Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2014, 22:48   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 VW Polo 1.5L TDI: Test-Drive Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Any news on the launch of the GT variants .
I thought VW would launch the GT variants by 15th of August, but it didn't happen.
I believe IndianAuto Blog is mentioning that the new GT has already arrived with a black spoiler and black glossy rear view mirrors.
Old 18th August 2014, 23:59   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC View Post
I'm sorry, I do not agree with your statement that the new engine 'is comparable only to the earlier 3 pot engine'.

It is comparable to every other diesel engine currently running on hatchbacks across the country. And apart from NVH levels, it smokes the rest of the competition away.
My mistake. Sorry for the confusion.

What I meant was that the New Polo is the replacement for the earlier 3 pot engine. Since Vid6639 was mentioning that the performance was not comparable with the earlier GT Tdi, I mentioned that the GT replacement is yet to be launched.

Polo is a great car. More so with the new engine. I had owned the car for over 3 years and I am it's biggest fan.
Old 19th August 2014, 22:15   #48
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the GT TSi and the CrossPolo have been very quietly launched

http://www.rushlane.com/volkswagen-p...-12128000.html

I don't think we will get the GT Tdi before next month and also i have a feeling that the vento's also might get the new 1.5 Tdi from next month onwards.
Old 19th August 2014, 22:40   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

http://www.rushlane.com/volkswagen-p...-12128000.html

I don't think we will get the GT Tdi before next month and also i have a feeling that the vento's also might get the new 1.5 Tdi from next month onwards.
I see the new cross Polo but the GT TSI in those pics is the older one and not the newer facelifted one.
Old 20th August 2014, 09:07   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

I see the new cross Polo but the GT TSI in those pics is the older one and not the newer facelifted one.
I agree with Vid here. In fact, none of the GT's pictured in the article are the facelifted ones.

The 'Rush Lane' confirms the GT's will have Piano Black Finish on the ORVMs & Rear Spoilers, which none of the GT's seem to have. Neither do they have the updated Head lights or front facia.

P.S - With 1.5 TDI under the hood, Cross Polo suddenly seems a Brilliant hatch-over now.
Old 20th August 2014, 10:31   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post

The 'Rush Lane' confirms the GT's will have Piano Black Finish on the ORVMs & Rear Spoilers, which none of the GT's seem to have. Neither do they have the updated Head lights or front facia.

P.S - With 1.5 TDI under the hood, Cross Polo suddenly seems a Brilliant hatch-over now.
Here you go .
check this link
http://indianautosblog.com/2014/08/2...s-start-141634
Old 20th August 2014, 10:54   #52
BHPian

Quote:
the link quotes autocolumn as its source, which had come out with the pics over the weekend. so there is only one source of the info till now. waiting for some more pics, especially the interiors.
Old 27th August 2014, 13:32   #53
Senior - BHPian

Looks the GT Tdi's have started reaching the dealers.
Yesterday got a call from a dealer mentioning that they have received a white GT Tdi but he was not sure if that the test drive car or for sale.
Old 27th August 2014, 13:37   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Why would someone who wants to buy a Polo opt for the Cross Polo instead of the GT TDi, given the premium pricing it commands just for cosmetics?
Old 27th August 2014, 13:49   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Why would someone who wants to buy a Polo opt for the Cross Polo instead of the GT TDi, given the premium pricing it commands just for cosmetics?
Hey CrAzY dRiVeR I think the answer is in your question !!

I believe Cross Polo is neither an alternative to a Regular Polo nor a GT TDI. Someone who is capable of going in for Polo Highline 1.5 TDI may want to stretch a tiny bit for a Cross Polo.

GT TDI for the same individual could account to a big stretch.

I may be wrong here but I think if Cross Polo is priced between Highline & GT TDi.

Cosmetic changes does have many buyers for sure. Cross Polo may not be the best choice, but surely a different one from the rest of the Pack!!

Last edited by Vik0728 : 27th August 2014 at 13:52.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 14:05   #56
Senior - BHPian

Everyone seems to be impressed with the new Polo. And no doubt it seems to be a lot improved than the previous version. But what have they done to improve their negative after sales reputation? I think only time will tell. I have a gut feeling that history will repeat itself. They will gather more and more customers and fail to deliver post sales! Just my opinion though, could prove to be wrong also.
Old 27th August 2014, 14:15   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
But what have they done to improve their negative after sales reputation?
I own a Polo and have completed 3 years of ownership. They have improved considerably from where they began. If today I am looking for another car, I will not hesitate to go ahead buying one from VW.

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th August 2014 at 14:35.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 14:32   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
I own a Polo and have completed 3 years of ownership. They have improved considerably from what they began. If today I am looking for another car, I will not hesitate to go ahead buying one from VW.
I do wish they stand to this line. I have been a proud owner for about 2 months and really love the car. As of now, I wouldn't mind picking another VW as my next car too.
Old 27th August 2014, 22:11   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Cross Polo may not be the best choice, but surely a different one from the rest of the Pack!!
Coming to think more about it- yes, you are right. When we went to the VW showroom to check out the GT TSi, wife was bowled over by the looks of the red Cross Polo. In her opinion- it looks unique compared to the regular hatchbacks. Frankly- I also preferred the looks over a regular polo (except if it comes in black!)

At that time it was a pity Cross Polo came with a 1.2L diesel only. Now, it is no doubt a segment best- no matter how insignificant the segment may be! And- unless the Avventura has some ace up its sleeve- it's likely to hold on to that position for sometime.
Old 7th September 2014, 08:20   #60
Team-BHP Support

2014 VW Polo 1.5L TDI: Test-Drive Thread

Took a test drive of the Polo 1.5 TDi yesterday -
  • + The first that hits you is the looks. I think the refreshed Polo is still a beautiful car and the chrome looks much better in person than it does in the pics. Could compare the older car v/s the new one, and I'd choose the new looks. Overall - the best looking hatchback on sale today, IMO beating the Punto Evo!
  • - The second thing that hits you is the sheer size. Somehow the Polo feels small now comparing the other cars in the segment, and wife was quick to point out that is a small car.

• + Rear seat space is discussed as a major negative for the Polo, but frankly me being near 6'' - I was happy at the back seat after setting the front to my liking. Sure, there are no acres of legspace - but my feet were not touching the front seat - and i REALLY liked the support provided by the back seat. A bit more underthigh support and i would have provided maximum marks for the back seat. A strict 2 seater though!
  • + Get onto the front and the sheer quality strikes you. The steering wheel is beautiful - and adjustable for tilt and reach! Every single part still retains that quality feel VW is famous for!
  • - I love solid build cars - and love the VWs and FIATs for this quality. However, the new Polo felt distinctly lighter than the older generation car on display. The THUD sound while closing the door was clankier, and the door clearly felt lighter than the pre-refresh Polo in the same showroom. Mind you - its still one of the best in the business, and the difference is noticeable only once you compare it to the earlier car side by side.

• + Take it for a spin - and what hits you immediately is a wall of torque. The older car's lag is history. The new 1.5 TDi makes city traffic effortless and has oodles of torque right from idle rpms. On an incline - I felt like shifting back to 1st gear thanks to my Punto experience, but the polo just pushed forward so effortlessly in second itself.
  • + The suspension is beautifully tuned as well. It offers a beautiful ride and felt connected to the road at the same time. Since i drove in traffic, can't vouch for the handling though I bet it will be good.

• - - - With all these positives - I still was disappointed with the car for this one reason. The mid-range is FLAT! The car responds well till about 1500 - 1800 rpms and then goes dead. The response is so linear, turbo kick so absent that there is no fun to be had with the car. Totally disappointed with this aspect. Mind you - the car is still powerful but it's just the way that power is delivered that disappoints. The main thing I love about turbo diesels is their fantastic mid-range and the 1.5 TDi feels dead around this area - and it feels like VW has restricted the mid-range to make a clear distinction of the 1.5 TDi being a city car compared to the GT twins. I have driven the Vento 1.6 TDi and love it, so all the more disappointed with the downsized 1.5

Overall - one of the best small cars out there, but not fun. Would like to wait for the GT TDi test drive for that!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th September 2014 at 08:45.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks