Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2014, 18:24   #46
BHPian

Re: 2014 VW Polo GT TSI - The Grey Raptor

Is your car pepper grey or carbon steel?
Your original post says Pepper grey but as far as I know that color is not available anymore.
holysmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2014, 18:31   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by holysmoke View Post
Is your car pepper grey or carbon steel?
Your original post says Pepper grey but as far as I know that color is not available anymore.
My bad. It is named 'carbon steel' ... I dumbed it down to my lack of color nuances
Old 4th November 2014, 18:35   #48
BHPian

Very heartly congratulations inomad for the small beast.
It's raining GT TSi\TDi on TBHP!
Loved the review and the pics.
Covers go well with the interiors.

A word of advice - do check for clutch pack wear in DQ200 regularly and if there is any problem(God forbid it) get it replaced ASAP. It's the most common problem with DQ200(since mechatronics corrected in post mid-2011 cars).

Just got my DQ200 Superb (she developed jerking when shifting from D1 to D2 and in D2 1200-1700rpm - she had done just 9xxx kms in 2 years and driven very delicately) back yesterday after a clutch pack change under goodwill.
And going by the word of service adviser there has been nil complaints regarding mechatronics failure in cars manufactured post 2011 and I think that's a great news for DQ200 owners!
dr.kushagra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th November 2014, 20:14   #49
BHPian

Congrats on the hot hatch inomad. Those seat covers are a great deal for 7.5k. They turn the only eye sore in the car(the dull, beige seat fabrics) into an eye candy. They go very well with the car and look like OEM leather seats. I wouldn't be surprised if you get asked if the seats are OEM again and again.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2014, 23:54   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.kushagra View Post
Very heartly congratulations inomad for the small beast.
It's raining GT TSi\TDi on TBHP!
Loved the review and the pics.
Covers go well with the interiors.

A word of advice - do check for clutch pack wear in DQ200 regularly and if there is any problem(God forbid it) get it replaced ASAP. It's the most common problem with DQ200(since mechatronics corrected in post mid-2011 cars).

Just got my DQ200 Superb (she developed jerking when shifting from D1 to D2 and in D2 1200-1700rpm - she had done just 9xxx kms in 2 years and driven very delicately) back yesterday after a clutch pack change under goodwill.
And going by the word of service adviser there has been nil complaints regarding mechatronics failure in cars manufactured post 2011 and I think that's a great news for DQ200 owners!
Thanks a lot for the heads up on the clutch issue.
Old 5th November 2014, 01:18   #51
BHPian

We have also booked a Polo GT TSI (White), the vehicle price was initially quoted as 8,13,204 when we visited the showroom first on 30th Sept, so on road price as per the printed pricelist was 9,31,668 INR.

Then we booked the car on 8th of Oct they wrote and gave us one more spilt up but this time the vehicle price was written as 8,32,604 so on road price totalling to 9,53,715 INR.
There is a sudden increase within few days. Can anybody throw some light on this ? Is this the real price ? We are booked the car from Ramani s VW Coimbatore. I mean 19400 INR in few days seems to be too much to me.

They are offering us no discounts :( Since we are excited and equally wanting this (our first premium car) they seem to have caught hold of a rigid stance.
Can anyone help me as ask me the current ex-showroom price for a Polo TSI in other cities ? for eg. in Chennai ?

Last edited by rranjith_kum : 5th November 2014 at 01:22. Reason: typo correction
Old 5th November 2014, 08:25   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post
We have also booked a Polo GT TSI (White), the vehicle price was initially quoted as 8,13,204 when we visited the showroom first on 30th Sept, so on road price as per the printed pricelist was 9,31,668 INR.

Then we booked the car on 8th of Oct they wrote and gave us one more spilt up but this time the vehicle price was written as 8,32,604 so on road price totalling to 9,53,715 INR.
There is a sudden increase within few days. Can anybody throw some light on this ? Is this the real price ? We are booked the car from Ramani s VW Coimbatore. I mean 19400 INR in few days seems to be too much to me.

They are offering us no discounts :( Since we are excited and equally wanting this (our first premium car) they seem to have caught hold of a rigid stance.
Can anyone help me as ask me the current ex-showroom price for a Polo TSI in other cities ? for eg. in Chennai ?
The had increased from by ~INR18,000 from the introductory price of INR7.99L (ex-showroom). Must around the time period of your booking only.

And no discounts reported by any of dealers for GTs.
amanomics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 08:33   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanomics View Post
The had increased from by ~INR18,000 from the introductory price of INR7.99L (ex-showroom). Must around the time period of your booking only.

And no discounts reported by any of dealers for GTs.
thats a very small window for 'introductory price. Must've got a pretty good response. In mumbai there were variations in pricing depending on which RTO you get registered from. I did not know that they jacked up the price.
inomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 08:38   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inomad View Post
thats a very small window for 'introductory price. Must've got a pretty good response. In mumbai there were variations in pricing depending on which RTO you get registered from. I did not know that they jacked up the price.
Well TBH, if you're willing to pay ~INR9L on this car, which obviously would be after much deliberation, then +18k wouldn't change your decision.

The only bad part is the inconsistent communication by different dealers in different cities. If its an official price increase, all the dealers in the country should have an update on the same day! And be transparent about it.
amanomics is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 12:20   #55
BHPian

Thanks for the responses. Well after a visit to the dealer they have confirmed the revised price to be 8,32,644. It seems that the older price was for pre facelift model.God only knows what the real truth is.

Anyway the final on road price seems to be 9.53L. Things are clarified now at least.
P.S: They have received the first batch of cars on 28th Oct. So they are actually starting to sell now !

Last edited by rranjith_kum : 5th November 2014 at 12:22. Reason: added P.S
Old 5th November 2014, 13:19   #56
BHPian

Great Review! Congratulations for your new car

Quote:
Originally Posted by inomad View Post
The GT Tsi Test Drive was a point of no return
GT TSI drive is so addictive. There should be warning sticker on GT TSI test drive car that you lose your ability to compare after you test drive this car.
radek is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2014, 12:19   #57
BHPian

Welcome to the family infomad. Glad to have another GT owner in bombay. Btw, if you dont mind, pls msg me the location you got your seat covers from.
apurva512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2014, 16:59   #58
BHPian

Congratulations on the GT!! Just loved your seat cover. Blends amazingly giving a rich premium feel to it.
microaubin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2014, 18:06   #59
Team-BHP Support

Excellent review! Thanks for sharing

Really love the carbon steel shade - looks so classy and elegant. And those black seat covers - makes it even better!
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 09:48   #60
BHPian

Congratulations on the new ride, she is a beauty! Will be getting mine soon (same color) and cant hardly wait!
HeavyFuelRun is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks