Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2015, 20:46   #61
BHPian

@blueknight. Understand you are looking for a reverse camera. Should cost you around 10 grand for the one with the image on the IRVM.
You get cameras which can be fixed just above the number plate, instead of those on the bumper.
Old 31st March 2015, 11:05   #62
BHPian

Re: Auto dimming mirror and headlamp knob with auto option

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post

Gentex auto dimming rearview mirror
Rearview with exposed wires which I didn't like though
I'm trying to get the same mirror installed in my Vento and struggling to find a power source without cutting any wire. Could you please share your installation details?
Thanks in advance.
Old 31st March 2015, 11:32   #63
Team-BHP Support

Re: Auto dimming mirror and headlamp knob with auto option

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
I'm trying to get the same mirror installed in my Vento and struggling to find a power source without cutting any wire. Could you please share your installation details?
Thanks in advance.
ventoman, there are several ways to get a 12V source.

Option 1 - Use a tap-a-fuse cable:

My Glistening Night Blue VW Polo 1.5 TDi Highline-8311003.jpg

Insert it into an empty slot in the fusebox, run the cable through the driver side A-pillar all the way to the headliner.

Option 2 - Get one of these 3M Scotchok connectors:

My Glistening Night Blue VW Polo 1.5 TDi Highline-560runtapconnectorulcsaceapproved.jpg

Helps to tap a 12V line from an existing source; from the cabin light input cable, in this case.

Option 3 - the jugaadu option is to solder 2 wires on the cabin light's metal leads (+12V, GND):

My Glistening Night Blue VW Polo 1.5 TDi Highline-img_7075.jpg

Apply some hot glue over the solder joints so the wires don't come off and use the 2 cables for the mirror's inputs.

You don't end up cutting any stock cables in any of these methods.
Gannu_1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 01:04   #64
BHPian

Re: My Glistening Night Blue VW Polo 1.5 TDi Highline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishyvish View Post
@blueknight. Understand you are looking for a reverse camera. Should cost you around 10 grand for the one with the image on the IRVM.
You get cameras which can be fixed just above the number plate, instead of those on the bumper.
Thanks Vishyvish. Can you please suggest a good source (online or the in the Delhi NCR)which provides a high quality reverse camera in the IRVM. I am looking for some very good quality rear view camera with good quality screens (ex: the hyundai i20 IRVM) and the not the cheap quality after market ones.

Although I wonder if I would be able to find really high quality ones for the polo.

Best Regards!!
Old 3rd May 2015, 10:16   #65
BHPian

First Service Update

Completed the first service (15000km
) yesterday
Kilometers in the odometer : 14739 km
Duration of ownership : 7 months and 2 days
Invoice:
My Glistening Night Blue VW Polo 1.5 TDi Highline-imag2980.jpg

The service was smooth. The only issue was rattling from the instrument cluster which was earlier rectified during 7500 km check up. But it again started at 14000 km. They removed the cluster and the whole of the cluster was wrapped with sponge and adhesive tape. After that, there developed a gap between cluster and dashboard cover. Then, they removed some of the adhesives and then it was better. But they made few scratches over the cover
Air filter was not changed according to their advice. Brake pads were fine too.
Old 23rd July 2015, 02:59   #66
BHPian

Really well written ownership thread. I am in the process of booking a Red Polo Highline 1.5 TDI.
Need Information regarding the use of VCDS. Does use of VCDS affect Warranty? Also all the mods mentioned using VCDS including needle sweep and hazard/ emergency braking possible on Polo Highline or not. Kindly specify the version of the software used for using these mods.

In One of the posts you mentioned about coming home and leaving functionality of lights being on for some more time after locking/unlocking car. Please elaborate were you able to change the behavior to headlights instead of parking lights being on.

You have also used the gentex mirror. Is there really an advantage using that. What's the cost and source of mirror?

As I am currently owner of Swift Zdi, how different is the braking behavior of polo when compared to swift.
Old 8th August 2015, 08:47   #67
BHPian

nidhinsarath, please tell me does installation of gentex mirror requires modification to the existing mirror adapter on windscreen.
Please provide the vcds code for needle sweep.
Old 8th August 2015, 17:10   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
nidhinsarath, please tell me does installation of gentex mirror requires modification to the existing mirror adapter on windscreen.
Please provide the vcds code for needle sweep.
The adapter is the same for Gentex mirror. The connection is given to the cabin light with a dual pin.
Needle sweep - VCDS-Instruments-Adaptation-Indicator celebration- Do it.
Old 10th August 2015, 00:40   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_hardcore View Post
Has someone in Delhi NCR got the additional horn installed? if yes, please help.
I've got a Vento TSI, so I don't know if my experience will count - but when I tried adding an additional horn, initially the VW guys refused. After a bit of convincing and reassuring them that I would pay for the extra horn, brackets etc they got it for me. When the engineers tried connecting it though, they couldn't get it to turn on. Finally someone mentioned something along the lines of "there was an insulating material" in one of the empty connectors that had to be removed before attaching the extra horn. I'm assuming VW began adding this "insulating material" after it switched to the single horns in the new vehicles. The old Polos and Ventos both had dual horns.

Once they removed the insulating material it worked perfectly, and suddenly I feel safer when I'm on a highway, passing a village and a random kid decides to cross the road. Don't know if your case is the same, but wouldn't hurt to ask.
Old 10th August 2015, 00:49   #70
BHPian

Quote:
A few pics of the latest upgrades as mentioned earlier.
I really need the Gentex Rear View mirrors - but am one of those people that does not like messing with the warranty. Any chance the process you've mentioned (without splicing the wires) makes it legal or permissible by VW?

If I can be assured it's safe, I'm going to get this done as soon as I can, since this is a major safety hazard in my opinion, and an oversight for a car in this segment. I've got a Vento TSI by the way, but I'm assuming the connectors are the same in both vehicles.
Old 29th August 2015, 06:55   #71
BHPian

I recently swapped my RCD 320 with an aftermarket HU Dynavin N6, Vagtech camera and an OPS module from Vagtune, Kochi ( Sugesh). It was a much awaited upgrade and it happened in the 11th month of ownership. The initial experience with the new HU is just awesome. The user interface and the processor is too good. Thanks Sugesh for all the assistance.

Pros:
1. Perfect blend with the dashboard controls.
2. Huge 7" touch screen with good sensitivity.
3. Good processor, fast performance.
4. User friendly UI, smooth operation.
5. Audio quality is top notch.
6. Parrot BT functionality and performance.

Cons:
1. Radio bug - Radio frequencies gets stuck between 2 preset stations some times.
2. Indian standard time missing.
Now let the pictures do some talking!
My Glistening Night Blue VW Polo 1.5 TDi Highline-img_0940.jpg

My Glistening Night Blue VW Polo 1.5 TDi Highline-img_0882.jpg

My Glistening Night Blue VW Polo 1.5 TDi Highline-img_0919.jpg

My Glistening Night Blue VW Polo 1.5 TDi Highline-img_0922.jpg
Uploaded the Radio logos jpg files.
My Glistening Night Blue VW Polo 1.5 TDi Highline-img_0953.jpg

My Glistening Night Blue VW Polo 1.5 TDi Highline-img_0881.jpg
Old 29th August 2015, 16:43   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I recently swapped my RCD 320 with an aftermarket HU Dynavin N6, Vagtech camera and an OPS module from Vagtune, Kochi ( Sugesh).
Hey nidhinsarath congrats on the swap dude and it really seems to be an awesome fit !!

Can you please post the pics of the Vagtech Camera? Is this something similar to the one of the Passat which pops out of the rear hatch emblem?

Also, if not an issue, can you also post the cost with breakup for the installation?

Drive safe
Old 29th August 2015, 20:30   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey nidhinsarath
Can you please post the pics of the Vagtech Camera? Is this something similar to the one of the Passat which pops out of the rear hatch emblem?

Drive safe
The camera integrates into number plate lights.I have uploaded a few pics of the HU and camera in the following post also.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...ml#post3790158
Old 30th August 2015, 13:10   #74
BHPian

Nidhinsarath, please post the cost of the setup.
Old 10th September 2015, 18:00   #75
BHPian

Swapped stock plain ORVM with permanent anti glare ORVMS from vagtune. My Glistening Night Blue VW Polo 1.5 TDi Highline-imageuploadedbyteambhp1441887814.987515.jpgMy Glistening Night Blue VW Polo 1.5 TDi Highline-imageuploadedbyteambhp1441888216.259990.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks