Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2015, 10:50   #91
BHPian

Re: 2014 Fiat Punto Evo - Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand.shankar View Post
Guys, Punto/Linea Owners:
*BTW an Update* My issue with seating and ergo is now sorted. I seemed to have found the right seat / Steering setting for my size, 6.3. Took close to 7K kms to settle in :P
I'm really struggling with this. I had a bad back pain and thigh pain after a short drive. I'm 6.1 and simply can't seem to find the perfect position. The bucket styled seats makes it worse. My thighs don't touch the seats at all. If I move it backwards, I can rest my thighs, but I have to stretch to hold the steering. Can't rest my legs. Can't rest my thighs. My buttocks complain due to bucket seats. Such a pain, all this. I'm curious to know a how you did it.

I'm planning to add a little cushion by placing a thin pillow on the base to level out the bucket effect. I'm really trying hard to figure out a way out of this!!
Old 19th November 2015, 20:05   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu View Post
I'm really struggling with this. I had a bad back pain and thigh pain after a short drive. I'm 6.1 and simply can't seem to find the perfect position. The bucket styled seats makes it worse. My thighs don't touch the seats at all. If I move it backwards, I can rest my thighs, but I have to stretch to hold the steering. Can't rest my legs. Can't rest my thighs. My buttocks complain due to bucket seats. Such a pain, all this. I'm curious to know a how you did it.

I'm planning to add a little cushion by placing a thin pillow on the base to level out the bucket effect. I'm really trying hard to figure out a way out of this!!

Have you played around with the seat height ? IMO thats what makes most of the difference. I fully stretch the seat when there is no one behind me, else I set it 2/3 notches ahead. Its takes a while, but I did manage to find a couple spots. That said, the under thigh support is not all that great, but it hasn't caused me any back ache yet.

Last edited by anand.shankar : 19th November 2015 at 20:09.
Old 19th April 2016, 10:46   #93
BHPian

dear friends,
I own a 2010 model fiat punto mjd which has clocked 129000 kms .I am planning to exchange my car with new punto evo .The dealer in lucknow is offering Rs250000 discount if i go for 90 HP sports or punto sportsivo .It seems good deal for the old car .Please posts your comments soon on the deal which would help form my opinion
regards
praveen singh
Old 4th May 2016, 20:34   #94

Hi,

Is the Punto 1.4L petrol version is still available? Checked with the Fiat Dealership in Chennai, they said only 1.2 L (Petrol) and 1.3L (diesel) cars are currently produced. I was informed that 1.4L is out of production from jan-16.

Is that true?

-Ananth
Old 5th May 2016, 07:23   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pananth View Post
Is the Punto 1.4L petrol version is still available?
The 1.4l petrol is still listed on Fiat India's website so my guess is it is available.

The 1.4l hardly sells so the dealers probably don't stock the car. You might want to check with another dealer. Start the conversation with what are all the petrol models available for the Punto and then tell them you are interested in the 1.4l variant. It might also be a built on order variant.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 5th May 2016 at 07:42.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 15:07   #96

Thank You Sandeepmohan.

Checked with both the fiat dealerships in Chennai. I also gave my details in Fiat's website while downloading the brochures.

It is confirmed that Punto1.4L is stopped since Dec 2015 :(

- Ananth
Old 14th August 2020, 23:06   #97

Need advice on Punto Evo

Hi Team,

I am currently going through a battle between the heart and the mind. After waiting for almost 5 years, in 2016, I laid my hands on Fiat Punto, the car I loved since 2011. I knew, at the point of time that the decision was purely based on emotions and there was little logic involved.

The ride till now was excellent and have no complaints at all. The emotions with which I bought the car, carried me through some good journeys.

However, with the exit of brand Fiat from India, there has been some sort of confusion regarding the timely availability OEM spares in the coming years of ownership. There is also some push from my family to sell the car, as they say sell it now, or wait till its worth to scrap. The resale value is anyway a gone case for Fiat.

I am a family man and the very thought of getting stranded on some road with no service backup scares me. It is just my fear or I am being too cautious?

My car has till now run around 32k, and apart from some repairable dents there are no issues. Many people around me say that it might be difficult to even get 4 lakhs if I sell it now. I am no expert to go through 99rpm or boodmo to procure the spare parts.

I need the team's advice on the following points:
  • What would the condition of the spares be in the coming future for Fiat cars?
  • Is the selling price quoted by the market right or wrong?
  • Should selling the car at such low mileage right or wrong?

At the end of the day, we all purchase Fiat cars for the sheer love of driving. But, alas, when the brand is not showing any interest, should I become more practical?

Note: Moderators, please move the topic to the appropriate thread, I was unsure about the right place to post.
Old 15th August 2020, 00:47   #98
BHPian

Answering your questions.

1. It's just your fear.

2. With Jeep and Mopar around there's no need to worry about spares and service.

3. Sale price don't want to comment. It's in general bad. What car can you buy with the money you get on selling the Punto that can match the build, drive quality etc of the Punto? With 2x that money?

4. Car buy/ sell is an individual choice. In my view KEEP IT. It doesn't make any sense to sell her unless you want to upgrade to Harrier, Compass, Hexa, Crysta, XUV category. Even then I'd keep this and get the Harrier if i so wanted a new car.

Don't have to go through 99rpm and boodmo. FASS is good and economical too for spares, parts and servicing. I go to FASS for all service needs. FNGs are jack of all, master of none i feel. FASS personnel are Fiat trained and they service just one family of cars - so naturally they will be good and swift at it. My car underwent a starter motor assembly replacement a week ago. The motor was in a tricky location and did require some familiarity on how to remove it. The technician removed it with ease. If it were a FNG they would have tried many ways to pull it out i felt.

I drive a Nov 2016, Linea MJD 51000 kms. Absolutely in love with the car. No intention of selling the car. There are a few examples of Fiat Punto and Lineas that have done between 2 to 3 lakh kms on the forum. Wish to join that club. Butta, AV and Pride in Hyderabad are all quite good with AV being very customer centric i felt. My car is in Mumbai since 2018 and should be back in Hyderabad from early 2021. Vroom and Landmark in Mumbai have been good too.

Do you have the extended warranty? Get the RSA. Is it Punto Multijet or Petrol?

I think you are going through a mid life crisis with the car. Spruce it up, get it in top shape mechanically and cosmetically. See related threads on T Bhp. You should be good to go till 2025 atleast.

Your worries are unfounded.

Last edited by bharatbits : 15th August 2020 at 01:13.
bharatbits is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 22:55   #99
BHPian

Hello Bhpians,

It's my first post here, and wanted it be in the car's thread that's very close to my heart. We lost our Etios in Chennai floods of 2015, and I managed to convince my dad to buy a Punto Evo 1.3D, 75HP in 2016. Loved every minute of driving it, but soon felt the need for more power. So we sold it in 2018 to buy an Ecosport 1.5D.

Now we're looking for a second car, a used one, as my better half is learning to drive. So I'm thinking of using it as an excuse to bring back a Punto to our garage. I'm also getting a good deal on a good Punto Evo 90HP, 2016 model with 40k on the ODO. However I'm skeptical on availability of spares. Considering the availability of spares, does it make sense to buy a used Punto Evo 90HP now? Looking forward to your valuable inputs.

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 08:08   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfTheGrey View Post
Hello Bhpians,

Considering the availability of spares, does it make sense to buy a used Punto Evo 90HP now? Looking forward to your valuable inputs.

Cheers!
Hi, I can advice you just based on my experience. FIAT cars age well and if you take care of the regular service / oil changes and maintenance, you will not have to be worried about getting stranded. 99rpm has been very good in supplying the spares as of now and I have never faced any issue in procuring from them. You will just need to find a local competent FNG who could take care of your vehicle for the next few years. But you will also need to take care of verifying the service history of the car before purchase. In the forums, I have seen two kinds of people owning FIAT - some of them like me who are very happy with FIAT even after 11 years of ownership and the second set of owners who have been facing niggles and are never happy with the purchase. So it could be hit or miss and you should not regret your decision after buying it.

My wife drives our 11 year old Punto MJD to work and she is in love with it. She says the diesel torque makes in easier for her to drive the vehicle inside the city.
gopikb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 08:33   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfTheGrey View Post
. Considering the availability of spares, does it make sense to buy a used Punto Evo 90HP now? Looking forward to your valuable inputs.
I’m in the same boat, in fact I have even short-listed a couple of 75 and 90 HP Puntos too. Don’t worry about spares, as for the engine related stuff you can put in Maruti and Tata spares. In fact even the clutch can be used from a Tata IIRC.

Your main concern should be things like brake pad, rotors etc, as recently there was a hike (and a subsequent fall too) in their prices. I own an Abarth, and I’m super happy except for the fact that my running has gone up like crazy. In the last two months, the car did 5,000+ Km. Thankfully it was mostly on the highways, so not much of a pinch in the pockets, but a diesel would be far more economical on the pocket.

As long as you have a competent mechanic working on your car, I don’t foresee any major issues as such.
blackwasp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2021, 07:08   #102
BHPian

Hi Team,

I am looking for a Punto Evo in Pune as my first car purchase. I am aware of most pros and cons with the car. Preference is for the 1.3 MJD over the petrol.

Any pointers to cars in Pune would be helpful. OLX has been my best friend for now.

How is the support/service/spares for the Punto in Pune given how it's been a couple of years since the model was discontinued?

What sort of maintenance/part replacement am I looking at for cars with 50-60k on the odo?

BHPians inputs will be very helpful
Old 22nd October 2021, 12:18   #103
BHPian

Does anyone have the part number for the this part (marked in image) in the Punto Evo / Linea center console? Thanks in advance.

2014 Fiat Punto Evo - Test Drive & Review-inkedmissingpart1_li.jpg
Old 11th January 2022, 10:52   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlQuazi View Post

What sort of maintenance/part replacement am I looking at for cars with 50-60k on the odo?

BHPians inputs will be very helpful
I can't really say about Pune since I am based in BLR. My Punto Evo 90hp has completed 1 lakh 10 thousand kms now. At around 50-60k you are looking at timing belt replacement, which is done at 90k for 90hp. Depending on the clutch wear and tear that should be replaced too. I got mine replaced at 90k. Tata indicas component were a direct fit at half the price. I think it costed somewhere around 15k for clutch assembly replacement. It wasn't expensive.

You might as well get new tires. If it's alloy look for bent alloys as Punto is very sensitive towards it. Steering feedback is very sensitive, hence it amplifies any irregularities in tires or alloys. I have a bent alloy and getting it replaced with Linea rims, which suits my purpose and is practical.

Based on previous owner driving habits, suspension bushes might need to be replaced as well. It isn't expensive. I got mine replaced around 1Lakh.

In general spares are available in big cities. I just got my break pad replaced and even the disk.

Overall I would say be mentally prepared to spend on replacing few wear and tear parts. It should be good for another 80-90k km or so.

Congrats in advance if you go through the purchase.
vj_torqueaddict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 11:47   #105
BHPian

Recently completed 9 years of ownership. Took it to Kabini. Have completed 1.15 Lakh. So far all good. Still looking to replace alloys.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Fiat Punto Evo - Test Drive & Review-pxl_20240107_0919147782.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks