Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2015, 16:15   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Baby Benz - My Mercedes B-Class

Quote:
Just go for the new one! Don't second guess yourself.
You are in the market, and have the budget for a car of this price. Go for the new one, with greater owner satisfaction, etc, etc, etc. In this price bracket, 3Lakh seems a small discount for previous-model.

You are buying something that (unless you change regularly) will be with you for years. On the day of buying, 3Lakh might seem quite a lot of money: after three, four, five years, it will be insignificant, and you will have enjoyed the extras.

Buy and be happy: it is better, and far better economy, than buying and having doubt
Old 31st March 2015, 21:28   #62
BHPian

The new additional features are good. What I didn't like is the wood trim is gone and is a aluminum finish. Sunroof is nifty but if you are in a city like Bangalore where its dusty and are having pan spitting bus riders then effectively it wont be used. Yes the roof top as a glass window gives an airy feeling.

Last edited by srinih75 : 31st March 2015 at 21:29. Reason: spelling errors fixed
srinih75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2015, 14:15   #63
BHPian

Got my first service done today. The car had completed an year but the odo was at 9000kms.
So the Service A as it is called includes all fluid changes and filter element changes. Standard stuff.
The cost for the service alone was Rs. 8,800, then there were the consumables and taxes which made the total bill at Rs. 21,018.

The experience was good though it did take a lot of time for me to take delivery of the car after the service was done. Workshop was clean and the car that came out of it was super clean.
Merc recommends you take a road test before officially taking delivery so we obliged and after that the road test the car was wiped again to make it spotless. Seriously I could have eaten of off that.

All in all a good experience. The next one is a year away now.

Cheers!
Old 23rd June 2015, 18:09   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedub89 View Post
Hey Aseem!

I am glad I could help you out in deciding on the B-class. When I wanted to research on the B on the forum I did not get a lot of information so as soon as I had the car I decided to put up a review. No need for thanks! I am just happy my review made sense to people!

95 grand seems a bit excessive but I guess that's what we get for buying a Merc! Related topic being discussed else where on the forum.

Though I must say it is welcome news. Are you considering putting in navigation in your car?

25K is in the ballpark of the other germans I think. I was expecting somewhere around that figure anyways.

Dear veedub89,
I got this GPS system offer from T&T motors via email today. They have revised the price to 35k from 95k.
The Baby Benz - My Mercedes B-Class-imageuploadedbyteambhp1435063126.381100.jpg
Old 19th July 2015, 13:48   #65
BHPian

I checked with my dealership, the colour panel cannot be added to 2014 B180. So please check how this can affect the warranty etc.
Old 23rd July 2015, 01:21   #66
BHPian

Hey guys, I'm a bit late to this forum but after reading the review and comments of the car, I got interested in the Merc B 180 CDI. Actually I'm being offered a preowned January 2014 model which has done about 8000 kms for about 22Lacs. Is is worth buying? What should the price of the car be?
Awaiting your comments.
Thanks.
Old 26th July 2015, 09:09   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
Actually I'm being offered a preowned January 2014 model which has done about 8000 kms for about 22Lacs. Is is worth buying? What should the price of the car be?
Awaiting your comments.
Thanks.

8000 km does nothing to the car engine. If the car has been maintained well from the outside then you must consider it. 22L net looks like a good price. Before buying my B I got an offer for a petrol B180 which had done 1,400 km. asking price was 20L. I did not take it though.

Several dealerships also offer demo cars for sale. They have normally done less than 12k. Good thing about those cars is that you are still the first owner of the car. As a result you get a better rate of interest compared to getting a second hand car financing.

Good luck!
Old 15th August 2015, 12:52   #68
BHPian

Hi all, mostly next month I would have to do the service A for my car. It has clocked nearly 12500 kms. So far no major issues (touch wood). When I go over a hump I hear some clank sound. Not sure what it is. Will get that checked out. Once a while I can hear some sound like that of the AC condenser coil in old refrigerator as well. Any other aspect you all would recommend?
Old 2nd October 2015, 10:20   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedub89 View Post
Thanks Akshay. I got a new Vredestein.

Luckily the rim was good and there were no damages to it.

While I was at the tyre shop, the owner suggested that he could repair the tyre by essentially putting a patch on the inside of the tyre where the tear (and hence the bulge) had occurred. Has anyone done this sort of repair?

He was quoting around 2200 bucks for the repair job.

Hi,
One tyre on my B has developed a bulge on the side wall. I donor see any damage on the rim or remember if the tyre went into a pothole or anything.

1. Could such a thing be a manufacturing defect? Should I ask merc or tyre maker, Michelin to check?
2. Or should I just go in for a new tyre?
3. Are you happy with the new tyre that you bought?The Baby Benz - My Mercedes B-Class-imageuploadedbyteambhp1443761427.733157.jpg
Old 3rd October 2015, 09:59   #70
BHPian

My service A just got done last weekend. Total cost INR 40k. The car seems a bit peppier. So far odo reads 14600. Overall FE 5.4L/100 km.

Did a trip to Talakad and Shivanasamudram prior to the service. Good piece of engineering I can say this engine is. Until the last kilometre it was giving a consistent performance.

So far so good and the car hasn't burnt a hole in my pocket (touch wood).

Those who are doing high mileage I will recommend buying the Star Care package as you can save on service costs. It may be an upfront cost of 5-10% but your service cost would be reduced by 40% or so in 3 years.
Old 3rd October 2015, 10:15   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinih75 View Post
My service A just got done last weekend. Total cost INR 40k. The car seems a bit peppier. So far odo reads 14600. Overall FE 5.4L/100 km.

Holy Moly! That translates to somewhere close to 18.5 kms/l! Looks like the higher service costs will get offset by such low running costs 😂.
Old 3rd October 2015, 10:27   #72
BHPian

Quote:

Did a trip to Talakad and Shivanasamudram prior to the service. Good piece of engineering I can say this engine is. Until the last kilometre it was giving a consistent performance.

So far so good and the car hasn't burnt a hole in my pocket (touch wood).

Those who are doing high mileage I will recommend buying the Star Care package as you can save on service costs. It may be an upfront cost of 5-10% but your service cost would be reduced by 40% or so in 3 years.
Isnt 40K very high? I remember asking the SA of the servicing costs for the A class and he mentioned approxx 20K for the first 15,000 KMS service.

Did you get any parts changed?
Old 3rd October 2015, 15:22   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Forty thousand?

Are their service costs directly based on European charges?

This kind of running cost really negates the idea that the smaller Mercs are more accessible to those who are not rich.
Old 3rd October 2015, 18:25   #74
BHPian

The main cost came from 3 filters and the 6 lts of oil. It came to 26k. Labor came to 11k. I did wheel treatment for 3k which helps keep rims clean from break dust. 4k came from taxes. Yes, it is indeed on the higher side. On the brochure it was stated of running cost of approx INR 2/km which comes to 30k.

It is a bit of burden but its the price to be paid for the badge :(

My sales guy too said 15-18k. But I guess its not including the parts I guess. The svc adviser said that for the amount of dust and oil stained smoke from exhaust the filters wear our very fast. He gave me a heads up of 60k for service B which will include couple of more parts like diesel filter and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
Holy Moly! That translates to somewhere close to 18.5 kms/l! Looks like the higher service costs will get offset by such low running costs 😂.
During my trip to Kerala the FE readings are even awesome. It was showing 4.7L/100kms. In fact the total average moved from 5.4 to 5.3 due to that. This car isn't great for 100% city as it brings down the FE to about 11L/100kms. Also the risk of some unwanted scratch/dent from some careless dude.

Mods: Btw, this is a back to back post but I didn't merge because my earlier post was on another context. Hope this is fine, else will work on clubbing all in my next post onwards.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 3rd October 2015 at 22:06. Reason: Please refrain from posting back-to-back posts in quick succession. Use the edit button instead.
Old 4th October 2015, 09:00   #75
BHPian

Quote:

Service A for my B class at 14500km cost me Rs. 26k including taxes. I am getting ready for service B now as the car has done 28k already. Service B must be expensive.

You are getting excellent fuel economy. Enjoy :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks