Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2015, 13:35   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat Avventura: A New Italian Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
The service intervals(from date of purchase) as per Avventura manual are as below :
  • 1st Free Service : 5000kms or 6 Months
  • 2nd Free Service : 15000kms or 12 Months
  • 3rd Free Service : 30000kms or 24 Months
Quote:
Servicing Pattern
- Every 3000km or 6months which ever occurs earlier.
- Standard replacement of Fuel ,Oil,AC filters once annually
- Change of Engine oil every 5000km, since semi synthetic (Petronas
Selenia) is supplied for Avventura.
Quote:
The servicing pattern is from the Avventura manual and it is different from Punto Evo as confirmed by Fiat Service centre.
I'm really confused here. Can you please post a picture from your manual for better clarity?

Quote:
I did not choose any specific number or alphabet series. Little did i realize that the digits add to "13"
But shouldn't it be added again which will add up to '4'?
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 14:47   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I'm really confused here. Can you please post a picture from your manual for better clarity?

But shouldn't it be added again which will add up to '4'?
I see from the Avventura manual that the Inspection is at 5000km (Punto Evo is at 3000km). This is the only glaring difference i spotted. I dont have a pdf version of the Avventura manual.

I was taught by my dad to add digits till 13 only.

Last edited by hillram : 6th January 2015 at 14:50.
hillram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 15:26   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.....and they alloted a number randomly.I did not choose any specific number or alphabet series. Little did i realize that the digits add to "13":
No need to be frustrated. The numbers are to be added till it becomes a single digit which makes it 4.
I used a Swift with number 5530 for eight and a half years without any problem whatsoever. Best of luck.

Last edited by rajeev k : 6th January 2015 at 15:27.
rajeev k is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 16:36   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
No need to be frustrated. The numbers are to be added till it becomes a single digit which makes it 4.
I used a Swift with number 5530 for eight and a half years without any problem whatsoever. Best of luck.
Thanks Rajeev. You made my day !!!
Old 6th January 2015, 16:54   #35
Senior - BHPian

Avventura bites lot of dust
Till date one of my critical observation (after tail gate / boot opening vows) is the amount of dust the plastic parts are attracting, both in the interior and exterior of the Avventura. Does this reflect cheapness of plastic used in Avventura? Remember my observation on tacky plastic used in Avventura...
I drive with all the windows glasses rolled up all the time, but still the dashboard, steering wheel , gear knob leather cover are attracting dust particles significantly. Exterior body cladding also is victim of dust rather heavily. I observed the test drive Avventuras at various Fiat showrooms, whose body cladding has become dull and the black sheen is lost.
Is there any treatment that i can give to the plastic parts (both interior and exterior) so that 1) dust can be repelled , 2) original black gloss can be conserved?
Im considering 3M paint sealant package (which costs about 5.5k), but not sure if anything will be done specifically to plastic parts.

Last edited by hillram : 6th January 2015 at 16:58.
Old 7th January 2015, 03:06   #36
BHPian

Great picturesof a great car. One thing that I always wonder about cars which have mixed elements from the suv and hatchback segments is the effect that they have on the traffic behavior. Do Autos and motorcyclists coming fom the wrong side of the road spare you the road without the need for using the horn? They are usually more careful with an SUV in sight.
Wishing you many happy miles.
Old 7th January 2015, 07:32   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
Great picturesof a great car. One thing that I always wonder about cars which have mixed elements from the suv and hatchback segments is the effect that they have on the traffic behavior. Do Autos and motorcyclists coming fom the wrong side of the road spare you the road without the need for using the horn? They are usually more careful with an SUV in sight.
Wishing you many happy miles.
Thanks. Thats an interesting perspective that you have thrown in, about traffic behaviour towards SUVs.
Avventura does have a good road presence and is taking good space on the roads, but im always careful with incoming traffic, especially from the worng side. I have had some close brushes where the OVRMs came to rescue, but i was extra careful with them as they have indicators mounted on OVRMs. Any damage will put a hole in my pocket !!
Old 7th January 2015, 07:40   #38
Senior - BHPian

Can you post some photos of interiors, so that the dust menace can be seen. Perhaps, this could be attributable to the certain surface texture of the plastics or is it due to higher static electricity retention potential of this material, something similar to Electro Static Precipitation?

Last edited by rajeev k : 7th January 2015 at 07:44.
Old 7th January 2015, 11:19   #39
BHPian

Quote:
With respect to the issue with Petrol Avventura is that the issue has been taken to the drawing board and Fiat India is working on it and it will easily take 1-2 months to resolve.
And that could be one reason for still spotting camouflaged Avventura's near Pune these days. Hope the issue gets resolved soon.

Do you know what exactly was the issue in the Petrol variant? Just wondering how different is Punto Evo in that regard.
Old 7th January 2015, 12:51   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Archer84 View Post
And that could be one reason for still spotting camouflaged Avventura's near Pune these days. Hope the issue gets resolved soon.

Do you know what exactly was the issue in the Petrol variant? Just wondering how different is Punto Evo in that regard.
Im aware of the exact reason and this does not effect Punto Evo in anyway.
This problem is very specific to Petrol variant of Avventura and resolvable. Fiat India is taking more time to test the cars from safety point of view and honestly I could not wait another 2-3 months after having paid the whole on road money in October last year !!! Hence i switched over to Diesel variant (with no other choice).

Last edited by hillram : 7th January 2015 at 12:55.
Old 7th January 2015, 15:38   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Till date one of my critical observation (after tail gate / boot opening vows) is the amount of dust the plastic parts are attracting, both in the interior and exterior of the Avventura. Does this reflect cheapness of plastic used in Avventura? Remember my observation on tacky plastic used in Avventura...
I drive with all the windows glasses rolled up all the time, but still the dashboard, steering wheel , gear knob leather cover are attracting dust particles significantly
Congrats Hillram on your new avventura. regarding the plastics catching a lot of dust in-spite of having all the windows rolled up, its the same in evo as well. I drive a evo active 1.2, and i wonder from where the dust is settling in and accumulating all that dust. I guess its the plastic material that is used.

I have a question for you: Since yours is an active variant, is the MID display a full fledged one or a limited one? the MID in my evo active displays the mileage in L/100KM and there is no option to change that to KM/L
ant_vas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2015, 15:59   #42
BHPian

Many congratulations Hillram on your new acquisition. Thanks for the lovely pics and the detailed review.

Wishing you thousands of happy and safe miles on your new ride!
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2015, 16:24   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
Congrats Hillram on your new avventura. regarding the plastics catching a lot of dust in-spite of having all the windows rolled up, its the same in evo as well. I drive a evo active 1.2, and i wonder from where the dust is settling in and accumulating all that dust. I guess its the plastic material that is used.

I have a question for you: Since yours is an active variant, is the MID display a full fledged one or a limited one? the MID in my evo active displays the mileage in L/100KM and there is no option to change that to KM/L
Thanks.
So the i need to continue biting dust, till a solution is found !!!!
MID is limited for Active variant as you have in Evo and full fledged only in Emotion Variant.
Old 7th January 2015, 19:39   #44
BHPian

Quote:

Little did i know i was opening a Pandora's box !!! Next 7 days I bombarded Fiat India as the dealer gave up his hands with no updates. Fiat India was very diplomatic as I had already paid the entire money and was playing their cards carefully. Finally i lost my patience and threatened to take to court. This when Fiat India's Regional Sales head called to reveal that Petrol Avventura suffered from a major flaw effecting the safety of the driver, hence it had gone back to drawing board..I was told the exact problem, which made me rethink from safety point of view !! My hopes were dashed against rocks and I was in a dilemma.

I wrote to the MD of Fiat India, yes..the same gentleman who put a symbolic Avventura Key in my son's hands, 2 months ago. He immeditaly suggested me to switch over to a Multijet diesel version and I was sent a Test Drive car. I went for a good 100km drive and was floored by the sheer brilliance,power and handling of the Diesel Avventura.

Congratulations Hillram for your Italian beauty. You seem to be an ardent italian fan (Vespa, Fiat)
Regarding the petrol avventura, did the Fiat officials give you an ETA when that driver safety thing would be resolved? Please let us know how Avventura behaves at 100+ speed (now that the ground clearance has been increased by 20 mm) whenever you get a chance
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2015, 20:23   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
Congratulations Hillram for your Italian beauty. You seem to be an ardent italian fan (Vespa, Fiat)
Regarding the petrol avventura, did the Fiat officials give you an ETA when that driver safety thing would be resolved? Please let us know how Avventura behaves at 100+ speed (now that the ground clearance has been increased by 20 mm) whenever you get a chance
Thanks. Indeed I grew up with Fiats and Vespas, hence they have been a way of life to me.
Fiat India has not given any definitive ETA for Petrol Avventuras, but they said it could take 2 months.
I had only one chance to drive on highway where i touched 100+ speed and Avventura was absolutely planted on road with no vibrations or load on the engine. But more experiences are to come soon...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks