Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2015, 00:35   #121

Re: 2014 VW Polo 1.5L TDI: Test-Drive Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
Congrats !

For your requirements, i think the Primacy 3ST in 195/60 R15 is the best choice. Have it for two years and really comfortable and silent rubber. You can also go for S drives in 205/55 R15 if you value that extra bit of road grip and cornering.
Thanks for the sugeestions DrPudhi. I had decided to not go for type upgrades I get the Apollo Alancs, but to my surprise, when I went to check on my car, found out that it has MRF ZVTVs! Now I feel like going for an upgrade, but will probably stick to the stock size.
Old 28th April 2015, 02:25   #122
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by srichida View Post

Thanks for the sugeestions DrPudhi. I had decided to not go for type upgrades I get the Apollo Alancs, but to my surprise, when I went to check on my car, found out that it has MRF ZVTVs! Now I feel like going for an upgrade, but will probably stick to the stock size.
MRF ZVTV are good enough for regular driving but not spirited. If your low on budget then let the ZVTV remain to they wear out or else get them upgraded to Yokohama Earth 1 or Michelin XM2.

I am waiting for the tyres on my Swift (currently at 43K in 1.4 years) to wear out which are MRF ZVTV 's so that I can change to Earth 1 or XM2.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2015, 12:48   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
MRF ZVTV are good enough for regular driving ...
Thanks a4anurag! How do they stack against the Apollo Alnacs?
Old 28th April 2015, 15:33   #124
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by srichida View Post

Thanks a4anurag! How do they stack against the Apollo Alnacs?
Alnacs are much better than ZVTV. I'll prefer Apollo as it is a development on the Accellers.
Old 27th May 2015, 20:18   #125
BHPian

Hello everyone. This is my first post on Team BHP and I am absolutely thrilled to be a part of this forum. I would like to seek help from fellow enthusiasts on a peculiar issue that I am facing with my Polo 1.5 TDI Comfortline.
While negotiating bad roads, I can hear rattles from behind the dash area/steering column. There is another sound which seems to come from the front suspension too( on the same bad roads). I am aware of the rattling issue from the dashboard that the Polo suffers from but I fear mine might be a little serious as I can feel the potholes on the steering wheel too. Any pointers on the next steps will be really helpful. I do not want to go to the service center before taking an opinion on this forum.
Old 27th May 2015, 22:25   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddu View Post
Hello everyone. This is my first post on Team BHP and I am absolutely thrilled to be a part of this forum. I would like to seek help from fellow enthusiasts on a peculiar issue that I am facing with my Polo 1.5 TDI Comfortline.

While negotiating bad roads, I can hear rattles from behind the dash area/steering column. There is another sound which seems to come from the front suspension too( on the same bad roads). I am aware of the rattling issue from the dashboard that the Polo suffers from but I fear mine might be a little serious as I can feel the potholes on the steering wheel too. Any pointers on the next steps will be really helpful. I do not want to go to the service center before taking an opinion on this forum.

I have experienced something similar on my Vento. The suspension is soft and the steering is light. Hence you may end up experiencing the road undulations and slight shake in the steering column if that is what you are refering to.
There is some noise of the front suspension especially when there is no passenger. If the sound is prominent all the time it could be something serious What tyre pressure do you maintain?
Old 28th May 2015, 09:07   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit-Dude View Post
I have experienced something similar on my Vento. The suspension is soft and the steering is light. Hence you may end up experiencing the road undulations and slight shake in the steering column if that is what you are refering to.
There is some noise of the front suspension especially when there is no passenger. If the sound is prominent all the time it could be something serious What tyre pressure do you maintain?
Thanks for your feedback, Detroit-Dude. Yes I meant that slight shake in the steering. I don't remember noticing that in the TD car that I drove. It was a Highline though with the leather wrapped steering. Maybe that negated the shaky feeling to a little extent. Also, I did not get to drive on bad roads during the TD.
As far as the noise is concerned, it comes irrespective of a passenger being there or not. I maintain 32 psi on all the four tyres.
Old 9th October 2015, 19:57   #128
BHPian

Looks like VW has upgraded the car with features recently. Cruise control, cooled glove box and electrically foldable OVRMS with turn indicators. Did anyone check the same? How useful is cruise control in a car with manual transmission?
Prices have increased as well. The OTR for 1.5 TDI Highline comes to about 9.5L :(
Old 4th November 2015, 15:43   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post
Looks like VW has upgraded the car with features recently. Cruise control, cooled glove box and electrically foldable OVRMS with turn indicators. Did anyone check the same? How useful is cruise control in a car with manual transmission?
Prices have increased as well. The OTR for 1.5 TDI Highline comes to about 9.5L :(
I too saw it on VW website. However nothing about this was mentioned to me when i took a TD yesterday. May be because the car which i drove didnt had those features.

I am really confused whether to go for Comfortline or Highline. Not sure whether the extra features is worth the difference(close to 75k). Some advice please.

And any idea on the real world mileage ? Even VW says only 20.14 but the service personnel says it can easily return 22+.
Old 4th November 2015, 17:07   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunmichael View Post
I too saw it on VW website. However nothing about this was mentioned to me when i took a TD yesterday. May be because the car which i drove didnt had those features.

I am really confused whether to go for Comfortline or Highline. Not sure whether the extra features is worth the difference(close to 75k). Some advice please.

And any idea on the real world mileage ? Even VW says only 20.14 but the service personnel says it can easily return 22+.

Thank you. If the features that are mentioned is actually present in the car, highline is worth the money. If you're on a tight budget, go for the comfortline. I had Polo highline petrol earlier and now I can't think of having comfortline car. The ACC, Bluetooth, steering mounted controls etc are very important for me.
Astonite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 17:41   #131
BHPian

I took a TD of new Honda Jazz yesterday. I must admit that its the most spacious hatch. But in almost all other aspect i feel the polo 1.5 tdi is better, except the mileage and 'magic seats'.
Can anyone comment on the stock bulbs of polo ? Comfortline and highline has dual beam headlights.. so do they work together or just one at a time (low and high beam) ?
Old 9th November 2015, 23:22   #132

Quote:

It doesn't easily return 22! You have to work hard. That being said, on highways, I have no problem getting ~20kmp with ACC always on at 23 deg. Bangalore City is another thing altogether, I get around ~12kmpl on average. This is for the 1.5 TDI
srichida is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 04:33   #133
BHPian

An update. Looks like I'm going to buy the Polo 1.5TDI Highline.
Test drive elite i20 and the Polo back to back. May be because I had a Polo earlier, I liked the Polo better than the i20. Getting a lot of opposing reactions on going for a Polo again but I don't like any other car now. Got an amazing discount as well. Payment will be made next week and taking delivery after Jan 15th.
Old 15th November 2015, 08:52   #134
BHPian

Congrats Astonite. At least you made a decision. I have been breaking my head on these two. Heart says Polo and Head says i20. The price difference between Highline TDI and Asta (O) is around 1 lakh OTR. We are a family of 5 and just because of that i might end up with i20. I have nothing against i20 its just that the driver inside me love the polo.
arunmichael is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 20:36   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Astonite. At least you made a decision. I have been breaking my head on these two. Heart says Polo and Head says i20. The price difference between Highline TDI and Asta (O) is around 1 lakh OTR. We are a family of 5 and just because of that i might end up with i20. I have nothing against i20 its just that the driver inside me love the polo.
Hi Arun,
I own a Polo 1.5TDI from last 10+ months, driven around 11000kms.
Here are few things which might help you:
1. As you might have noticed, written by few of the BHPians, there is occasional minor quirking noise inside body, which you may not notice, if you have music system on.
2. I love the stock music system, itself. Very good.
3. Bought from VW Palace cross. They have two service centers. However, in case you need to replace any parts, then you have to visit Hesaraghatta road. Though its a rare occasion to visit service, its a pain in my opinion. However they drop the car back to home/place of convenience after service/repair. Being on Bangalore roads is being on a war field, so, you would keep visiting more often than you think to fix those bumpers and lights.
4. Now, on mileage, if you are very light on throttle, if you could resist yourself from pushing that peddle , then you would easily get 20Kmpl on highways. In the bangalore city limits, where I take 1.25hrs to cover 13kms, I get 10Kmpl. in case I cover this distance, in 45 mins, then I get 14kmpl! Yesterday I did a quick drive to Shivanasamudra, and could see 20Kmpl, driving around 80Kmph.
5. On highways, nothing like driving a 1.5TDI Polo, Just the behavior and the smooth at which this machine moves is just worth the experience. I have overtaken many times on 4th and 5th gear, never had to down shift!
6. Colors like Blue (Which I own) is difficult to maintain. Minor scratches show up easily.
7. NVH is very good in my opinion. Many times, I don't get to know when a bike hits, scratches the sides, back and go :(.
ssbshankar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks