems the structural integrity gets affected once a bulge like this develops. Don't risk it.
Old 22nd March 2015, 11:26   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, that tyre is definitely an urgent replacement job.
Old 22nd March 2015, 19:36   #54
BHPian

The marks on the rim shows the wheel took a pretty nasty hit. And yes bulged sidewall is a bad thing to have in any wheel. If you took the extra coverage from MB you can claim it. i have taken the tyre replacement protection.
Old 23rd March 2015, 13:39   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Little bit of rotten luck today

The car went into a pothole at about 50km/h and the tyre sidewall now has a bulge in it.
I am not sure if I should replace the tyre. Any suggestions from the forum?
Is the damage that bad to need a replacement?
Change the tyre asap like others have mentioned. Seems like it was a bad hit. Also get the rim checked for any damage when replacing the tyre.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2015, 16:28   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Change the tyre asap like others have mentioned. Seems like it was a bad hit. Also get the rim checked for any damage when replacing the tyre.
Thanks Akshay. I got a new Vredestein.
Luckily the rim was good and there were no damages to it.

While I was at the tyre shop, the owner suggested that he could repair the tyre by essentially putting a patch on the inside of the tyre where the tear (and hence the bulge) had occurred. Has anyone done this sort of repair?
He was quoting around 2200 bucks for the repair job.
Old 29th March 2015, 12:48   #57
BHPian

So the Mercedes dealer in my city is offering me a the old edition 1 for 35 while the new top end facelift is going for 38. Will it be worth saving that 3l extra or do the new additions make a difference?

The steering wheel from the C is fine, but the new COMAND, navigation, Color display in between the dials, and most importantly the new more powerful engine are really enticing.

What do you guys think? Has anyone driven the new B with the upgraded engine? Does it make a difference in the way the car feels?
Old 29th March 2015, 13:51   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
So the Mercedes dealer in my city is offering me a the old edition 1 for 35 while the new top end facelift is going for 38. Will it be worth saving that 3l extra or do the new additions make a difference?

The steering wheel from the C is fine, but the new COMAND, navigation, Color display in between the dials, and most importantly the new more powerful engine are really enticing.

What do you guys think? Has anyone driven the new B with the upgraded engine? Does it make a difference in the way the car feels?
I havn't driven the car, but 3L is too less to go for a pre-facelift version. There have been a good amount of changes on the new facelift. I wouldn't go for the old one. Personally C would be best for you, but the B is definitely the most "practical" of their cars.
kartavya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 00:31   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartavya View Post
I havn't driven the car, but 3L is too less to go for a pre-facelift version. There have been a good amount of changes on the new facelift. I wouldn't go for the old one. Personally C would be best for you, but the B is definitely the most "practical" of their cars.
Didn't think so. Sadly C is out for me as the car will also be used by my dad (60+) so ingress/egress and rear comfort is paramount. I love him too much to put him through that torture of a rear seat!

He liked the ingress/egress and overall comfort on the backseat of the B a lot more than the C and GLA. Didn't dare to ask him to try the CLA.
Old 30th March 2015, 12:35   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post

Just go for the new one! Don't second guess yourself.

The new B has more power, LED headlights, sunroof and a couple of other features thrown in. Just for that extra horsepower you should go for the new one. However, if budget is a constraint then I suggest you test drive both the cars back to back to see for yourself if you can live with a slightly lesser powerful car.
The other features are more of a novelty rather than utilitarian.
If you do decide to go the older one just ensure the car has been stored properly and do the full TBHP PDI checklist before taking delivery as the car would have been with the dealer for a long time.
Keep us posted with what you decide. We need more B's on the forum!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks