Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2014, 10:48   #16
BHPian

re: VW Vento 1.5L Diesel DSG Comfortline (Automatic) - The Roadrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post
Dear Rejeen,
Great review of the 1.5 TDi DSG. I would advise you to go for the extended warranty in the first year itself as the price goes up twice in the 2nd year.

Check with the dealer, the price for the extended warranty is on the VW India website.
Thanks rpunwani. I think the VW site is yet to get the "New Vento" Warranty details. I've told John (EVM) to inform as soon as the extended warranty details are available. will check with him for any updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnredkar View Post
Hi Rejeen,

Congratulations on your new car. A very nice choice indeed. The night blue seems slightly darker than the shadow blue. I need to see the colour in person to gauge the difference.

Few quick things:
- In the pictures I noticed that you have kept both cabin lights at off. Keep one or both to switch on and off with the door. It has a nice dimming action and also a good indicator that the doors are closed.
- All the doors can always be opened from the inside. This is supposedly a safety feature. Earlier I was paranoid about it, but with the recent news of car fires I am thankful. If you have kids at the back, please engage child locks. If not, inform your family members about this "feature".
- There is a thread about the hidden features in Vento. Please go through it and you may find something useful.

Last but not least, enjoy your car

Regards,
Prasad
Thank You very much Prasad for the tips. I had noticed the door locks (mentioned under the "Do not happy with" part). Already informed family about this "feature". Will start using child locks.
Have already downloaded the hidden features list from the other thread. Plan to place order for a VCDS shortly from AliExpress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Fantastic review. So you too didnt get a test drive. Regarding the steering not weighing up to your liking, is it still the case after reducing the tyre pressure from 44psi to 32 psi ?

Can you let us know the cost of extended warranty ?
Thank You F150. Was too early for a test drive as the dealer had just received the car when I visited them. Had taken a test drive on Polo TSI in Feb (my original booking was for a Vento TSI as mentioned in the review).

Yes, the steering does not weigh up to my liking even after reducing the psi. It is not a big concern though. My benchmark is the Getz steering as I haven't driven other cars extensively.

Extended warranty for New Vento is not available as per the dealer. It is available for the New Polo.

Last edited by rejeen : 28th October 2014 at 10:50.
Old 28th October 2014, 11:48   #17

I also test drove vento dsg. However I had a few concerns.
1. Seats are hard, comfort level low.
2. Engine is still noisy specially when turbo kicks in. A quiet cabin is one of my priorities.
3.When you stop at a red light, either you shift gear to parking position or keep brake depressed all the time. In case there is a mishap or near collision, car may keep crawling if driver is injured or confused and does not keep constant pressure on the brakes after initial braking. Their executive informed me Jetta has this feature that if the car comes to a complete stop once, it will not move till you hit the gas pedal.
4. Suspension is not great either.
drnarenderdutt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 12:13   #18
BHPian

Congrats Rejeen on taking the early plunge. May you clock many trouble miles. I have no doubt that this is a well built car and will serve you a long time if you take good care of it.
neethi_raj is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 18:37   #19
BHPian

Great!

Hyundai steering is very city traffic oriented and does not weigh well. I have found it to be too easy on the hand, meaning you can make some un-intended swipe at high speeds, especially if your hand is rested on the window or on rest. That is different in the Vento (this is after my experience on driving both these for quite sometime). However, you will never feel the need to extra muscle power to steer it.
Is the reduced suspension an issue ? Did ever hit the road?
Is the A/C improved? The current Vento is pretty average, the rear seat is not the best place to be in and the rear blower is not very useful.
I can second you on tweeter (the current speakers do a very good job, but those would have been great!)
man_and_machine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 18:47   #20
BHPian

Congrats on a great buy. As a fellow owner for the last 3.9 years, I can say it will definitely delight you. Threads like yours kinda make folks like us think on replacing the MT versions with the AT-DSG.
All the best !
polopm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 19:24   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnarenderdutt View Post
I also test drove vento dsg. However I had a few concerns.
1. Seats are hard, comfort level low.
2. Engine is still noisy specially when turbo kicks in. A quiet cabin is one of my priorities.
3.When you stop at a red light, either you shift gear to parking position or keep brake depressed all the time. In case there is a mishap or near collision, car may keep crawling if driver is injured or confused and does not keep constant pressure on the brakes after initial braking. Their executive informed me Jetta has this feature that if the car comes to a complete stop once, it will not move till you hit the gas pedal.
4. Suspension is not great either.
1. I'm not very experienced with car seats. But the Vento seats weren't uncomfortable during by 2 hours non-stop drive. Personally I like the drivers seat to be not too soft.
2. Definitely noisy, with the turbo. But silent while cruising with music playing in low/normal volume.
3. While in Park mode, the car would crawl forward? I doubt that. The risk associated with an accident is always there even with MT when we use clutch/brake while waiting in traffic. I think Jetta might have additional safety features as it is from another segment.
4. It wasn't initially for me too until I reduced the psi from 44 to 33. Now the rear seat occupants are not complaining as the suspension is doing a pretty good job (not sure if you're comparing it with the multi-link suspension available in Jetta)

Jetta is a lot better in all of the above points as it is priced much higher. A comparison between both wouldn't be fair if you had that in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neethi_raj View Post
Congrats Rejeen on taking the early plunge.
Thanks Neethi_raj for the first part of your wishes. Guess I don't want to be in trouble
(I know you meant well)

Last edited by rejeen : 28th October 2014 at 19:25.
rejeen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 19:46   #22
BHPian

Congrats Rejeen! Enjoy all the miles you drive through.

I am in the market for a C segment car and did 4 test drives this Diwali weekend. One of them was this Vento DSG in toffee brown color. Somehow I liked the new color.

I felt a lazy response at lower speeds. But, once you cross 30-40 on the speedo, there is a visible surge in the power. Afterwards, it's a smooth and enjoyable ride. I was in the D-mode all along.
GC is good for the Bangalore roads. AC and backseat comfort are on par with the Honda city(My wife and cousin were in the backseat). The ICE is pretty basic, but I am not a big audiophile to complain about it. Interior quality is top notch, better than Honda city.
Cruise control is missing compared to Skoda Rapid.
ravinemala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 21:38   #23
BHPian

Congratulations Rejeen! Thats a fine car there Sir!

When the New Vento was launched there was a solid itch to go for it to replace my current Vento. Just when the itch had died down comes your thread and the itch is alive and kicking.

I would personally go for the TSI + DSG though for the following reasons:
  1. Have experienced the diesel for ~4 years and 60,000+ kms
  2. Over a lac price difference between the TSI and TDI
  3. Low usage of the Vento of 30 kms per day and usage restricted to city limits ever since i bought the Innova
  4. Remap potential of the TSI (been dreaming about this for sometime now)

In terms of variant i would go for the Comfortline as well. Money saved will be invested in:
  1. Nice 16 inch Alloys
  2. Better Music System like the Philadelphia 835 (as you mentioned)
  3. Petes Remap
  4. Replace stock steering with the one with paddles

Ok I know the price difference isn't enough to cover for all of them

Enjoy have fun and drive safe!
miharbe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 22:00   #24

I mean once you bring the car to a stop it should not move till you touch the accelerator. You can realise the nuisance when you are crawling in a stop start traffic.

In an emergency driver may stop the car but may not be able to keep brake depressed due to confusion fear or injury. In that case an MT A would just stall and stop but this car may keep crawling resulting in further damage.

Thanks for sharing your experience with lower tyre pressure.
drnarenderdutt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 22:13   #25
BHPian

Congrats Rejeen! VW Vento is the best sedan one can get for 11 to 13 lakhs price range -performance wise, may not be feature wise. But ask any true BHPian, and performance is what matters the most.

I wish you many happy miles with your stead. Drive safe.
Crazy_cars_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 00:02   #26
DWC
BHPian

That's one heck of a car you got yourself. Enjoy her to the max. Lovely colour as well, but needs special care to maintain (I've got the Polo in the same shade).

Also, the door unlock safety feature is a blessing in disguise. That's exactly what you want your car to do in case of an emergency. If you're riding with unruly kids at the back, activate the child lock.
DWC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 12:10   #27
BHPian

Hi rejeen Congrats. Thanks for the review of DSG. I was awaiting such an official review from Team BHP for quite long. It was a very unbiased review. I would very much appreciate your inputs about this DSG as it will be of immense help to others who buy it in the future.

All the best. Wish you a very long association with Deep Blue Vento DSG.
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 23:57   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_and_machine View Post
Great!

Hyundai steering is very city traffic oriented and does not weigh well.
Is the reduced suspension an issue ? Did ever hit the road?
Is the A/C improved?
I can second you on tweeter (the current speakers do a very good job, but those would have been great!)
Thanks man_and_machine.
  • The Getz has a Hydraulic unit, great to have at high speeds unlike the ones in current set of Hyundai cars.
  • Haven't driven on really bad roads. So far haven't been an issue.
  • AC is fine now. Will get to know once the summer arrives.
  • Does RCD 510 upgrade with curret set of speakers makes a difference? I'm thinking of doing this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
Congrats on a great buy. As a fellow owner for the last 3.9 years, I can say it will definitely delight you. Threads like yours kinda make folks like us think on replacing the MT versions with the AT-DSG.
All the best !
Thanks polopm. You've enjoyed it for 3.9 years!! I guess your upgrade should be to something higher up to get more features along with the AT. But DSG itself can make you feel happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravinemala View Post
Congrats Rejeen! Enjoy all the miles you drive through.

I am in the market for a C segment car and did 4 test drives this Diwali weekend. One of them was this Vento DSG in toffee brown color. Somehow I liked the new color.

I felt a lazy response at lower speeds. But, once you cross 30-40 on the speedo, there is a visible surge in the power. Afterwards, it's a smooth and enjoyable ride. I was in the D-mode all along.
GC is good for the Bangalore roads. AC and backseat comfort are on par with the Honda city(My wife and cousin were in the backseat). The ICE is pretty basic, but I am not a big audiophile to complain about it. Interior quality is top notch, better than Honda city.
Cruise control is missing compared to Skoda Rapid.
Thanks ravinemala. Agree with you on all the points. Toffee Brown looks great! Have you made your choice yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
Congratulations Rejeen! Thats a fine car there Sir!

I would personally go for the TSI + DSG though for the following reasons:
  1. Have experienced the diesel for ~4 years and 60,000+ kms
  2. Over a lac price difference between the TSI and TDI
  3. Low usage of the Vento of 30 kms per day and usage restricted to city limits ever since i bought the Innova
  4. Remap potential of the TSI (been dreaming about this for sometime now)
In terms of variant i would go for the Comfortline as well. Money saved will be invested in:
  1. Nice 16 inch Alloys
  2. Better Music System like the Philadelphia 835 (as you mentioned)
  3. Petes Remap
  4. Replace stock steering with the one with paddles
Ok I know the price difference isn't enough to cover for all of them

Enjoy have fun and drive safe!
Thanks miharbe. Vento TSI sounds like the perfect choice for you. Regarding the ICE, I'm thinking of RCD 510 (Bosch) + Bluetooth module as other threads here says about UI sluggishness in Philadelphia 835.
Isn't a remap risky considering the history of 7-speed DSG as it'll void the warranty? I wouldn't do it at least for 2 years till there is more user reviews available about DSG's reliability and would also get used to its stock power so that any increase in power and performance can be more enjoyable

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnarenderdutt View Post
I mean once you bring the car to a stop it should not move till you touch the accelerator.
That's right. Wonder why they didn't chose the standard behavior for Vento.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_cars_guy View Post
Congrats Rejeen! VW Vento is the best sedan one can get for 11 to 13 lakhs price range -performance wise, may not be feature wise. But ask any true BHPian, and performance is what matters the most.

I wish you many happy miles with your stead. Drive safe.
Thanks Crazy_cars_guy. Agree with you and plan to slowly build on the features as and when possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC View Post
That's one heck of a car you got yourself. Enjoy her to the max. Lovely colour as well, but needs special care to maintain (I've got the Polo in the same shade).

Also, the door unlock safety feature is a blessing in disguise. That's exactly what you want your car to do in case of an emergency. If you're riding with unruly kids at the back, activate the child lock.
That's true DWC. I feel like cleaning the car after every drive. It gets ugly very quick and also looks great if maintained well.
Thanks, will start using the child lock,but still reluctant to accept the door unlock as a safety feature, but I think I've to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Hi rejeen Congrats. Thanks for the review of DSG. I was awaiting such an official review from Team BHP for quite long. It was a very unbiased review. I would very much appreciate your inputs about this DSG as it will be of immense help to others who buy it in the future.

All the best. Wish you a very long association with Deep Blue Vento DSG.
Thanks Seran Manian. People will appreciate DSG only if they drive one. Hope more people would give it a try and then compare with other choices. The manufacturer should do well by improving their sales and after-sales experience as there are a lot of negatives reported.

Last edited by rejeen : 30th October 2014 at 00:06.
Old 30th October 2014, 00:11   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejeen View Post

Thanks ravinemala. Agree with you on all the points. Toffee Brown looks great! Have you made your choice yet?

Not yet Rejeen. My decision is hinging on several other factors like my company's proposed car lease policy etc. Hope it happens soon.
Honda city is still on my Radar along with one of the DSGs.
ravinemala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 12:27   #30
BHPian

Congratulation Rejeen!

Good to see the first vento DSG on tbhp. Excellent choice of color as well. Looks rich! I'm sure you are thoroughly enjoy the DSG. Wishing you miles of safe and niggle free ownership.
Amarendranath is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks